Hertz

Getting the Interview

39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details The manager is looking for someone who is sales oriented and able to help grow their business. They will also ask if you are willing to clean the cars. You will also have to meet with the location manager to see if you are a fit for their location.

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer complaint.   Answer Question

Twin Falls, ID (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hertz in March 2014.

Interview Details Call you on your Application, call you for phone interview. set up appointment to talk with hiring Manager.

Interview Question – Interviewing/Hiring Manager was not prepared had no questions to ask even forgot his pen.
 had to do self interview with him. have 21 years of management and told I don't have enough experience then they hired a 24 year old kid
  Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details Basic questions. 5 strengths,weaknesses. Situation questions and how you resolved them.

Interview Question – no real difficult questions   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details I had a phone interview, a personality test ( which if you fail they will not move you forward) followed by an in person interview. To work at an HLE you must have a college degree.

Interview Question – How would you handle an irate customer?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Hertz in March 2012.

Interview Details Pretty much just come prepared. Do not need a good GPA in college. Dress the part and have a candid conversation with the interviewers. Understand that it is a sales based job and you will be cleaning cars and answering phones... sometimes all at once

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details Completed app online a week later I got a call back and was asked a series of question, which lead to my first interview which was more of a meet & greet with the location manager and if he approves you meet the area manager they both ask the same questions, but be prepared to answer them differently. Also they do a complete background check and drug test so study hard!!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Hertz   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz in May 2012.

Interview Details I had one interview with a Branch Manager and the Area Manager. I received a called back the very next day.

Interview Question – Questions were very typical. They really like when people have an "entrepreneur mindset". They also look for specific answer, not generic/general answers.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details They are going to ask you what is more important...Sales or Customer Service? They are going to ask how many cars you think they have in the fleet. Try to smile and laugh a lot. That is very important for their company. Regardless, the only way you won't get hired here is if you fail the drug test or a complete mute. it is usually a 2 interview process. The first with an Area manager and the second with a General Manager.

Interview Question – Everything is straight forward. Just make it seem like you are interested   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. I choose this place because it was the only thing I could get for the time being. Starting pay is what it is. Don't expect a negotiation to take place.

Orlando, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz in May 2012.

Interview Details Very simple process, 2 interviews one on campus then an interview with District Manager. Show a lot of energy and come off as motivated. Make sure your prepared to do a lot of hours working for Hertz. Both of interviewers were extremely professional.

Interview Question – Everything was expected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was early in my post graduation stage and wanted to view other options.

Very Easy Interview

Joliet, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in April 2011.

Interview Details i met with the area manager he was very straightforward with me about how things may be hard when i first start as a manager trainee, but that the job will improve quickly if the work is put in. he stated that i would be held to standards (sales goals, customer service surveys, ect.) but that if i achieved them I would excel within hertz very quickly. it was very to the point and easy

Interview Question – how do you feel about being held to standards by having to hit specific goals.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hertz

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!

Hertz Videos

Hertz – Why Work for Us?

Who We Are In September of 1918, the pioneer of auto renting, Walter L. Jacobs, at the age of 22, opened a car-rental operation in Chicago. Starting with a dozen Model T Fords, which he repaired and repainted himself… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hertz Manager Trainee interview questions and advice. All 39 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hertz employees and interview candidates.