Halliburton

Updated 26 Jan 2015
Updated 26 Jan 2015

2.6

Equipment Engineer Interview

The interview and recruitment was transparent which is very good. Although, after my recruitment, my job role was not specified for some time. There was some misunderstanding between the management personnel because of which I worked for six months at a much Junior position than I was recruited for.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical electrical and instrumentation theory questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Completion Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in November 2012.

Applied online through Oil Careers and within a week heard back from a member of the Halliburton HR staff to come in for an interview. Had interview the following week after my invite. Much of the interview was be told about the company from a senior staff member while an HR girl writes notes. After interview is done a past graduate employee takes you for a tour of the company.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, usual basic interview questions. Interview was very layed back, in fact the majority of the interview was spent listening about the company and the role i had applied for. I was expected to give detail on a 3D cad assembly drawing but this was expected with the position.   Answer Question

Got another offer

Cementing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in March 2012.

Phonecall inviting me to a 1 hour interview with the head of cementing and another cement engineer, including 10 minute technical presentation and a short maths test. Interview was fairly laid back and everyone at the company very welcoming and friendly. Relax, be yourself and enjoy the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little bit more about this placement/project.

What was the main thing you gained from it?

View Answer
    • What are your two greatest achievements? And is there anything that you're not so happy with/would change?   View Answer

Software Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewkesbury, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewkesbury, England

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

I applied for the job during my second year at the university.
    The interview took about 4 hours from 9am to 1pm.
    It started with a tour around the offices and factories, a little bit of introduction to the company. then it was the interview with managers and aptitude test.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is "tell us about yourself" when you have to identify your weakness and use it to point out the strength   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

I applied online through a recruiting agency. Few days letter I received a call from them asking if I was still in the market and that Halliburton is now calling for interviews for the position I applied for. An interview was arranged and it was 1:1 interview. It was a skill based interview.

Technical Interview

1st Round very simple, second round tough to crack, everything related to basics of electrical engineering, only 1 or 2 people are selected from a list of 2000 candidates. So, best of luck.

Interview Questions
    • everything related to basics of electrical engineering   Answer Question

Surface Operator I Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton.

First interview was HR interview where general questions was asked on your profile and your experience. Mostly the interview involved discussing job profile and the work experience at the company. Next part of the interview was about your willingness to perform the task. That's pretty much of it .

I T Technician Interview

First was a thirty minute phone interview with a manager that became a 45 minute interview.
    When they invited me to their workplace I spoke to a manager and his manager and both were cordial.

Interview Questions
    • If I had any experience with apple products.   View Answer

Associate Tech Professional (Field Engineer) Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Halliburton.

Had an interview on campus, then took about four weeks for the second interview in Duncan, OK. Did not have chance to interview face to face with any supervisors, had a tour of the site. I was bummed out when they told me the selected region was full. Hopefully I get another chance at a different region that is needing people.

Interview Questions
    • Reps gave a brief lecture on Halliburton. Like every other second interview..socialize!!   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Halliburton.

Initial phone screening by recruiter, followed by a phone interview and then panel interview. The interviews were very conversational and the people on the panel were very friendly. The process was very comfortable. Many of the questions focused on experiences listed on my resume. I was impressed with the interviewers and will continue my quest to work there.

Interview Questions
    • Name the contract clause that your wrote that you are most proud of.   Answer Question