Halliburton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Equipment Engineer Interview

Equipment Engineer

Interviewed at Halliburton

Interview Details The interview and recruitment was transparent which is very good. Although, after my recruitment, my job role was not specified for some time. There was some misunderstanding between the management personnel because of which I worked for six months at a much Junior position than I was recruited for.

Interview Question – The questions were typical electrical and instrumentation theory questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Completion Engineer Interview

Graduate Completion Engineer
Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2012.

Interview Details Applied online through Oil Careers and within a week heard back from a member of the Halliburton HR staff to come in for an interview. Had interview the following week after my invite. Much of the interview was be told about the company from a senior staff member while an HR girl writes notes. After interview is done a past graduate employee takes you for a tour of the company.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions, usual basic interview questions. Interview was very layed back, in fact the majority of the interview was spent listening about the company and the role i had applied for. I was expected to give detail on a 3D cad assembly drawing but this was expected with the position.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got another offer

Software Engineering Co-op Interview

Software Engineering Co-op
Tewkesbury, England

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

Interview Details I applied for the job during my second year at the university.
The interview took about 4 hours from 9am to 1pm.
It started with a tour around the offices and factories, a little bit of introduction to the company. then it was the interview with managers and aptitude test.

Interview Question – The most difficult question is "tell us about yourself" when you have to identify your weakness and use it to point out the strength   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Computer Technician
Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

Interview Details I applied online through a recruiting agency. Few days letter I received a call from them asking if I was still in the market and that Halliburton is now calling for interviews for the position I applied for. An interview was arranged and it was 1:1 interview. It was a skill based interview.

Interview Questions

Cementing Engineer Interview

Cementing Engineer
Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2012.

Interview Details Phonecall inviting me to a 1 hour interview with the head of cementing and another cement engineer, including 10 minute technical presentation and a short maths test. Interview was fairly laid back and everyone at the company very welcoming and friendly. Relax, be yourself and enjoy the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit more about this placement/project.

What was the main thing you gained from it?
      View Answer
  • What are your two greatest achievements? And is there anything that you're not so happy with/would change?   View Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details Halliburton came at my University. Students who were interested sent their CVs. Halliburton made a shortlist for interviews. There were 5 interviewers. They were all friendly. They were asking mostly personal questions . Most of their questions was based on my CV. They were trying to understand what I had achieved up until today, and who I am.

Interview Question – "Why service company and not operator? "
Justify why you prefer to work for a service company and not for an operator company !
  Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer
Lafayette, LA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in July 2014.

Interview Details Phone call, nothing technical, no Starr method, just asked me my future plans and what I wanted to do, called me in for an interview and was informal and laid back.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, they just wanted to make sure I had good communication skills, knew about drilling and oil&gas, asked questions like if I was willing to relocate and work long hours etc..   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they give you an offer and you either take it or don't

Embedded Systems Engineer Interview

Embedded Systems Engineer
Exton, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Halliburton in May 2010.

Interview Details It was your typical technical interview. They get to know you and then verify your technical knowledge. I interviewed with about 5-6 different people. Took the entire day. Its not too bad as long as your qualified for the position that your applying for. I had no problem with the process that they were following. Most companies follow this process.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected. Most difficult for me was I was ask to calculate the capacitance of a trace on a PCB. Since my back ground was more in software this was a bit difficult, but I worked my way through it. I thought their questions were very fair for the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was low
Got the feeling the office I was applying at was closing

Very Easy Interview

Logistics Manager Interview

Logistics Manager
Houston, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2010.

Interview Details The Hiring process was very long, it took over 6 months to set me up.

The interviewer was not familiar with the job to be filled. he was sitting in for the man in charge.

Interview Question – Unfortunately no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very frustrating due to the internal decision making process

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Cairo (Egypt)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2014.

Interview Details It started by putting the resume in the career fair in our university, then we were called for a written exam. It was very easy some math and engineering principals. Lastly, we had the phone interview, and an email saying you are accepted into the program.
Overall, it was a a very easy selection process, however a very long one. Sometimes , I even needed to call them and ask them about the results of each step.

Interview Question – They were all regular questions, such as: Why do you want to join us? Why you? your point of strengths and weaknesses ..etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not any special negotiations

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!