GlaxoSmithKline

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analytical Scientist Interview

Analytical Scientist
Stevenage, England

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2014.

Interview Details All organised well until arrival. At the gate in Stevenage the guards didnt want to let me in as they had no info about me or my arrival. Also they could not find the hiring managers details
I have not received any feedback after the interview, despite my request. It took 2 months to give me the final answer and not up to 2 weeks as promised at the interview. This made me feel disrespected.

Interview Question – HR manager has asked me: Do you own a house? Are you married? Do you have children and how many? etc. The was no reason for asking these questions. I felt disrespected when i heard them. My enthusiasm for GSK melted like snow is a sunny day. I didnt have anything to hide, but i felt undermined and devalued.   View Answer

Future Leaders Programmer In Science - Pharmacy Interview

Future Leaders Programmer In Science - Pharmacy
London, England

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in December 2013.

Interview Details For this selection process, I was asked 5 strength questions which are pretty straightforward (detailed below).
I was then selected to conduct an inductive reasoning test: a kind of logical test you can find many examples on the internet.
Unfortunately, I was not selected to the next stage after this test.

Interview Questions

• 1. At GSK we are committed to high quality customer and patient care and are focused on research and global health improvements. We want to understand why you are interested in working for GSK and what motivates you. We are also interested in what you are passionate about and what types of tasks you really enjoy doing or feel that you excel in.
    What interests you about GSK? Think about your key strengths (i.e. what are you really passionate about) and how will you utilise these strengths to be successful at GSK? (Maximum 300 words)
      Answer Question
  • 2. At GSK we are constantly striving to improve the way we work in order to drive better results. Our people embrace change, are motivated to constantly learn and develop and seek new opportunities.
    What interests you about this specific programme? Think about how will you utilise your strengths, skills and knowledge to deliver high quality results for your chosen programme? (Maximum 300 words)
      Answer Question
  • 3. It is important for the continued success of GSK that employees learn from experiences, understand their strengths and development areas, explore possibilities and new ideas.
    Please describe an experience from a previous role (paid or voluntary work) where you have learned an important lesson and applied this in a new context? (Maximum 300 words)
      Answer Question
  • 4. GSK drives its success by building strong, positive relationships with stakeholders and by taking time to understand customer and patient needs. It is essential that employees keep up to date with research and market trends in order to understand their potential strategic impact on health improvement, patient and customer needs.
    Please tell us about a current topic or challenge in the healthcare industry that is of interest to you and what strategic or long term impact you think this could have on GSK? (Maximum 300 words)
      Answer Question
  • 5. At GSK we are continuously striving to improve the way we work. In order to be successful in the long term, our employees need to demonstrate strong leadership and influencing skills as well as the ability to understand others. Thinking about the experience you have gained from your interests, hobbies or extra-curricular activities; please describe the following:
    Your biggest individual achievement including the position of responsibility held over the past 3-4 years. Think about the challenges you overcame and how you ensured a positive outcome. (Maximum 300 words)

IT Graduate Program Interview

IT Graduate Program

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details First online application with a few questions, nothing terrible. Then a video interview which is very awkward.

Then expect a long wait time till you receive an invite to an assessment centre. I didnt hear back for three months and know of people who didnt hear back for 5/6 months.

Assessment day was hard. Nice facilities however some of the GSK people were quite rude so made it hard to enjoy yourself.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult in the interview   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Worthing, South East England, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in February 2014.

Interview Details I sent my CV to a recruitment agency to apply for the role. The following day I received a phone call to discuss my experiences, salary expectations and why I was looking for a move. A week later I received a phone call requesting a face to face interview. The interview was scheduled for the following week at a time convenient for me. The interview consisted of a competency based panel interview followed by a presentation and lasted ~1hour 30minutes. After which I had the floor to ask questions. I was informed that it would take ~2weeks to get feed back as they had just started the interview process and had a lot of candidates to interview. On the Monday of the start of the third week following the interview I received a phone call from the recruiter that GSK had made an offer for me, which after some questioning I was happy to accept. GSK had the best onboarding process I have encountered in my professional career. They have a dedicated onboarding profile which was clear, and easy to use.

Interview Question – As the interview was competency based, it was all about your dealings and experience with difficult people, decisions and how you go about influencing people. The most unexpected question was asking me what my current salary is, this was the first time I have had a hiring manager ask that during the interview. Their technical question was regarding how you would go about conducting an investigation, which I felt wasn't technical at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate my salary for the grade I was being interviewed for. I did not feel any requirement to negotiate as I felt the salary offered was very competitive. I would say if you are going to negotiate have a solid case on why you are worth more than they are offering and what skill you have that will benefit the business greatly.

Finance Manager Planning and Analysis Interview

Finance Manager Planning and Analysis
Brentford, England

I applied online - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in March 2014.

Interview Details telephone interview (30 mins) followed by face to face interview with hiring manager and its line manager (Finance Director). focus on competencies and work related examples for different situations.
no feedback after the interview, even if it was one hour and a half long and they were impressed by my experience and my technical "textbook knowledge"
I requested a formal feedback and they told me that they are "are in the final stages of making a decision", no further details, but never heard of them back again

Interview Question – predictable questions, no formal introduction of the interviewers (they never presented themselves with their job names, I had to search them on Linked in to know who they were), the hiring manager was the one to coordinate the interviews (dates, time, location) - no HR involvement whatsoever in the recruitment process   Answer Question

2013 IT Industrial Placement Scheme Interview

2013 IT Industrial Placement Scheme
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in November 2012.

Interview Details Application for the placement scheme was through the online portal in which a number of questions have to be answered. These can be saved and an applicant come back to at a later date - allowing for the answers to be modified and improved. Successful applicants are then invited for a single interview which 2 current hiring managers and a current placement student. A range of situational questions are asked and the applicant is asked to present a pre-prepared presentation, often on a significant achievement. There are no technical questions - even for technical roles.

Interview Question – Why do you think IT plays such a big part for GlaxoSmithKline?   View Answer

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Supply Chain Manager
Brentford, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in May 2011.

Interview Details Competence based interviews

Interview Question – Can be prepared for using the published information (internet)   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst
Worthing, South East England, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in October 2013.

Interview Details Initially applied via an agency and was invited in for a face to face interview. Sat a basic maths and english test (Very basic - GCSE standard), before having a face to face interview with a panel of 3 people from different company sectors.

They mainly asked competency questions (What motivates you, why do you want this job) etc but then asked some routine technical questions for the role, nothing too detailed just to ensure you understood what it is you were doing.

Interview Question – Name something innovative you've done?   Answer Question

Industrial Placement Year Interview

Industrial Placement Year

I applied through college or university and interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline.

Interview Details Online form and one interview

Interview Question – Mechanism of action of Fc receptors and common humanised antibodies on the market   View Answer

Future Leaders Program Interview

Future Leaders Program
London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at GlaxoSmithKline in August 2013.

Interview Details Online form and cover letter.
Video interview- online interview, Strange process as questions flash up on screen and you are given 60seconds to prepare your answer and then you have 3 minutes to respond or you can use less time if you don't require it.

If successful, progression to assessment day.

Interview Question – Standard competency questions followed by a surprise question to catch you off guard (changes all the time).   View Answer

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!