Halliburton Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct 2014
Updated 18 Oct 2014

2.6

Equipment Engineer Interview

The interview and recruitment was transparent which is very good. Although, after my recruitment, my job role was not specified for some time. There was some misunderstanding between the management personnel because of which I worked for six months at a much Junior position than I was recruited for.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were typical electrical and instrumentation theory questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Completion Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in November 2012.

Applied online through Oil Careers and within a week heard back from a member of the Halliburton HR staff to come in for an interview. Had interview the following week after my invite. Much of the interview was be told about the company from a senior staff member while an HR girl writes notes. After interview is done a past graduate employee takes you for a tour of the company.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, usual basic interview questions. Interview was very layed back, in fact the majority of the interview was spent listening about the company and the role i had applied for. I was expected to give detail on a 3D cad assembly drawing but this was expected with the position.   Answer Question

Got another offer

Cementing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in March 2012.

Phonecall inviting me to a 1 hour interview with the head of cementing and another cement engineer, including 10 minute technical presentation and a short maths test. Interview was fairly laid back and everyone at the company very welcoming and friendly. Relax, be yourself and enjoy the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little bit more about this placement/project.

What was the main thing you gained from it?
        View Answer
    • What are your two greatest achievements? And is there anything that you're not so happy with/would change?   View Answer

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

I applied online through a recruiting agency. Few days letter I received a call from them asking if I was still in the market and that Halliburton is now calling for interviews for the position I applied for. An interview was arranged and it was 1:1 interview. It was a skill based interview.

Software Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewkesbury, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewkesbury, England

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

I applied for the job during my second year at the university.
    The interview took about 4 hours from 9am to 1pm.
    It started with a tour around the offices and factories, a little bit of introduction to the company. then it was the interview with managers and aptitude test.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question is "tell us about yourself" when you have to identify your weakness and use it to point out the strength   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Halliburton.

Applied through school's website and got an email to schedule an interview a few weeks ago. Interview was simple. It was about 30mins. Only one person was there asking some basic behavior questions. Interviewer has engineering background but didn't ask any questions relevant to skill. He was really nice, taking notes while you were talking.

Field Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Halliburton.

Phone interview with 2 Engineers. Talked about the position then asked theoretical questions. Questions were difficult and they did not talk during this part. They also communicated with each other while muting themselves. Entry Level positions doesn't mean 0 year experience, Halliburton would like you to have some previous job experience.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time that you had a problem with a client needs and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Halliburton.

The first round was about behavioral questions.
    - Introduce yourself
    - If you are given a tight schedule, how do you handle it?
    - What was your biggest failure so far? How would you have done differently?
    - How do you lead a team of 20 people?
    - Tell me something that shows your leadership skills.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest failure so far? How would you have done differently?   Answer Question

SCMP Interview

In person interview at school.
    Had a face to face interview with recruiter and heard back within a month whether or I was offered the position or not. Leadership experiences are a huge factor in selection as most questions ask you relate to it.

Interview Questions
    • How are you able to influence other around you who are resistant to change?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Management Program Interview

Typical behavioral based questions. Ask about a situation and what did you do. After the interview you will hear from them within a few weeks. Very fast! Offer isn't negotiable. The process is fairly easy and straight forward for an internship position. Average interview it isn't very hard.