HSBC Holdings

Telephone interview
AC

Data Management/Procurement Interview

London, England

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in February 2012.

Interview Details Onboarding process is mostly offshored and is poor. Typical questions about strengths and weaknesses, situations when you excelled or was faced with a difficult situation should be expected

Interview Question – questions on technical skills related to job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Expect a lower salary band than other tier 1 investement houses

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interviewed at HSBC Holdings

Interview Details Application online-Phone interview-Background check-Face-to-face interview

Interview Question – There was no difficult questions but more about scenario and competency based questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – salary

Very Easy Interview

Global Procurement Strategy Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2014.

Interview Details First applied was sent an online assessment. Passed the assessment, then received an email saying as i didnt bother completing the test I would not go through to next round! Then I called to complain about their system not working, then they arranged what they called an interview, but what really was a psychological examination and sarcastic then had some type of extreme formal telephone psychological interrogation that they called an interview. It sounded like they were clearly looking for reasons NOT to hire you. But thats not an interview, also they asked allot of personal questions. Sorry but my whole view of HSBC as a bank is totally changed now. They called to talk after but i was just not interested anymore. Remember an interview is a two way process, your also assessing them.

Interview Question – They try and get into your head and inflate anything that may remotely be a sign that your human.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Far too many personal questions, and the interiew smake you feel like your waiting in line at mcdonalds. its all black and white with HSBC nothing is realistic questions. I think every major company has the same problems, too big to see their problems.

Commercial Banking Officer Interview

I interviewed at HSBC Holdings in December 2013.

Interview Details Applied online and did numerical and verbal reasoning tests fairly quickly. Got through to telephone interview which was only competency based questions and I thought it went OK but at the end of the 40 minutes she told me I had not been selected to go further.

Interview Question – How have you gone above and beyond for someone   Answer Question

Corporate Banking Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in March 2014.

Interview Details I have just passed the online assessment which consists of first personality test- pretty simple just giving you cases and asking you to choose what you would do for particular situations. then second test was a numerical one- mainly statistical.

I have arranged a telephone interview next week, does anyone know what sort of questions are going to be asked for corporate banking graduate scheme? its for April start.

Interview Question – nothing particularly hard, I think mainly have the three value in mind- being open dependable and connected when answering questions.   View Answer

Retail Banking and Wealth Management Graduate Programmer Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview Details No cover letter needed, then online assessment tests, then behavioural phone interview (make sure you know HSBC's core values: open, connected and dependable), then a one day assessment centre held at HQ. They are looking for people, who are really enthusiastic about HSBC and show outstanding leadership qualities. Educational background does not matter much.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you have influenced someone   Answer Question

Associate Interview

London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2012.

Interview Details Interview process was pretty straightforward and well organized. However, HR was all over the place - several mistakes on contract and hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Which is your view on how the international economy will evolve in the next year?   View Answer
  • How do banks make money?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not allowed any negotiation on salary. I managed to negotiate housing aid.

Wealth Risk Manager Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in September 2013.

Interview Details The whole process was very structured, starting with my online application. This was followed by online verbal and numerical reasoning tests, then a telephone based interview, and then a formal 1:1 interview, where I was asked to answer a number of 'criteria based' questions. There was one interviewer and one note taker. Efficient,professional and swift follow up

Interview Question – Give an example of a situation where you have personally identified a business risk and personally implemented a solution to mitigate that risk.   Answer Question

COLLECTIONS ADVISOR Interview

Solihull, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at HSBC Holdings in January 2014.

Interview Details Filled out the form on their tallyo website. Received direct message to take an online assessment which was just a simple comprehension test where they give you a passage and ask you questions about it, giving true or false or none of the above answers. Then came the phone interview where they ask you to give examples of when you have been in certain situation that could come up while working for them.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you have not agreed with a superior explaining why and what happened   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at HSBC Holdings

Worked for HSBC Holdings? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at HSBC Holdings interview questions and advice. All 255 interview reviews are posted anonymously by HSBC Holdings employees and interview candidates.