Grant Thornton

2.7

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Easy process . Very logical questions in a technical sense and relevant competency based questions. Interviewiers were very polite and kind. No awkward questions asked. They were very patient and made the time to answer all the questions I had about the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton in February 2011.

Contact GT through an email contact. Was offered a 1:1 interview the following week. Informal yet thorough interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you believe to be the most important function of the Audit team?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Initial phone interview consisted of casual conversation with a manager, followed by a few behavioral questions. Invited back for an office visit. More of the same, only in person. Met a partner, went to lunch with a few associates--nothing too difficult. Received my offer the following week.

Audit Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Met GT at a job fair, everyone at the booth was extremely friendly and approachable. I handed my resume to them, and within the week I received an email inviting me to 1st round of interviews. I gladly accepted and met with a manager for an interview. Waited for about another week and received an invite to 2nd round of interview. This one lasted 4 hours, but it was a great experience! They really eased you into anything and I was never uncomfortable!

Interview Questions
    • They really just want to get to know you, so just be yourself. There weren't any questions I did not expect, they were just looking to have a conversation with you!   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I have gotten in touch with a recruiter and she set me up with a Super Day after a quick phone screen. The phone screen was mostly behavioral questions, so it wasn't difficult. At the Super Day, everyone met in their conference room where breakfast was served and everyone introduced themselves. A partner also came in and talked about future plans for the firm. The interview process was a breeze. It was 3 30 minute interviews with 1 break thrown in there. Again, it was mostly behavioral questions. After, the candidates were treated out for lunch with fellow associates and experienced associates. It was good to know them more on a personal level, without the professional mindset.

BAS Process Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

The interview process was very enjoyable. It began with a pre-interview dinner the night before the main interview. According to my recruiter, the dinner's purpose was to get the applicants more comfortable before the interviews, let the employees interact with applicants, and to let the applicants ask any questions before the next day. The following day interview took from 8:30am - 2:30pm. This consisted of two 30 minute interviews, followed by an hour of information sessions, lunch, and then a small panel of current employees to answer applicant questions about working at GT. The entire process was very supportive and encouraging.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. "What was a difficult situation you faced and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Questions were very professional. Phone interview then in person. Very to the point. Responses were within a few days. Called to tell me that I didn't get the job.

Senior Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Quick, responsive, and thorough. Very professional. The turn around was quick in all phases, and I was kept informed. The leaders were very forthcoming in the interviews, and the whole process was was professional.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I handled a difficult situation with a client and got it back on track to a success.   Answer Question

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2014.

Passed my CV in the front desk and was informed that a Senior Audit Associate with 2-3 years experience is open for job application. I was scheduled on an interview with the Audit Manager 2 days after. Interview went well. Many technical question where as specifically competencies on IFRS and IAS. At the end of the interview, the audit manager told me that they were looking for Senior Associate with at least 4-5 years of experience.

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2014.

I applied twice. First, through an employee referral but got rejected due to my visa status. Three months later, I tried again by depositing my CV on their website. Few hours later, I got a phone call -- this mainly consists of screening questions.

I was then scheduled the next day for an interiview with an Assistant Manger. Questions mainly involved IAS and IFRS technicalites. Later in the afternoon, I got scheduled for another interview with a Manager on the next day. This interview again is about the accounting standards, though I was also asked about risk assessments and audit procedure.

The next day, I was scheduled for the final interview with an Audit Partner. Only a few behavioral questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Technical : what are the required disclosures for investment property both under the fair value and cost model   Answer Question