Gildan Activewear

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

IT Administration Specialist Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Gildan Activewear.

Interview Details Long hiring process. Applied online, never heard back. Then through a recruiter, interview appointment was reluctantly given (I guess the so called Recruitment advisor had better things to do). During the interview I realized she did not read the resume, which these days is fairly common practice. Like most other HR interviewers, she only wanted to hear about my past work. Never asked if I enjoyed or not, which is a very big clue of how a bad choice will eventually be made. She heard I had done something very similar in the past and based on this I was sent to the technical interview a good 10 days later, while the position I was applying for was basically uncovered (a very junior employee was there coping to cover for a departed employee).
The whole attitude was very snobby. I felt from the beginning the attitude "I am doing such a big favor to you to be here right now hearing what you ad to say instead of being browsing the internet on my computer...". Same can be said when I received the first low ball offer: this is all we can offer she said. My reply was that among the 2 I was not the desperate one in need to get into that position. They had in uncovered. So my counteroffer was 20% higher an got accepted right away by the IT director who had much clearer than her the need to fulfill immediately that critical position.
A very unpleasant experience with a rookie. I should have followed my instinct that were telling me "you see more than you think about a company already from the interview". My employment is going to finish soon as I finally have found another job which pays better and is finally with a reputable company.

Interview Question – HR interview was absolutely incompetent, maybe she should sell perfumes downstairs at The Bay. Technical interview was hands on and still easy if you did the job before. I was interviewed by the person covering for the Sysadmin who just left the company in unfriendly terms and received little coaching. I had to tell him "no offense but let me show you something you should do right away, even before hiring me or anybody else...".   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low-ball offer well below industry average. Just a try from an HR rookie who hoped to look good to her boss. Made a counteroffer 20% higher which was accepted right away.

Manager Finance & Accounting Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Gildan Activewear in January 2010.

Interview Details If you are a female, make sure to dress sexy - as the interviewing manager asks males to walk by the glass offices during the interview.

Interview Question – No difficult questions - interviews are standard. However they have changed since my initial interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The background check took much longer than expected, and they lied about it being completed.

Knitting Production Manager Interview

Choloma, Cortés (Honduras)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Gildan Activewear in July 2011.

Interview Details Initial communication: phone. Interview process: 5 including Mid Level-Upper-Top Management.

Interview Question – Capacity to manage an overall plant efficiency of 95% over all 4 daily shifts.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Medical Insurance, Gas Allowance, 3 annual bonus of 100% of monthly base salary.

Customer Business Manager Interview

Charleston, SC (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gildan Activewear.

Interview Details Applied for this position through a recruiter and was given the green light to interview with the Director of the department over the phone. The next interview was also over the phone with another key person. Both interviews went well but unfortunately, this position was blocked from inviting anyone in for a face to face interview due to a VP who preferred candidates with background working directly with Walmart. Very disappointing to find this out after coming so far. Even though I had experience working with Walmart as a customer and provided Gildan with this experience, this position was never filled but restructured to place the candidate in Arkansas in order to accommodate Walmart. I was very disappointed with how this was handled and was really looking forward to an opportunity to work with this company.

Interview Question – No difficult questions because I had everything that this position required but due to a VP who had his own agenda, this position was changed while candidates were in the process of going through to the next phase.   Answer Question

Inventory Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Gildan Activewear.

Interview Details The interview process at this company is very easy and straight forward. All the usual questions

Interview Question – No unexpected or difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Mount Pleasant, SC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Gildan Activewear in April 2013.

Interview Details Applied on Monster.com, got a phone call from the Manager for an interview, did an informal interview with hiring manager and co-worker. Very laid back interview and I felt very comfortable speaking with them. Typical interview questions, tell me about your last position, how do you handle pressure...etc

Interview Question – Are you familiar with AS400 systems?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I counteroffered the salary but they were unable to negotiate so I declined. I was insulted by the offer.

Senior Database Analyst Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Gildan Activewear in September 2009.

Interview Details many phases of meeting.
3 meetings + 1 outside the company (coffe meeting)

Negotiation Details – Excellent. I got what I expect.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Gildan Activewear? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gildan Activewear interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Gildan Activewear employees and interview candidates.