Guess? Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.4

Supervisor Interview

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Guess? in March 2012.

interview very laid back, if you are going for an interview with Guess? be prepared to answer questions on your personality, your experience but this isnt really the main focus of the interview, how you would deal with certain situations. They are very customer service focused learn the company!

Interview Questions
    • how would you cope with staff who didn't do as required   View Answer
    hours are long but the company is willing to negotiate dont be afraid to ask if you need anything

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in July 2014.

I met one of the managers at a job fair and she just did a brief interview with me asking me just a few questions (If I've had retail experience or not, where I previously worked, why I left) typical stuff just to get a feel for it. she didn't get back to me for a few weeks, but when she did I was offered a job as a sales associate. everything there is fast paced. I didn't need a second interview but I'm not sure how that goes if you just walk in and apply

Interview Questions
    • Did I know what my "color" was? there's a color test apparently and I took it upon being hired and it basically just lets others know how to work with you and what works with your personality   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

I was referred for an assistant position and the recruiter called me within 24 hours. We set up a Skype interview and the next day, she emailed me to set up an in person interview. When I arrived at their corporate office, the interviewers were half an hour late. When interviewing me, the hiring manager did not seem interested and her colleague proceeded to read out my resume, line by line, only to have me confirm that every word was true. I feel that the hiring managers would have greatly benefited from an interviewing workshop or something of the sort.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Guess? in August 2014.

Have my application to them on a Saturday, called me the following day for an interview that coming Tuesday. Interview lasted literally 2 minutes since the manager was in a hurry to find more employees. Asked me about my work experience and told me about expectations and what she needed. Asked me if I could do it and I said yes and she basically hired me on the spot. Background check took a day. Called me on Thursday to fill out paperwork and get started on training.

No negotiation

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Guess? in June 2010.

Hiring was conducted in a group of about ten people with one of the managers. A few general questions were asked for the entire group to answer at leisure (Questions like- how many different Guess stores are there? What are the latest fashions? Who is the CEO?). Knowing the answers to those questions gets you serious points in the interview. Then, everyone goes down in a row answering the exact same questions (why are you qualified for this job? what are your sales tactics? how will you succeed? why should we chose you out of this group?). Tips that I think help me get the job- I stayed after the group left to get a few words alone with the manager. I told her how important this job was to me, and I thanked her for the opportunity. Overall, do your research of the company before getting there if you want to be hired!!

Interview Questions
    • Who is the CEO? How much money does Guess make on average every year?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. I hardly understood what the manager was telling me- she was chewing gum and brought me to the area of the store where the music was blasting the loudest. I accepted the job without even knowing how much the salary would be, just because I was desperate at the time for employment. A word of advice- Guess stores are always very loud. Before beginning the negotiation process, ask to step outside, or be taken to the very back.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Guess? in January 2010.

Interview was from an employee-referral......
    Then received Phone call from recruiter.....
    Had two on-site interviews.....
    Offered position within two weeks via phone call....
    Started two weeks after that.
    The entire interview process was seamless and professional.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in April 2012.

Very simple, we ask you very basic questions, once you get to the end though make sure that you thank the interviewer for their time and you look forward to hearing from them soon. Also, we don't pay the best out there in the market but our discounts really make up for that.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you wanna work at GUESS? ? & what's your retail experience behind working with jeans.
      MAJOR QUESTION: What do you know about the company?
        Answer Question
    It was really non negotiable, so its either you like your compensation or not.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Guess?.

The hiring process was the basic layout I submitted my application a week and was called a week later they asked the usual Why do you want to work at Guess? What my availability was? What can I bring to Guess? Than the interview was done and they would call me if I got the ob. No call I was not offered a positon in August than 2 and a half months later they call me again and like would you like to be a seasonal employee. I agreed and left my old job. They thought I was crazy but I was determined to be a part time associate. I was hired as well with 20 other people and the holiday season ended and I was kept my SPH was the highest they have ever seen.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult is having another person next to you in a group interview and having to stare the spotlight.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in May 2013.

Applied online, received confirmation via email from HR to schedule phone interview. Completed phone interview with HR representative and was invited for an in-person interview in DTLA at their headquarters. Arrived on time and was told to fill out paperwork and look around. Actual in-person interview was done by 2 people separately. It was mostly conversation based and trying to get to know you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult came up, it really was all basic interview questions that you could google.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the hourly pay for interns is set as minimum wage

Co-Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Guess?.

Interviewed with the district manager who simply asked questions about my work experience and what I did at my current job on a day-to-day basis. I was surprised as they did not go into any further details.

Interview Questions

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!