Google

Updated 15 Dec 2014

3.3

103 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in January 2014.

Two phone interviews, first was fine. However the second interviewer was very rude didn't take time to introduce themselves to me. Rushed into the coding problem and wasn't not interested in conducting the interview what so ever.

Interview Questions
  • Make sure you look over the links that the recruiter sends you in detail.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Google.

I applied via their website and sent them a copy of my CV. I was contacted by a recruiter about 1 week later who then arranged for two phone interviews. After the two phone interviews, I was contacted by my recruiter about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • My first interview was a straight forward coding question requiring me to code an algorithm on Google docs. My second interview was more in-depth and asked me several questions, starting with data questions and then moving on to algorithms questions. I panicked and blanked out during the second, more difficult question.   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google in December 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter 2 months ago. Then there was an initial phone-screen with HR. After that I was asked to fill a questionnaire about my background and preferences. Technical interviews were held at Google Hangouts - 2 interviews one by one. Interviewers were very friendly and ready to help. I don't know yet if I passed them or not.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about binary trees, bit representation, probability theory.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I Apply in school career fair. After few days, I get e-mail for arranging interviews. First I need to fill out some forms and send out possible interview times. Two 45 minutes back to back interviews was arranged, one focus on technical skills another focus on research. After two days, received e-mail for arranging another technical interview. Two weeks after second interview, received rejection e-mail.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Got referred. Phone interview came after a few weeks, got back quickly. Questions in a mix of Python and C, mostly basic algorithms but also some systems questions that I got, but wasn't really expecting to hear. Overall not bad. Preparation definitely helps for the algorithms questions though.

Intern Interview

Applied online by submitting resume. Straightforward process involving two phone screens. Afterwards there was an intern-host matching process. Overall the process took about three months including the host matching process.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google in November 2014.

I participated an event at university and got an email to apply on-line. After a month, contacted by a recruiter and scheduled phone interviews. Two interviews on the same day.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google in November 2014.

I had three phone interviews back to back. The interviewers seemed very friendly. Each interview was technical. The coding questions asked were straight forward. I would say out of the three on of the questions really stumped me. However, the interviewer was very helpful in trying to help me understand the question and produce an answer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google in November 2014.

Applied though a refferal. Recruiter mailed me and said that there would be 3 interviews (which now suprises me because most of guys here say that thay had only 2 interviews) and she also specified a number of dates and asked to choose one day where It was suitable for me to have the interviews. And she also said that I could have interviews via Hangouts. Then all three interviews were scheduled. I had three interviews in a row with small pauses in 15 minutes between them. And they were at night because my local time differs from a local time in California. Be ready that having interview via Hangouts in some cases may be not very good idea. It seems like Google employees don't have headsets and instead of this they use embedded webcam microphones. My third interviewer put webcam quite far and because of that I could hardly hear them and had to ask to repeat what he said few times during the interview. First interview was quite good, I coded the task and after that interviewer asked to propose a solution for the case when we can use multiple computers, I resolved it. Second interview was quite good as well, Interviewer asked to code a function that he specified. The third interview, as I said before, wasn't so good - I solved just a half of the problem and probably would have solved the other part if interviewer had better microphone because he tried to give some hints but I just didn't understand what he said. For now I'm waiting for some response but because of the last interview I think that I'm not going to have an offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Google.

Contacted them trough a hiring event in my university. There was a dinner in a hotel where all the candidates got to know more about the company. It was basically to make us want to work there even more.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about an optimized way to find something on a map. I can recollet the details, but I was pretty much stumped on this one   Answer Question