Google

Updated 8 Jan 2015

3.7

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in November 2014.

Employee referral then got phone call interview with an APM.

First disappointment, my interviewer was 15 minutes late. I thought that the interview duration will be extended to catch up the 15 minutes, but It wasn't unfortunately. So at the end, I had no more than 5 question in total, without really a relationship or a backbone behind. We start from A, jump to L, go back to B and finish with Z. When interviewing, I usually have the feeling that I'm building something to showcase my knowledge, not just jumping from unrelated question to another.

I also felt that my interviewer was running the interview in a "machinal" or "robotic" way. I felt that he wasn't really caring that much about what I had to say and I felt the conversation always one sided.

Last, I found the question completely irrelevant. I had one real question about PMs, which I thought will be the main topic of our call!

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Associate Product Manager Interview

The scheduling of the interview went quite smoothly, and the coordinators had prompt replies. However, during the phone interview the phone connection was so bad that I could barely hear what the interviewer was saying and I could hear my echo clearly with a 2 second delay. That really distracted me from performing my best, however, after emailing them, they said they wouldn't do another interview but would take that into account while evaluating me.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a very hypothetical question that required a wide range of knowledge and estimations.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google in November 2014.

Contacted by recruiter via email to set up phone interview. Phone interview:
    1) Tell me about Google a product you like and why. What would you change about it?
    2) How do you monetize Google Chromecast?

Interview Questions
    • In person interview: You write a string of characters in Google Search. How do the results to populate? Walk me through where all of this information is coming from.

You have a colony on Mars that you want to communicate with. How do you build a system to communicate with them?

View Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Google.

Standard 30min through on campus. First is a couple of behavior questions. Ask about what you have done on your resume. And then a couple of brain teaser. Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and interview process.

Associate Product Manager Interview

interviewed at Google in October 2014.

Applied online and had an initial phone screening, then an onsite second round with 3 more interviews. All the interviews were similar except for one technical interview. The rest were all design questions and estimation questions.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers give very little feedback. Expect estimation questions.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Overall, I thought that the HR department at Google was very helpful and easy to work with. However, it seems that for APM they are still using Fermi Questions. Overall, I was not happy with my performance on the interview, but much of that has to do with not knowing what to prepare in the first place. It didn't seem like going over technical skills helped at all. The first round was a Fermi Question (below) and other questions like

Interview Questions
    • If scientists said that phone batteries could not get any better. What would you do to make a better phone experience?   View Answers (4)

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

Submit the application then got a phone call for setup an interview

Interview Questions
    • If google is trying to build a TV service like comcast, what would you do?   View Answers (2)

Associate Product Manager Interview

First round is a phone screen. Second round is on-site with three interviewers. There are two or three more rounds to an offer. There's also an essay involved for the final round.

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

Lots of questions about your opinion on Google products and of hypothetical new products. They will ask you your favorite new product and how you could market it further, increase its profits, etc.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Google in August 2013.

Initial communication was simple and seamless. I had 5 interviews - 1 phone screen and 4 on-site interviews. The interviews tested me on a wide range of skills, from product design to analytical. I thought everyone was really smart, friendly, and passionate about their work and Google. I thought the culture seemed very open; all of my interviewers told me detailed descriptions about what they were working on when I asked and people in the hallways were willing to stop and point me in the right direction when I got lost.