Grant Thornton

172 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Forensic Intern Interview

Forensic Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2013.

Interview Details It was an on campus interview and has a pre-night for you talk to various people in the company. The recruiters are very nice and the first round interview are common behavior questions.

Interview Question – First round is behavior questions, basically asking you why GT, why this position, why you, how can you fit into the company.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details Typical phone interview questioning, followed by a face to face. Interview with all managers (5) for 20 minutes a piece.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details 1st round on campus, final round at NY offices. General behavioral questions. 2nd round had 3 separate interviews, each 30 minutes long.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at Grant Thornton

Interview Details Campus interview which was all behavioral, then in the office for 3 thirty minute grill sessions from two managers and the practice partner. Pretty standard stuff, just a resume run through, career motivations, what you think you can do to add value to client work, etc. No business case or brain teasers.

Interview Question – Tell me about your academic and career arch...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real wiggle room without another offer in hand

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Oakbrook Terrace, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2012.

Interview Details Resume was sent over by family member. Initially contacted by recruiter who conducted a phone interview. Then a face to face interview was setup. Face to face interview was conducted one and then an offer was given the next day. Very smooth process. I would advise anyone going in to brush up on their interview skills and to have as much information on the Firm as possible. It is a partnership so information is somewhat limited.

Interview Question – Not a terribly difficult interview. Not the easiest, but certainly not the hardest I had.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details First I had an on campus 1:1, then on site for 3 1:1's. Everyone was very nice, and focused mostly on interpersonal skills, with a bit of technical questioning. The offer was made promptly after the interview cycle, within a week or so. Plenty of transparency throughout.

Interview Question – Interviewer tried to drill in to a past experience, drawing parallels to the new position.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Audit Associate
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details In house interview lasted about 20-25 minutes and was a mix of small talk, questions like why accounting?, why Grant Thornton? why Vancouver?.. etc. Second round was a cooking class with roughly 30 other applicants. We cooked food in groups of 5, then ate the food in a business casual setting. No offer but was told I'm still in the running.

Business Advisory Consultant Interview

Business Advisory Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton.

Interview Details I received an interview call through my interaction with GT professionals at a Career fair

Interview Question – The first round of interview was behavioral interview and I was asked number of "Tell me a time when..." questions. Also, some time was spent on resume based questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton in May 2010.

Interview Details Depends on the person taking interview and his mood

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was done by management

Manager Interview

Manager
Alexandria, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Grant Thornton in March 2012.

Interview Details I interviewed with the end client of Grant Thornton first. Since the client liked me, Grant Thornton had no problem extending an offer.