Goldman Sachs Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
1,592 interviews

3.3

Wealth Management Professional Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First interview was conducted over the phone. Fairly standard questions: Tell me about yourself, Why should we hire you etc.
    Then I had 3 interviews 30 mins each in one day. Was questioned about various job/experience. They asked me to describe the role of a WMP.

The staff were very friendly and made me feel at ease.

Analyst/Developer Interview

Interviewed on Java but work was entirely in Slang. Interview included puzzles, pair programming, algorithms rounds and a telephonic round. Interview exp was good. you get a good feel about the company but the work hardly involves any challenges at work. You main challenge is people and dealing with people politics.

HCM Summer(Teach First) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  City of London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2014.

Application form was a simple 300 word covering letter + work experience history.

3 weeks later I was invited to first round interview. Typical 45 minute HR interview with a mixture of competency and knowledge type questions.

A week later I was invited to final interviews. 2 half-hour interviews with senior staff in HCM. First interview was more of a conversation with only one 'interview' style question and the rest was questions to the senior member and discussion of answers. Second interview was more technical regarding functions of HCM and ideas about issues in HCM.

A few days later I was informed of the offer and an opportunity for a full time offer if the internship goes well.

Interview Questions
    • Can you outline a particular issue facing HCM with regards to recruitment and your thoughts about how you might overcome this.   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible but very fair wage.

Compliance Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2014.

An interviewer came to my university. I initially interviewed with him and 2 months later I got an e-mail saying that they were interested in a second round of interviews. They were 4 interviews of half an hour each over the phone. All the questions were fit and behavioral. A lot of them came based on my CV. They asked me if I had questions. I haven't heard back from them since the last round of interviews for more than a month, so I'm guessing I didn't make it.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2010.

the interview process is very intensive but good opportunity to meet people you are to work with. It also covers all aspects from different persons, e.g. why you like to join Goldman, technical skills, financial knowledge, competence question and IQ questions ...

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2010.

Interview process was a combination of fit an technical questions, to understand my motivations and assess my numerate/financial skills. Interview was over 4 rounds with people of varying levels of seniority. Overall a well structured interview process

Interview Questions
    • Name a company listed on a specific frontier market that i would like to invest in   Answer Question

Spring Week Intern - Global Investment Research Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First Step: Online Application with GPA, CV and Motivational Statement. Frist selection after that.
    Second Step: Telephone interview with a member of the division for about 30 minutes. First task to give a quick brief about my CV then on why I applied for Goldman, next step was to analyse a fictional company, then own questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you determine next years revenue of a german lock-company?   Answer Question

Analyst/Developer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

phone interview or a first interview with manager. then 2 whole days of back to back meetings with people of different areas. Long winded process. Be prepared to meet 12+ interviewers in a span of 2 days and in a short span of time. some questions are repeat as well. The company likes to think they are smart and they try to appear that way during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • questions are not unexpected the interviewer organization is unexpected   Answer Question
    detailed spreadsheet on expectations

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Applied online in early December, got an email 3 weeks later saying 1st round interviews will be scheduled. Heard back only in late January (so don't panic if it takes ages for them to get back to you...). 1st round interviews included 2 half hour sessions with two interviewers at a time, asking mostly behavioural questions and about past experience, skills, etc. A lot of 'tell me about an experience where you've had to show leadership/creativity' etc. Heard back after a long while, 3 weeks maybe. 2nd round interviews included 2 one-on-one sessions, same sort of interview, only this time I was also asked about specific roles/divisions I'd be interested in. Final interview was a more informal group meeting with a VP and another interviewee, asking what we look forward to, what we fear the most, what role we'd be most interested in. Only heard back after emailing a follow up email, 5 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one of your hobbies as if you are talking to a person who has never heard of it before.   Answer Question

Work Placement - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2012.

Online application
    Interview day with a case study and a couple of interviews
    Final round interview
    All travel costs are reimbursed

Interview Questions
    • Questions about the finance industry when applying for a technology role were challenging so study up on finance and make sure you have some opinions on recent news topics   Answer Question

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!