H&M

Relevance Date Difficulty

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

Part Time Sales Advisor
London, England

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at H&M in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online with my CV and covering letter. I then received a phone call and was asked to attend a short interview. I had applied to H&M 36 times with no success. They asked the typical questions that revolves around retail. Why H&M? What are your preferable hours? How long can you take to get here? What skills do you have?

Interview Question – If you were to take control of the store, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Coventry, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at H&M in June 2010.

Interview Details Completed an online application form which was fairly simple and attached a CV. I was then invited to interview by email. 1 face to face interview which lasted around about 30 minutes. Two people were present a store manager who was asking the questions and department manager who just took notes.

Interview Question – what is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, I accepted the job offer when offered over the phone

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Birmingham, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in July 2013.

Interview Details I applied online, and was shortly contacted by a member of staff,via email,informing that I will receive a phone call by one of the managers.The first interview process would start with the call from the company managers asking me a few questions,then If I answered the questions correctly I would be asked to attended a meet up interview.

Interview Question – How do your personal skills,apply to the job role.   Answer Question

Full Time Sales Advisor Interview

Full Time Sales Advisor
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at H&M in February 2012.

Interview Details Applied online. I was called for a 1-to-1 interview and then another interview with the Manager.
After that process I waited 1 week and started working for the company in trial period for 3 months which decided whether I stay or not within the company.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? Typical question but always do not know what to say.
Millionaire as everyone!!!
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be yourself and be confident. Do not hesitate you are talking with your future employers. You cannot shut what you have inside. Show it off.

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor
London, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in August 2010.

Interview Details application on line, then if passed telephone call by HR, then formal interview

Interview Question – none really   View Answer

Negotiation Details – straight up offer of salary , no negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&M in March 2009.

Interview Details Telephone interview, 1st stage interview, second stage interview.

Interview Question – Basic competency based questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy. Asked for salary I wanted and got it.

Part-time Sales Advisor

I applied online and interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details After many online applications (and rejections) I finally got a phone call and arranged an interview. The interview selection process is kind of ridiculous, they just chose people at random for the interview so if you get a rejection email, keep applying.

The interview was approximately 20 minutes and easy. One of the women asked the questions and the other one wrote down your answers. We started off going through my CV, flexibility and they asked me to talk about my past work experience. After that, they started asking me questions like

1. Why did you chose to apply at H&M (mention their collaborations with different designers, they will love that)
2. Did you apply at other jobs and why would you pick H&M if you get other offers?
3. Describe the best customer service (they want you to tell them how you will treat customers from the moment they walk in until they walk out)

They gave me different scenarios that could happen at the store and how would I deal with them.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got a phone call saying that I was offered a job.

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in June 2013.

Interview Details Filled out an application form online, 1-2 weeks later I was then asked to come in for an interview with the store manager. The manager then asked me the normal questions, which turned into a general chat about my past experience in work. She made the interview seem more relaxed, which helped A LOT.

Interview Question – Elaborate more on how your Mum's multitasking reflected onto you   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor
London, England

The process took a day - interviewed at H&M in September 2011.

Interview Details Friday was the day i applied for a sales assitaint job.it wasnt the first time i applied for H&M and was very shocked when i heard a reply so quickly. on the wednesday i recieved the call from the hr depatment and arranged an interview in 2days time on a friday which was exactly a week from when i applied for it .i turned up 15 miutes early but the store opened the exact time as my interview so i found myself waiting outside until i could meet the workers and find out where the interview will be.

I waited in the staff room for around 15 minutes whilst the manger setup i tried to have some friendly conversation with the staff there but was still quite nervouse.i finally got my 1:1 interview with manager and i was aked questions like

what qualities do you think an H&M sales advisor should have?
do you know about the H&M lines?

i felt pretty confident with all the answers i gave but i was worried when he explained that he a had another 6 people to interview and that he would be in touch with in a weeks time.he said he would contact either through phone call or e-mail

4 days later i recieved a phone call with good news that i had got the job.and i am now to start in a weeks time.

