HSBC - Hongkong Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 19, 2014
86 interviews

3.1

Summer Apprenticeship Interview

online application with CV and cover letter, then I was contacted by email for some online assessment. (verbal and numerical). after passing the test I was contacted by email again for a phone interview

Interview Questions
    • biggest competitor of HSBC? fairly easy but I did not prepare for that   Answer Question

Summer Intern - GB&M Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in November 2011.

First round phone interview by HR
    1. Walk me through your CV
    2. What are the values of HSBC
    3. Why do you think values are important to a firm
    4. What are your strength?
    5. What research have you done on HSBC?
    6. What makes you suitable for the role

Accountant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong.

Applied online, very easy and get interview. Want to know the progress of the wok of HR. How long need to wait for feedback since the jod ad is unposted 2 days after the interview.

Analyst Interview

Graduate analyst position at Asset Management department. Applied online with competency questions to fill in.
    I was offered phone interview which lasted for around 30 minutes. Standard question which requires you to research about HSBC's culture and the reason you fit in it. General questions about your knowledge in the financial industry.
    Told I had passed the phone interview, waited for few months without reply and rejected after nearly half year's wait. Not impressed

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong.

The candidate will be required to describe the deliverable in detail on his / her past role. In addition, the candidate will need to show his / her career direction is aligned with the company direction

Interview Questions
    • The candidate needs to be very clear on the requirement of a Business Analyst   Answer Question

MA Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in June 2012.

Apply online and wait and wait and wait, then you will receive an email, then wait for a phone call. It was about 45mins phone interview.Apply online and wait and wait and wait, then you will receive an email, then wait for a phone call. It was about 45mins phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a scenario that you demonstrate your openness   Answer Question

Co-op Student Trainee Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in July 2013.

After submitting the online application, they immediately give a chance for the Online aptitude test. I did it and survived it. After a few weeks, they sent me an email to arrange a phone interview, and that is where I ended.

Management Associate -- Commercial Banking Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in April 2014.

1) Online Test (Verbal and numerical)
    2) Phone Interview (Motivational and Behavioral Questions)
    3) Accessment Centre (Group Discuss, Role play, lunch meeting, final 1 on 1 interview)

There is no any technical question, they are looking for the right kind of person. Never get anxious as it will affect your performance.

Interview Questions
    • Role play: It is hard for the ones who have no experience in this field.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in January 2011.

The process is comprised of typical online verbal and numerical tests, phone interview with HR, then Assessment Centre where you will come across different types of tasks and challenges with a number of interviewers from the bank, who are often senior managers who are also Management Associates themselves.

Offer phone call was made the next day after the interview.

I interviewed online - interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong.

After submitting a online application, I received invitations for two online tests. Few weeks later, I received an invitation for a phone interview. The lady asked me why I chose HSBC. Name some competitors. Experience on heavy analysis/ pressure. etc.

Interview Questions

Worked for HSBC - Hongkong? Contribute to the Community!