Guardsmark Interview Questions

Updated 11 Oct 2014
Updated 11 Oct 2014

2.5

Internal Audit Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in January 2012.

Reception of the HR personnel was warm, details offered of the company's focus to see if it aligns with the interviewees then was called in for panel interview.

Merchandiser Interview

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Guardsmark in January 2012.

video, asked questions, preview of job at a specific location.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Guardsmark in August 2011.

The most paperwork I've ever done to get a job due to the extensive background checks. There's even a quirky personality/psychoanalysis test that's about 150 questions or something. The interviews with Guardsmark are pretty short and straightforward. Since they've already done a background check and all that, if they call you in for an interview you're probably golden as long as you don't do or say something offensive or illegal during the interview. Client interviews are separate; although they're rare, they can happen, and those interviews are usually for the high-class, posh jobs. Clients are usually very understanding and as willing to work with the needs of Guardsmark and its employees as Guardsmark is with clients but some clients (particularly the ones that have their own interview process) can also be eccentric, paranoid, fickle, or just picky.

Interview Questions
    • There was once a client who asked me what plans I had for the future. Not a weird question per se, but the answer the client sought was different than what I had imagined. I like to answer this type of question with something that shows I have a drive to improve myself and a marked interest in looking at the bigger picture. Real ambition.   View Answers (2)
    Pay varies by which site you are posted at, but you can opt to be a "floater" which has a set pay rate. Floaters are trained at several different sites and in a town with many clients, there's good money in it, as you fill time slots when guards are absent due to emergencies and such.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS (US)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Guardsmark in September 2010.

Lengthy interview process. I was called back multiple times and had to interview with everybody and their brother before I was hired. I had almost given up on getting the job. I had to take an IQ test and a polygraph test.

I was romanced and then was never given what I was promised.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA (US)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark in July 2010.

I completed a phone interview and was called back in for a one on one interview. I was told the process would take about 3 weeks for them to do callbacks for a 3rd interview and that they would be in touch. I never received another call from them after that. I wouldn't have accepted the job anyway because they don't offer vacation time until you have been there for 2 years.

Security Guard Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Guardsmark in March 2010.

ok well i applied did all my paperwork back ground test finger prints payed for it the office said they would call me back in a week to two weeksi did all my work about 2 weeks befor some pepole i know but they got there jobs befor me i went over a coupel of weeks later found out that they had not recived my finger prints or back ground check and they didnt call to find out what happen it must have gotten lost and no one said any thing i had to re do all the paper work cuz it was now a new year and re do my background check and finger prints it took about 2-3 months in total

Interview Questions
    • did i have family working for the company   View Answer
    find out the pay befor hand and get it on paper i was told over the phon $10 starting i got $9 starting iv been working for years now inbetween 3-6 years and now just getting $10

Staff Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in January 2010.

Went thru an extensive hiring process for a job at their corporate offices in Memphis. I spent a lot of time and money (parking, proper attire as I heard that women can only wear skirts!!!) in hopes of getting the job. I was told about 3 weeks into the process (after I called numerous times for an update) that they decided to hire internally- maybe. They will for sure let me know by the end of the week. They never called. It is a slap in the face to the unemployed to be treated this way. Because of the disrespect I was shown after all the hoops I went thru, I will never apply to this company again. The lie detector tests and extensive personality tests for a staff position are a little ridiculous also.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharonville, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharonville, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guardsmark in December 2009.

it's very simple. have to take a test to get your guard card but its very simple, all common sense.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in November 2009.

I went in to the Guardsmark main building downtown in person with an application. They contacted me within a week to interview and fill out paperwork for employment. I had to obtain a Private Security License, pass a background check (although I don't think very thorough, I worked with some folks that looked like they straight off the street and took drugs).

Once I got done with that, they sent me to a client facility to work and told me nothing about the job I would be doing. Once I got there the job was an outside post and you would literally guard parked cars all day.

When can you start?

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in October 2009.

Guardsmark spent nearly two weeks with the hiring process. I arrived and was given a "pre-interview" application that was about 2 pages. Filled it out then spoke with the HR guy. I guess that was the interview because there never was anything like an official interview after that. After than I filled out the FOURTY page application that required 8 references and job and address history for the last 10 years. Later I took a polygraph test which was pretty much a "did you lie on your application" type questions. Then I also did the 500+ question personality test. Eventually I had to watch about 4 hours worth of "Training films" which were filled with common sense question. Photographs and uniforms came later. Nearly two weeks after I applied I was given a post assignment. All in all the process could have been done in 2-3 days but they can not organize anything at the office and everything takes forever.

Interview Questions
    • There was no interview-type questions. Just a review of the application.   View Answer