Halliburton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Equipment Engineer Interview

Equipment Engineer

Interviewed at Halliburton

Interview Details The interview and recruitment was transparent which is very good. Although, after my recruitment, my job role was not specified for some time. There was some misunderstanding between the management personnel because of which I worked for six months at a much Junior position than I was recruited for.

Interview Question – The questions were typical electrical and instrumentation theory questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Completion Engineer Interview

Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2012.

Interview Details Applied online through Oil Careers and within a week heard back from a member of the Halliburton HR staff to come in for an interview. Had interview the following week after my invite. Much of the interview was be told about the company from a senior staff member while an HR girl writes notes. After interview is done a past graduate employee takes you for a tour of the company.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions, usual basic interview questions. Interview was very layed back, in fact the majority of the interview was spent listening about the company and the role i had applied for. I was expected to give detail on a 3D cad assembly drawing but this was expected with the position.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got another offer

Software Engineering Co-op Interview

Software Engineering Co-op
Tewkesbury, England

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

Interview Details I applied for the job during my second year at the university.
The interview took about 4 hours from 9am to 1pm.
It started with a tour around the offices and factories, a little bit of introduction to the company. then it was the interview with managers and aptitude test.

Interview Question – The most difficult question is "tell us about yourself" when you have to identify your weakness and use it to point out the strength   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

Interview Details I applied online through a recruiting agency. Few days letter I received a call from them asking if I was still in the market and that Halliburton is now calling for interviews for the position I applied for. An interview was arranged and it was 1:1 interview. It was a skill based interview.

Interview Questions

Cementing Engineer Interview

Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2012.

Interview Details Phonecall inviting me to a 1 hour interview with the head of cementing and another cement engineer, including 10 minute technical presentation and a short maths test. Interview was fairly laid back and everyone at the company very welcoming and friendly. Relax, be yourself and enjoy the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit more about this placement/project.

What was the main thing you gained from it?
      View Answer
  • What are your two greatest achievements? And is there anything that you're not so happy with/would change?   View Answer

Entry Level Field Engineer Interview

Homer City, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in April 2014.

Interview Details The initial interview was conducted at my university. It was a typical HR interview. I was called for a second interview which took place at one of their field offices. We were treated to breakfast, lunch, and dinner over a 2 day period where we were shown all aspects of the job for either a frack or cementing position. The process was laid back. They frequently prompted us to ask questions about everything they showed us. You seem to be evaluated constantly during the trip with a 3 member panel interview at the end where they just ask basic questions about your resume.

Interview Question – The questions asked during the HR interview were basic "Tell me about a time you were stressed and how you handled it" "give me a good decision and bad decision you made   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details Initially performed an an-campus interview. One week later, I received an email telling me I was selected for a second round. Second round interview was a two-day process. The first day began at 2:30 pm and consisted of company presentations and dinner. The second day, we went out to see a frac job and wireline & perforation. Then we were shown the frac lab and cement lab. The day ended with a one-on-one interview where they look over your resume and transcript.

Global Psl Coordinator (Finance) Intern Interview

Conroe, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2013.

Interview Details I had 1 phone detailed phone interview regarding my coursework related to my major - Economics. It was 40 minutes long. I was detailed about my projects in my courses in the past and present which were related to the position. Since it was a financial analysis background, i specified more about statistical analysis classes and their related projects. I was asked about my involvement on campus and I mentioned the student organizations I have been a part of. I had worked on-campus as an office assistant and in an insurance agency in the past. Even though these 2 office environments where not similar to the above position, I formed the answers suitable for it.

Interview Question – What were the projects you handled in Econometrics and Forecasting class? How did they enhance your analysis skill?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Landmark Intern Interview

Huston, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in February 2014.

Interview Details There are three sections, from different department. One of them is production.

Interview Question – One of interviewer want me to list five products they have, I only remember two of them.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Halliburton

Interview Details apply online and take the first (behavioral) interview and next proceed to the second one.

Interview Question – describe a team problem and how do you managed it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Halliburton

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!

Halliburton Videos

Halliburton – Why Work for Us?

What We Do, Where You'll Fit In the coming decades, energy resources will become increasingly difficult to find and access. As one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the upstream energy… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Halliburton interview questions and advice. All 312 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Halliburton employees and interview candidates.