Halliburton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Equipment Engineer Interview

Equipment Engineer

Interviewed at Halliburton

Interview Details The interview and recruitment was transparent which is very good. Although, after my recruitment, my job role was not specified for some time. There was some misunderstanding between the management personnel because of which I worked for six months at a much Junior position than I was recruited for.

Interview Question – The questions were typical electrical and instrumentation theory questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Completion Engineer Interview

Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in November 2012.

Interview Details Applied online through Oil Careers and within a week heard back from a member of the Halliburton HR staff to come in for an interview. Had interview the following week after my invite. Much of the interview was be told about the company from a senior staff member while an HR girl writes notes. After interview is done a past graduate employee takes you for a tour of the company.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions, usual basic interview questions. Interview was very layed back, in fact the majority of the interview was spent listening about the company and the role i had applied for. I was expected to give detail on a 3D cad assembly drawing but this was expected with the position.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got another offer

Software Engineering Co-op Interview

Software Engineering Co-op
Tewkesbury, England

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

Interview Details I applied for the job during my second year at the university.
The interview took about 4 hours from 9am to 1pm.
It started with a tour around the offices and factories, a little bit of introduction to the company. then it was the interview with managers and aptitude test.

Interview Question – The most difficult question is "tell us about yourself" when you have to identify your weakness and use it to point out the strength   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in June 2011.

Interview Details I applied online through a recruiting agency. Few days letter I received a call from them asking if I was still in the market and that Halliburton is now calling for interviews for the position I applied for. An interview was arranged and it was 1:1 interview. It was a skill based interview.

Interview Questions

Cementing Engineer Interview

Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Halliburton in March 2012.

Interview Details Phonecall inviting me to a 1 hour interview with the head of cementing and another cement engineer, including 10 minute technical presentation and a short maths test. Interview was fairly laid back and everyone at the company very welcoming and friendly. Relax, be yourself and enjoy the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit more about this placement/project.

What was the main thing you gained from it?
      View Answer
  • What are your two greatest achievements? And is there anything that you're not so happy with/would change?   View Answer

Field Engineer - Wireline Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details As you may have read already from other comments, the two day interview process is very laid back. Meet-and-greet, presentation, and dinner on the first day and field or shop visit, lunch, and out-interview on the second day. What I came to find out from the region I went for (Northeast) is that they do almost everything the same I expected from reading glassdoor comments about field engineer interview process, but the out-interview a bit different. It was 45-60 minutes long instead of the 15 minutes I thought it would be. The interviewer made all the same behavioral questions from the first interview I had on campus, he asked technical questions related to my field of engineering and also about the presentations and shop visit, and gave me a short written exam with electrical and mechanical problems to solve with out a calculator. The technical questions were very basic (i.e. difference between pump and motor, standard household voltage/freq, what does bentonite clay do when drilling). The written exam had a problem of solving for total resistance of a simple circuit, one of hydrostatic pressure, one of step-up transformers, and one wireline problem about calculating the voltage needed to power a tool down the hole at certain distance.

Operator Assistant Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details I heard about a job fair at the local Halliburton. I spoke to a woman who was recruiting and accepting resumes, she was friendly. She then introduced me to the man responsible for interviewing me, who was also quite friendly. The interview was straight forward, he reviewed my resume and asked fair questions. I was hired shortly thereafter.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – wages weren't negotiated, they were firmly set for new employees without experience.
The starting day was negotiated so I could give my previous employer notice which was fair.

Field Engineer - Cased Hole Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Halliburton.

Interview Details 1st interview was on campus. Normal questions such as teamwork, bad/good decision, etc. This interview was after an information session the previous day. Make sure you go to the information session and ask questions during both the info session and interview.

2nd interview was onsite in Texas and involved another information session, touring the site, dinner, and another interview. Make sure to pay attention during all of it because they will ask questions the entire time you're there to make sure you can handle a lot of information and make sure that you're genuinely interested. When they ask questions about what you thought use specific examples about what you learned and don't give 1 word responses. Also, doesn't hurt to be familiar with current events, sports news, etc. for small talk.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over the other candidates?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 2 weeks negotiation

Associate Technical Professional Interview

Duncan, OK (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in April 2014.

Interview Details The process consisted of a total of 5 interviews. Each interview was 45 minutes long and involved talking directly to a hiring manager that was looking to fill positions for their product service line (PSL).

Interview Question – The process was at the max 3 technical questions then it was all about your resume.

Name a time you were in a group and experienced a set back, how did you handle it?
  Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Halliburton in August 2013.

Interview Details My initial perception was that of an organized and traditional office setting in a very structured culture. The initial communications and first two interviews went well and as scheduled, but I was disappointed with their lack of communication, integrity, and lack of professionalism before the remaining scheduled interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – The HR Rep called at 8:30pm the evening before the last and final interview with the hiring manager and requested that I print, compile in a nice neat folder, and bring with me several PowerPoint files that I created in my previous role.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Halliburton

Worked for Halliburton? Contribute to the Community!

Halliburton Videos

Halliburton – Why Work for Us?

What We Do, Where You'll Fit In the coming decades, energy resources will become increasingly difficult to find and access. As one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the upstream energy… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Halliburton interview questions and advice. All 307 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Halliburton employees and interview candidates.