Guardian Industries Interview Questions

2.7

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goole, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goole, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guardian Industries in January 2011.

An interview was arranged for me by a recruitment agency through which I applied. My contact at the agency was very good and positive about my chances of getting this role. Apparently, she had sent several CV's to Guardian over a period of two and a half months and Guardian knocked them all back; I was the only person they chose to interview. That gave me added confidence that there was something about my experience and skills that they were interested in.

I arrived at Guardian and was escorted to a waiting area by a security guard. A friendly woman greeted me and asked me to fill an application form in and asked me if I wanted a drink; so far so good.

After about fifteen minutes, my interviewer arrived. From his arrival and initial exchanges he seemed uninterested in the interview and in me. It crossed my mind that this could be a ploy, a kind of "I'm going to raise objections about your suitability for this position and you have to convince me that they are incorrect and hence you will have to convince me that you should have this job" as he seemed to me to be raising unreasonable objections.

But it became apparent that that wasn't the case. My contact at the agency told me (as per the instruction of the HR Manager at Guardian) that I was being considered not only for the position I applied for (Process Engineer) but also the Process Manager position because of my previous experience. When I raised this with my interviewer, he told me "no, I don't think so; you are not experienced enough for the Process Manager position."

After the interview I was left wondering why there was such a difference in opinion. There seems as if there could have been some conflict between my interviewer and the HR manager/department, but that is just a theory. It does not excuse the lack of professionalism shown towards me in the interview.

I gave, in my opinion, a very good interview, despite the lack of interest from my interviewer. I put a good case across as to why Guardian should give the position, but it seemed certain from the very beginning of the interview that the interviewer's mind was made up.

I left the interview feeling underwhelmed; I'd put in the time and effort to travel to the interview and give a good interview and in return I was shown contempt.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult thing you've ever done in your life?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guardian Industries.

It was really simple, they asked me about the simple control system questions. Face to face was mostly salary negotiation. Had a lunch with future colleagues, they were very nice and welcoming. They asked me about my experience on control system design, about they understood my depth about control system they kinda stop talking about technical questions. ;-P

Interview Questions
    • The negotiation was difficult, manager straight offered me an exact number and said he wont be able to offer any more. As I badly needed a job then so I had to accept that.   View Answer
    They are a HUGE company they got tons of money, but doesnt want to pay much. Bonus is simply a joke. So negotiate as much as possible from the beginning coz you can forget about the raise for atleast next 3 to 4 years.

Production Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guardian Industries.

First communication was to set up a pre-screening phone interview. Recruiter was polite and explained the position very well. I was asked to give a run-down about my experiences and we went into behavioral response questions. Unfortunately, I have not finished my degree but I have life experience through the military comparable to the position applied for. However, it seemed that experience was dismissed after further discussion as it was not a manufacturing environment.

Interview Questions
    • Can you take instructions from others without being upset?   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ligonier, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ligonier, IN (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Guardian Industries.

Long and somewhat unorganized. I interviewed with three managers on site and most of the questions were tied to lean manufacturing. The plant manager was the first on-site interview and I actually enjoyed talking with him. He took me for a short tour and covered some of their organizational goals. After my interview with the PM I interview with two other managers, one was quality and the other I am not sure. They were both very vague and I lost interest during this time.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, but very vague questions. I would have expected more relevant questions pertaining to my skills and qualifications. Over the past three years I have received at least thirty calls, from different recruiters, about this same position. It appears Guardian is seeking a particular leadership trait that is difficult to find or the turn-over rate is astronomical. Thats just my opinion.   Answer Question

I received an offer for another interview. I didn't feel I would be a good fit for their culture and declined any additional interviews.

Controls Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carleton, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carleton, MI (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guardian Industries in March 2014.

Was mostly a pleasant process. Gave me a good tour of the plant, explained duties pretty well. Left me with other techs at one point who seemed to question my experience and whether or not I was willing to get dirty since my resume stressed office type work, I guess. Seemed like nice enough bunch though.

Interview Questions
    • Was given a test of PLC ladder logic, this is to be expected and made me realize I needed to bone up on this since it had been a while. Also questioned several times about whether the unusual shift work would be an issue.   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Guardian Industries.

The longest process ever...! I interviewed with at least 8 to 9 individuals. First was a call from the HR recruiter; then a call from the VP of HR; then a group interview; had lunch with the current HR (an Engineer) then fly to Michigan to meet other HR folks; met the In-coming VP of HR; she said we had similar ideas, principals and philosophies in HR. Then...sorry you are not good enough?

Interview Questions
    • Duh! "TELL ME A LITTLE bit ABOUT YOURSELF!" Too many times. No hard questions; just basic behavioral stuff: Situation / Task / Action / Results.   View Answers (2)

No Answer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardian Industries.

Group interview format. Group seemed nice. Really pushed the company values. Side stepped some of my questions to the group

Interview Questions
    • provide an example of some of the projects you worked on and how they turned out   Answer Question
    Limited. They would not negotiate on salary or perks

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Guardian Industries in October 2013.

Straightforward process, just wanted to understand my background. I enjoyed speaking with two of the interviewers but had another who was abrasive. Hearing the experiences of the team is always positive, and better understanding their thoughts on company culture.

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Guardian Industries.

Interview with at least 6 or 7 people from various disciplines and responsibilities

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work nights and weekends. My answer was yes and little did I know what I was in for!!   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. It was a take it or leave it offer except the start date. I was allowed to start 1 week later than they requested.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guardian Industries in July 2013.

It was a very happy conversation with one of the employee at Guardian, they are emphasize on the personality and will of learn than the experience. I think it be very fun to work at Guardian.