HSBC - Hongkong Interview Questions

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in June 2014.

This was an interview with a Hongkong based manager for a role in Sheffield and London, UK. This was a telephone interview followed by a "face-to-face". Both interviews were with the hiring manager, who was extremely easy to talk to. I absolutely got the feeling I knew this guy by the end.
    The logistics of the face to face interview were difficult - I had to go to their Canary Wharf building where I was left to sit in reception for over half an hour, and when finally sent to the relevant floor, I was given the wrong instruction and it took another 10 minutes to locate the contact who took me to the room for the interview.
    Having purposely arrived 20 minutes early (to allow for finding the right building etc), I was 30 minutes late and so not in the best frame of mind for the interview, which was conducted using a laptop and webcam.

Interview Questions
    • My favourite question was: "if you could only use one to deliver your message, would you chose MS Word, Excel or PowerPoint"?   Answer Question

Summer Apprenticeship Interview

online application with CV and cover letter, then I was contacted by email for some online assessment. (verbal and numerical). after passing the test I was contacted by email again for a phone interview

Interview Questions
    • biggest competitor of HSBC? fairly easy but I did not prepare for that   Answer Question

Summer Intern - GB&M Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in November 2011.

First round phone interview by HR
    1. Walk me through your CV
    2. What are the values of HSBC
    3. Why do you think values are important to a firm
    4. What are your strength?
    5. What research have you done on HSBC?
    6. What makes you suitable for the role

Commercial Banking Interview

I applied online - interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in March 2014.

First round phone interview is very standard for HSBC. A few introductory questions such as what do you know about the sector and then HSBC. Then 3 situation questions (work preferred) regarding 3 of HSBCs values.
    Expect a question in Chinese/Mandarin, or to answer a question in Chinese for Commercial banking.

Accountant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong.

Applied online, very easy and get interview. Want to know the progress of the wok of HR. How long need to wait for feedback since the jod ad is unposted 2 days after the interview.

Analyst Interview

Graduate analyst position at Asset Management department. Applied online with competency questions to fill in.
    I was offered phone interview which lasted for around 30 minutes. Standard question which requires you to research about HSBC's culture and the reason you fit in it. General questions about your knowledge in the financial industry.
    Told I had passed the phone interview, waited for few months without reply and rejected after nearly half year's wait. Not impressed

Financial Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong.

I applied this position online on a job fair website. After two weeks, I got a call from HR, and I was giving a phone interview. Two days later, there is a notification call that informed me to have a interview with the dept. manager. When I finished three rounds interview, I got into this company.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong.

The candidate will be required to describe the deliverable in detail on his / her past role. In addition, the candidate will need to show his / her career direction is aligned with the company direction

Interview Questions
    • The candidate needs to be very clear on the requirement of a Business Analyst   Answer Question

MA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in June 2012.

Apply online and wait and wait and wait, then you will receive an email, then wait for a phone call. It was about 45mins phone interview.Apply online and wait and wait and wait, then you will receive an email, then wait for a phone call. It was about 45mins phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a scenario that you demonstrate your openness   Answer Question

Co-op Student Trainee Interview

I applied online - interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in July 2013.

After submitting the online application, they immediately give a chance for the Online aptitude test. I did it and survived it. After a few weeks, they sent me an email to arrange a phone interview, and that is where I ended.

Interview Questions

Worked for HSBC - Hongkong? Contribute to the Community!