Heinz Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

3.1

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Heinz (London, England) in September 2014.

Interview

1. Skype interview with a Marking Director on a set of standardized questions across all candidates (a combination between general experience-related questions, examples for situations/circumstances when a certain action has been taken)
    2. Online skills test on numerical, verbal and logical reasoning, pretty similar to the ones of other FMCG companies
    3. Assessment center (Group exercise to check the dynamics in the interactions among the participants, study case concluded with a presentation on answering several issues regarding the study case, face-to-face interview with the HR and member of the Marketing department - quite similar to the one on skype in terms on contents checked, but also including questions regarding the reasons for applying for the company/location)

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult decision you had to take?
      In terms of objectives, how much of the objectives set for this year have you accomplished?

Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

European Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Heinz (London, England) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied for this job via a recruiter - Had to take psychometric tests: Numerical, Verbal and Inductive Reasoning. Had a short telephone interview with the head of European recruiting. Then had a Skype interview with a member of UK senior management. Then invited to an assessment day. Had to prepare a short (5 min) presentation on 'Why Heinz should hire you?' before the assessment day. Staff were very nice and friendly, were given talks and a tour in the morning, then after lunch gave presentation to 5-6 senior members of staff with about 5-10 mins of short interview questions from those staff.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest achievement to date?
      What, if anything, could Heinz improve upon?

Heinz General Management MBA Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Heinz (London, England) in May 2014.

Interview

After submission of CV, a brief 15 minute phone interview was conducted asking basic motivational questions. Upon advancement, I took 3 online assessments, numerical, verbal and logical. After passing these tests, I participated in a 45 minute Skype interview, where I was asked to give stories about how I was leader, managed diverse teams, dealt with adversity and analyzed data. After which I was invited for a half day to Heinz in London. There, I participated in 2 interviews, a brief 15 minute interview with 2 senior personnel and a 30 minute interview with someone from HR and another manager. The questions were very similar to the phone interview before.

Interview Questions

• Tell a story of a time when you had to analyze data in order to make an informed decision?   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Heinz (London, England) in February 2013.

Interview

Headhunter found me- arranged a phone interview,had to pass an online test and then I got invited for a one on one competency based interview.After that there was an assessment centre which was the final round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of the biggest challenge that you have faced in your life,how did you surpass it and what did you learn from this experience?   Answer Question

Customer Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Heinz (London, England) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview was 2 on 1. The interviewed lasted over one hour. There was very detailed and difficult questions. The questions were very testing. The people I interviewed with were very testing and were not giving anything anyway. The process was tough but worthwhile.

Interview Questions

• The way in which the questions where worded could throw people of track.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Heinz.

Interview

I was initially contacted by HR department and scheduled a phone interview with them.
    The phone interview was quite easy. It took less then 40 minutes.
    Several questions on previous experience and one last question was specifically about management experience.
    They asked me if I am willing to relocate.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership experience.
      Why management trainee program?

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Heinz (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

1) Easy phone interview by a recruiter. Completely scripted questions.
    2) Logic and Personality Test
    3) Skype interview with University Relations Specialist: solely behavioral. no discussion about resume. -What is your dream job? -When did you realize you were not average? -rate your excel proficiency and what was the most difficult excel function for you to learn? -why heinz? -what is your favorite Heinz product? -what business line are you most interested in?
    4) Skype interview with a program participant (paired with a person in your business line of interest): behavioral again. -What do you hope to accomplish before you graduate?
    5) On-site in Pittsburgh: 48 hours before the date, we were notified that we would give a presentation as a part of the interview process. 3 mins long answering -What have you achieved so far? -What are you doing now? -Why should Heinz hire you? accompanied by a PowerPoint Presentation. And we presented a group case study that is super easy. We gave the presentation to 3 recruiters, 3 executives (one is the CEO), and half of all the candidates.

Overall: All of the interviews are extremely easy. As long as you are prepared to answer behavioral questions and have researched the company, you should have a pretty easy time. For the on-site, it is difficult to assess how you are being evaluated. During the case study, the recruiters walked around and wrote notes under a person's picture (they have a clipboard with papers of all the candidates' pictures). Later, we gave the presentations and no follow-up questions are asked, so it seems we are assessed predominately on our presentations. It's cool that Bernardo watches our presentations, but it feels more "show-like" meaning it didn't seem he has any role in the hiring process and rather, he is just there to make us feel like we are cared about. Overall, the interview process is very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What is a company you admire?   Answer Question
    • "At Heinz, our top performers act like leaders." What does this quote mean to you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Heinz.

Interview

The interview only lasted 10-15 minutes with the interviewer seeming to be rushed to complete the process. The initial phone screening was pretty standard; nothing difficult. When asked about the numerous bad reviews of the company, there was a long pause and the question was ignored.

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Heinz (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

4 interviews before hiring. The first three are telephone and are each accomplished by a different person from HR. The second interviewer rejected me for asking about what salary was offered. Said I should be more interested in what great opportunities heinz could offer.

Interview Questions

• When did you first know you were above average?   2 Answers
    • I asked about salary. She said it was highly inappropriate for me to ask that.   1 Answer

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Heinz.

Interview

i applied online. had 2 phone/video interviews. the entire process took about a month; most of the questions were behavioral questions and some case questions on branding/P&L. Overall, it wasn't difficult; it's pretty much as expected fro other CPG companies. people I interviewed with were nice, and they were not trying to challenge you a lot or anything, rather they tried to understand your background and cultural it with a company

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard to the brand management roles. some of them:
      - example of a brand that effectively used consumer insights
      - what would you if your costs go up and you have to meet the margin targets
      - bunch of behavioral questions (leadership example etc)