Goodyear

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Akron, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in July 2014.

Interview Details Recruiter contacted me early in the year and asked me to apply online. Did so and received a rejection email a week later.

Recruiter contacted me again a month ago, asked me to apply online, again, for the same position. Did so and was called for a phone interview. Apparently did well enough on the phone interview to warrant an in-person interview. Interviewed with 4 different people, one from HR, three from the department. Received rejection email on the Saturday after the interview (work-life balance, anyone?).

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or technical. All "tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Development Engineer Interview

Development Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview Details Interview was 45 minutes long. Basic Behavioral Questions. Had an online webcam interview with 3 people. The interview was very mundane, nothing too exciting. I wish they didn't have a webcam interview as it is very awkward and uncomfortable, especially since you can always see yourself during the interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Legal Secretary
Akron, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Goodyear in June 2013.

Interview Details The interview process is a very extensive one, as one would expect from a company as large as Goodyear. I had four rather extensive interviews with both attorneys for whom the job was assigned. Two interviews were conducted by both attorneys at the same time and each attorney interviewed me again separately. Once those were completed, I then interviewed with the head of the department. It is a very thorough and professional interviewing process.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was how my former employer would describe my best trait and my worst. Its tough to answer without sounding either overly confident or not worthy of the job.   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Training Manager
Danville, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview Details The hiring and interview process and scheduling seemed to be very organized for the number of people involved. I interviewed with 6 employees in professional/management roles. The schedule of the interview was presented clearly and we remained on task for the most part. Communications prior to and post interview were also well organized.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions. All interviewers used the templated interview question format of describe a work situation when/where….x happened and tell us what happened, how you addressed/handled and the outcome.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

General Service Technician Interview

General Service Technician
Tampa, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Goodyear.

Interview Details Contacted via email from Monster.com, in person interview. Trained for one week to learn their computer systems. Worked in several stores both and a manager and service manager. Without knowing their entire system, it was a difficult learning experience.

Interview Question – Asked if I had a license.   View Answer

Customer Advisor Interview

Customer Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in December 2010.

Interview Details An online screening is done by RTI, after they screen your background the applicants are sent to various locations for the store manager to review. If the store manger believe that you will be a good fit for the company a phone interview will follow. Basic phone interview-not hard. Next a formal interview at the store. Then if all goes well, the district manager will interview you. Some sales skills are needed but not required.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join the Goodyear Organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Normally they start CA @ $12-14. In my case I received $15 for prior sales experience.

Forklift Truck Driver Interview

Forklift Truck Driver
Lawton, OK (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in July 2013.

Interview Details I applied for a production position over the internet. After a couple of weeks I was contacted by the HR department to inform me about their interest and to make an appointment for an interview. During the interview there were 3 panelists who asked questions and the most important thing to them and the senior mgmt is safety. They asked typical interview questions and my experience working with machinery. After the interview was over they called back in less than 24 hours with an offer.

Interview Question – Describe a time at previous job when you had to put safety before productivity.   Answer Question

Tire Engineering Interview

Tire Engineering

Interviewed at Goodyear

Interview Details online test, telephone interview, onsite with three individual interviews and one group exercise. few questions about technical problem just global view of tire design. Talked about future design of tire.

Interview Question – how can you be a successful manager   Answer Question

Technology Engineer Interview

Technology Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Goodyear in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied online and a phone interview was scheduled with technical HR manager. Most of the questions were standard HR questions and few were about my previous experience. The interviewer was patient and friendly. Not a tough nut to crack if you do your groundwork beforehand.

Interview Question – Explain a difficult situation in your career and how did you overcome it.
Difficult decision you made so far.
Experience as a team player.
Few technical questions.
  Answer Question

North America Marketing Interview

North America Marketing
Akron, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Goodyear in January 2014.

Interview Details Very thorough interview process -- three rounds with internal recruiter, HR and management team. Everyone seemed friendly.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard and related to my specific background/capabilities. No oddball questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Goodyear? Contribute to the Community!