H&M

Updated 21 Feb 2015

2.5

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M.

Présentation 10min on the company than video " in the Life of a sales advisor at Zara"
    Than some one from the company asked 2 questions in a 1 to 1 interview . The recrutement process was a joke. They didn't tried to get to know the applicants

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romford, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romford, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M in January 2015.

I applied online on the 19/1/15 and heard back on 28/1/15 so very quick. The interview over the phone was very quick and simple. I have now been asked to come I to the store for a 1-1 interview.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at H&M.

Applied online to UK store and didn't hear anything back for maybe 2 weeks. Got phone call from the store manager and had a short interview asking questions like why h&m, my availability, what do you know about company, previous work experience. Was asked to come in for store interview. Pretty standard questions again why would i be a good fit, experience, availability, what do you know about company how many hours would you work. I was then invited back for a trial shift which included doing delivery, fitting rooms and some sales floor work. Offered job on spot after this.

Interview Questions
    • Describe yourself in two words, why should we hire you   Answer Question
    None

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M in November 2014.

It was a phone interview asking the usual what does great customer service mean to you? Do you shop in h and m? Who is your role model? Why did you apply for h and m?

Sale Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at H&M in October 2014.

I applied online and I received a call after two days where they invited me for an interview in the Oxford Circus store (that was the first stage of the process).
    The interview was with two really nice and friendly ladies,everything was very unformal, and they basically asked me questions about myself and my past jobs like : '' Tell me something about your role in your previous job'' . The interview lasted about 20 minutes.
    I received a call that I passed the interview after 1 week and they invited me for the second and last stage of the process that was a trial shift in a store.
    I went to the shop where I spent 2 hours on the shopfloor and in the fitting rooms,they didn't asked me any questions at all . What they wanted to see was a friendly and enthusiastic person both with customers and colleagues.
    At the end of the shift the manager told me that I was going to have the job but I had to wait for a call to confirm that.I received the call after 4 days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how your previous experiences could help you to work in H&M   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at H&M in September 2014.

I applied online.I was called to come in for an interview at Oxford Street.the interview was kinda relaxed.I know I did my best,at the end I asked if I would get a feedback if successful or not?I was told I would.it's about 3weeks now and still no reply.

Part Time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at H&M in July 2014.

I applied online with my CV and covering letter. I then received a phone call and was asked to attend a short interview. I had applied to H&M 36 times with no success. They asked the typical questions that revolves around retail. Why H&M? What are your preferable hours? How long can you take to get here? What skills do you have?

Interview Questions
    • If you were to take control of the store, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Part Time Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M in November 2013.

Applied online, got a call back inviting me for an interview a week later. Interview with a floor manager, not too formal or daunting. Prepared by learning about the company, campaigns and values etc. Wasn't asked any impossible questions. Helps to be bubbly and chatty with interviewer, think that's what got me the job more than anything as I had barely any experience. Focus completely on importance of customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Examples of when you experienced bad/good customer service.... and give a time you gave excellent customer service.   View Answer

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at H&M.

After many online applications (and rejections) I finally got a phone call and arranged an interview. The interview selection process is kind of ridiculous, they just chose people at random for the interview so if you get a rejection email, keep applying.

The interview was approximately 20 minutes and easy. One of the women asked the questions and the other one wrote down your answers. We started off going through my CV, flexibility and they asked me to talk about my past work experience. After that, they started asking me questions like

1. Why did you chose to apply at H&M (mention their collaborations with different designers, they will love that)
    2. Did you apply at other jobs and why would you pick H&M if you get other offers?
    3. Describe the best customer service (they want you to tell them how you will treat customers from the moment they walk in until they walk out)

They gave me different scenarios that could happen at the store and how would I deal with them.

Interview Questions
    Got a phone call saying that I was offered a job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at H&M in July 2013.

I applied online, and was shortly contacted by a member of staff,via email,informing that I will receive a phone call by one of the managers.The first interview process would start with the call from the company managers asking me a few questions,then If I answered the questions correctly I would be asked to attended a meet up interview.