H&M

168 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Advisor Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in August 2010.

Interview Details application on line, then if passed telephone call by HR, then formal interview

Interview Question – none really   View Answer

Negotiation Details – straight up offer of salary , no negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&M in March 2009.

Interview Details Telephone interview, 1st stage interview, second stage interview.

Interview Question – Basic competency based questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy. Asked for salary I wanted and got it.

Part-time Sales Advisor

I applied online and interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details After many online applications (and rejections) I finally got a phone call and arranged an interview. The interview selection process is kind of ridiculous, they just chose people at random for the interview so if you get a rejection email, keep applying.

The interview was approximately 20 minutes and easy. One of the women asked the questions and the other one wrote down your answers. We started off going through my CV, flexibility and they asked me to talk about my past work experience. After that, they started asking me questions like

1. Why did you chose to apply at H&M (mention their collaborations with different designers, they will love that)
2. Did you apply at other jobs and why would you pick H&M if you get other offers?
3. Describe the best customer service (they want you to tell them how you will treat customers from the moment they walk in until they walk out)

They gave me different scenarios that could happen at the store and how would I deal with them.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got a phone call saying that I was offered a job.

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in June 2013.

Interview Details Filled out an application form online, 1-2 weeks later I was then asked to come in for an interview with the store manager. The manager then asked me the normal questions, which turned into a general chat about my past experience in work. She made the interview seem more relaxed, which helped A LOT.

Interview Question – Elaborate more on how your Mum's multitasking reflected onto you   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor
London, England

The process took a day - interviewed at H&M in September 2011.

Interview Details Friday was the day i applied for a sales assitaint job.it wasnt the first time i applied for H&M and was very shocked when i heard a reply so quickly. on the wednesday i recieved the call from the hr depatment and arranged an interview in 2days time on a friday which was exactly a week from when i applied for it .i turned up 15 miutes early but the store opened the exact time as my interview so i found myself waiting outside until i could meet the workers and find out where the interview will be.

I waited in the staff room for around 15 minutes whilst the manger setup i tried to have some friendly conversation with the staff there but was still quite nervouse.i finally got my 1:1 interview with manager and i was aked questions like

what qualities do you think an H&M sales advisor should have?
do you know about the H&M lines?

i felt pretty confident with all the answers i gave but i was worried when he explained that he a had another 6 people to interview and that he would be in touch with in a weeks time.he said he would contact either through phone call or e-mail

4 days later i recieved a phone call with good news that i had got the job.and i am now to start in a weeks time.

Interview Question – whats your flexibility?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – he told me the salary the bonuses and holidays and i can say i am so impressed it seemed to good to be true.

Bratislava (Slovakia)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at H&M in June 2013.

Interview Details I responded to a job add online on hm.com. Short after that, a department manager called me, and invited me for interview. On the phone, they were already asking basic question, like if I can work night shifts and weather I can take weekend shift, and if I can work full time or part time. During the interview, I was responding to visual merchandiser and department manager. It was very relaxed, they were both funny and nice looking people, so I wasn't nervous at all. One thing - they tended to point out, that the job is really hard, and that they are fed up with it sometimes. They were quite impressed, when I was talking about company's history, so I got that going for me. At the end of interview, they just told me, they will let me know and 3 days later, they called me, that I have been hired.

Interview Question – If your co-worker was sweaty and smelly, would you tell him/her? If so, then how?   Answer Question

Shopfitter Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in January 2011.

Interview Details Unorthodox interview process to date. First interview was an impromptu interview over the phone. Second interview was with the regional head office via skype. Both interviewers were pleasant and down to earth.

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at H&M in May 2012.

Interview Details A telephone interview, 3 other interviews, and a background check

Interview Question – When is a time you hard a difficult customer, and how did you handle them?   View Answer

Business Trainee Interview

Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in March 2014.

Interview Details I was a participant at an interview day. it started of with a one on one interview where they asked about what shaped me as a kid, my interests and CV related questions. Then we went on to case solutions, where there were 5 different cases. the first was what three advices would you give our CEO, then there were two numerical cases, pretty basic. After that we got a plan over a h&m store and we had to give our input on how it could look better. Lastly strategic case question. After the case session we had a group interview where questions like what are you most proud of? what has been hurdle in your life that you have overcome? what was your favorite subject at uni? and least favorite and why? They were very nice and welcoming. Moving on there were some tests, like numerical and logical and after that interviews one on one again with a bc.

Interview Question – three advices to our CEO. A cardigan is 299, we can lower it to 249 and then we will get a discount at the dealer with 20% so the new buying price will be 150. how much do we have to sell to break even and should we make the deal?   Answer Question

Business Trainee Interview

I applied online and interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details Group interview with one part of case, one personialty and one achivments

Interview Question – What kind of values had you brouht from home?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at H&M

Worked for H&M? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H&M interview questions and advice. All 168 interview reviews are posted anonymously by H&M employees and interview candidates.