Genzyme

3.1

Manufacturing Shift Support Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haverhill, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haverhill, England

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Genzyme in November 2012.

This took over 5 months for me, but at every step they where open, and responded well.

First: Phone Interview, lasts about an hour, questions about the job, how you would solve certain problems, and improve others.

Second: In-Person, at the facility, I got a tour around the place, and it took about 3 hours. Questions are similar to the phone interview, but a bit more focused on the job. Pre-planning for questions is essential, and I advise you to do it!!

Overall, it was pleasant, but I failed to get the job due to Sanofi buy-out. HR was quick at responding, and it wasn't there fault, but more because of the big wigs at Sanofi.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding training, process solutions to machines breaking down, and what I would do if a part of the process failed.

All basically revolved around validation and QA principles.
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Genzyme.

Met at a career fair and applied online. Interviewed with HR representative that week.Know your resume and your involvements. Be able to talk about your activities and involvements. There are behavioral questions and technical questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was being able to convey my technical skills.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Specialty Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Genzyme in September 2014.

Received email from hiring mgr bout setting up phone screen 1st thing in the morning. I accomodated her request & her following request to meet f2f (again 1st thing in the morning) at a location that typically takes an hour without traffic (in this case took me over an hour each way). She had told me ahead of time that it would be really informal in a coffee shop. This was not the case! Your typical STAR/situational/behavior-based interview. Thought it went ok, as she seemed to bring up examples of how her background was very similar (i.e. reason for making a change). Went above & beyond w/ ty email, mailed hand-written ty note, & put together a couple of PP presentations (including an action plan). Only response I received was almost a month later - a one liner saying they were proceeding w/ other candidates. Offer would have been contingent on them receiving FDA clearance on Lemtrada & there were supposedly 4 openings in my area. Seemed as if she was looking for someone who already had relationships in MS market. However, it seems as if companies like this no longer honor non-competes and/or don't want to train reps.

Interview Questions
    • What neurologists do you have a relationship with?   View Answer

Senior Manufacturing Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Genzyme in September 2014.

Showed up at Framingham site,supposed to meet 5 people for a half hour each... First person I was to interview with never showed up, so Im sitting in Lobby and HR woman meets me, telling me she will find somebody for me to meet with. A guy comes and meets me and takes me to interview room, he tells me he's not from department so doesn't know anything about the job, so half hour with him turns out to be nothing but chit chat as he's more interested in his iPhone in front of him. He leaves the room telling me somebody will be in within a minute - 20 minutes go by before the next interview comes in, again her iPhone in front of her. Finish 10 mins with her and in walks HR woman I had originally met with - credit her she had my resume only in front of her, she leaves after half hour and in walks head of department - 30 some guy who looks and acts exhausted and stressed out, again his smartphone on desk in front of him……I have to say place was most unprofessional organization I have ever seen.

Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Genzyme.

I was hired during the peak of consultant hiring period. So, the interview process was brief. A quick telephone interview with a few good questions I was hired. The HR did a good job on pre-screen things. The job offer paper work is formal and complete. The whole process took about two weeks.

Principal Regulatory Affairs Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Genzyme.

The hiring process was quiet smooth and quick as I was called in for face to face interview directly without a phone screening. I had a small general conversation with one of the HR rep within a week of applying for this position. All in all a smooth experience and all the interviewers were very professional. I actually got the denial email from hiring manager and also got feedback on my interview performance and areas of improvement. Based on that conversation I believe I did make a cut but somebody was better than me else you normally don't hear back from the hiring manager and definitely not a feedback on your performance.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions asked were standard questions, in fact the interview was more of a conversation than an interview.   Answer Question

Principal Production Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Genzyme.

I was an internal transfer, so I met with the Plant Manager to discuss the position. I submitted my resume to HR and they processed the paperwork to move me into my new role. The interview process for external applicants is much more detailed and complex. You will need to submit your resume online, and you will be contacted by HR if they are interested. Typically you will go through multiple interview sessions before a hiring decision is made. You can negotiate your salary, but there are salary ranges for each job level, and they will not typically exceed the maximum amount for the grade.

Interview Questions
    Since this was an internal transfer, the negotiation phase was simple. The position was one level higher than my current job, so a slight pay increase was added to my salary.

Lab Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Genzyme.

Standard phone screen followed by a first interview with 8 individuals and a second interview with 6 additional employees, plus a talk. None of the questions were particularly difficult, and I tried to be well-prepared. The process took way too long though (from November to April).

Interview Questions
    • Would you say you pay attention to detail and can you provide an example?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Genzyme.

Meet with multiple people. Start with HR, then Hiring manager, then the rest of the team. Scientists individually, but associates are grouped together as a tribunal. Then back to HR. For second interview, you will meet director team again, maybe will give small seminar.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual. Genzyme doesn't require a formal psych evaluation style interview that places like Merck use. Basically you will be asked about your experience etc. and things relevant to the actual position write up.   Answer Question
    Definitely negotiate. The offer is below market and if you accept it, that salary will blunt your future salary raises/promotions for your career.

Biostatisticians Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Genzyme.

Applied online and approximately a week later got an email from HR to schedule an phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview lasted about 30/40 mins with mostly technical questions and haven't heard back since.

Interview Questions
    • Some behavioral questions and questions on fixed effects/random effects/GLM/non-parametric models,collinearity,PCA, factor analysis, DOE   Answer Question