Google

Updated 24 Feb 2015
Updated 24 Feb 2015

3.3

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

After applying through the Google Jobs website, I was reached out to by a member of their People Operations team. I had a short telephone interview with one of the recruiters, then 2 telephone interviews with members of the team I would be joining, and then an offer. The whole process was very well organised and swift.

Interview Questions
  • Questions regarding how you advise partners to use the Google products my team worked with.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Google.

The process was pretty standard - 2 technical phone interviews. I waited 2 weeks for a reply. I am disappointed not because I was not made an offer but because of their attitude - I received an e-mail saying that I was going to be interviewed and 2 days later I received another saying that I was not going to be interviewed. When I asked for an explanation, they said it was because I was graduating the same year, which was clearly not the case as I indicated I was pursuing a Master's degree and I was only going to be available during the summer. I demanded to be redirected to someone in order to complain about this and they resumed my interview process. After each interview I was not given the opportunity to ask any questions, although the engineers were nice.

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked technical questions associated with algorithms and complexity.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in January 2014.

Two phone interviews, first was fine. However the second interviewer was very rude didn't take time to introduce themselves to me. Rushed into the coding problem and wasn't not interested in conducting the interview what so ever.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you look over the links that the recruiter sends you in detail.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Google.

I applied via their website and sent them a copy of my CV. I was contacted by a recruiter about 1 week later who then arranged for two phone interviews. After the two phone interviews, I was contacted by my recruiter about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • My first interview was a straight forward coding question requiring me to code an algorithm on Google docs. My second interview was more in-depth and asked me several questions, starting with data questions and then moving on to algorithms questions. I panicked and blanked out during the second, more difficult question.   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Google.

I studied for a month. I am only a sophomore: the questions I was asked were hard for my level of coding. It was quite disappointing. I had a phone interview with two google employees. The first phone call was nice but I was not able to finish coding. The second call was horrendous. As we were sharing the google doc, I saw roughly 10-15 people go on to look at what I was working on. In addition to that, the interviewer had me on speaker. The speaker sucked and I kept hearing my own voice echo back at me. So it was nearly impossible to hear my interviewer over my echo. Whenever I asked my interviewer to repeat what he said because I couldn't hear, he would answer back with an attitude. The interviewer was rude. The question was also difficult and I answered it inefficiently. It was awful and I wish that I never have such a bad interview experience in the future.

Intern Interview

I submit the resume online and got the email within 2 weeks, And made a schedule for phone interview. there are 2 interviews in a row and with 2 different engineer for 30 min each. It was technical interview and generally I feel that they are so professional of the interview.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Google.

It was two phone interviews after I submitted my CV through a recruiter. The interviews were done 2 months after I submitted my CV. One interviewer was very comfortable to talk with, but the other was so quiet and did not give me timely feedbacks.

Interview Questions
    • They were technical questions regarding basic computer science like recursion and trees. It was important to figure out that the question was about recursion. I cannot reveal the questions here.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Referred by a friend. Interview set up a month in advance. 3 phone interviews, all technical. Typical interview questions that required use of various data structures, nothing unexpected. First two interviewers were nice and helpful, relatively easy questions. Third interviewer was rather dull and gave a question that had no answer, nor did he help in giving hints (nearly silence on the other end).

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Google in February 2015.

I applied online on google careers website and got response in less than two hours. The recruiter asked me a date for three technical phone screen interviews in a row.
    The experience was really positive as it made me study and develop data structures from scratch. I didn't receive any feedback about my performance, just a notice that they will not move on with the process.

Interview Questions
    • There were questions involving data structures and algorithms - these involved code - and a discussion about scalability.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Referred by a friend. Get email from HR pretty soon. Scheduled three crazy interviews on the same day in the next month. Three guys from different teams interviewed me. Answered two questions for each interview in the first two rounds. Only answered one in the last one. A pretty new question, some thing like search common ancestors in several DAGs.

Interview Questions
    • Encountered a machine learning question, not coding at all   Answer Question