Genzyme

58 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manufacturing Shift Support Office Interview

Haverhill, England

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Genzyme in November 2012.

Interview Details This took over 5 months for me, but at every step they where open, and responded well.

First: Phone Interview, lasts about an hour, questions about the job, how you would solve certain problems, and improve others.

Second: In-Person, at the facility, I got a tour around the place, and it took about 3 hours. Questions are similar to the phone interview, but a bit more focused on the job. Pre-planning for questions is essential, and I advise you to do it!!

Overall, it was pleasant, but I failed to get the job due to Sanofi buy-out. HR was quick at responding, and it wasn't there fault, but more because of the big wigs at Sanofi.

Interview Question – Questions regarding training, process solutions to machines breaking down, and what I would do if a part of the process failed.

All basically revolved around validation and QA principles.

Biostatisticians Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Genzyme.

Interview Details Applied online and approximately a week later got an email from HR to schedule an phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview lasted about 30/40 mins with mostly technical questions and haven't heard back since.

Interview Question – Some behavioral questions and questions on fixed effects/random effects/GLM/non-parametric models,collinearity,PCA, factor analysis, DOE   Answer Question

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Interviewed at Genzyme

Interview Details Initially contacted by a 3rd party recruiter. I had both phone and in-person interviews. As large as Genzyme/Sanofi is, they have not developed the maturity it appears to have a more formal interview process where the interviewers have been trained on how to interview.

Negotiation Details – Spent a few days on salary negotiations

Document Specialist II Interview

Allston, MA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Genzyme in June 2011.

Interview Details Temp to perm. They do not value temps and will try to keep you on as a temp employee for as long as possible. Asked behavioral questions. Interested in how you'll work under pressure. Require high level of experience for admin work. Meet with 5 interviewers so be prepared to be there a couple hours.

Interview Questions

• Example of conflict with coworker and how resolved it?   Answer Question
  • How do you manage competing priorities/can you work in a fast-paced environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Cannot negotiate. Not much money in budget. Colleague who moved laterally from another position (FTE to FTE) took a pay cut. Be prepared to work hard with poor compensation. Terrible work environment - unprofessional.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Genzyme in July 2010.

Interview Details I was brought in through a temp agency which most admin positions seem to be. The agency I worked with was very nice and the process was smooth. I had an offer the day after I interviewed and started right after I gave 2 weeks notice at my previous position.

Interview Question – When working for pharma you will be asked if you understand reimbursement and the payor system   Answer Question

Process Engineer II Interview

Process Engineer II

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Genzyme.

Interview Details Typical interview process for biopharma

Interview Question – why would you like to work for genzyme   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They make an offer. No negotiation.

Facilities Interview

Interviewed at Genzyme

Interview Details The process takes many weeks and they leave you with question marks unanswered.

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Business Systems Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Genzyme in April 2010.

Interview Details It took more than 2 months and I had 2 face-to-face, 2 video conference interviews (at the office location) and 2 phone interviews.

Interview Question – Answering questions meant for another similar role.
I was asked about functional areas outside the job scope as the interviewer was under the assumption that I was being interviewed for a different role.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much.
The company matched my salary expectations.

Process Engineer I Interview

Process Engineer I

Interviewed at Genzyme

Interview Details I got interviewed nd approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.We will not post reviews containing:

Rants, venting, or obscenities
Personal insults or defamatory attacks (by name, title, or association)

Interview Question – Personal insults or defamatory attacks (by name, title, or association)
Aggressive or discriminatory language
Trade secrets or information protected by employer contracts

Scientist Interview

Framingham, MA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Genzyme in March 2009.

Interview Details Totally different than when I was hired

Negotiation Details – Easy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Genzyme

Worked for Genzyme? Contribute to the Community!

Genzyme Videos

Genzyme – Why Work for Us?

Genzyme is committed to discovering and delivering transformative therapies for patients with rare and special unmet medical needs, providing hope where there was none before. Corporate Overview Genzyme has… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Genzyme interview questions and advice. All 58 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Genzyme employees and interview candidates.