Guardsmark

Average Difficulty
36 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Guardsmark.

Interview Details Very long process so just be patient

Interview Question – Do you play with dolls? lol it is a psychological question!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be flexible to the scheduling!

Security Guard Interview

Security Guard
Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in May 2012.

Interview Details Interview was minimal, a few questions about my background.

Interview Question – None, everything was background related.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not definative at all they just told me to come in the following monday to get cpr, aed, and first aid certified. Even at this point i did not know if i had the job.

Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guardsmark in August 2011.

Interview Details The most paperwork I've ever done to get a job due to the extensive background checks. There's even a quirky personality/psychoanalysis test that's about 150 questions or something. The interviews with Guardsmark are pretty short and straightforward. Since they've already done a background check and all that, if they call you in for an interview you're probably golden as long as you don't do or say something offensive or illegal during the interview. Client interviews are separate; although they're rare, they can happen, and those interviews are usually for the high-class, posh jobs. Clients are usually very understanding and as willing to work with the needs of Guardsmark and its employees as Guardsmark is with clients but some clients (particularly the ones that have their own interview process) can also be eccentric, paranoid, fickle, or just picky.

Interview Question – There was once a client who asked me what plans I had for the future. Not a weird question per se, but the answer the client sought was different than what I had imagined. I like to answer this type of question with something that shows I have a drive to improve myself and a marked interest in looking at the bigger picture. Real ambition.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Pay varies by which site you are posted at, but you can opt to be a "floater" which has a set pay rate. Floaters are trained at several different sites and in a town with many clients, there's good money in it, as you fill time slots when guards are absent due to emergencies and such.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Guardsmark in May 2008.

Interview Details Joined a meeting at the end of the day to discuss the possibility of moving into a promotion. Two days later did the initial interview for the promotion. The following day was offered the promotion and accepted with no negotiation. The people were interested in moving quickly.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as it was a contracted position with defined allocated dollars.

Security Guard Interview

Security Guard

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Guardsmark in March 2010.

Interview Details ok well i applied did all my paperwork back ground test finger prints payed for it the office said they would call me back in a week to two weeksi did all my work about 2 weeks befor some pepole i know but they got there jobs befor me i went over a coupel of weeks later found out that they had not recived my finger prints or back ground check and they didnt call to find out what happen it must have gotten lost and no one said any thing i had to re do all the paper work cuz it was now a new year and re do my background check and finger prints it took about 2-3 months in total

Interview Question – did i have family working for the company   View Answer

Negotiation Details – find out the pay befor hand and get it on paper i was told over the phon $10 starting i got $9 starting iv been working for years now inbetween 3-6 years and now just getting $10

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Guardsmark in January 2012.

Interview Details video, asked questions, preview of job at a specific location.

Interview Questions

Internal Audit Interview

Internal Audit

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guardsmark in January 2012.

Interview Details Reception of the HR personnel was warm, details offered of the company's focus to see if it aligns with the interviewees then was called in for panel interview.

Security Officer
Sterling Heights, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Guardsmark in June 2009.

Interview Details Pretty short process, longest part was the book of an application.

Applied at main office one day and was told there was nothing available. Got a call the next morning as my resume was passed on and went for interview on the following Monday. started work the next week.

Negotiation Details – What negotiation? There was none. Number one sign you may be headed to the wrong job!

Site Supervisor Interview

Site Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Guardsmark in June 2009.

Interview Details At first, I called the company in reference to an ad I saw in the paper stating that positions were available between $11-14 per hour. I was told I would have to come into the office and fill out an application. I did so a few days later. I dressed up in a suit and tie, came with my credentials ready, and when the HR rep noticed that I had a Bachelor's degree, her eyes lit up. I spoke with the branch manager about a position (where I still work now) and was essentially offered a job right then and there which was contingent upon passing an irregular client interview. The process was very easy and I did not spend more than 3-4 hours at the office. Considering I basically walked away with a job, that was not too bad!

Interview Question – In your mind, what do you feel qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist
Kirkland, WA (US)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Guardsmark in July 2010.

Interview Details I completed a phone interview and was called back in for a one on one interview. I was told the process would take about 3 weeks for them to do callbacks for a 3rd interview and that they would be in touch. I never received another call from them after that. I wouldn't have accepted the job anyway because they don't offer vacation time until you have been there for 2 years.

Interview Questions