HSBC - Hongkong Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct 2014
Updated 18 Oct 2014

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in June 2014.

This was an interview with a Hongkong based manager for a role in Sheffield and London, UK. This was a telephone interview followed by a "face-to-face". Both interviews were with the hiring manager, who was extremely easy to talk to. I absolutely got the feeling I knew this guy by the end.
    The logistics of the face to face interview were difficult - I had to go to their Canary Wharf building where I was left to sit in reception for over half an hour, and when finally sent to the relevant floor, I was given the wrong instruction and it took another 10 minutes to locate the contact who took me to the room for the interview.
    Having purposely arrived 20 minutes early (to allow for finding the right building etc), I was 30 minutes late and so not in the best frame of mind for the interview, which was conducted using a laptop and webcam.

Interview Questions
    • My favourite question was: "if you could only use one to deliver your message, would you chose MS Word, Excel or PowerPoint"?   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in March 2014.

online applications submitted in Feb/Mar, received invitation to numerical and verbal reasoning tests a couple of days later, and received invitation to phone interview afterwards.

the interviewer was nice, introduced herself, and told me to walk me through the cv and asked questions like what was the biggest challenge you faced? how did you solve it? etc etc....remember to refer to hsbc values

Summer Apprenticeship Interview

online application with CV and cover letter, then I was contacted by email for some online assessment. (verbal and numerical). after passing the test I was contacted by email again for a phone interview

Interview Questions
    • biggest competitor of HSBC? fairly easy but I did not prepare for that   Answer Question

Summer Intern - GB&M Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at HSBC - Hongkong in November 2011.

First round phone interview by HR
    1. Walk me through your CV
    2. What are the values of HSBC
    3. Why do you think values are important to a firm
    4. What are your strength?
    5. What research have you done on HSBC?
    6. What makes you suitable for the role

Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong.

Applied online, very easy and get interview. Want to know the progress of the wok of HR. How long need to wait for feedback since the jod ad is unposted 2 days after the interview.

Analyst Interview

Graduate analyst position at Asset Management department. Applied online with competency questions to fill in.
    I was offered phone interview which lasted for around 30 minutes. Standard question which requires you to research about HSBC's culture and the reason you fit in it. General questions about your knowledge in the financial industry.
    Told I had passed the phone interview, waited for few months without reply and rejected after nearly half year's wait. Not impressed

Financial Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at HSBC - Hongkong.

I applied this position online on a job fair website. After two weeks, I got a call from HR, and I was giving a phone interview. Two days later, there is a notification call that informed me to have a interview with the dept. manager. When I finished three rounds interview, I got into this company.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong.

The candidate will be required to describe the deliverable in detail on his / her past role. In addition, the candidate will need to show his / her career direction is aligned with the company direction

Interview Questions
    • The candidate needs to be very clear on the requirement of a Business Analyst   Answer Question

Hong Kong Management Associate Programmer - Commercial Banking Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong.

After submitting a online application, I received invitations for two online tests. Few weeks later, I received an invitation for a phone interview. The lady asked me why I chose HSBC. Name some competitors. Experience on heavy analysis/ pressure. etc.

Apprenticeship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at HSBC - Hongkong.

I have completed the aptitude test first and the have the phone call interviews. The phone call interviews is divided by 2 parts. The first one is conducted in English. It is quite general and it requires your knowledge in HSBC. The second one is conducted in Chinese and it mainly talks about your experience.