HCL Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.9

Global Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

They visited my campus. Conducted 2 interviews inhouse. Invited me to have the final round with the director in London. Location changed to Watford the night before. Interviewed with the director. Simple competency based interview. Didn't hear from them for 2 months,inspite of repeated emails to HR. HR replies saying there will be another round in their london office. no communication after that. a month and few emails later, HR said they will not hire me for this role. No Process. No professionalish

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at HCL Technologies in May 2014.

FTC - Service desk
    Two stage interview - Telephone and face to face.

Passed both interviews and was offer a job at a media company - only for it to be "postponed" three days later due to a job freeze. then received a call a week later to tell the position is now available.

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult about the questions asked - tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

If they can mess me about before I even got the job , what chance do I have after?!

Transformation/Change Management Consultant (Graduate) Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Graduate position - Change Management Consultant. Interview process very simple, telephone interview followed by an assessment centre. Telephone interview pretty standard, just going through CV and was asked questions like why HCL, and why consulting, why this position etc.

Assessment centre was a case study given on the spot followed by an interview. The case study was based around a company who had bought an IT implementation from HCL but have not purchased any business consulting, so you have to sell Change Management as a service HCL can offer to the programme director.

This involved doing a 5-10 minute presentation and a written exercise (which was an e-mail summarising your presentation to the programme director). You have 30 minutes to prepare for both. There are 3 main areas to cover: What is change management, What services can HCL offer and how can you get good Value from implementing Change Management.

Interview Questions
    • What specific areas of change management interest you and what area would you like to go into; go into detail.   Answer Question

On campus interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2012.

Terrible.

First interview was a telephone interview with HCL. A certain Watford based recruitment manager, Mr SS, also made a long list of false promises.

Second interview was at the customers site - then an offer was made the same day. All of the terms we had verbally agreed were changed within being onsite for 6 months - the contract only said it's all at managers discretion, so couldn't go further forward with it.

Again - lots of false hope and promises of bonuses, sick pay and holiday that was taken away. All seems to be the same problem with the same recruiting manager.

Interview Questions
    • How have you failed to deliver a customers expectation?   Answer Question
    Terrible negotiation phase - agreed to everything I asked for, but later removed it. Contracts are generic with statutory minimums and state "Any enhancement or uplift is at managers discretion"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

took place over 2 Interviews:

Interview 1: Telephone interview
    Quite technical, I nailed it as the questions were fairly standard.
    "How would you configure an SAN disk in vxvm?" , questions around Solaris Virtualisaiton, etc..
    When I tried to ask questions about the role, the interviewer didn't seem very ready to elaborate on answers he gave. He gave me the impression he either wasn't happy working for the firm or could have been that he wasn't accustomed to interviewing.

interview 2: face to face
    This was more of a competency interview with a technical manager. Questions were nothing taxing.
    "tell me about yourself"
    "tell me about an event where you had set a customer expectation but then could not deliver?"
    "what do you understand about ITIL?"
    During the interview the manager would occasionally take phone calls on his blackberry mobile, and on one occasion checked his email. I thought it was a bit rude.

They offered me the job a few days later.

2 days after the job offer they then called me to say that there had been a mistake on the amount specified in the salary and that the role was paying £5K less.
    I wasn't prepared to budge on the Salary reduction so they agreed to the original amount, on the basis that I would get no bonuses.

I accepted the terms.

A few days later, the recruitment manger at HCL called me and asked if I would be prepared to accept the role as 1 year contract with the option to go permanent afterwards.

I wasn't prepared to take the 1 year contract, so after a day or so he back tracked to the original offer.

A few days afterwards, the same Recruitment manager called me again asking if I would be prepared to relocate to Manchester or Leeds for the role. This was now becoming silly, every couple of days they seemed to want to change terms. I explained that I was not looking to move to the North of England as my life and commitments were in the south.

At this point I should have walked away from this.. but foolishly I carried on giving them the benefit of the doubt.*

I eventually (2 and a half weeks after the original offer had been made) received the offer letter and employment contract, which I signed and sent back upon 2 days of receipt.
    I then resigned from the job I had at the time.

The morning after I'd resigned from my job and posted the documents to HCL, I received a VM message from the HCL recruitment manager informing me that they were revoking the job offer because they had found someone else who was prepared to relocate.

This was utterly devastating! I felt completely messed about.

Luckily for me, the employer I had resigned from was prepared to give me my job back.

HCL then had the audacity to call me a week later to tell me they were looking for a different role to fit me in their organisation. I obviously told him where he could stick his job!

Beware of this company, especially if dealing with a certain Watford-based HCL Recruitment Manager. You know who you are Mr SS.

Interview Questions
    • None - it was fairly simple process. See detail above.   Answer Question
    It was diabolical. They found them highly unprofessional.
    I've had better experiences haggling with a market trader.

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Technical round,Manager round and HR round.
    Asked Testing process,Development model,STLC,Defect tracking tool,defect types,Defect analysis,reports preparation,Enhancement testing,Regarding build and release,about CTF,Share point,Loadrunner,Measurements,counters,Run time settings,controller,Ramup and ramp down,Pacing,Thinktime,Throughput,Hits per second,cuncorrent users,rendones point,miscelanious,IP Sfoping,Scedule by scenario,group by scenario,overlay group,difference between think time and responce time.

Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2014.

I cleared first round of interview for QTP profile that took near an hour. In first round interviewer asked good number of technical questions and I answered 90% of them correct.

In second round interviewer asked only one question which was totally out of my profile. He did not asked any question after the first one and only because I was the third person came from my current organization (he already interviewed two who were from my organization and he selected both of them asking no question out profile), he gave my negative feedback. He did not give me any chance to answer any question except first (which was last question from his side).

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

written test,Group discussion, personal interview which mostly was concentrated on knowing about us and some questions on the engineering topics and questions depend upon the stream you belong and then some of the written exams were conducted before giving the joining again for our batch

Interview Questions
    • being electronics engineer questions were based on communication and electronic devices   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at HCL Technologies.

There are three rounds of interview first round is just a simple, normal introduction round in which candidate would be sitting in a group and HR would take interview one by one and second round would be a teliphonic round in which they again check communication skills over the phone and the last round would be operation round technical round

Interview Questions
    • There was no question which I would say difficult they simply ask about yourself and some common technical question   Answer Question

Worked for HCL Technologies? Contribute to the Community!