Heinz Interview Questions & Reviews

57 interviews

Customer Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Heinz in November 2011.

Interview was 2 on 1. The interviewed lasted over one hour. There was very detailed and difficult questions. The questions were very testing. The people I interviewed with were very testing and were not giving anything anyway. The process was tough but worthwhile.

Interview Questions
    • The way in which the questions where worded could throw people of track.   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Heinz in February 2013.

Headhunter found me- arranged a phone interview,had to pass an online test and then I got invited for a one on one competency based interview.After that there was an assessment centre which was the final round.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of the biggest challenge that you have faced in your life,how did you surpass it and what did you learn from this experience?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Heinz in April 2014.

Several stages, including an online application, phone interview, online tests, skype interview and assessment center. The interviews consisted of competency questions. More or less the usual situation based question. I would think about all kind of different situations beforehand as I think you you are being ranked according to the answers.

Interview Questions
    • When did you realize that you were above average?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a situation when you had to solve a difficult problem. What was it and how did you solve it.   View Answer

Financial Analyst - Trade Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Zeist (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Employee in Zeist (Netherlands)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Heinz in July 2013.

After the initial assessment of the CV, an assessment test was required to take. After successful completion of the assessment, I got an invitation for an interview. Three interviewers (HR, Finance Lead, Manager of Project), all looked really friendly, however, the interview process was not really clear of what they were looking for in an employee...

Interview Questions
    • How do you know that Heinz is giving value to its people?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Warrendale, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Warrendale, PA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Heinz in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter, and they quickly set up an interview for me with Heinz. At Heinz, I interviewed with a woman from HR and then a director in the department where they were hiring for the position. I spoke to each of them for about 30 minutes. They were both very nice to me. My only complaint is that I was rushed out of the conference room when someone needed to use it. I guess they removed all of their offices and replaced them with long computer tables so everyone can work together. I was interviewing in one of the few private rooms, so I needed to go. This happened when it was my turn to ask them any questions that I had. However, it felt awkward to walk and ask questions at the same time, so I decided to only ask a couple of questions. I am assuming I did not get the position, although I never actually received a rejection letter.

On a side note, they did not tell me what pay to expect or what exactly the job would entail. I pretty much had to rely on the recruiters to tell me everything, but it seemed Heinz was vague with them as well. I ended up finding a really old job posting on Indeed from Heinz that finally gave me some concrete details about the person they wanted to hire. Without that, I would have been very unprepared.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you questions listed from the paper that they have in front of them. They are pretty basic behavioral interview questions, but they did seem to emphasize questions that deal with their new culture. (For example, "How has meritocracy benefited you in your life so far?" or "Tell me about a time where you've shown leadership.")   Answer Question

Forecasting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Heinz in July 2014.

4 round interview for Forecasting analyst based in Toronto;
    initial 45min telephone interview with HR,
    then face to face with direct manager,
     third with HR director,
    last one skype interview with director in USA

I stopped at telephone interview with HR. I wrote email and called several times to follow up. But there is no reply whatsoever.It is not very professional for a fortune 500 company.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy interview. Go through CV, education, work experiences, career choice. A few technical questions about what kind of software I used. It took 45 min.   View Answer

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Heinz.

the interview was more focused on potential and aspirations and not so much on past achievements. very different than other companies that hire only experienced professionals. good for college graduates who,don't have experience yet.

Interview Questions
    • questions were easy and very standard as if right from college book on what ideal candidate would be. Made me wonder if any people would really chose the obviously incorrect answer in the screening process - I at least chose the ones that would make me look like a great employee willing to work non - stop to get the job done.   Answer Question

Graduate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Heinz in April 2014.

Phone Interview was the 2nd step of the process, recruiter called me and in 10 min she asked 10 questions. If you cant answer she immediately passes to the next, i was so much excited and could not answer 1 of them

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not hard, leadership, defects, strengths   Answer Question

Cost Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Heinz in February 2014.

Applied online and finally received an email exactly 4 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Did a phone interview with the regional controller in Pittsburgh about a week later. Then scheduled for an in-person interview one week after that. The day before my in-person interview I received an EMAIL saying the position was being recalled and they would not be doing any interviews. Then the morning after my cancelled interview, I got another email asking if I could go in to interview THAT DAY! I called my husband home from work to watch our toddler so I could drop everything and go in to interview. Met with the plant manager for about 20 minutes and then with the HR rep for about 30 minutes and told I would hear back from her. It is now almost 5 months later and I haven't heard back yes, no, or otherwise. One of the most unprofessional interview processes I've been through.

Interview Questions
    • Will the smell bother you [since it's a food manufacturing plant]?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Ontario, OR (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Ontario, OR (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Heinz in May 2014.

Had a great phone interview with recruiter. Made me feel like I had the job. He set up an interview with the Human Resources Director a week later. Recruiter even told me, "No need to sell yourself". Interview went well and I tried to follow up several times but never heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Mostly behavioral type questions. The standard, "describe a time when..." questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Heinz? Contribute to the Community!