Grant Thornton

Updated 7 Dec 2014

2.8

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Audit Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Telephone interview,
first interview with manager
then case study
then partner interview

none

Other Interview Reviews for Grant Thornton

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

In house interview lasted about 20-25 minutes and was a mix of small talk, questions like why accounting?, why Grant Thornton? why Vancouver?.. etc. Second round was a cooking class with roughly 30 other applicants. We cooked food in groups of 5, then ate the food in a business casual setting. No offer but was told I'm still in the running.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2013.

Applied through the online recruiting portal after speaking with employees at a University Career Fair. Was called after 3 weeks and offered a phone interview, which took place the next day. At the end of the phone interview I was offered a final interview the next week. The final round interview was set up just for me (no other interviewees) round robin style with a Director, a Senior Manager, and a Partner. After promptly sending "Thank You"emails that day, I received my offer less than 24 hours after leaving the office.

My experience with this firm's recruiting is only positive. Everybody acts like a professional, but more creative and flexible and far less political than when I interviewed with the Big 4.

Interview Questions
    • Question series posed by Firm Partner: (A)Why did you choose Accounting? (B)Why public Accounting vs private accounting? (C)What do you expect from Grant Thornton as an employer?   View Answer
    I had calculated a minimum negotiation number I needed for reasonable living expenses, but the firm beat my number by $2,000 annually with great benefits including free Becker and CPA pass bonuses. For an A1 my salary is very competitive so I just signed on the dotted line with no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I applied through my university's career services site. There was a 30 minute interview with a partner on campus. Very laid back, asked mostly about my Resume and why Grant Thornton. I heard back within a week and had 2nd round interviews in the office. There were 3 interviews, with a staff employee, manager and partner. Everyone was really nice. I heard back the next day. Just be yourself and ASK GOOD QUESTIONS!

Interview Questions
    • 1. If you were the lead on a GT task force to increase business, how would you go about this and how would you deal with the increasing competition?

2. Name a time when you worked in a team and you have some difficulties and how did you overcome it.

Answer Question
    Very competitive salary and nice benefits.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

The interview process has gone very smoothly. I am interviewing for an entry-level position and had the first round of interviews at my school. I have been invited back for an office visit and will be taking it next week. They have had numerous social events before the interviews that I have attended and it has been an enjoyable process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

First round interview on campus, followed by office visit in New York

Interview Questions
    • Nothing Unexpected. Mostly about resume and fit questions. Nothing Technical.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

First was a job fair, called Meet the Firms at university campus. Then a first round interview with one senior manager, and the second round interview were with three employees of the firm

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were too difficult or technical, mainly were behavioral questions   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

I applied through my on campus career office and was sent an email saying I was granted a first round interview. Interview was pretty basic, mostly behavioral questions. I received a second round interview which is actually tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Interview Questions
    • This is all about you so you will be doing most of the talking. Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2013.

Hiring takes place every six months, ICAP CA Inter passed students are called for their 3.5 years mandatory article ship. Initial screening is done via test followed by an interview by the senior manager. Final selection is done after reviewing performance in test and interview.

Try to be confident in the interview and make sure you have revised Accounting, Tax, Company law and auditing before coming for the test.

Interview Questions
    • You can be asked questions on election of directors or accounting of income and deferred taxes.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

First communications began at a Meet the Mid-Size Firms event, after applying online through schools career services I found out I was chosen as an interview candidate. A pre-interview event was held before first rounds and they hosted a pre-interview event at a restaurant in the city 2nd round.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in your life you had to deal with a difficult person in a group project and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question