Halliburton

Updated 15 Dec 2014
Updated 15 Dec 2014

2.6

Equipment Engineer Interview

The interview and recruitment was transparent which is very good. Although, after my recruitment, my job role was not specified for some time. There was some misunderstanding between the management personnel because of which I worked for six months at a much Junior position than I was recruited for.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical electrical and instrumentation theory questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Completion Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in November 2012.

Applied online through Oil Careers and within a week heard back from a member of the Halliburton HR staff to come in for an interview. Had interview the following week after my invite. Much of the interview was be told about the company from a senior staff member while an HR girl writes notes. After interview is done a past graduate employee takes you for a tour of the company.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, usual basic interview questions. Interview was very layed back, in fact the majority of the interview was spent listening about the company and the role i had applied for. I was expected to give detail on a 3D cad assembly drawing but this was expected with the position.   Answer Question

Got another offer

Cementing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in March 2012.

Phonecall inviting me to a 1 hour interview with the head of cementing and another cement engineer, including 10 minute technical presentation and a short maths test. Interview was fairly laid back and everyone at the company very welcoming and friendly. Relax, be yourself and enjoy the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little bit more about this placement/project.

What was the main thing you gained from it?

View Answer
    • What are your two greatest achievements? And is there anything that you're not so happy with/would change?   View Answer

Software Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewkesbury, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewkesbury, England

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

I applied for the job during my second year at the university.
    The interview took about 4 hours from 9am to 1pm.
    It started with a tour around the offices and factories, a little bit of introduction to the company. then it was the interview with managers and aptitude test.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is "tell us about yourself" when you have to identify your weakness and use it to point out the strength   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

I applied online through a recruiting agency. Few days letter I received a call from them asking if I was still in the market and that Halliburton is now calling for interviews for the position I applied for. An interview was arranged and it was 1:1 interview. It was a skill based interview.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview process is mainly for checking ur temperament under strenuous conditions. Interview is mainly hr and very less technical questions. Technical questions are easy. In hr they might give an situation and ask u how will u handle that situation. They try to prove ur answers wrong u have to calmly and patiently prove them hw u are right.
    Halliburton had come to our campus..so the complete process was aptitude round (maths and few questions gk time_ 15 min) gd round ( 2 topics general and technical topic) last round interview.

Interview Questions
    • How will u rate urself as an engineer?
      Why u want to join halliburton?
      Tell me about urself?

Answer Question
    Applied through campus...so there was no negotiation.

Marketing Assistant Interview

looked over resume, asked questions about past work experience, talked about company and positions... was told about earnings and benefits.. told work schedule and when the positions starting date was. received paperwork on training and work related guides and regulations with the company.

Associate Tech Professional (Field Engineer) Interview

I have completed the first interview and was asked to come back for a second. Very laid back interview, just asked what I was interested in then went into a very corporate, fill-in-the-blank type interview sheet. Other than answering the required fill-in-the-blank questions, majority of interview was conversational and put me at ease.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult. Just simple questions about myself and situational questions like "tell me about a time when...."   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

there are two rounds- screening interview and 1 day of assessment centre, with a networking dinner in the middle. The screening interview was simple and straight forward. The dinner gave you the opportunities to ask questions and network with employees. The assessment centre consisted of 2 interviews, group activity, and speech.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

The first round of the interviews consisted of four situations/behavioral questions. The interviewer will go through a packet and take notes on your response based on the STAR analysis. (Situation, Task, Action, Result). My interviewer was very nice and would prompt me for more details if she felt that I did not elaborate enough.

Interview Questions
    • All the behavioral questions are pretty standard. (ie. Talk about a situation where you had to resolve a conflict)   Answer Question