Grant Thornton Interview Questions

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in February 2011.

Contact GT through an email contact. Was offered a 1:1 interview the following week. Informal yet thorough interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you believe to be the most important function of the Audit team?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Easy process . Very logical questions in a technical sense and relevant competency based questions. Interviewiers were very polite and kind. No awkward questions asked. They were very patient and made the time to answer all the questions I had about the company.

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton in January 2011.

The hiring process is very simple you just need to apply online and the HR Team will go through your CV. Once you have cleared you resume you will be receive a call. If you are through to interview an offer letter will be given you and you are in.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Grant Thornton in August 2014.

Campus Recruiting then office interviews in Charlotte. Behavioral on campus then behavioral and case at the office site. Overall positive experience, the interviewer was professional and represented the firm well.

Standard

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Applied through campus online. Then I had a campus interview then it was followed up by an office visit with a group dinner the night before. There were multiple interviews with Senior Associates then an interview with a partner. I received the offer within 24 hours of the last interview. The company is great and I loved it.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly basic, just be knowledgeable about current accounting issues.   Answer Question

Financial situation changed where I had to graduate prematurely and pursue a full time job while short of hours for the CPA exam.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2012.

Was referred by a current employee and received an email response within a week. After the email I was contacted by phone for a brief phone interview and then called in for an in person interview. The interview consisted of two 30-45 minute sessions with separate interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • As I was currently employed, I was asked why I was looking for a new job.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

Recruitment followed the traditional accounting recruitment process. Interviews on campus, followed by fly outs and second round interviews. Interviewed with a manager, senior manager, and partner. Offer was given by phone, by the tax practice leader (the same partner who interviewed me). Trinkets were given and emails exchanged. Accounting firms, know how to woo, and GT can do it as well.

BAS IT Audit - Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2013.

There were 3 interviews - Manager, Senior Manager and Partner. Mostly they asked about the past experiences. They also ask about typical behavioral questions. Generally easy interview process. Its more of how you fit into the culture of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about your most difficult project and how did you manage/ complete it   View Answer
    HR will give you the offer figures. I negotiated further to get additional 10% with the partner.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

Received my first interview with Grant Thornton and overall they came off very nice. Asked basic questions like tell me about yourself. Dug a little deeper by asking to walk through my resume and a few behavioral questions. Overall was about 20min. Manage questions concisely to get the most out of the interview.

Audit Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2013.

Campus Job Fair = initial meeting. Apply online through campus hiring website - Resume, Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcript. Meal with recruiters and other applicants the night before interviews began. On Campus interview with one manager. Second Round interview at office - dinner the night before, next day was a full day of interactions. It began with a breakfast, then speakers on each practice type, then three interviews, then a lunch.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were really based off of my resume, asking what something meant or how involved I was, and behavioral questions - how I would react to something or what I typically do in a certain situation.   Answer Question
    There was no real negotiation. Intern offers for accounting are fairly standard no matter where you go.

Worked for Grant Thornton? Contribute to the Community!