Google

Updated 3 Mar 2015
3,817 Interview Reviews

3.4

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Google.

The process included 3 interviews, over a couple of months. the first interview is CV screening (15min), the second was over Hangouts with HR (30min), the third was over the phone with HR (30min), the fourth was with someone in the same role I was applying for (30min), and the last one is 2 hours long with managers and senior strategist from the team. The last one includes an hour long interview with the general manager and focuses on business and hypothetical scenario questions to assess cognitive ability. It is followed by two 30-min interviews with two senior strategists, and focuses on leadership skills, team fit, personality, customer focus and satisfaction and other competency-based questions.
    The process was a bit fuzzy, but interviewers are overall really friendly and do their best to make you feel at ease.

Interview Questions
    • - What is your favorite Google product and how would you improve it?
      - What is your motivation for this role
      - Tell me of a time when you dealt with a difficult customer?
      - What is your role in a team?
      - What are the different AdWords bidding strategies and for what might you use them for?
      - Explain AdWords to your grandma/a 4 year old child

Answer Question

Software Engineer, University Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Google.

I was contacted by a recruiter and talked about why I want to work at Google and got asked to explain the concept of Big-O notation. Then I got set up for the phone interview after confirming which Google office I wanted to work at.

Interview Questions
    • Given n coordinate points x, y find the line that intersects most of them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Google.

After applying through the Google Jobs website, I was reached out to by a member of their People Operations team. I had a short telephone interview with one of the recruiters, then 2 telephone interviews with members of the team I would be joining, and then an offer. The whole process was very well organised and swift.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding how you advise partners to use the Google products my team worked with.   Answer Question

Associate Account Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Google in February 2015.

The recruiter was very kind, and the timing less than I forecasted. She asked me about my background and explain me the position and the Google process to hire. The recruiter told me about the possibility to pass that interview and she describe me the possible next process - one interview with the team and one face to face.

Interview Questions
    • - Why do you want work at Google?
      - Why did you apply for this role?
      - Describe me a tough situation that you had with a client

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Google.

Applied through an employee. Contacted by a recruiter by email, had to fill out a form about my skills and what area at Google I wanted to work in. After which I had to do 2 phone interviews on the same day, each 45 minutes long. They got back to me within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Had to check if a Sudoku puzzle was valid and a computer graphics problem.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Google.

The process was pretty standard - 2 technical phone interviews. I waited 2 weeks for a reply. I am disappointed not because I was not made an offer but because of their attitude - I received an e-mail saying that I was going to be interviewed and 2 days later I received another saying that I was not going to be interviewed. When I asked for an explanation, they said it was because I was graduating the same year, which was clearly not the case as I indicated I was pursuing a Master's degree and I was only going to be available during the summer. I demanded to be redirected to someone in order to complain about this and they resumed my interview process. After each interview I was not given the opportunity to ask any questions, although the engineers were nice.

Interview Questions
    • I was only asked technical questions associated with algorithms and complexity.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Phone interview first, Case study and fit questions. Was then invited to in person interviews with an analyst and the head of the team. Both case studies and fit questions (Why Google, why are you leaving your current job). The cases were all actual problems that happenned in Google

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google in January 2015.

I applied on the webpage for a job in Mountain View, the recruiter contacted me the next day and set up a phone interview for a couple of weeks later. The interviewer in the phone interview was very nice and calm. He first asked me about my PhD, then there were a couple of questions about using hash tables versus BST as hash map implementations. This was followed by a warm up coding task (recursion over array of array to print all options) and the actual one (longest increasing path in 2d array). Compared to other interviews both were fairly straightforward. The problem was the time aspect, I never made it to code the second task.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Google.

Applied through official website. Took a few weeks to get a response from the recruitment team which asked some general questions and university information, and then received an email to schedule interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Given an iterator of Integers, create an iterator that will work correctly only iterating even integers. Ex given an iterator that iterates 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, the iterator should iterate 2, 4   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Google.

Completed an online application and had an initial phone interview. The phone interview was pretty standard - educational background, professional experience, how you deal with difficult situations etc. I was invited for an in-person interview with someone from HR, which was immediately followed by an interview/question time with a couple current employees. The interview questions were also standard, apart from a couple brain teasers thrown in.