Halliburton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Equipment Engineer Interview

Equipment Engineer

Interviewed at Halliburton

Interview Details The interview and recruitment was transparent which is very good. Although, after my recruitment, my job role was not specified for some time. There was some misunderstanding between the management personnel because of which I worked for six months at a much Junior position than I was recruited for.

Interview Question – The questions were typical electrical and instrumentation theory questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Completion Engineer Interview

Graduate Completion Engineer
Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2012.

Interview Details Applied online through Oil Careers and within a week heard back from a member of the Halliburton HR staff to come in for an interview. Had interview the following week after my invite. Much of the interview was be told about the company from a senior staff member while an HR girl writes notes. After interview is done a past graduate employee takes you for a tour of the company.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions, usual basic interview questions. Interview was very layed back, in fact the majority of the interview was spent listening about the company and the role i had applied for. I was expected to give detail on a 3D cad assembly drawing but this was expected with the position.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got another offer

Software Engineering Co-op Interview

Software Engineering Co-op
Tewkesbury, England

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

Interview Details I applied for the job during my second year at the university.
The interview took about 4 hours from 9am to 1pm.
It started with a tour around the offices and factories, a little bit of introduction to the company. then it was the interview with managers and aptitude test.

Interview Question – The most difficult question is "tell us about yourself" when you have to identify your weakness and use it to point out the strength   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Computer Technician
Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

Interview Details I applied online through a recruiting agency. Few days letter I received a call from them asking if I was still in the market and that Halliburton is now calling for interviews for the position I applied for. An interview was arranged and it was 1:1 interview. It was a skill based interview.

Interview Questions

Cementing Engineer Interview

Cementing Engineer
Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2012.

Interview Details Phonecall inviting me to a 1 hour interview with the head of cementing and another cement engineer, including 10 minute technical presentation and a short maths test. Interview was fairly laid back and everyone at the company very welcoming and friendly. Relax, be yourself and enjoy the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit more about this placement/project.

What was the main thing you gained from it?
      View Answer
  • What are your two greatest achievements? And is there anything that you're not so happy with/would change?   View Answer

Bakersfield, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2014.

Interview Details A phone interview was conducted initially for the employer to explain the position. The emphasis was on the long work hours (7 days on call, 7 days off). They did ask about my knowledge of the industry and my career goals. I was then invited to an interview. I was not informed that it would be a lunch interview until the day of the interview. I was interviewed by 2 recruiting specialists and 4 Field Engineers. The lunch interview was informal and seemed more of a meet and greet to see if you would fit into their team. They also continued to emphasize the long work hours and predominantly being on the field in direct sunlight.

Interview Question – As a female, how do you feel about leading a team compromised of only men and how would you handle any problems that you had with your male team members?   Answer Question

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details Just made it to the behavioral stage of the interview question. very simple questions about things on the resume. It was on an university event with a lot of potential employers. It was a good interesting experience. The people that interview with you are current workers at field engineer position. very relaxed interview environment.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work with us?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant/ Interview

Associate Consultant/
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in January 2014.

Interview Details Started off with a comprehensive presentation on the company and its various product lines; quick, but detailed interview; specific and to the point; discussion on internship project ideas and tasks; focused on both student's and employer's expectations from the internship program

Interview Question – Salary expectations, especially if somebody is a fresh graduate and is looking for a head-start in the industry   Answer Question

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Associate Technical Professional
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2014.

Interview Details A panel interview with a hr manager and a technical manager. At first a technical test was conducted to gauge basic understanding about engineering drawings. The interview started by a presentation about recent design project and followed by regular interview questions.

Interview Question – all questions are quite commonly seen in interviews   View Answer

Lafayette, LA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Interview Details Phone call, nothing technical, no Starr method, just asked me my future plans and what I wanted to do, called me in for an interview and was informal and laid back.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, they just wanted to make sure I had good communication skills, knew about drilling and oil&gas, asked questions like if I was willing to relocate and work long hours etc..   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they give you an offer and you either take it or don't

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!