Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015
2,082 Interview Reviews

3.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied through the online system, which requires basic information as well as CV and cover letter. A few weeks later I heard that I would have a phone interview. The interviewer was friendly and asked about my background, interest in finance, programming experience and then a longer technical question about expectation values. The question was tough and I didn't answer it very well so wasn't surprised when they didn't take my application further.

Technology Analyst () Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied with Cover Letter, and CV, got called to first interview a few weeks after (first session had 1 interview involved solving a logic/maths question, then talking about that question with an interviewer)

Called to final round interview, 3x competency based interviews, although became quite technical due to points I had on my CV. (If you mention technical details on your CV prepare to talk about it)

Interview Questions

• You are working in a team, and one particular member is not pulling his weight, what do you do?   1 Answer

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England).

Interview

The interview process for my division was rather long. One route was to go through the internship program where you spent 10 weeks on the trading floor meeting people and being quizzed. Another method was to interview and this was not particularly easy and also consisted of 10+ interviews in most instances.

Interview Questions

• Questions around markets both equities and fixed income.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Sent off a cover letter and CV and was invited for an interview a month later. Standard competency based questions however I got asked about the logistical aspects of McDonald's and threats that the Post Office industry currently faces due to having worked part-time in both places. These questions were a little more difficult as I was not expecting them, however apart from these two it was fine. So far it's been 1 working day since the interview and I'm still waiting on a reply.

Interview Questions

• What issues does the Post Office industry currently face?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The interview was 30 mins long over the phone with a VP. It was a first round interview. Very warm interviewer. On top of asking about my cv and work background, he asked about my interests as well. The interview became more friendly as time passed but I had the feeling the first 5 mins of the interview are crucial, along the lines of walk me through your CV and the questions that follow depend on how well you present yourself and speak about experiences - I wasn't very well rehearsed so didn't ace this bit. As no technical questions were asked, I presumed that they make up their mind quite early in the interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

Went to an interview, did a test and got interviewed on it. Then I had one technical interview and another competency based interview. I then got invited to another interview and it was a round of 3 interviews. I never got an offer.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

As the standard here for London office, the first step is a telephone interview since i was in London. Two days later, I had the final interview. After two week, I am still waiting for the response. I called them up asking why they didn't post the result yet. They told me to wait for another several weeks. They didn't say that they put me on hold. I'd love to know actually do anyone here receives the response already? The final interview is on March 27th Friday.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England).

Interview

the interview consisted of 3 parts: scheduler assignment, java and sql questions, interview with a vp to check my motivation and why I want to work in Goldman Sachs. I had to go to their office and have the interview.

Interview Questions

• what java patterns you know? Explain the decorator and factory design patterns.   Answer Question

Spring Week Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England).

Interview

I filled an online application - inputting previous work experience, submitting a cover letter, cv and current grades and i got invited through for interview. I was asked to arrive for the interview at the London office. They asked general competency and topical questions on the current state of the economy and banking industry.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Brief talk with HR about what im currently doing and why im looking for another role. This was followed by Telephone screening with two people a week later as per my schedule.

Interview Questions

• General questions about supporting applications followed by general questions about the business.   Answer Question