Google Interview Questions

Updated 28 Sep 2014
3,193 Interview Reviews

3.5

Associate Account Strategist (Wroclaw) Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Google.

I got called to an phone interview due to a referral of a friend who works at Google.
    It was a 30 min phone, and we speak 30% of the time in English and 70% in Spanish.

It was a very friendly and casual chat.

They asked me:
    - Why should Google hire you?
    - Why do you want to work for Google?
    - Do you have experience with Adwords?
    - List your 3 best advantages of using Adwords?
    - Explain me Adwords like I was 5 years old.
    - Tell me about a situation you had to you deal with an angry client and how did you solve it.

They told me they would get in contact with me within a week.
    (it only passed 3 days when I wrote this post)

Interview Questions
    • -What is favourite Google Product and what would you improve on it ?   Answer Question

Associate, Online Sales & Operations Interview

Applied through a reference, got a call phone interview 2 week later. Phone call interview is general question about individuals. 1 week later got a SKype interview with Head of department

Interview Questions
    • If you have a magic bean, which aspect would you change of Google adword?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

On-site interview at their London office. Had 3 interviews in total, 2 of them were video conferences. Each was 45 minutes. Everyone was very nice. They tried to gauge how much you know and if you don't know a particular area, they'll ask something easier. So it's hard to say how much I could have done more to land the job.

Interview Questions
    • Ask about GLM, how to deal with large number of variables, economic experiments   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Google.

It was phone first interview. They want see if you are smart. You can use paper to write down and think. .don't know what else. Nothing to add to already written

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Google in August 2014.

Through friend's referral. Made it through first two rounds. First with Hr in India then with Hiring Manager. Very informal and relaxed atmosphere. Asked about CV and pitch sales for adword product.

Account Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Google.

I had a lot of calls from the hiring manager based out of UK. They asked a lot of information about my grades in university / college. They also wanted to know if I blog, so its best to have a blog done before you apply.
    As a lot of emphasis is put on grades, its best to position your strong academic skills before them.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Google in July 2014.

Applied in November 2013
    HR got in touch in March 2014
    First phone interview in April 2014
    Second in May 2014
    5 On-site interviews in July 2014

HR was super nice.
    One out of the 5 on-site interviewers was super unfriendly (and just came out of the shower w/ wet hair). She presented a graph problem which I considered my speciality. It had one tweak which she explained very badly. I asked her to reexplain the tweak twice. Then I was like "I understood it that way. So I'd do it this way. What do you think?". She then told me to "just implement it". I implemented it very fast. In the meantime, she read my CV. When I concluded, she looked at the code (which was probably 15-20 LoC). She then noticed that the way I handled the tweak was different to what she said. So she was like: "I told you to do it that way. What did you do there?". While I felt a little offended because if she had put a little more effort in explaining it I would have gotten it right away. Her version would have been even easier to implement.

Developer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Google in July 2014.

Two phone calls, one from the hiring manager and the second one from the manager of the team that was hiring you. The hiring manager said that I was a very good fit for the sole so they wanted to move forward with an interview.

The second interview, by the manager of the team they were hiring for, was good, but not that great. The interviewer was not very friendly, but the interview was ok overall.

At the end they didn't move forward, they wanted someone who was busy 100% of their time coding. Not me for sure, despite that was my background.

Interview Questions
    • Algorithm to verify whether a number is prime or not   View Answer

Research Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Google in July 2014.

They made initial contact via email, then face to face over Hangout. After this I was invited for a 'Quiz' which I was told would last 2 hours. It was on Stats, Math, Computer Programming and Machine Learning. It took 4 hours in total.
    A week later I was told that for the current open positions they needed someone stronger at math, so to get in touch when I felt more confident. I'm in the process of brushing up my math.

Grant Manager, Google Org Interview

They have a very well designed job application system, with all of their jobs listed clearly on their site with clear descriptions. As you would expect from Google, the user experience of submitting an application is very good.

Interview Questions

Worked for Google? Contribute to the Community!