Heinz

Updated 5 Jan 2015

3.1

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Heinz in September 2014.

1. Skype interview with a Marking Director on a set of standardized questions across all candidates (a combination between general experience-related questions, examples for situations/circumstances when a certain action has been taken)
    2. Online skills test on numerical, verbal and logical reasoning, pretty similar to the ones of other FMCG companies
    3. Assessment center (Group exercise to check the dynamics in the interactions among the participants, study case concluded with a presentation on answering several issues regarding the study case, face-to-face interview with the HR and member of the Marketing department - quite similar to the one on skype in terms on contents checked, but also including questions regarding the reasons for applying for the company/location)

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult decision you had to take?
      In terms of objectives, how much of the objectives set for this year have you accomplished?

Answer Question
    no negotiation

European Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Heinz in June 2014.

Applied for this job via a recruiter - Had to take psychometric tests: Numerical, Verbal and Inductive Reasoning. Had a short telephone interview with the head of European recruiting. Then had a Skype interview with a member of UK senior management. Then invited to an assessment day. Had to prepare a short (5 min) presentation on 'Why Heinz should hire you?' before the assessment day. Staff were very nice and friendly, were given talks and a tour in the morning, then after lunch gave presentation to 5-6 senior members of staff with about 5-10 mins of short interview questions from those staff.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest achievement to date?
      What, if anything, could Heinz improve upon?

Answer Question

Heinz General Management MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Heinz in May 2014.

After submission of CV, a brief 15 minute phone interview was conducted asking basic motivational questions. Upon advancement, I took 3 online assessments, numerical, verbal and logical. After passing these tests, I participated in a 45 minute Skype interview, where I was asked to give stories about how I was leader, managed diverse teams, dealt with adversity and analyzed data. After which I was invited for a half day to Heinz in London. There, I participated in 2 interviews, a brief 15 minute interview with 2 senior personnel and a 30 minute interview with someone from HR and another manager. The questions were very similar to the phone interview before.

Interview Questions
    • Tell a story of a time when you had to analyze data in order to make an informed decision?   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Heinz in February 2013.

Headhunter found me- arranged a phone interview,had to pass an online test and then I got invited for a one on one competency based interview.After that there was an assessment centre which was the final round.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of the biggest challenge that you have faced in your life,how did you surpass it and what did you learn from this experience?   Answer Question

Customer Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Heinz in November 2011.

Interview was 2 on 1. The interviewed lasted over one hour. There was very detailed and difficult questions. The questions were very testing. The people I interviewed with were very testing and were not giving anything anyway. The process was tough but worthwhile.

Interview Questions
    • The way in which the questions where worded could throw people of track.   Answer Question

Heinz Leadership Program Interview

I got a email for the recruiter asking to schedule a phone interview for the first round .. which went well & progresses to second round . Second round consisted to two in-person interviews but senior recruiters who were likely looking for a fit with the company. I got the final decision in about two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to demonstrate a situation where I did not succeed at the first try ?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Heinz.

3 interviews over the course of 2 months. 1st initial interview was over the phone, the next 2 were on site with 3 management team members. Several of the team members were recently graduated students who seem to struggle with industry terminology, S & OP terms, general understanding of the Consumer packaged goods business.

Interview Questions
    • If you were hired but another employee was found internally that better suits the position would you be reassigned without any hostility towards the management group.   View Answer

Sales Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Heinz.

There are various levels of interviews. I had a phone interview first, and then two consecutive Skype interviews. I was told that if I made it beyond that point there would be a group interview and another individual interview. The phone interview asked mainly typical questions. The guy that interviewed me was kind of rude to me about some of my answers/the place I go to college. The Skype interviews went very well and took about 40 minutes total.

Interview Questions
    • First interviewer asked me to give specific examples of a time I used/expereinced analytics, marketing, and sales.   Answer Question

Engineering Assistant Interview

Took 3-4 months - was referred by a previous engineer. No phone interview. Just had one on site interview. Mostly personality questions, and what would you do questions. The interview lasted about 3 hours in total though.

no negotiations

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Heinz.

I applied for the position through my university's career website and on the company website after meeting recruiters at my university's career fair. A few days later, I received an email asking for a phone interview, which went well, and was followed by a logic test and a personality test. The process was a bit time-consuming, but it went well, so I got an on-campus interview. The interview lasted over an hour, with mostly behavioral questions in the beginning, and more random questions towards the end. The second set of questions seemed to be based more on things I had said, so the questions were more unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • My impression is that the interviewers wanted to see how well you can respond to questions you aren't necessarily expecting, so be prepared to talk about yourself in more than just the typical behavioral question format.   Answer Question