Grant Thornton

Updated 7 Dec 2014
Updated 7 Dec 2014

2.7

Tax Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Superday where you have 3 interviews including a break and lunch. You are assigned a visit buddy who is a recent hire associate who takes you to your interviews. Everyone was very friendly and the process was not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to go against a set criteria, why you did so and what was the result.   View Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

First spoke to Grant Thorton at my university accounting open house and gave them a copy of my resume. Applied through the school website and did my campus interview and was invited to an office interview. I had my first interview, then had my second interview a week later, and received an offer 4 days after. (Including weekends)

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

Applied through career services. Had a 30 min interview with a recruiter. I thought the interview went well because she kept on smiling and saying good answer.Unfortunately, I didn't get the position. Asked 3 behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when you had to learn something new? Tell me about a time when you were working on a project and it didnt go as planned? Tell me about a difficult challenge in your career, how did you adapt to it? Then she asked why audit, why GT?

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question but perhaps my resume wasn't good enough.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Overall pretty simple process applied by school carrer management got an email with an on campus interview. Had 2 40 minute interviews. Got another email for a office interview, i went had another 2 interviews with a couple of partners and got the call back for an offer within 2 day

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate thought the offer was good considering I have no experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in October 2014.

The hiring process was through the university and took about 5 to 6 weeks.

There was an accounting fair where a whole range of accounting firms were present from Big 4 to small, local firms. I met with a managing director and a partner of the firm. They were very nice and I enjoyed their company.

There were also several events where we met with other professionals of the firm. I had my first round of interviews at the university for about 30 minutes. I met with a manager. He was very professional and we spoke about a variety of topics about myself, my resume, both of our experiences.

The second round interviews were at the office. We had a pre-interview social. I met with other professionals of the firm, as well. The next day were office interviews and lunch. I had two office interviews, both 30 minutes. I interviewed with a partner and director of the firm. Both of them went very well. It was certainly more relaxed and talking more about myself, my resume, and experiences. After the interviews, we went out to lunch with two professionals of the firm. It was a great experience and learned more about the firm through their experiences. They said that offers would be sent out the following week. However, I received notice of my offer two days after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. Nothing that is out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA (US)

After speaking to recruiters at the my school's career fair, I applied to the Advisory Associate's position through my schools career website. I received an email 2 weeks later to schedule an on campus interview. The day of my interview, I was greeted by recently hired associates who socialized with the interview candidates. The process itself consisted of 2 back-to-back, half hour interviews. One was with a senior manager and the other was with a manager. There were specific questions about experiences on my resume as well as behavioral interview questions.

Co-op Accountant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton.

I first had a mock interview with the recruiter organized through my university. Later, I was contacted by a staff accountant to do a telephone interview, a couple weeks later I was arranged to do another interview with both a senior manager and partner.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very basic, but the second interview was more tailored to resume and coverletter   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2014.

I went through the campus website as well as their own to apply and got a 1st round interview. During the first round, I got an interviewer who looked like she didn't want to be there in the first place. She wasn't very friendly nor was she the best interviewer.

Tax Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2014.

Interviewers were extremely pleasant. The whole process was very relaxed and casual. GT seemed to emphasize the team culture and work atmosphere as their strongest point. Most of the questions were focused on team skills and past experiences involving team involvement. In comparison to the Big 4 interviews, the interview with GT was very relaxed and overall more enjoyable. For the position being interviewed, they also stressed the importance of analytical skills along with client relationship building.

Interview Questions
    • Imagine that you were given a die with 6 sides to roll X number of times. At some point whiling rolling, the die was secretly switched out with a loaded die that would double the chances to land on 1, 2, and 3. At what point while rolling would you notice that the die was loaded?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Grant Thornton in September 2014.

Group interview, followed by HR interview, followed by Partner Interview. Very standard within the accounting industry. Although Hong Kong is particularly competitive even outside of Big 4 firms. The group interview question was particularly tough because it was asking about the current political situation in Hong Kong. Everyone was asked to give their opinion and join in a group conversation. It would be difficult to participate if you do not keep up with current events or your general knowledge is not broad enough.

Interview Questions
    • Please comment on the current Political situation of Hong Kong and give us your thoughts and opinions.   Answer Question