Grant Thornton

2.7

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Easy process . Very logical questions in a technical sense and relevant competency based questions. Interviewiers were very polite and kind. No awkward questions asked. They were very patient and made the time to answer all the questions I had about the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton in February 2011.

Contact GT through an email contact. Was offered a 1:1 interview the following week. Informal yet thorough interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you believe to be the most important function of the Audit team?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I applied through an employee at the office I was interested in. I was contacted by the recruiter about a week later. Had a brief talk with her and received an email shortly after about setting up a phone interview with a manager. After that the recruiter called again and we were able to set up an office visit. At the visit I met with two managers and a partner. Received a call a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions from recruiter and manager were focused on location and background of the past few years. Office visit questions were very focused on how I would fit in and a large percent of the time was me asking questions.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

1st round interview on campus that went alright. The manager that interviewed me did not seem like I was the right fit for the role and kept talking about switching me to another practice, which she ended up doing. The process was also extremely drawn out and I was left in the dark. I had to follow-up with the recruiter (who is an angel by the way, shout out to her!) multiple times until I was told that I did not advance to the final round.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Applied to Grow with Grant Thornton Leadership program, interviewed, went to Grow with GT, interviewed with two senior associates. About 2 weeks after the program ended I received a call with an offer, then a few days after that received the details of the offer in an email.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see the globalization of the world impacting GT?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

First step is resume and application submission for first round on campus interviews. This process took less than a week. I interviewed with a manager and he asked me to walk me through my resume, then asked me 3 behavioral questions. After the on campus interview, I waited a week to be invited to second round office interviews. Definitely not a "small," "family oriented" or "entrepreneurial" culture. Grant Thornton was as close to Big Four as you can get without being at a Big Four. Don't get me wrong everyone was fine, but expect to be treated like one of many candidates. Also, everyone I interviewed with was more serious than friendly. Second round interviews are 3 interviews. Expect basic interview questions and behavioral questions. My second and third interviewers were easier, but the first interviewer from the moment I walked into his office did not seem approachable and friendly. Final decisions took more than 2 weeks, which was inconvenient for me so I decided to accept another offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do your experiences align with GT's values? How will you deal with creative accounting methods? How will you deal with the convergence of IFRS and GAAP standards? Tell me about something that you've been interested in lately?   Answer Question

IT Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

There was a pre-interview social the night before on campus. There were two back to back interviews on campus which I did not know going into it. Both interviewers were very nice and open to answering any and all questions. I received a verbal offer a little over a week later. Went to an office visit with other students who received offers.

Interview Questions

Received an offer for a position that interested me more. If I did not receive the other offer I would have happily accepted GT's offer.

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Initial phone interview consisted of casual conversation with a manager, followed by a few behavioral questions. Invited back for an office visit. More of the same, only in person. Met a partner, went to lunch with a few associates--nothing too difficult. Received my offer the following week.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Met GT at a job fair, everyone at the booth was extremely friendly and approachable. I handed my resume to them, and within the week I received an email inviting me to 1st round of interviews. I gladly accepted and met with a manager for an interview. Waited for about another week and received an invite to 2nd round of interview. This one lasted 4 hours, but it was a great experience! They really eased you into anything and I was never uncomfortable!

Interview Questions
    • They really just want to get to know you, so just be yourself. There weren't any questions I did not expect, they were just looking to have a conversation with you!   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I have gotten in touch with a recruiter and she set me up with a Super Day after a quick phone screen. The phone screen was mostly behavioral questions, so it wasn't difficult. At the Super Day, everyone met in their conference room where breakfast was served and everyone introduced themselves. A partner also came in and talked about future plans for the firm. The interview process was a breeze. It was 3 30 minute interviews with 1 break thrown in there. Again, it was mostly behavioral questions. After, the candidates were treated out for lunch with fellow associates and experienced associates. It was good to know them more on a personal level, without the professional mindset.