HSBC Holdings Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Very friendly people, genuinely interested in you and your background as a person.

There are multiple interviews, mainly competency/motivational based, a numerical test at the start of the assessment centre, and a presentation exercise.

Make sure to prepare well and you will be fine, after all you want to come across as a sincere person who is nice to work with

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England).

Interview

I met with the secretarial manager for 45 mins and was offered the job through my agency an hour later. I tried to negotiate a very slight increase on hourly rate but was denied.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If going for a temp to perm role, ensure this is in writing with a timeframe.

Work Experience Interview

Interview

1: Application made via the HSBC Taleo careers website.
    2: Arranged a telephone interview to discuss the programme and provide answers to questions judging my suitability
    3: Start date given a week after the telephone interview via a message via the HSBC Taleo careers website.
    4: After the placement was finished, about a month later I was offered a further placement following my suitability and what potential I had according to feedback to recruitment managers from branch staff.

Retail and Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Online Applicaiton
    Online Test
    Telephone Interview
    Assessment Centre

Then once these stages have been completed you will be offered a job soon after.
    Telephone interview was fairly straight forward, much like you would expect any telephone interview to be about (about you and the company) (Make sure you know their 3 values)

Interview Questions

• There was no real interview it was more analysis and group work that had to be completed   1 Answer

Exotic Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

2 rounds.
    First round: I have met 2 guys lasting 2 hours: one IT (45mn) then one Trader (1h15).
    Second round (1week later): I have meet the 2 same guys and their managing director

Interview Questions

• If you are long Best Of. Are you short or long correl?   Answer Question

SummerResearch Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Standard competency based questions. Why HSBC? Why this particular division? Teamwork example. A bit on previous work experience. The question I liked least was: Give an example of a time you stood up for what you believe in and encouraged others to stand up as well - it's good to have an example in advance.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you stood up for what you believe in and encouraged others to stand up as well.   Answer Question

Summer Work Experience Interview

Interview

You apply through like the normal HSBC platform and then you submit your CV so that you wait for the HR to respond to you. Then I think it is around 1 to 2 weeks later. The HR will contact you to arrange a telephone interview with you. and because of the time difference, it was really early in the morning for me and the interview went pretty smoothly.

RBWM Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

applied online, got to pass two online test( numerical & logical) one by one, two weeks later got the telephone interview, which you can choose the time you like. It went through for 30 minutes. The interviewer ask a lot of things about your understanding of the programme and about yourself. So better prepare your motivation and strength.

Interview Questions

• why HSBC?
      why this programme?
      your understanding of this programme.
      the core values of HSBC.

Answer Question

Securities Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HSBC Holdings.

Interview

Applied online, a whole load of open questions. They were very efficient, invited to telephone interview one week after completing online tests. The telephone interview was intense, I was asked to finish in 30min, no matter how far I go through the questions. They emailed me 10min after the telephone interview that I have met the requirements, and invited me to the assessment centre one week later. Since I got an offer from somewhere else, I withdrew the application and hope this give others some chance.

Interview Questions

• What will the world be like in 2050, and why does this connected to HSBC?   Answer Question

Procurement Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC Holdings (Sheffield, England) in February 2015.

Interview

The assessment day consisted of 2 interviews - value-based and competency-based. The value-based interview consisted of questions regarding what procurement is all about and the three main values of hsbc - opennes , being connected and doing the right thing. Then I was set in a group of six other candidates and we were given a ase study and had to reach a consensus within 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• - example of persuasive, negotiation skills
      - organising time
      - making a difficult decision
      - working under pressure
      -improving a process

Answer Question