Grant Thornton Interview Questions

Updated 11 Apr 2015
Updated 11 Apr 2015

2.7

Tax Interview

Interview

They just ask about general quetions, such as why GT, why this role. And then, it is about competency-based questions. It is a recorded video interview. So, you can choose the time you feel comfortable to do the interview. It lasted about half an hour. I would suggest to dress like the formal face to face interview and have a make up.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Standard online question process, followed by numerical and verbal reasoning tests. 'Digital interview' test with competency-based questions, quite a surreal experience. This was followed by an assessment centre with involved a group case-study, followed by a partner interview about the case study and a final interview. Not as stressful as I expected, the final interview was particularly relaxed and I was able to find out a lot more about the firm.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a firm you have been particularly impressed with recently.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in November 2013.

Interview

Basic campus hiring process. 1st round on campus with two managers, both alums. 2nd round at office included pre-interview dinner night and hotel accommodation. Next day interviews with 2 managers and 1 partner. All conversational and laid back. More about why GT, why Audit, what I wanted out of it.

Interview Questions

• Why audit? Asked for examples of making impact, taking initiative, etc....   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton (London, England).

Interview

Easy process . Very logical questions in a technical sense and relevant competency based questions. Interviewiers were very polite and kind. No awkward questions asked. They were very patient and made the time to answer all the questions I had about the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Manchester, England) in February 2011.

Interview

Contact GT through an email contact. Was offered a 1:1 interview the following week. Informal yet thorough interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe to be the most important function of the Audit team?   Answer Question

Grow With Grant Thornton Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Tulsa, OK (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

One 30 minute interview with one employee. Very relaxed interview. He told me a lot about the position and asked very generic questions. The interviewer was very personable and seemed to care a lot about me and my interests. The recruiter sat outside the room and once I left she talked to me about my experience and was very upfront with when I was to be hearing from them on the outcome of the interview. Very quick turn around as I heard back 2 days later that I had been accepted into the program.

Interview Questions

• More about myself and what I wanted to do in the future than anything.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Told me I got accepted into the program and I said yes to their invitation.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

One day single interview with two people. About 30 minutes each where they give a description of what the job would be like and how your position would contribute to the group. Give tour of the office, meet a couple people. None of the questions are too difficult, they love Excel skills and organization. Deadlines and attention to detail are important, they make this clear.

Interview Questions

• How organized are you? Describe how you are organized.   Answer Question

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Interview consisted of two 30 minute interviews, one with a Senior Associate and another with a Managing Partner. Both interviews were based off of my resume and interest in the firm, with some other typical interview questions as well. I got the opportunity to ask each of the interviewers questions about their careers and the firm.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

Met with two managers who were seemingly pulled out of the closest offices...asked very boilerplate questions, and I have not seen them since. At the time, there was no specific project for me to roll on to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate, even though I had other offers.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview

It was a one on one interview with one of their Audit partners. He basically went top to bottom through my resume asking questions about each thing. After we went through everything, I asked him several questions regarding Grant Thornton.

Interview Questions

• What classes are you currently taking? Which one is your favorite?   Answer Question