HSBC - Hongkong

Updated 24 Nov 2014
Updated 24 Nov 2014

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Interviewed with an agency before talking to HSBC. Asked a lot about the company values of HSBC and a few fit questions and market knowledge. The girl I interviewed with was French and her english was not the best. Hard to understand.

Capital Financing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in November 2014.

I applied for the Hong Kong office, but I have interviewed by the London recruitment team. The interview was one of the hardest I have done, it lasted for about 30 mins. I have just completed the telephone interview, I shall hear back in 2 working days.

Interview Questions
    • These are the questions that I got asked:
      1. Why have you applied for HSBC and why Capital Financing?
      2. What do you expect from the program?
      3. Please tell me one of the recent financial news you were interested in? and how would this affect HSBC?
      4. What will the banking landscape be like in 2050?
      5. Why do you think companies have core values?
      6. What are the HSBC values? And if you were successful, how would you demonstrate these values?
      7. Tell me a time when you have shown adaptability or changes of culture? What did you learn from that experience?
      8. What are your strengths?
      9. A time when you motivated someone to do something outside his or her comfort zone? What did you learn from that experience?
      10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
      11. What values would you be able to bring to HSBC?
      12. What characteristics do you think is most important to be successful as an analyst in your chosen field?
        Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in June 2014.

This was an interview with a Hongkong based manager for a role in Sheffield and London, UK. This was a telephone interview followed by a "face-to-face". Both interviews were with the hiring manager, who was extremely easy to talk to. I absolutely got the feeling I knew this guy by the end.
    The logistics of the face to face interview were difficult - I had to go to their Canary Wharf building where I was left to sit in reception for over half an hour, and when finally sent to the relevant floor, I was given the wrong instruction and it took another 10 minutes to locate the contact who took me to the room for the interview.
    Having purposely arrived 20 minutes early (to allow for finding the right building etc), I was 30 minutes late and so not in the best frame of mind for the interview, which was conducted using a laptop and webcam.

Interview Questions
    • My favourite question was: "if you could only use one to deliver your message, would you chose MS Word, Excel or PowerPoint"?   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in March 2014.

online applications submitted in Feb/Mar, received invitation to numerical and verbal reasoning tests a couple of days later, and received invitation to phone interview afterwards.

the interviewer was nice, introduced herself, and told me to walk me through the cv and asked questions like what was the biggest challenge you faced? how did you solve it? etc etc....remember to refer to hsbc values

Summer Apprenticeship Interview

online application with CV and cover letter, then I was contacted by email for some online assessment. (verbal and numerical). after passing the test I was contacted by email again for a phone interview

Interview Questions
    • biggest competitor of HSBC? fairly easy but I did not prepare for that   Answer Question

Summer Intern - GB&M Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in November 2011.

First round phone interview by HR
    1. Walk me through your CV
    2. What are the values of HSBC
    3. Why do you think values are important to a firm
    4. What are your strength?
    5. What research have you done on HSBC?
    6. What makes you suitable for the role

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied on the company website and had a phone interview. The interview was pretty standard. There were a lot of behavioural questions and a few technical questions. Went through your resume, introduce yourself, teamwork experience, strengths and weaknesses, etc. The whole process took around three to four weeks. Just be well-prepared.

Co-op Student Trainee Interview

2 rounds of interview:
    (1) HR interview - mostly behavior questions. There were two parts in the interview; in the first part the HR was mainly asking questions on the background and experience I had, and the motivation for applying the bank/position. The second part involves some situational/behavior questions, like how do you deal with stress and tension.
    (2) Manager interview - the interviewing questions varies a lot. For my case, most of the questions were still behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • How do you ensure all teammates are consensus and willing to work towards a common goal?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Two round. First round is the HR phone interview. very simple, just a few question about programming. Second interview is the phone interview. three persons. very long interview about 1 hour. brain teasers, project you have bee n worked on. and so on. I got reply very soon. in 1 day

Interview Questions
    • they asked very very detailed about your project experience   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong.

Applied online, very easy and get interview. Want to know the progress of the wok of HR. How long need to wait for feedback since the jod ad is unposted 2 days after the interview.