HSBC - Hongkong

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Apprenticeship Interview

Summer Apprenticeship

Interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong

Interview Details online application with CV and cover letter, then I was contacted by email for some online assessment. (verbal and numerical). after passing the test I was contacted by email again for a phone interview

Interview Question – biggest competitor of HSBC? fairly easy but I did not prepare for that   Answer Question

Summer Intern - GB&M Interview

Summer Intern - GB&M
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in November 2011.

Interview Details First round phone interview by HR
1. Walk me through your CV
2. What are the values of HSBC
3. Why do you think values are important to a firm
4. What are your strength?
5. What research have you done on HSBC?
6. What makes you suitable for the role

Interview Question – What would the world be like in 2050?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong.

Interview Details The candidate will be required to describe the deliverable in detail on his / her past role. In addition, the candidate will need to show his / her career direction is aligned with the company direction

Interview Question – The candidate needs to be very clear on the requirement of a Business Analyst   Answer Question

Co-op Student Trainee Interview

Co-op Student Trainee

I applied online - interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in July 2013.

Interview Details After submitting the online application, they immediately give a chance for the Online aptitude test. I did it and survived it. After a few weeks, they sent me an email to arrange a phone interview, and that is where I ended.

Interview Question – What is the recent news about HSBC   View Answer

Management Associate -- Commercial Banking Interview

Management Associate -- Commercial Banking

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in April 2014.

Interview Details 1) Online Test (Verbal and numerical)
2) Phone Interview (Motivational and Behavioral Questions)
3) Accessment Centre (Group Discuss, Role play, lunch meeting, final 1 on 1 interview)

There is no any technical question, they are looking for the right kind of person. Never get anxious as it will affect your performance.

Interview Question – Role play: It is hard for the ones who have no experience in this field.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Management Associate
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in January 2011.

Interview Details The process is comprised of typical online verbal and numerical tests, phone interview with HR, then Assessment Centre where you will come across different types of tasks and challenges with a number of interviewers from the bank, who are often senior managers who are also Management Associates themselves.

Offer phone call was made the next day after the interview.

Interview Question – Not much.   Answer Question

Hong Kong Management Associate Programmer - Commercial Banking Interview

Hong Kong Management Associate Programmer - Commercial Banking

I applied online and interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong.

Interview Details After submitting a online application, I received invitations for two online tests. Few weeks later, I received an invitation for a phone interview. The lady asked me why I chose HSBC. Name some competitors. Experience on heavy analysis/ pressure. etc.

Interview Question – Recent news about HSBC   Answer Question

Apprenticeship Interview

Apprenticeship

I applied online and interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong.

Interview Details I have completed the aptitude test first and the have the phone call interviews. The phone call interviews is divided by 2 parts. The first one is conducted in English. It is quite general and it requires your knowledge in HSBC. The second one is conducted in Chinese and it mainly talks about your experience.

Interview Question – What is your career goal in short term and long term?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Management Associate

Interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong

Interview Details Numerical and verbal online assessments (standard ones) followed by a phone interview (questions like why HSBC, why this program, your strengths & weaknesses) followed by an assessment center (6-8 people, group case study, one-to-one role play, one-to-one interview)

Interview Question – Role play was quite unexpected but fun. Given a role to play out, have to act it out and negotiate a settlement.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation since it was a starting position.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

Interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong

Interview Details First you got to write some essays like why are you interested in HSBC (HSBC highly value the interest you have on working in HSBC) and leadership skills. Then after the application has been accepted, you need to pass a numeric reasoning test. Then a phone interview will be conducted if the test is passed. The phone interview questions varies, sometimes ask behavorial questions, sometimes interested-based questions.

Interview Question – How do you see the finance world in 2050   Answer Question

Worked for HSBC - Hongkong? Contribute to the Community!