Guardsmark

Updated 22 Nov 2014

2.3

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guardsmark.

I was initially contacted by the relational manager by phone and asked to come fill out an application after I submitted my resume through Indeed. I came in and my first initial idea of the place was that it was swamped with lots of work and the manager I met seemed to lack the interpersonal skills of someone who would come off friendly. The office seemed small and somewhat cluttered and I was brought into the managers office. I was then asked a serious of questions and told about the situation and the job specific site. I was confident in my ability that I could handle the problems they faced and met with the main manager. He seemed like a great guy very relational, knowledgeable, and hard working after we chatted I began filling out a long serious of sheets that was the application. It included where I have lived and worked the last 7 years and six mandatory references I had to fill out so I complied. After that I was instructed to fill out a 300 question long personality test and then I was sent to the job specific site to interview with the manager of the account. I arrived and met the supervisor of the site who was very awkward in conversation and ungraceful in his questions he asked me. The account manager who was tall and poised was a relief to me that there was someone competent there. He asked me a serious of questions and we concluded.

Interview Questions
No negotiation. I knew what I was getting at the time and was content with it.

Other Interview Reviews for Guardsmark

Security Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in July 2014.

The interview is ridiculous. I wish I had read reviews here on Glassdoor before showing myself at the first interview. Apparently they liked what they saw so I was invited for a second interview. What a disappointment . 567 questionnaire and some of the most intrusive questions about my life. I hate the company before I even start working.

Interview Questions
    • Asking me to provide a list of prescription medications I take is not acceptable.   Answer Question

I will not subject myself to a company that I intuitively suspect is abusive and unfair in its operations. I can find better employment elsewhere.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guardsmark.

Went for two interviews and I was being lied to.Drove an hour and twenty minutes wast of time.

Interview Questions

They would not tell me what was staring pay was and also they would not give me a written job agreement.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guardsmark.

An extensive background check was conducted after submitting a lengthy application. The interview consisted of fact checking and discussion of any experience that would have direct bearing on the position to be filled.

Interview Questions
    • Hypothetical question on character - adherence to policies if no one would know if you violated them in an interaction with a co worker.   View Answer
    An offer was made based on the starting wage provided by contract with the client company.

Security Officer Interview

The interview process at the time I applied was very detailed and thorough. If you have all your documents with you at the time of the interview, you will be sent out for drug screening and polygraph testing.

Interview Questions
    They basically, at that time, let you know what you would be doing, what your salary would be according to what site you are working at, and issue you your uniform.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Guardsmark in August 2013.

Overall the Interview was very relaxed and more of a conversation to get to know my overall personality.

Questions just covered my previous jobs held as well as my abilities and availability.

Interview Questions
    • There was a multiple choice personality test that asked some questions that might be viewed as inappropriate. An form agreeing to take the test was required to be signed before hand. This test is required to be taken by anyone wishing to be employed by Guardsmark.   Answer Question
    Negotiation on salary was not optional. Pay was set at a contracted amount based on the customer location.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in April 2013.

The actual interview process was relatively simple. I only had one interview with the branch manager and was offered a position on the spot. The job application process, however, was incredibly thorough. The amount of paperwork was tremendous. The long-form application was longer and more in-depth than the paperwork I had to complete to obtain a security clearance for the military. References, police records checks, etc... everything was very drawn out and took almost two weeks to complete.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was relatively informal. With my previous experience, I simply had to explain why I was going from an elevated position to a part-time officer position.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I was offered an hourly wage and accepted.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Guardsmark in January 2013.

I had a total of 3 interview and a week of paper work and since hired, never missed a night.

Interview Questions
    • Expectation that I would look for in my potion or potion I'm seeking.   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Guardsmark.

Very long process so just be patient

Interview Questions
    • Do you play with dolls? lol it is a psychological question!   Answer Question
    Be flexible to the scheduling!

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Guardsmark in August 2012.

Interview with HR Manager