Guess?

Getting the Interview

80 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details Interview took place in store, comfortable atmosphere, one on one with manager.

Interview Question – All pertained to fashion and customer service, there wasn't a question out of left field. What are you're favorite fashion blogs was one that I found interesting.   View Answer

Designer Interview

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details The most unprofessional process I have ever been in. I was scheduled to do a phone interview with the Creative Director and I waited nearly an hour and finally gave up. Her assistant never bothered calling. I am disgusted with the level of disrespect that is evident from higher management.

Interview Question – None because the interview never happened   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details Applied through the guess website. Was contacted by phone and conducted a short phone interview. Was then invited to come into the office for an in person interview. Met with hr and potential supervisor, also had to fill out paper application while there. Was then called back to meet the manager. Was then given a lap top to take an excel test. Not very difficult, basic formatting and formulas but there were some trickier parts with tables. I suggest reviewing your excel skills before coming in. Received a follow up call a few days later saying that they would be reaching out to my references and doing a background check. Was then offered position through phone conversation. Everyone I met there seemed really nice. The receptionist was sweet, the manager had great style and the offices were beautiful.

Interview Question – I was surprised I had to take an excel test.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Although I liked the people I met, I found another opportunity that paid more.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details What have you implemented in your current role that has positively impacted the company? Who is your favorite designer? Have you used any of your friends discounts in the last year? What is your management style? What is your scheduling experience? Why Guess?

Interview Question – What was your biggest opportunity at your last position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be courageous but thoughtful when asking, inform yourself.. DMs have a lot of control with pay scale..

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Skokie, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess? in September 2013.

Interview Details I picked up an application in store and dropped it off the same day. They called me the next day and I went for an interview the following week. In less than a week they called me telling me that I got the job. I started working in about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – They had me pick an outfit for a girl and a boy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not negotiate.

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Guess? in August 2011.

Interview Details There were many situational questions about talking to and dealing with customers - difficult, angry, etc. Asked behavioural interview questions like tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. Explained the role and asked to go pick out and coordinate an outfit with accessories. There was also a phone questionnaire that had to be done with a number of yes/no questions.

Interview Question – Phone questionnaire was tricky because they would change the order of yes/no so you had to pay attention to the answers.   Answer Question

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details -Talk about your past experience
-Tell us about yourself
-What do you consider a good customer service?
-Why should we hire you?
-Why guess?
We had about 2 minutes to go around the store pick up an outfit or just a product and try to sell it to the manager.

Interviewed at Guess?

Interview Details Friendly chat. Not anything difficult.

Interview Question – Who is your fav celeb icon?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Guess?.

Interview Details First, second interview. Background screening

Interview Question – What do you feel is your biggest opportunity.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Go in with your high and know what is your lowest you'll take.

Co Manager Interview

Co Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Guess? in May 2011.

Interview Details There was a lot of back and forth on the phone before a time and date was set. When I met with the Dm I was shocked at what she was wearing. I understand that Guess is fun, sexy and young but lets keep it classy. I was very distracted by her nails too. It was very quick and uneasy. It almost felt rehearsed.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question that was asked. I felt it was more about what I looked liked and what I was wearing.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Guess?

Worked for Guess?? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Guess? interview questions and advice. All 80 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Guess? employees and interview candidates.