Halliburton

Updated 14 Nov 2014
Updated 14 Nov 2014

2.6

Equipment Engineer Interview

The interview and recruitment was transparent which is very good. Although, after my recruitment, my job role was not specified for some time. There was some misunderstanding between the management personnel because of which I worked for six months at a much Junior position than I was recruited for.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical electrical and instrumentation theory questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Completion Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in November 2012.

Applied online through Oil Careers and within a week heard back from a member of the Halliburton HR staff to come in for an interview. Had interview the following week after my invite. Much of the interview was be told about the company from a senior staff member while an HR girl writes notes. After interview is done a past graduate employee takes you for a tour of the company.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, usual basic interview questions. Interview was very layed back, in fact the majority of the interview was spent listening about the company and the role i had applied for. I was expected to give detail on a 3D cad assembly drawing but this was expected with the position.   Answer Question

Got another offer

Cementing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in March 2012.

Phonecall inviting me to a 1 hour interview with the head of cementing and another cement engineer, including 10 minute technical presentation and a short maths test. Interview was fairly laid back and everyone at the company very welcoming and friendly. Relax, be yourself and enjoy the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little bit more about this placement/project.

What was the main thing you gained from it?
        View Answer
    • What are your two greatest achievements? And is there anything that you're not so happy with/would change?   View Answer

Software Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewkesbury, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewkesbury, England

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

I applied for the job during my second year at the university.
    The interview took about 4 hours from 9am to 1pm.
    It started with a tour around the offices and factories, a little bit of introduction to the company. then it was the interview with managers and aptitude test.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is "tell us about yourself" when you have to identify your weakness and use it to point out the strength   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

I applied online through a recruiting agency. Few days letter I received a call from them asking if I was still in the market and that Halliburton is now calling for interviews for the position I applied for. An interview was arranged and it was 1:1 interview. It was a skill based interview.

Frac Acid Interview

great and easy the questions were very basic. what they are looking for is that u be a hands on kind of guy. dont worry about it to much just go for it

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Halliburton.

Got an initial interview offer from a campus recruiter. The interview was a couple weeks later and was followed by a university networking event. Interview was pretty straight-forward, behavioral questions about my background and situational questions, followed by a programming test and a QA session.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

Very thorough. They make sure they do their homework before they select you for an interview. Good grades are a must if you want to have any shot. During the interview they were very personable and asked a range of questions from relational to technical. Overall it was a very good an in depth interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had a confrontation with a superior.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Halliburton.

Class was told that a representative from halliburton was coming down to interview for intern spots. During the interview was ask many Ohms and component questions, was also asked if i knew anything about the company.

Interview Questions
    • It is important to really read the interviewing tips on their website for interns.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Halliburton.

Halliburton did a recruitment event on the university campus. I submitted my resume online on the college career center website, submitted a survey, and went to an informational meeting that was scheduled the day before on-site interviews. I was contacted late evening the day before for an interview. After the interview, I was contacted about 3 weeks later to complete a survey detailing my job and location preferences and informed that I will be contacted for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a situation where you were working on a team and disagreed with one or more people on something?   Answer Question