GfK

Interview Question – basic interview   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
West Byfleet, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at GfK in February 2009.

Interview Details Had phone interview with HR first, then numeric reasoning test & 2:1 interview. Very friendly interviewers (Acc. Director & Business Group Director). Got the job offered 20min after I left the building, while on the train back home.

Interview Question – Give examples of when you had to work with numbers in your previous roles.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at GfK in September 2007.

Interview Details Telephone interview with Recruiter and the HR Manager ; invited for an interview with the hiring Manager and the HR Manager .
I was then required to give a presentation and then a negotiation phone call with the recruiter ...

Now a days, it is mandatory to do a skill assessment test

Senior Research Associate Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GfK.

Interview Details Hired as part of an acquisition, so cannot speak to GfK process. I can say that some teams are more selective than others, interviewing for months and months before making a single hire.

Interview Question – Not sure if they still use these for entry-level, but they'll ask abstract ideas to get a feel for how you think. For example) What is the US population? Some basics on statistics are also likely to be asked.   Answer Question

Market Research Director Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GfK.

Interview Details Had three interviews which were pretty standard with no real difficult questions. Some of the people that I gave as references said that the questions they were asked were really basic and didn't relate to the job in question. Also had to go back and forth a few times on the offer letter due to errors and wanting clarification in writing.

Interview Question – None was asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Straightforward except the process of the offer letter was a bit aggrevating,

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at GfK in June 2013.

Interview Details HR initial interview, then a technical interview with the department manager and finally an interview with the managing director

Interview Question – nothing, all expected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – send an offer by email, and sending back the acceptance by email and finally signing a contract

Senior Research Manager Interview

Senior Research Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GfK in January 2014.

Interview Details The process was fairly straight forward. A recruiter scheduled two phone interviews with higher ups who's team I would be on. Then I had two in person interviews at the local office with the person I would report to, and their boss. Everyone was very positive and told me they would be in touch in a couple of days. Unfortunately, I never heard back after the in person interviews. I reached out to the recruiter to ask if a decision had been made and heard nothing. Very disappointing as I spent nearly 2 months going through the whole process. It would have been nice to hear formally one way or the other.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions asked. They did ask how I would feel working for someone who I felt knew less than I do.   Answer Question

RSS Executive Interview

Sofia (Bulgaria)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GfK in May 2012.

Interview Details There are typically three rounds of selection: 1.) CV; 2.) Test/exam; 3.) Interview - evaluation of the interpersonal skills.

Interview Question – The interviewing team is really down to earth and are truly interested in the candidates. There were no unexpected or intentionally difficult questions in my interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked on the interview what salary would I like to get and later when they approved me, they called me on the phone and offered me the amount I had pointed out.

Senior Associate Market Researcher Interview

Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GfK in July 2013.

Interview Details Series of phone interviews, followed by Video interviews at HQ in Chicago for a position in WA. They cancelled the final interview under the guise of a rescheduling, but it never got rescheduled. I reached out to them after a few days and they responded only through a form-email informing me they would not go forward with interview process. Impersonal end to an otherwise good experience.

Interview Question – Questions were relatively straightforward for an interview - they asked "What is your favorite scale and why?"   Answer Question

Field Coordinator I Interview

Ann Arbor, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at GfK in July 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and was contact via phone about 2 weeks later. I was then interviewed by a recruiter who spoke with me for 15 minutes (screening). I was scheduled for a second interview (this week) and it was with a field manager and we spoke for 30 minutes. I am waiting for a response and was told that I would have more information next week on the position.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions about research experience.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at GfK

Worked for GfK? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GfK interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews are posted anonymously by GfK employees and interview candidates.