Grant Thornton

Updated 21 Nov 2014
Updated 21 Nov 2014

2.7

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Overall pretty simple process applied by school carrer management got an email with an on campus interview. Had 2 40 minute interviews. Got another email for a office interview, i went had another 2 interviews with a couple of partners and got the call back for an offer within 2 day

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate thought the offer was good considering I have no experience

Tax Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Superday where you have 3 interviews including a break and lunch. You are assigned a visit buddy who is a recent hire associate who takes you to your interviews. Everyone was very friendly and the process was not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to go against a set criteria, why you did so and what was the result.   View Answer

Co-op Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I first had a mock interview with the recruiter organized through my university. Later, I was contacted by a staff accountant to do a telephone interview, a couple weeks later I was arranged to do another interview with both a senior manager and partner.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very basic, but the second interview was more tailored to resume and coverletter   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2014.

I went through the campus website as well as their own to apply and got a 1st round interview. During the first round, I got an interviewer who looked like she didn't want to be there in the first place. She wasn't very friendly nor was she the best interviewer.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2014.

Group interview, followed by HR interview, followed by Partner Interview. Very standard within the accounting industry. Although Hong Kong is particularly competitive even outside of Big 4 firms. The group interview question was particularly tough because it was asking about the current political situation in Hong Kong. Everyone was asked to give their opinion and join in a group conversation. It would be difficult to participate if you do not keep up with current events or your general knowledge is not broad enough.

Interview Questions
    • Please comment on the current Political situation of Hong Kong and give us your thoughts and opinions.   Answer Question

Tax Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2014.

Interviewers were extremely pleasant. The whole process was very relaxed and casual. GT seemed to emphasize the team culture and work atmosphere as their strongest point. Most of the questions were focused on team skills and past experiences involving team involvement. In comparison to the Big 4 interviews, the interview with GT was very relaxed and overall more enjoyable. For the position being interviewed, they also stressed the importance of analytical skills along with client relationship building.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine that you were given a die with 6 sides to roll X number of times. At some point whiling rolling, the die was secretly switched out with a loaded die that would double the chances to land on 1, 2, and 3. At what point while rolling would you notice that the die was loaded?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Applied through campus online. Then I had a campus interview then it was followed up by an office visit with a group dinner the night before. There were multiple interviews with Senior Associates then an interview with a partner. I received the offer within 24 hours of the last interview. The company is great and I loved it.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly basic, just be knowledgeable about current accounting issues.   Answer Question

Financial situation changed where I had to graduate prematurely and pursue a full time job while short of hours for the CPA exam.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton in August 2014.

Campus Recruiting then office interviews in Charlotte. Behavioral on campus then behavioral and case at the office site. Overall positive experience, the interviewer was professional and represented the firm well.

Standard

Regional Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in August 2014.

I submitted an online application and two weeks later was emailed with a request for a phone interview. Phone interview went great with HR manager. She told me I'm the kind of candidate they look for. The next steps would be to meet with the marketing team and partners, but unfortunately a week later I got a call that they hired someone else who had more direct information.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you met a challenge and how you tackeld that.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

Very easy met with 3 people for about 25-30 minutes each and was called back the following week and received an offer. Everyone was very friendly and people around the office were great.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward. Basically walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    straight forward.