Grant Thornton Interview Questions

2.7

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Easy process . Very logical questions in a technical sense and relevant competency based questions. Interviewiers were very polite and kind. No awkward questions asked. They were very patient and made the time to answer all the questions I had about the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton in February 2011.

Contact GT through an email contact. Was offered a 1:1 interview the following week. Informal yet thorough interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you believe to be the most important function of the Audit team?   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Transaction Advisory Services Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

The process included speaking with national recruiting manager, phone interview with a manager, in person interview with manager, 2 directors, and partner. Overall, questions were standard, including a mix of behavior and technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult in terms of behavioral questions. Technical question: what type of issues would you encounter with aging receivables and how does that impact the financial statements   Answer Question
    Take what they offer.

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

The interview process was thorough but the team was able to move the process forward in a expedited manner. There were no gaps or ever a sense of not knowing where I stood as a candidate. I received excellent feedback and was always aware of next steps and timing. Everyone from the Recruiters to the management team were extremely professional and I left my interviews excited to be apart of such an amazing team. I had an initial phone interview and then was invited to come onsite for a panel interview. The timing from the phone interview to the onsite interview was about a week. Again, I was notified immediately following my phone interview though.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was a specific question that I was completely thrown off by. Many of the questions centered around my previous experience and relating this to how I could be of value to the organization. One of the conversations that was most refreshing for me to hear was that during the interview process the team is already discussing potential advancement throughout the organization and what the big picture looks like given you come in and prove yourself.   Answer Question
    The offer was very fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

This was for an audit intern position. I applied through my school's career website and had a first round interview at the office. I was interviewed by a partner. There were a few behavioral questions (about two or three) and plenty of time left for me to ask questions. The interviewer was friendly and the interview was almost like a causal, ice-breaker conversation - nothing very intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • A time when things didn't go according to plan. How did you adjust?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I interviewed with GT on campus. They had a pre-interview social the night before. The interview was very casual and conversational. The interviewer asked me a few basic behavioral questions that he mentioned he has been given by HR, I don't think he was very interested in the answers he was just supposed to ask them. Overall very low key, not stressful at all.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you worked in a difficult team situation, when have you had to act as a leader   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

First spoke to Grant Thorton at my university accounting open house and gave them a copy of my resume. Applied through the school website and did my campus interview and was invited to an office interview. I had my first interview, then had my second interview a week later, and received an offer 4 days after. (Including weekends)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Applied through career services. Had a 30 min interview with a recruiter. I thought the interview went well because she kept on smiling and saying good answer.Unfortunately, I didn't get the position. Asked 3 behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new? Tell me about a time when you were working on a project and it didnt go as planned? Tell me about a difficult challenge in your career, how did you adapt to it? Then she asked why audit, why GT?

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question but perhaps my resume wasn't good enough.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Fairly easy process. After being accepted for an interview there is a pre-interview reception the night before where you get the chance to network with professional staff. This is a great opportunity to get a feel for the company culture and get some of your questions answered before the interview. Pretty standard 30-minute interview. Not high pressure at all.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

On campus interview the day after a pre-interview dinner. The first interview was with a manager for 30 minutes. He asked two behavioral questions, and then let me ask him a few questions. Next, I had another 30 minute interview with a partner. He asked a few specific questions about my resume and I elaborated upon them. Nothing out of the blue or super unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had a disagreement with someone and how you resolved it. Why are you interested in public accounting?   Answer Question