Interview Question – whats your flexibility?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – he told me the salary the bonuses and holidays and i can say i am so impressed it seemed to good to be true.

Pasadena, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in July 2014.

Interview Details This is a detailed review on my interview experience with H&M. I hope this helps someone out there looking to apply with H&M as I strongly encourage you do so after my interview process and a brief introduction into the company. There seems to be a lot of growth and opportunities provided if you work hard enough and show your interest.

I applied recently on June 21, 2014.

Phone Interview and The Interview Process -
There was a phone interview before receiving an invitation to come in for a first interview. I applied online before this whole process (of course). And you must be at least 18 so I applied practically after my 18th birthday. The first interview was between the store director who I spoke with on the phone and a supervisor who was there to take notes and observe. I wore something semi-formal to feel comfortable, but to look put together. They emphasize on individualism and creativity; so don't be afraid to really show them your true personality and of course style. Also, there isn't a strict dress code so that's a major plus and you are allowed to have piercings and tattoos, but as an employee its always best to look presentable and not like you rolled out of bed straight to work. Back to the interview. The first interview lasted 15 minutes which was pretty short considering I arrived early (15 minutes) and was called in at the time the interview was supposed to be held and then was asked nearly the same questions on the phone. So I again felt repetitive but now they could put my face to my answers and probably noticed the consistency in my responses because honesty is key.
After my interview I went to hang out around the area and received a call 2-3 hours after the interview to schedule the second interview. Since it was fourth of July weekend I already had prior engagements to be out of town and they decided to do the second interview the next day which I was more than happy to get it out of the way and it made me more excited to speak to the store manager and it was one step closer to a job.
The second interview was practically similar to the first. I felt like I was just as comfortable and was asked yet again the same questions and surprisingly was not thrown any hard balls. I felt like I made a good impression on the store manager and I was complemented on a couple of my responses as I made sure I mentioned how excited I was to be working here and I liked to stay organize and eventually dabble in Visual Merchandising if I stayed with the company. She liked my responses and told me after another 15 minute interview that she'd call me after Monday or Tuesday once she spoke with the two other managers who interviewed me.

Job Offer -
I wasn't called back on Monday which started to make me doubt on getting the job and I made sure I called Tuesday to make sure I didn't let the job slip away and I wanted to be as fresh in their mind as possible. And as promised the store manager knew she was supposed to respond back to me but she put me on hold again and I received a call from the store director asking me to come in on July 10th for a job offer! So the whole process took about two weeks to actually get a job with them, which I was really fortunate on not be put on hold as I read some people dont hear back for weeks or months. Its smart to be consistent and a bit aggressive to show your interest and your passion for which ever position you may be going for. I filled out all the paper work on the 10th and signed on how much I would be paid and was told when training and my official employment would begin. I start the 22nd of July and training was said to last for two weeks.

Pay & Other Benefits -
The pay was definitely above minimum for my area. Minimum being $9. And I was unaware of the exact pay until the day I came in to sign my contract. I was actually planning on negotiating pay because of my previous work experience and my 'skill level' which I dont know if that matters or not when negotiating but after further research the glassdoor estimation for pay is pretty accurate. It was above what I was going to ask for which pleased me and I did not need to argue, Also they do pay for overtime which my last job did not, but apparently its very rare there. I was not explained discounts or any of the benefits that came with the job probably because I'm part time for now and it might be explained while training, but I looked up discounts out of curiosity and saw it was 25% which is pretty good I guess, and with benefits and higher than average pay there can't be much to complain about.

* I'm sorry for how long this was and how I went off topic a lot, but I was as detailed as possible on my personal experience and I hope this eases some minds for people who want to be a part of the H&M team.. I know I have some friends who don't actually enjoy H&M but I think they're a pretty great company and place to be working.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate because the pay was much higher than expected.

Worked for H&M? Contribute to the Community!