Goldman Sachs

1,810 Interview Reviews

3.3

Technology Analyst Interview

2 interview, waiting for phone interview
    Been back for 2 interview days, the first with a case study, the second were 3 behavioural interviews each lasting about 30 minutes with some technical questions as well

IBD Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Offered first round interview after the screening process in the London Office.
    Was asked basic competencies - Why banking, Goldman etc.
    Then was asked questions on market conditions, asked for a stock pitch, etc some technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you could work for Goldman Sachs or take a million pounds, which would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2014.

2 interviews: 1 analytical based about the web design and during the 2-1interview, the interviewer keep changing the condition and the requirements for the question, and ask me to write the code.

2.competency base based on CV and previous experience, teamwork.

Still waiting for response

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2014.

2 rounds of interviews, the first round was a 2:1 panel and consisted of mainly behavioral, although try not to give the typical answers for Why GS and Why Ops. They hear these answers from 100s of others so try stand out when answering these.

2 days later I was invited to the Final round which consisted of 3 back to back interviews, all behavioral however when I myself mentioned something technical that I had read in the news they did ask follow up questions so make sure you understand anything that you talk about. All in all very friendly and well organised.

I received my offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    • If you were taking 100 people from A to B, how would you go about doing it   Answer Question
    No negotiation, it is a graduate contract

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Online application after meeting them at a job fair. After 3 weeks invitation to first interview in their office (30min), afterwards final round of interviews (3x30min). Did not have final round yet.
    First round was purely behavioural based but nothing out of the ordinary. Show confidence and have a good story or to possibly a laugh. They want to know if it would be pleasant to work with you.

Operations Analyst Interview

After sending your cv and cover letter in the online application process, you would then be invited to a first round interview. The interview lasts for 30mins and it was with 2 Senior Operations members which asked mainly competency based questions and question to do with your cv. The second round interview is basically the first round interview but with 3 lots of 30mins interviews with different people.

Interview Questions
    • What role do you see yourself doing in the next 10 years?   Answer Question

Analyst/Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First on-site interviews, 2 round, one presentation and one competency. The presentation is like respective web design while the competency is just competency. Nothing unexpected and nothing worth saying more.

Operations Analyst Interview

2 interviews. First interview lasts 30 minutes and is all about competency based questions and discuss your interest in their company. Nothing tricky.Second interview consists of 3 half an hour interview with different representatives.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you make decisions without any data.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The process was pretty standard. The interview was a mix of technical and motivational questions as well commercial awareness . The interview was a friendly process. None of the questions was difficult or unexpected. Technical questions were about how you would project company's FCF and how the company can boost its free cash flow. I was also asked some industry specific questions.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

I have applied online to the position of a New Analyst in Technology department, 3 days later a recruiter called me on Friday and asked to come to the interview on next Monday in the morning.
    At the interview, there were 6 applicants in total, we were given an analytical task for 30 minutes based on responsive design and allocation of boxes into the screen (be sure to know well-known display sizes, resolution). The task wasn't hard, but additional questions from the interviewer were. The man was not friendly at all and I had an impression that I have irritated him from the beginning. I didn't feel that i answered his questions, because he suggested me unexpected ways to do it: to solve the problem from the java perspective, while i prepared to do it from html5/css perspective. He did not listen to me properly and always interrupted everything i tried to say.
    The second interviewer was much better and polite, and I have gained a good impression in the end. he was friendly and smiled a lot, but he asked some questions of Goldman Sachs, which i wasn't prepared to answer. My fault. We also talked through teamwork and leadership examples, there were no unexpected questions in this area.

Interview Questions
    • What should be as an input to the java method?
      What GS do in sales & trading?

Answer Question