Guess?

Updated 10 Dec 2014

2.1

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess?.

Interview process took one day. They immediately called to set up an interview. I was told they have a 3 interview process. Everyone was very nice and esaygoing. They are clearly looking for fashion forward people.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Guess?

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Guess? in October 2014.

I dropped off an application and resume on Monday and received a call from the manager on Friday. We scheduled an interview for the upcoming Monday and I was asked to dress as I would if I got the job. I wore dark skinny jeans with no logos or designs, a cut-out-shoulder button up shirt, and high boots. The interview took place outside of the store at a nearby table and the manager asked me standard fashion and sales questions for around 20 minutes. He called me back a few days later with a part-time offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a negative shopping experience you've had.   Answer Question

I was offered a full-time position elsewhere.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Guess? in September 2014.

Went thru two interviews, first of which was a group interview. It was fun. Until they laid off everyone as seasonal a after working one day. Only hired for Black Friday. Unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    They just called me to ask if I wanted a second interview. Then ongot the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Guess? in August 2014.

Have my application to them on a Saturday, called me the following day for an interview that coming Tuesday. Interview lasted literally 2 minutes since the manager was in a hurry to find more employees. Asked me about my work experience and told me about expectations and what she needed. Asked me if I could do it and I said yes and she basically hired me on the spot. Background check took a day. Called me on Thursday to fill out paperwork and get started on training.

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Guess?.

The hiring process was the basic layout I submitted my application a week and was called a week later they asked the usual Why do you want to work at Guess? What my availability was? What can I bring to Guess? Than the interview was done and they would call me if I got the ob. No call I was not offered a positon in August than 2 and a half months later they call me again and like would you like to be a seasonal employee. I agreed and left my old job. They thought I was crazy but I was determined to be a part time associate. I was hired as well with 20 other people and the holiday season ended and I was kept my SPH was the highest they have ever seen.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult is having another person next to you in a group interview and having to stare the spotlight.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Guess?.

-Talk about your past experience
    -Tell us about yourself
    -What do you consider a good customer service?
    -Why should we hire you?
    -Why guess?
    We had about 2 minutes to go around the store pick up an outfit or just a product and try to sell it to the manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Friendly chat. Not anything difficult.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Guess?.

The interview was rescheduled twice. The manager was not friendly at all. I was not comfortable talking to her. She also asked to walk to random people and make friends with them (awkward)..

Interview Questions

I don't like working with unfriendly people. It's always better to work in a good and a family alike group.

Look the Part
    The success of most retail stores is all about appearances: the look of the merchandise, the look of the store and, most importantly, the look of the people who work in the store. Dress for the interview in a manner similar to the people who work at the store. If you are interviewing for a job in a clothing store, wear the store's clothing. This tells a potential employer that you have not only done your research but also can speak honestly about the product to a customer.

Know the Product
    If you don't have experience with the product or don't currently use it, do some research. Go into the store and take a look at their product line. This will prepare you to answer questions in an interview. For most retail job interviews, particularly sales, you will be asked questions about the products in the store. Visit the company's website to learn about their product history or new products slated to be released.

Show Who You Are
    Retail is a fast-moving industry because there are so many competitors. Motivating a customer to purchase an item and return to your store can be difficult. Retailers are constantly hiring new staff due to high turnover. Show that you are up to the task by being enthusiastic during the interview. Allow your personality to show. Concentrate on your strengths; it's OK if you don't have experience in every area. For example, if you don't have an extensive amount of sales experience, focus on your customer service skills and your willingness to learn more about direct sales.

Sales Associate Interview

met at the mall and was very quick

no future