Heinz Interview Questions

3.1

Customer Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Heinz in November 2011.

Interview was 2 on 1. The interviewed lasted over one hour. There was very detailed and difficult questions. The questions were very testing. The people I interviewed with were very testing and were not giving anything anyway. The process was tough but worthwhile.

Interview Questions
    • The way in which the questions where worded could throw people of track.   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Heinz in February 2013.

Headhunter found me- arranged a phone interview,had to pass an online test and then I got invited for a one on one competency based interview.After that there was an assessment centre which was the final round.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of the biggest challenge that you have faced in your life,how did you surpass it and what did you learn from this experience?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Heinz in March 2014.

Contacted by the recruiter, did the phone interview, quickly invited to an in-person interview. The in- person interview was OK. The questions were very standard..tell me about a time. I was in a suit and tie, HR was in jeans. In the middle of the interview HR decided I would be a better fit for another position, and took me to another floor to talk to some in that department, who wasn't there. That threw the entire flow of the interview off. Then I totally felt rushed out, so someone else could have the conference room. I thought the interview went well on my end, I was told they would be in touch within the week. A month, and three emails later. I finally received an email that they decided to go with someone else. I got the feeling of disorganization and that the company was in the middle of some sort of change. The atmosphere was very casual but very uptight. Good learning experience though.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard, scripted tell us about a time questions.   Answer Question

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Zeist (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeist (Netherlands)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Heinz in July 2014.

A recruiter from Heinz approached me via a website for students and young professionals. We planned a first interview with the team leader. The recruiter was also present during that interview. The interview lasted for about an hour and was mostly about my background, the company and the role. The interviewers have a clear view on what skills they expect from the candidate, and ask questions accordingly. Within a week the recruiter got in touch with me to plan a second interview, this time with the Global manager. This interview was planned to check whether I would be a suitable candidate for a permanent role after the internship (this was the overall goal for both parties). This interview also lasted for nearly an hour and was a good conversation about the role, the department and the company culture. About 1.5 weeks after this interview, I received a call from the recruiter that I got the position.

Operations Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Heinz.

The assessment day was well-organised from company introduction, factory visit, presentation to final review of the candidates. We had a chance to meet the Europe President and other leaders of Heinz and talked to them face-to-face. It was fruitful and memorable.

Interview Questions
    • We were divided into groups and were given a case study. We were asked to discuss and came up with a solution to the case.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Heinz in April 2014.

Several stages, including an online application, phone interview, online tests, skype interview and assessment center. The interviews consisted of competency questions. More or less the usual situation based question. I would think about all kind of different situations beforehand as I think you you are being ranked according to the answers.

Interview Questions
    • When did you realize that you were above average?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a situation when you had to solve a difficult problem. What was it and how did you solve it.   View Answer

Financial Analyst - Trade Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Zeist (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeist (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Heinz in July 2013.

After the initial assessment of the CV, an assessment test was required to take. After successful completion of the assessment, I got an invitation for an interview. Three interviewers (HR, Finance Lead, Manager of Project), all looked really friendly, however, the interview process was not really clear of what they were looking for in an employee...

Interview Questions
    • How do you know that Heinz is giving value to its people?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warrendale, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrendale, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Heinz in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter, and they quickly set up an interview for me with Heinz. At Heinz, I interviewed with a woman from HR and then a director in the department where they were hiring for the position. I spoke to each of them for about 30 minutes. They were both very nice to me. My only complaint is that I was rushed out of the conference room when someone needed to use it. I guess they removed all of their offices and replaced them with long computer tables so everyone can work together. I was interviewing in one of the few private rooms, so I needed to go. This happened when it was my turn to ask them any questions that I had. However, it felt awkward to walk and ask questions at the same time, so I decided to only ask a couple of questions. I am assuming I did not get the position, although I never actually received a rejection letter.

On a side note, they did not tell me what pay to expect or what exactly the job would entail. I pretty much had to rely on the recruiters to tell me everything, but it seemed Heinz was vague with them as well. I ended up finding a really old job posting on Indeed from Heinz that finally gave me some concrete details about the person they wanted to hire. Without that, I would have been very unprepared.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you questions listed from the paper that they have in front of them. They are pretty basic behavioral interview questions, but they did seem to emphasize questions that deal with their new culture. (For example, "How has meritocracy benefited you in your life so far?" or "Tell me about a time where you've shown leadership.")   Answer Question

Forecasting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Heinz in July 2014.

4 round interview for Forecasting analyst based in Toronto;
    initial 45min telephone interview with HR,
    then face to face with direct manager,
     third with HR director,
    last one skype interview with director in USA

I stopped at telephone interview with HR. I wrote email and called several times to follow up. But there is no reply whatsoever.It is not very professional for a fortune 500 company.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy interview. Go through CV, education, work experiences, career choice. A few technical questions about what kind of software I used. It took 45 min.   View Answer

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Heinz.

the interview was more focused on potential and aspirations and not so much on past achievements. very different than other companies that hire only experienced professionals. good for college graduates who,don't have experience yet.

Interview Questions
    • questions were easy and very standard as if right from college book on what ideal candidate would be. Made me wonder if any people would really chose the obviously incorrect answer in the screening process - I at least chose the ones that would make me look like a great employee willing to work non - stop to get the job done.   Answer Question

Worked for Heinz? Contribute to the Community!