Goldman Sachs Interview Questions

1,653 Interview Reviews

3.3

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First round: 2 interviews at satellite office. Second round: 3 interviews at London office. First two interviews were to determine motivation and general knowledge of finance. Second round of interviews consisted of a mix of competency and technical questions. In general questions were quite broad, ie.: what do you think of the business model of Facebook? Do you think the FED will raise the interest rates in the coming years?

Performance Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First it comes a telephone interview which includes very typical questions like why would you apply for Goldman, who you are and what do you expect from working at here, etc...
    After a couple of weeks, I got the face to face interview opportunity.
    The technical questions are about finance,numbers, Excel and VBA. I had a couple tough ones but managed to solve some. Do prepare for the work experience listed in your CV.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Very easy, the candidates are assessed through 4 interviews with senior bank employees. I mentioned operations sub divisions I am interested in, on the second round I was interviewed by the people from the teams I have expressed my interest in.

New Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Online application form -> Online assessments (numerical, logical) -> 1st round interview (30 minutes technical case study, 30 minutes competency) -> 2nd round interview (30 minutes x 3 competency)

The online application form was nothing unusual, same goes for the assessments. The technical case study is where it gets a bit weird. Basically, they would send you an email about the interview and how to prepare, which is by reading business-related news. I did this, ransacked whatever business-technology news sources I could find until the day of the interview.

The case study I had had no relation to business. Just web layouts and asks you to explain how you are going to display each item on the page depending on screen sizes. Tried to explain but the interviewer wanted a detailed answer, with conditions to set etc. Did not do well for this part but was okay in the competency part. The only thing was the interviewer spoke really fast and his voice went on decrescendo at times, so had a bit of trouble hearing what he said.

Other than that, they were generally friendly and nice.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2014.

Was contacted by HR (they had my details on file) and asked if I'd like to interview for an Analyst position.I believe this was part of their off-cycle intake.
    Interviews were 1:1, and back-to-back. No "surprise" or "trick" questions. Common sense dictates: know your stuff, inside out. Questions were slightly 'behavioural' in nature. All of my interviewers were very pleasant.

Wealth Management Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First interview was conducted over the phone. Fairly standard questions: Tell me about yourself, Why should we hire you etc.
    Then I had 3 interviews 30 mins each in one day. Was questioned about various job/experience. They asked me to describe the role of a WMP.

The staff were very friendly and made me feel at ease.

Analyst/Developer Interview

Interviewed on Java but work was entirely in Slang. Interview included puzzles, pair programming, algorithms rounds and a telephonic round. Interview exp was good. you get a good feel about the company but the work hardly involves any challenges at work. You main challenge is people and dealing with people politics.

HCM Summer(Teach First) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2014.

Application form was a simple 300 word covering letter + work experience history.

3 weeks later I was invited to first round interview. Typical 45 minute HR interview with a mixture of competency and knowledge type questions.

A week later I was invited to final interviews. 2 half-hour interviews with senior staff in HCM. First interview was more of a conversation with only one 'interview' style question and the rest was questions to the senior member and discussion of answers. Second interview was more technical regarding functions of HCM and ideas about issues in HCM.

A few days later I was informed of the offer and an opportunity for a full time offer if the internship goes well.

Interview Questions
    • Can you outline a particular issue facing HCM with regards to recruitment and your thoughts about how you might overcome this.   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible but very fair wage.

Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2014.

An interviewer came to my university. I initially interviewed with him and 2 months later I got an e-mail saying that they were interested in a second round of interviews. They were 4 interviews of half an hour each over the phone. All the questions were fit and behavioral. A lot of them came based on my CV. They asked me if I had questions. I haven't heard back from them since the last round of interviews for more than a month, so I'm guessing I didn't make it.

Spring Week Intern - Global Investment Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

First Step: Online Application with GPA, CV and Motivational Statement. Frist selection after that.
    Second Step: Telephone interview with a member of the division for about 30 minutes. First task to give a quick brief about my CV then on why I applied for Goldman, next step was to analyse a fictional company, then own questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you determine next years revenue of a german lock-company?   Answer Question