HCL Technologies Business Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

7 interviews

3.2

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Call from recruiter who passed my contact info to HCL America manager. Manager called to schedule an interview. Interviewed for the position by phone. Passed on to another manager for phone interview. Offered the position.

Interview Questions
  • Typical interview questions and those specific to the experience required for the job.   Answer Question
After I negotiated the salary, another person identifying himself as HR manager called to renegotiate the salary for $5K less. Proved to be an annoyance since the recruiter already indicated the salary. I declined to discuss it further with the guy. Later I was made aware that I left $25k on the table. My advice: always start at the end of the range no matter what.

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Campus recruitment, 1 HR and 1 Technical
    No Group discussion.
    Technical - to check Business Analyst skills, basic finance question.
    HR- Location flexibility, goals, expectation from work, people whom I would like working with

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2012.

Technical interview followed by HR round

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at HCL Technologies in March 2010.

First find a contact within the company. Second, attend the interview arranged by him.

Interview Questions
    Discuss the compensation with the HR person

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2010.

There will be three rounds of interview. First two by domain people and third by HR. 1st round interviewers have a guideline that nothing should be asked out of your resume. So, dont bluff anything on your resume. Dont giveout things on your resume on which you can not answer!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such. If you moving from other industry to here (IT), for sure you will get the question 'why do you want to move to IT'   Answer Question
    It was almost 2 months from my final round of interview to get offer letter.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Greater Noida (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Greater Noida (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in December 2012.

After Presentation there was GD with general topics on innovation followed by 2 set of interviews. one was technical and other was HR.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in April 2010.

One telephonic round and one Face to face round

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to get transferred to domestic location.   View Answer

Didnt want to get transferred to domestic location

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!