H&M

165 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Advisor Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in August 2010.

Interview Details application on line, then if passed telephone call by HR, then formal interview

Interview Question – none really   View Answer

Negotiation Details – straight up offer of salary , no negotiation

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at H&M in March 2009.

Interview Details Telephone interview, 1st stage interview, second stage interview.

Interview Question – Basic competency based questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy. Asked for salary I wanted and got it.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Part-time Sales Advisor

I applied online and interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details After many online applications (and rejections) I finally got a phone call and arranged an interview. The interview selection process is kind of ridiculous, they just chose people at random for the interview so if you get a rejection email, keep applying.

The interview was approximately 20 minutes and easy. One of the women asked the questions and the other one wrote down your answers. We started off going through my CV, flexibility and they asked me to talk about my past work experience. After that, they started asking me questions like

1. Why did you chose to apply at H&M (mention their collaborations with different designers, they will love that)
2. Did you apply at other jobs and why would you pick H&M if you get other offers?
3. Describe the best customer service (they want you to tell them how you will treat customers from the moment they walk in until they walk out)

They gave me different scenarios that could happen at the store and how would I deal with them.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got a phone call saying that I was offered a job.

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in June 2013.

Interview Details Filled out an application form online, 1-2 weeks later I was then asked to come in for an interview with the store manager. The manager then asked me the normal questions, which turned into a general chat about my past experience in work. She made the interview seem more relaxed, which helped A LOT.

Interview Question – Elaborate more on how your Mum's multitasking reflected onto you   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor
London, England

The process took a day - interviewed at H&M in September 2011.

Interview Details Friday was the day i applied for a sales assitaint job.it wasnt the first time i applied for H&M and was very shocked when i heard a reply so quickly. on the wednesday i recieved the call from the hr depatment and arranged an interview in 2days time on a friday which was exactly a week from when i applied for it .i turned up 15 miutes early but the store opened the exact time as my interview so i found myself waiting outside until i could meet the workers and find out where the interview will be.

I waited in the staff room for around 15 minutes whilst the manger setup i tried to have some friendly conversation with the staff there but was still quite nervouse.i finally got my 1:1 interview with manager and i was aked questions like

what qualities do you think an H&M sales advisor should have?
do you know about the H&M lines?

i felt pretty confident with all the answers i gave but i was worried when he explained that he a had another 6 people to interview and that he would be in touch with in a weeks time.he said he would contact either through phone call or e-mail

4 days later i recieved a phone call with good news that i had got the job.and i am now to start in a weeks time.

Interview Question – whats your flexibility?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – he told me the salary the bonuses and holidays and i can say i am so impressed it seemed to good to be true.

Business Trainee Interview

Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in March 2014.

Interview Details I was a participant at an interview day. it started of with a one on one interview where they asked about what shaped me as a kid, my interests and CV related questions. Then we went on to case solutions, where there were 5 different cases. the first was what three advices would you give our CEO, then there were two numerical cases, pretty basic. After that we got a plan over a h&m store and we had to give our input on how it could look better. Lastly strategic case question. After the case session we had a group interview where questions like what are you most proud of? what has been hurdle in your life that you have overcome? what was your favorite subject at uni? and least favorite and why? They were very nice and welcoming. Moving on there were some tests, like numerical and logical and after that interviews one on one again with a bc.

Interview Question – three advices to our CEO. A cardigan is 299, we can lower it to 249 and then we will get a discount at the dealer with 20% so the new buying price will be 150. how much do we have to sell to break even and should we make the deal?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Visual Merchandiser Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M in June 2010.

Interview Details PHONE INTERVIEW AND TWO IN PERSONS.

Negotiation Details – I was actually surprised at the amount they offered me. It was two dollars over my asking. so I didn't negotiate. But i have heard from others that negotiating is difficult with this company.

Business Trainee Interview

I applied online and interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details Group interview with one part of case, one personialty and one achivments

Interview Question – What kind of values had you brouht from home?   Answer Question

Business Controller Interview

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at H&M.

Interview Details Group interview at H&M office

Interview Question – 1. What are suppliers' expectations?
2. What suggestions would you give to H&M's CEO?
  Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Denver, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at H&M in June 2013.

Interview Details My initial interview was over the phone with a recruiter in L.A. The interview went well and the recruiter was easy to talk to and outgoing. He then scheduled me for an in person interview about 3 days later
When I first reached the store, I was surprised how busy it was. When I found a sales associate to tell me I was there for an interview, he complemented me on being on time. However, the manager was not. He had apparently written down the wrong time for our interview (should have been a sign) and I had to wait around for 30 minutes.
The interview was pretty basic. First you have to fill out a basic background check. He asked me about my previous jobs, what retail experience I had. He then asked how I would deal with difficult customers and difficult situation. Basic retail interview. I felt I did really well and he told me he would contact me in a few days. However, I never heard anything; not even a sorry you didn't get the job. I am convinced they do not hire anyone over 30, that's the only reason I'm sure I didn't get the job-I have years of experience.

Interview Question – Are you okay with moving between working in the back room and working on the floor?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at H&M

Worked for H&M? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at H&M interview questions and advice. All 165 interview reviews are posted anonymously by H&M employees and interview candidates.