Halliburton Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 6, 2014
337 interviews

2.6

Equipment Engineer Interview

The interview and recruitment was transparent which is very good. Although, after my recruitment, my job role was not specified for some time. There was some misunderstanding between the management personnel because of which I worked for six months at a much Junior position than I was recruited for.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical electrical and instrumentation theory questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Completion Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Aberdeen, Scotland
    Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2012.

Applied online through Oil Careers and within a week heard back from a member of the Halliburton HR staff to come in for an interview. Had interview the following week after my invite. Much of the interview was be told about the company from a senior staff member while an HR girl writes notes. After interview is done a past graduate employee takes you for a tour of the company.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, usual basic interview questions. Interview was very layed back, in fact the majority of the interview was spent listening about the company and the role i had applied for. I was expected to give detail on a 3D cad assembly drawing but this was expected with the position.   Answer Question

Got another offer

Software Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tewkesbury, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewkesbury, England

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

I applied for the job during my second year at the university.
    The interview took about 4 hours from 9am to 1pm.
    It started with a tour around the offices and factories, a little bit of introduction to the company. then it was the interview with managers and aptitude test.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is "tell us about yourself" when you have to identify your weakness and use it to point out the strength   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aberdeen, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

I applied online through a recruiting agency. Few days letter I received a call from them asking if I was still in the market and that Halliburton is now calling for interviews for the position I applied for. An interview was arranged and it was 1:1 interview. It was a skill based interview.

Cementing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Aberdeen, Scotland
    Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2012.

Phonecall inviting me to a 1 hour interview with the head of cementing and another cement engineer, including 10 minute technical presentation and a short maths test. Interview was fairly laid back and everyone at the company very welcoming and friendly. Relax, be yourself and enjoy the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little bit more about this placement/project.

What was the main thing you gained from it?
        View Answer
    • What are your two greatest achievements? And is there anything that you're not so happy with/would change?   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bakersfield, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2014.

A phone interview was conducted initially for the employer to explain the position. The emphasis was on the long work hours (7 days on call, 7 days off). They did ask about my knowledge of the industry and my career goals. I was then invited to an interview. I was not informed that it would be a lunch interview until the day of the interview. I was interviewed by 2 recruiting specialists and 4 Field Engineers. The lunch interview was informal and seemed more of a meet and greet to see if you would fit into their team. They also continued to emphasize the long work hours and predominantly being on the field in direct sunlight.

Interview Questions
    • As a female, how do you feel about leading a team compromised of only men and how would you handle any problems that you had with your male team members?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton.

Just made it to the behavioral stage of the interview question. very simple questions about things on the resume. It was on an university event with a lot of potential employers. It was a good interesting experience. The people that interview with you are current workers at field engineer position. very relaxed interview environment.

Associate Consultant/ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2014.

Started off with a comprehensive presentation on the company and its various product lines; quick, but detailed interview; specific and to the point; discussion on internship project ideas and tasks; focused on both student's and employer's expectations from the internship program

Interview Questions
    • Salary expectations, especially if somebody is a fresh graduate and is looking for a head-start in the industry   Answer Question

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2014.

A panel interview with a hr manager and a technical manager. At first a technical test was conducted to gauge basic understanding about engineering drawings. The interview started by a presentation about recent design project and followed by regular interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • all questions are quite commonly seen in interviews   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lafayette, LA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Phone call, nothing technical, no Starr method, just asked me my future plans and what I wanted to do, called me in for an interview and was informal and laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, they just wanted to make sure I had good communication skills, knew about drilling and oil&gas, asked questions like if I was willing to relocate and work long hours etc..   View Answer
    No negotiation, they give you an offer and you either take it or don't

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!