Guess?

Getting the Interview

78 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details Applied through the guess website. Was contacted by phone and conducted a short phone interview. Was then invited to come into the office for an in person interview. Met with hr and potential supervisor, also had to fill out paper application while there. Was then called back to meet the manager. Was then given a lap top to take an excel test. Not very difficult, basic formatting and formulas but there were some trickier parts with tables. I suggest reviewing your excel skills before coming in. Received a follow up call a few days later saying that they would be reaching out to my references and doing a background check. Was then offered position through phone conversation. Everyone I met there seemed really nice. The receptionist was sweet, the manager had great style and the offices were beautiful.

Interview Question – I was surprised I had to take an excel test.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Although I liked the people I met, I found another opportunity that paid more.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details What have you implemented in your current role that has positively impacted the company? Who is your favorite designer? Have you used any of your friends discounts in the last year? What is your management style? What is your scheduling experience? Why Guess?

Interview Question – What was your biggest opportunity at your last position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be courageous but thoughtful when asking, inform yourself.. DMs have a lot of control with pay scale..

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Skokie, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in September 2013.

Interview Details I picked up an application in store and dropped it off the same day. They called me the next day and I went for an interview the following week. In less than a week they called me telling me that I got the job. I started working in about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – They had me pick an outfit for a girl and a boy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not negotiate.

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Guess? in August 2011.

Interview Details There were many situational questions about talking to and dealing with customers - difficult, angry, etc. Asked behavioural interview questions like tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. Explained the role and asked to go pick out and coordinate an outfit with accessories. There was also a phone questionnaire that had to be done with a number of yes/no questions.

Interview Question – Phone questionnaire was tricky because they would change the order of yes/no so you had to pay attention to the answers.   Answer Question

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details -Talk about your past experience
-Tell us about yourself
-What do you consider a good customer service?
-Why should we hire you?
-Why guess?
We had about 2 minutes to go around the store pick up an outfit or just a product and try to sell it to the manager.

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details Friendly chat. Not anything difficult.

Interview Question – Who is your fav celeb icon?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details First, second interview. Background screening

Interview Question – What do you feel is your biggest opportunity.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Go in with your high and know what is your lowest you'll take.

Co Manager Interview

Co Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guess? in May 2011.

Interview Details There was a lot of back and forth on the phone before a time and date was set. When I met with the Dm I was shocked at what she was wearing. I understand that Guess is fun, sexy and young but lets keep it classy. I was very distracted by her nails too. It was very quick and uneasy. It almost felt rehearsed.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question that was asked. I felt it was more about what I looked liked and what I was wearing.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details The interview was a group interview. The interview was very informal and there were about 10 of us who sat through a presentation and then were asked questions as a group. They opened the floor for candidates to try to perform a sales pitch based on clothes that they had sitting on a rack in the interview room.

Interview Question – Tell us the craziest thing you've ever done.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Guess? in October 2010.

Interview Details I went into the Guess store at my local mall and asked for an application. They didn't have any on hand so the Assistant Manager on duty asked the sales associated on the floor to go in the back and print one. I filled it out and returned it that same day. I received a call the following day asking if I could come in for an interview. I was interviewed 3 days later with that same Assistant Manager who gave me the application. The interview was very casual. It was really just a conversation allowing him to get to know me. A lot of the questions were about my hobbies, school, past experience and availability.

Interview Question – I do not remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay was set amount and hourly.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Guess?

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guess? interview questions and advice. All 78 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Guess? employees and interview candidates.