Goldman Sachs

Updated 30 Jan 2015
1,930 Interview Reviews

3.3

Operations/Full Time Analyst Interview

first round interview with associates (simple general questions like why gs, why ops )

second round interview consisted of 3 rounds of interviews with 2 interviewers each ( almost the same)

Global Investment Research Work Placement 12 Months Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The whole process took only two weeks and was very efficient. I was asked in for a first round interview, which went well, and was then contacted the following day asking me to return the following week for the final round. The first round was a one on one interview, and the final round consisted of a group discussion with juniors analysts and the other candidates, followed by three separate one on one interviews with senior members within the division.

Interview Questions
    • Pitch me a company... Now pitch me another. Also watch out for technical questions regarding equity valuation.   Answer Question

Ibd Spring Week Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

applied online with 300 word cover letter type motivational paragraph.
    a few weeks later received a telephone interview
    was done with a MD, mostly competency and motivational
    questions included: why goldman sachs
    why investment banking division
    some questions on my understanding of the structure of the investment banking division at goldman sachs
    quite conversational, felt friendly

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Standard online application. Submit CV and cover letter online. Invited for face to face interview about 2 weeks later. Interview was with two vice presidents (they had both been with the firm for about 8 years each). Pretty standard questions about CV, a lot of competency questions. A good talking point is the firm's culture and their 14 business principles. I would recommend mentioning some of those that stand out for you.

Graduate Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Application form followed by 2 face to face interviews. Application form required brief cover letter and motivation for applying. First interview 30 minutes on competency. Second interview, more detailed competency with some technical. Asked about what I thought Operations involved and what did I know of Operational Risk.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you applying to the finance industry since you are coming from a different background (engineering in my case)   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

Applied online, Was invited to interview at London office within two weeks. The interview consisted of three sections:

Was given a problem sheet about placing containers on to a web page for different screen sizes, questions did not require any programming experience but just required a logical approach.

After 30 minutes we then had to individually talk to software engineers for 15 mins about our solution and was constantly having to adjust the solution for new circumstances proposed by the engineers. Remain confident!

was then interviews by two other engineers which i just had to talk about my CV and technical problems with some competency questions very straightforward.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Online application with CV and cover letter, no online testing. After more than a month I received an invitation for a Telephone interview, which was followed by several final round interviews. The questions were not too extraordinary although quite technical, most of the interviews consisted of 1 fit question (usually about team work) and other questions were technical/commercial awareness.

Interview Questions
    • Tell a recent development that you've followed, Explain derivatives, What are the main risks related to market at the moment.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

I applied online after attending a divisional event. Got an email invitation to a first round interview the next morning. One 30 minute interview with a senior securities representative. CV, competency based with some brainteasers and technical questions. A knowledge of everything on your CV is essential. Expect the unexpected.

FX Trading Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Two interviews with senior traders. Nice offices on the Strand. Few technical questions (aside from maths question), mostly asking about work experience so far and them attempting to deduce how good a fit the candidate is for the role.

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Online application, then an invitation to the first stage interview. First a theoretical test followed by a 30 min interview about it and then a competency based interview 30 min as well. Then an invitation to the final round.