HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2014
Updated 19 Oct 2014

2.9

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Well organised/communicated. All done via secure email. Directions/location/timing communicated clearly. Temp pass given on arrival. First level interview could be either 1:1 or panel. The hiring is process slightly longer I believe as I only went for the first level interview and waiting for the feedback.

Full Time Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Applied on-line. Took numerical test. A month later I was invited for a telephone interview which was standard competency based. After that I was invited to an assessment center.
    The AC:
    About 8 candidates. we took the numerical test again, and then had about 20 minutes to study a business case, which we had to present our opinions on to an employee. you have 4 interviews which candidates rotate between (analyst (competency), a line manager (technical), another manager (competency), and a HR guy (case study presentation))
    Very friendly and professional in general.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain about products offered by the division applied to   Answer Question

First YearUK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

After the online application, I completed the numerical test and was invited to a phone interview, which was entirely competency-based. With preparation and some research this is manageable. A credit check follows and if you pass it, you get the invitation to their AC.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you realised you had done something wrong. How did you deal with it?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in September 2014.

Once passing the online application, you are given an online assessment, then onto a telephone interview if successful. Then it's onto the face to face interview. The online assessment mainly is a situation judgement test which tests whether you are a good candidate for demonstrating openness, being connected and dependable. The telephone interview is much more personal and is more focused on customer service and the main values of HSBC. Once passed, you may be considered for a face to face interview with the branch/ line manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation when you have had to be flexible?   View Answer

Senior Consultant Information Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2014.

The hiring process required attending several interviews that took place over a series of weeks in meeting with various management and department personnel. I met with my future team members, my boss, as well as my boss's boss, a very senior person within the organization. Everyone that I met with was very professional and asked challenging questions as well as provided very insightful information regarding the specific role and working environment.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions relating to use of scripting languages and related software packages.   Answer Question
    The offer included a competitive reward package.

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in August 2014.

Remotely from overseas. Phone interview with Hiring Manager, WebCam Interview with Hiring Manager and Another Tech Manager, final HR interview over phone.

Very positive experiences. All very professional until final HR interview where a role different to that which I interviewed for was discussed.

Interview Questions
    • Covered past experiences and why you would like to do work in HSBC. Some PM type work so knowledge of the different PM methodologies and when you applied them.   Answer Question

Salary on offer

Financial Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Online application - Online test - Phone interview - Interview in office. This seems to be not really difficult, prepare carefully and try to get more experience in study or volunteer time to get more activities that you can show to them.

Interview Questions
    • Describe yourself in some situation that you can have 3 HSBC's values?   Answer Question

Customer Service Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

3 Online tests. Numerical(graphs/%/charts) test, comprehension test, situational judgement test. You have to wait for an email to progress to each assignment.

(3 weeks later)
    Face-Face 40mins.
    Background checks during decision-making process

(3 weeks later)
    Feedback on successfully completing interview stage
    Offer made and contract emailed

Start date 4 weeks after Contract emailed

Interview Questions
    • Elaborate on a time where you have had to make an improvement   Answer Question

Associate, Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings in June 2014.

I interviewed in London (UK) and was asked:

Online Application/Candidate Questionnaire Online Numerical reasoning Aptitude tests Interviews Assessment Day (including open ended case study).

Prepare before hand if your not familiar with online assessment tests for aptitude and verbal reasoning, they are difficult. Personally i did use (the ultimate career interview) app from App Store.

Interview Questions
    • The Global Markets Director asked a variety of of questions about expected "best in class" margins for their line of business and seemed to expect detailed knowledge in this area even though this level of inside knowledge was not mentioned as a prerequisite and did not appear particularly relevant in the job description provided.   Answer Question
    Entry Level Contract.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Standard competency questions. Telephone interview seemed like it was outsourced to an recruiting company, but was helpful enough when asked about the structure of the internship and the following stages.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask about core competencies that they state on their website.   Answer Question