GlaxoSmithKline

Updated 2 Mar 2015
Updated 2 Mar 2015

3.1

Chemical Engineering Industrial Placement Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Applied for the position via the gsk site. The contacted me after about one month and I had to pass through a phone interview. After that they invited me to the assessment day. That day I had to give a presentation and attend a technical and a competency-based interview. A tour of the manufacturing site was also scheduled, led by other industrial placement students.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between risk and hazard?   View Answer
    • Tell me a time when you inspired a group of people or led a team to success   Answer Question
    • Tell me an area in which you have improved recently   Answer Question
    • What are the properties that you need to know to design a mixing vessel (fluid properties and mixing tank material properties)?   Answer Question
    • How would you improve a drying process?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2015.

Started late, no extra questions apart from the ones in a 'template'. A brief about next steps and their current process. Technical expertise questions. No question asked about work/life balance, although I need one.

IT Industrial Placement Year Interview

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Presentation on 'Your greatest achievement, that you are most passionate about'-roughly 15 minutes and then a set of competency questions. There were 3 people who interviewed me and the whole process lasted 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • Views on animal testing/ Best source of information you use   Answer Question

Graduate Chemical Engineer Interview

Application, online tests - verbal, numerical, diagrammatic, telephone interview, assessment center consisting of team exercises, role play, technical presentation and interview. The role play was a bit difficult because you will be given about 15 minutes to read and then you will act as a manager to one of the assessors. The technical presentation topic will be given one week prior to the day of assessment.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interview was a bit difficult because you will be asked practical questions on process dynamics and control, draw P & IDs and stuffs like that. There is no much preparation to make, you need to use your residual knowledge.   Answer Question

Procurement Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

I was interviewed 4 days after submitting my resume and had to wait due to some internal interviews taking place at the same time. I then received a confirmation of job offer after 3 days.

Interview Questions
    One interview only. Feedback from employer confirmed that my profile was apparently the best out of 3 other candidates in term of experience.

Position Interview

Applied through the university for the position online, attended a brief presentation also on the project. Had an interview at GSK, was given 4 days to prepare a presentation on the topic and had to resent before the interview. Panel of three people, quite abrupt and unfriendly but purposely done in this manner

Interview Questions

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in October 2014.

Online application form and verbal/numerical reasoning tests, online interview. This interview is done at home and is like Skype but with no real person on the other end. You are given questions to answer, a little time to prepare and then a couple of minutes to answer. I was asked 6 STAR-type questions and then 2 extra 2 minute time slots to add any further comments you may have.

Interview Questions
    • Things like 'Give an example of when you showed leadership in a team situation'   Answer Question

Junior IT Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

A presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managersA presentation in front of two line managers

N/A

IT Graduate Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

First online application with a few questions, nothing terrible. Then a video interview which is very awkward.

Then expect a long wait time till you receive an invite to an assessment centre. I didnt hear back for three months and know of people who didnt hear back for 5/6 months.

Assessment day was hard. Nice facilities however some of the GSK people were quite rude so made it hard to enjoy yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult in the interview   View Answer

IT Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentford, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentford, England

I applied online – interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in May 2014.

Interview process was well organised. There was a meal organised the day before the assessment centre for everyone to get to know each other. The next day all candidates were placed into a room, there were around 5-6 different tasks and some people would be removed from the room to do individual tasks and interviews. The group exercises were intertwines with the individual presentation in the sense that you presented to the group and then collectively you decided who's idea was the best.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you have collected your own data for use in a project.   Answer Question