Grant Thornton, LLP

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manchester, England

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in February 2011.

Interview Details Contact GT through an email contact. Was offered a 1:1 interview the following week. Informal yet thorough interview.

Interview Question – What do you believe to be the most important function of the Audit team?   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in January 2014.

Interview Details Spoke with national recruiter, and was set up with phone interview in about a month. Phone interview was pretty standard. No unexpected questions. Be prepared to answer why GT specifically, and the specific line of business within GT you are looking in. Make sure to do research on the company, as well. Know your resume very well, and have talking points beforehand.

Interview Question – Why Grant Thornton?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP.

Interview Details 1st round on campus, final round at NY offices. General behavioral questions. 2nd round had 3 separate interviews, each 30 minutes long.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP.

Interview Details I submitted my application through my university job board and it took about 2 weeks to hear back. I attended a pre-interview reception the day before my interview and got to talk to many current GT employees. The interview was mostly behavioral and laid back, but you could tell they wanted accounting students over finance students which makes perfect sense.

Interview Question – No difficult questions..just a review of my resume   Answer Question

Tulsa, OK (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in May 2013.

Interview Details Initially there was an on-campus interview with one of the partners. He asked some typical interview questions that you would expect to get a feel for you as a candidate. After a week or so, I received an email from their recruiter telling me that I was invited for an office visit. There were 3 interviews during this time. One with a partner and two with managers. These were all very informal, mainly focusing on the firm and what they do rather than myself. They were trying to sell them as a good place to work. They then took us out to lunch and back to the office to hang out and eat ice cream.

Interview Question – The one that keps coming up was asking what I liked to do in my spare time. They wanted to know how we keep busy outside of work and school to allow for growth outside of work.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – For the Tulsa office, it seemed extremely well positioned. They focus on small and mid cap companies, which is perfect for that area. There was a reason why Big 4 moved from the area, but that leaves the market open for GT to thrive.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP.

Interview Details The campus interview went very well, the interviewer is easygoing and nice to talk with. In the second round, there are three sessions that each one takes about 30 minutes. You can choose morning interview and a lunch later, or a lunch and afternoon interview later. Overall, it's a good experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

McLean, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in September 2012.

Interview Details Went to career fair, had a good conversation with a partner, applied through campus career center, got invited to the first round of interviews and now about to do my office visit.

Interview Question – They were all behavioral and pretty simple. It was more like a conversation than anything else.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP

Interview Details Had on-campus interview then several nights out, dinners, then office interview.
Was very friendly and everyone I talked to was extremely nice

Interview Question – There was not really a hard question   Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in May 2010.

Interview Details I interviewed with a senior manager on campus. I had met my interviewer days before through recruiting events. After that initial interview I got a call from the recruiter saying they would like me to come up for an office visit. At the office visit I had three one on one interviews with senior managers and a partner. In my last interview received an offer. A accepted a few days later.

That interview was for an internship. At the end of my internship I got another offer to come on full time which I accepted.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you had to be a leader.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

McLean, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Grant Thornton, LLP in October 2011.

Interview Details The interview process was very easy and allowed me to get an inside look of the firm. I talked to several people for thirty minutes each. The conversations were not technical at all and were more focused on how I would fit in with the firm. I was highly impressed with the professionalism of the firm and their openness.

Interview Question – What are some of your greatest accomplishments?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Grant Thornton, LLP

Worked for Grant Thornton, LLP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Grant Thornton, LLP Intern interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Grant Thornton, LLP employees and interview candidates.