Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated 27 Sep 2014
Updated 27 Sep 2014

2.6

Equipment Engineer Interview

The interview and recruitment was transparent which is very good. Although, after my recruitment, my job role was not specified for some time. There was some misunderstanding between the management personnel because of which I worked for six months at a much Junior position than I was recruited for.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical electrical and instrumentation theory questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Completion Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2012.

Applied online through Oil Careers and within a week heard back from a member of the Halliburton HR staff to come in for an interview. Had interview the following week after my invite. Much of the interview was be told about the company from a senior staff member while an HR girl writes notes. After interview is done a past graduate employee takes you for a tour of the company.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, usual basic interview questions. Interview was very layed back, in fact the majority of the interview was spent listening about the company and the role i had applied for. I was expected to give detail on a 3D cad assembly drawing but this was expected with the position.   Answer Question

Got another offer

Cementing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2012.

Phonecall inviting me to a 1 hour interview with the head of cementing and another cement engineer, including 10 minute technical presentation and a short maths test. Interview was fairly laid back and everyone at the company very welcoming and friendly. Relax, be yourself and enjoy the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little bit more about this placement/project.

What was the main thing you gained from it?
        View Answer
    • What are your two greatest achievements? And is there anything that you're not so happy with/would change?   View Answer

Software Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tewkesbury, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewkesbury, England

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

I applied for the job during my second year at the university.
    The interview took about 4 hours from 9am to 1pm.
    It started with a tour around the offices and factories, a little bit of introduction to the company. then it was the interview with managers and aptitude test.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is "tell us about yourself" when you have to identify your weakness and use it to point out the strength   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

I applied online through a recruiting agency. Few days letter I received a call from them asking if I was still in the market and that Halliburton is now calling for interviews for the position I applied for. An interview was arranged and it was 1:1 interview. It was a skill based interview.

Associate Technical Professional Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Halliburton.

I first became interested in Halliburton through the engineering job fair. One note, they do not take resumes, you have to submit everything online. After going through the online process, I got an on campus interview. The on campus interview was pretty typical; sign up for a time slot, go and talk to a manager or HR rep. The questions were more or less about why you are interested in working for Halliburton. Some time after the initial interview I received an email for a second interview in Duncan, OK. The second interview was a kind of round Robbin type were you meet with a manager from one of the PSL's for about 30-45 minutes, talk and answer standard behavioral questions, then move on to a different manager. The second round interview is pretty much all day. After my second round I got a phone call a few days later giving me an offer for two different PSL's to choose from.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said they are all pretty much standard behavioral questions. In fact some of the managers barely asked any of them because the conversation ran a little to long.   Answer Question
    There really wasn't a negotiation phase, I'm sure this was because it is an entry level position.

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton.

Half-day Assessment Center, 2 interviews one to one and two to one, one group activity and one presentation on any topic, they just want to see how you carry yourself when facing public, so keep calm and present)

Interview Questions
    • I would say it should be the case study, it is barely possible to solve it. So don't be too worry about the result, focus on how to approach the problem   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Halliburton.

Just made it to the behavioral stage of the interview question. very simple questions about things on the resume. It was on an university event with a lot of potential employers. It was a good interesting experience. The people that interview with you are current workers at field engineer position. very relaxed interview environment.

Artificial Lift Test Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Halliburton in August 2014.

Applied for position April 2014. Received a letter of non-selection for the position via e-mail in May 2014. I did not re-apply for the position but oddly enough was contacted by phone in August for an interview. Interview was informal with nothing out of the ordinary.

Hiring manager explained that he doesn't tolerate B.S. but then asked if I have thick skin which seems like the shop I would have been assigned has horseplay and/or harassment potential.

Was contacted via e-mail a couple weeks later for a second interview. They wanted "a couple" dates / times that I was available. I supplied 5 days and multiple time windows yet I was asked to provide different times as none were good for them. I replied please select a day and time that works best for you and I will be there...

Never heard anything else back from Halliburton. Seemed I was a viable candidate, but they chose to ignore for whatever reason.

My take-away from the entire interview process was, if they treat their job candidates with this level of disregard, it probably isn't a good place to be employed at anyhow. Their hiring process seems broken based on my experience.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton.

Halliburton came at my University. Students who were interested sent their CVs. Halliburton made a shortlist for interviews. There were 5 interviewers. They were all friendly. They were asking mostly personal questions . Most of their questions was based on my CV. They were trying to understand what I had achieved up until today, and who I am.

Interview Questions
    • "Why service company and not operator? "
      Justify why you prefer to work for a service company and not for an operator company !
        Answer Question

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!