Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.6

Equipment Engineer Interview

The interview and recruitment was transparent which is very good. Although, after my recruitment, my job role was not specified for some time. There was some misunderstanding between the management personnel because of which I worked for six months at a much Junior position than I was recruited for.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical electrical and instrumentation theory questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Completion Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2012.

Applied online through Oil Careers and within a week heard back from a member of the Halliburton HR staff to come in for an interview. Had interview the following week after my invite. Much of the interview was be told about the company from a senior staff member while an HR girl writes notes. After interview is done a past graduate employee takes you for a tour of the company.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, usual basic interview questions. Interview was very layed back, in fact the majority of the interview was spent listening about the company and the role i had applied for. I was expected to give detail on a 3D cad assembly drawing but this was expected with the position.   Answer Question

Got another offer

Software Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tewkesbury, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewkesbury, England

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

I applied for the job during my second year at the university.
    The interview took about 4 hours from 9am to 1pm.
    It started with a tour around the offices and factories, a little bit of introduction to the company. then it was the interview with managers and aptitude test.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is "tell us about yourself" when you have to identify your weakness and use it to point out the strength   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

I applied online through a recruiting agency. Few days letter I received a call from them asking if I was still in the market and that Halliburton is now calling for interviews for the position I applied for. An interview was arranged and it was 1:1 interview. It was a skill based interview.

Cementing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2012.

Phonecall inviting me to a 1 hour interview with the head of cementing and another cement engineer, including 10 minute technical presentation and a short maths test. Interview was fairly laid back and everyone at the company very welcoming and friendly. Relax, be yourself and enjoy the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little bit more about this placement/project.

What was the main thing you gained from it?
        View Answer
    • What are your two greatest achievements? And is there anything that you're not so happy with/would change?   View Answer

Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Halliburton in August 2012.

first i went to Iq test then followed by phone interview. she asked me about my skills why they have to hire me?
    what are your hoppy ?

you can find what kind of questions you should expect if you search online. But realize that these should only be considered as guidelines.

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton.

Half-day Assessment Center, 2 interviews one to one and two to one, one group activity and one presentation on any topic, they just want to see how you carry yourself when facing public, so keep calm and present)

Interview Questions
    • I would say it should be the case study, it is barely possible to solve it. So don't be too worry about the result, focus on how to approach the problem   Answer Question

SCMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

On Campus Interview with the main recruiter. Lasted about one hour. Heard back within one week. Had two weeks to accept. Great experience, challenging and rewarding. Overall enjoyed my time there.

Associate Field Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Was contacted via phone by a recruiter after applying for this position on the Halliburton website. Had initial phone interview and then went in for in person interview. The in person interview was a group interview with multiple applicants as well as interviewers. We all went out to both lunch and dinner as well as touring the shop and field locations. The one on one interviews were very professional and after spending time with the interviewers earlier in the day there was a little less pressure. I received a call from the recruiter a day after the in person interview and a formal offer followed shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask if you understand the duties and performance expectations for the specific PSL you are interviewing for. Also be prepared for generic interview questions such as: Tell us about a time where you were in a successful leadership role.   Answer Question

Field Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canonsburg, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canonsburg, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Halliburton in October 2013.

Very upfront about the time commitment necessary. The position itself is essentially developed to train you in the field so you are as competent as possible. Honest and open about what you'll experience. Had two separate interviews, about 6 months apart.

Chose not to negotiate

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!