Goldman Sachs

1,766 Interview Reviews

3.3

Technology Analyst Interview

2 interview, waiting for phone interview
    Been back for 2 interview days, the first with a case study, the second were 3 behavioural interviews each lasting about 30 minutes with some technical questions as well

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Online application after meeting them at a job fair. After 3 weeks invitation to first interview in their office (30min), afterwards final round of interviews (3x30min). Did not have final round yet.
    First round was purely behavioural based but nothing out of the ordinary. Show confidence and have a good story or to possibly a laugh. They want to know if it would be pleasant to work with you.

Analyst/Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First on-site interviews, 2 round, one presentation and one competency. The presentation is like respective web design while the competency is just competency. Nothing unexpected and nothing worth saying more.

Operations Analyst Interview

2 interviews. First interview lasts 30 minutes and is all about competency based questions and discuss your interest in their company. Nothing tricky.Second interview consists of 3 half an hour interview with different representatives.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you make decisions without any data.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

After sending your cv and cover letter in the online application process, you would then be invited to a first round interview. The interview lasts for 30mins and it was with 2 Senior Operations members which asked mainly competency based questions and question to do with your cv. The second round interview is basically the first round interview but with 3 lots of 30mins interviews with different people.

Interview Questions
    • What role do you see yourself doing in the next 10 years?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

I have applied online to the position of a New Analyst in Technology department, 3 days later a recruiter called me on Friday and asked to come to the interview on next Monday in the morning.
    At the interview, there were 6 applicants in total, we were given an analytical task for 30 minutes based on responsive design and allocation of boxes into the screen (be sure to know well-known display sizes, resolution). The task wasn't hard, but additional questions from the interviewer were. The man was not friendly at all and I had an impression that I have irritated him from the beginning. I didn't feel that i answered his questions, because he suggested me unexpected ways to do it: to solve the problem from the java perspective, while i prepared to do it from html5/css perspective. He did not listen to me properly and always interrupted everything i tried to say.
    The second interviewer was much better and polite, and I have gained a good impression in the end. he was friendly and smiled a lot, but he asked some questions of Goldman Sachs, which i wasn't prepared to answer. My fault. We also talked through teamwork and leadership examples, there were no unexpected questions in this area.

Interview Questions
    • What should be as an input to the java method?
      What GS do in sales & trading?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

The process was pretty standard. The interview was a mix of technical and motivational questions as well commercial awareness . The interview was a friendly process. None of the questions was difficult or unexpected. Technical questions were about how you would project company's FCF and how the company can boost its free cash flow. I was also asked some industry specific questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First round: 2 interviews at satellite office. Second round: 3 interviews at London office. First two interviews were to determine motivation and general knowledge of finance. Second round of interviews consisted of a mix of competency and technical questions. In general questions were quite broad, ie.: what do you think of the business model of Facebook? Do you think the FED will raise the interest rates in the coming years?

Technology Analyst Interview

Submit App in one day and got email two weeks after. First round contained a task analysis and competency interview. For task interview, they started with questions listed and then changed requirements. They were more interested in how you explain your solution than you solution itself. Competency interview was based on CV.
    Second round was three separate interviews with more technological questions, but not tough at all. Some interviewers were very nice and relax, those interviews became a chat. However, my last interview was with two impatient and tired people. When talking about my technical strength and interest, they even scorned it. Besides these two, all stuffs were very nice people. Still waiting for response.

Summer Analyst Interview

After application, phone call interview of approx. 30 mins, commercial awareness, work morale, why GS, why asset management, etc.

Second round interview in London, 3x 30 mins
    1st: two associates in office: same interview as on the phone, some questions related to material from my degree (economics)
    2nd: in-office webcam interview with Frankfurt associates: competency based, why GS, why asset management, some questions related to material from my degree
    3rd: in-office webcam interview with Frankfurt VP: competency based (strengths and weaknesses), educational background, hobbies, more relaxed than all of the previous ones.