GfK

Updated 6 Dec 2014

2.9

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GfK in November 2014.

I was recruited for the role via a recruitment agency and after GfK had reviewed my CV they invited me to an interview which involved a numerical test followed by a verbal reasoning test, if my scores on these tests were satisfactory then I would have been invited to meet with the account director for an interview. If I passed that interview I would have then had to prepare and give a presentation for the final part of the interview process. I prepared well for the interview however I was overwhelmed by the pre-interview tests, 35 numerical questions to be completed in 35 minutes where there were 10 options for each questions, I was advised to adhere to the rule of quality not quantity. This however did not work for me as I missed out on the pass mark by 2 marks on both tests. The verbal reasoning test involved 48 questions to be completed in 25 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • All numerical test questions you needed to refer to the charts and tables provided, make sure you understand what the questions are asking you and that you are good with working out percentages and ratios. With the verbal reasoning test, make sure you understand the passage provided and ensure that the statements below are either true, false or you cannot say due to the lack of evidence provided.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Assessment day with role multiple interviews with different levels of staff. Also a presentation with another candidate. Interviews consisted on competency questions, background and motivations for role as well as technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • General competency questions are asked so make you have an answer for these types of questions.   Answer Question
    Offer by phone the next day not much negotiation.

very informal

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Byfleet, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Byfleet, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at GfK in February 2009.

Had phone interview with HR first, then numeric reasoning test & 2:1 interview. Very friendly interviewers (Acc. Director & Business Group Director). Got the job offered 20min after I left the building, while on the train back home.

Interview Questions
    • Give examples of when you had to work with numbers in your previous roles.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at GfK in September 2007.

Telephone interview with Recruiter and the HR Manager ; invited for an interview with the hiring Manager and the HR Manager .
    I was then required to give a presentation and then a negotiation phone call with the recruiter ...

Now a days, it is mandatory to do a skill assessment test

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at GfK.

Screening interview first, then data analysis test, then anotherfour phone interviews and one in-person interview. It took them forever to make up their mind, in total about 4 months of interviews and going back and forth.

No negotiation

Assistant Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at GfK.

I received a call from HR and got appointed an interview in 1 week . So, one telephone interview and live-interview, it was ok, not challenging experience. Took 1-2 hours? location very inconvenient.

Interview Questions
    • a lot of behavioural questions, market-size questions and tests on analysis of statistics(very easy)   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at GfK.

Two rounds of interviews, first was very general, Backround and experience, second; much more specific (Knowledge of Excel, Data analysis, Power point and Data analysis skills). Offered position a day after final interview, and accepted.

Interview Questions
    No negociation, take it or leave it

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at GfK.

Three rounds of interviews, first was very general, second and third much more specific. About two weeks in between each interview. Offered position a few days after final interview, and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • How has past experiences prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at GfK.

The interview process was pretty smooth. They call me on Monday for Wednesday interview. The first interview was pretty full there were writing test for English, math, logic, EQ, etc, and then HR interview and user interview in the same day. Then second interview was the next week to present a marketing analysis in PPT. the next week I already got the contract deal..

Interview Questions
    • The presentation would be the most challenging one because all the head division and the MD will join the presentation session. so be prepare with an excellent question   Answer Question
    Since this company is global company so the contract already standardize with un-negotiable salary...little bit lame..