H&M

Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

Part Time Sales Advisor
London, England

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at H&M in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online with my CV and covering letter. I then received a phone call and was asked to attend a short interview. I had applied to H&M 36 times with no success. They asked the typical questions that revolves around retail. Why H&M? What are your preferable hours? How long can you take to get here? What skills do you have?

Interview Question – If you were to take control of the store, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Part-time Sales Advisor
Coventry, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at H&M in June 2010.

Interview Details Completed an online application form which was fairly simple and attached a CV. I was then invited to interview by email. 1 face to face interview which lasted around about 30 minutes. Two people were present a store manager who was asking the questions and department manager who just took notes.

Interview Question – what is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, I accepted the job offer when offered over the phone

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Birmingham, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in July 2013.

Interview Details I applied online, and was shortly contacted by a member of staff,via email,informing that I will receive a phone call by one of the managers.The first interview process would start with the call from the company managers asking me a few questions,then If I answered the questions correctly I would be asked to attended a meet up interview.

Interview Question – How do your personal skills,apply to the job role.   Answer Question

Full Time Sales Advisor Interview

Full Time Sales Advisor
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at H&M in February 2012.

Interview Details Applied online. I was called for a 1-to-1 interview and then another interview with the Manager.
After that process I waited 1 week and started working for the company in trial period for 3 months which decided whether I stay or not within the company.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? Typical question but always do not know what to say.
Millionaire as everyone!!!
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be yourself and be confident. Do not hesitate you are talking with your future employers. You cannot shut what you have inside. Show it off.

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor
London, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in August 2010.

Interview Details application on line, then if passed telephone call by HR, then formal interview

Interview Question – none really   View Answer

Negotiation Details – straight up offer of salary , no negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&M in March 2009.

Interview Details Telephone interview, 1st stage interview, second stage interview.

Interview Question – Basic competency based questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy. Asked for salary I wanted and got it.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Part-time Sales Advisor

I applied online and interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details After many online applications (and rejections) I finally got a phone call and arranged an interview. The interview selection process is kind of ridiculous, they just chose people at random for the interview so if you get a rejection email, keep applying.

The interview was approximately 20 minutes and easy. One of the women asked the questions and the other one wrote down your answers. We started off going through my CV, flexibility and they asked me to talk about my past work experience. After that, they started asking me questions like

1. Why did you chose to apply at H&M (mention their collaborations with different designers, they will love that)
2. Did you apply at other jobs and why would you pick H&M if you get other offers?
3. Describe the best customer service (they want you to tell them how you will treat customers from the moment they walk in until they walk out)

They gave me different scenarios that could happen at the store and how would I deal with them.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got a phone call saying that I was offered a job.

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in June 2013.

Interview Details Filled out an application form online, 1-2 weeks later I was then asked to come in for an interview with the store manager. The manager then asked me the normal questions, which turned into a general chat about my past experience in work. She made the interview seem more relaxed, which helped A LOT.

Interview Question – Elaborate more on how your Mum's multitasking reflected onto you   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor
London, England

The process took a day - interviewed at H&M in September 2011.

Interview Details Friday was the day i applied for a sales assitaint job.it wasnt the first time i applied for H&M and was very shocked when i heard a reply so quickly. on the wednesday i recieved the call from the hr depatment and arranged an interview in 2days time on a friday which was exactly a week from when i applied for it .i turned up 15 miutes early but the store opened the exact time as my interview so i found myself waiting outside until i could meet the workers and find out where the interview will be.

I waited in the staff room for around 15 minutes whilst the manger setup i tried to have some friendly conversation with the staff there but was still quite nervouse.i finally got my 1:1 interview with manager and i was aked questions like

what qualities do you think an H&M sales advisor should have?
do you know about the H&M lines?

i felt pretty confident with all the answers i gave but i was worried when he explained that he a had another 6 people to interview and that he would be in touch with in a weeks time.he said he would contact either through phone call or e-mail

4 days later i recieved a phone call with good news that i had got the job.and i am now to start in a weeks time.

Interview Question – whats your flexibility?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – he told me the salary the bonuses and holidays and i can say i am so impressed it seemed to good to be true.

Department Supervisor Interview

Department Supervisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at H&M in July 2014.

Interview Details I first had a phone interview with a recruiter I met thru LinkedIn and a few weeks after that she invited me to a meet and greet networking event. It was corporate members as well as local store managers. I spoke to everyone and filled out background check and did mini interviews. About a week later, I received a call from one of the managers to come in for a formal interview. Then about a week later she called me to come in again and I was offered the job. All in all the process probably took a little over a month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I wanted more than the initial offer because of the distance from home and work and I was granted a little more.

Worked for H&M? Contribute to the Community!