GlaxoSmithKline

110 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Manager Planning and Analysis Interview

Brentford, England

I applied online - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2014.

Interview Details telephone interview (30 mins) followed by face to face interview with hiring manager and its line manager (Finance Director). focus on competencies and work related examples for different situations.
no feedback after the interview, even if it was one hour and a half long and they were impressed by my experience and my technical "textbook knowledge"
I requested a formal feedback and they told me that they are "are in the final stages of making a decision", no further details, but never heard of them back again

Interview Question – predictable questions, no formal introduction of the interviewers (they never presented themselves with their job names, I had to search them on Linked in to know who they were), the hiring manager was the one to coordinate the interviews (dates, time, location) - no HR involvement whatsoever in the recruitment process   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Worthing, South East England, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2014.

Interview Details I sent my CV to a recruitment agency to apply for the role. The following day I received a phone call to discuss my experiences, salary expectations and why I was looking for a move. A week later I received a phone call requesting a face to face interview. The interview was scheduled for the following week at a time convenient for me. The interview consisted of a competency based panel interview followed by a presentation and lasted ~1hour 30minutes. After which I had the floor to ask questions. I was informed that it would take ~2weeks to get feed back as they had just started the interview process and had a lot of candidates to interview. On the Monday of the start of the third week following the interview I received a phone call from the recruiter that GSK had made an offer for me, which after some questioning I was happy to accept. GSK had the best onboarding process I have encountered in my professional career. They have a dedicated onboarding profile which was clear, and easy to use.

Interview Question – As the interview was competency based, it was all about your dealings and experience with difficult people, decisions and how you go about influencing people. The most unexpected question was asking me what my current salary is, this was the first time I have had a hiring manager ask that during the interview. Their technical question was regarding how you would go about conducting an investigation, which I felt wasn't technical at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate my salary for the grade I was being interviewed for. I did not feel any requirement to negotiate as I felt the salary offered was very competitive. I would say if you are going to negotiate have a solid case on why you are worth more than they are offering and what skill you have that will benefit the business greatly.

2013 IT Industrial Placement Scheme Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in November 2012.

Interview Details Application for the placement scheme was through the online portal in which a number of questions have to be answered. These can be saved and an applicant come back to at a later date - allowing for the answers to be modified and improved. Successful applicants are then invited for a single interview which 2 current hiring managers and a current placement student. A range of situational questions are asked and the applicant is asked to present a pre-prepared presentation, often on a significant achievement. There are no technical questions - even for technical roles.

Interview Question – Why do you think IT plays such a big part for GlaxoSmithKline?   View Answer

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Supply Chain Manager
Brentford, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in May 2011.

Interview Details Competence based interviews

Interview Question – Can be prepared for using the published information (internet)   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Worthing, South East England, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in October 2013.

Interview Details Initially applied via an agency and was invited in for a face to face interview. Sat a basic maths and english test (Very basic - GCSE standard), before having a face to face interview with a panel of 3 people from different company sectors.

They mainly asked competency questions (What motivates you, why do you want this job) etc but then asked some routine technical questions for the role, nothing too detailed just to ensure you understood what it is you were doing.

Interview Question – Name something innovative you've done?   Answer Question

Industrial Placement Year Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details Online form and one interview

Interview Question – Mechanism of action of Fc receptors and common humanised antibodies on the market   View Answer

Future Leaders Program Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August 2013.

Interview Details Online form and cover letter.
Video interview- online interview, Strange process as questions flash up on screen and you are given 60seconds to prepare your answer and then you have 3 minutes to respond or you can use less time if you don't require it.

If successful, progression to assessment day.

Interview Question – Standard competency questions followed by a surprise question to catch you off guard (changes all the time).   View Answer

IT Industrial Placement Student Interview

Interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline

Interview Details Online Application and Interview (presentation and competency questions)

Interview Question – Had to prepare a presentation beforehand.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details Headhunter into interviewing process

Interview Question – Lots of possible technical questions that need to be brushed up and are unexpected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Unnegotiable, no relocation, salary on lower end of spectrum for seniority.

Purchasing Summer Placement Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2012.

Interview Details Initial online application, included several 250 word answers to questions about me, my skills and their relation to the healthcare industry. I was abroad at the time of the interview so it was conducted via Skype. It was good of them to accommodate this need. I was invited to an assessment day but I was unable to attend due to being abroad and that was the end of my application process.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions in the interview revolved around thinking about previous situations in which I thought I had been successful and I was asked to consider what I would have done differently to have been even more successful. For instance if I had been asked to think of an example where you led a team to complete a task, the follow up question would be what could you have done differently to complete the task more efficiently?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at GlaxoSmithKline

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GlaxoSmithKline interview questions and advice. All 110 interview reviews are posted anonymously by GlaxoSmithKline employees and interview candidates.