Hewlett-Packard

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2009.

Straight forward process, telephone interview and two face to face interviews.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2009.

Several Interviews, explained the EDS Way, told about dress code, no drinking at lunch hour, the interviewers were less experienced so the answers to most questions were accepted at face value. Interviewers seemed more interested in the company I left.

Interview Questions
    • The statements about giving all, not clock watching, what to wear, etc. were all unexpected as most of the comments were just common sense for a management position. But the interviewers were at pains to explain that image was made EDS different. They were also interested in how many existing customers I could bring with me. Poach in other words. Wouldn't do this.   View Answer
    I told them what I wanted, they agreed. Should have asked for more, but as it was, I did ask for a big increase. Of course, word on the street is that you wont see an increase for many years, or a bonus, so I made sure to include these in my demands. I am only at EDS for the money, so in a year or two, if they don't deliver, I will leave.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2014.

3 step interview process. 2 phone interviews and 1 in office interview. In office interview lasted just over 3 hours and was an absolute pleasure. Everyone I spoke with was extremely pleasant, which made the interviews go by fast. Everyone had an discussion approach to the interview, so it felt like having a conversion with a colleague.

Interview Questions
    • If our service crashes for our client, how do you handle that situation?   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2014.

Very easy interview and very shallow questions. Interviewer could have been a little sharper and more prepared. The panel was very disorganized and took 15 minutes just to get everyone prepared and ready to go.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

I was the principal candidate under consideration. I had worked closely with the hiring manager during my time with an HP partner so we already knew each other well. Second interview was with a local manager who I would have a dotted line relationship with.

My references were checked and interviewed for a substantial amount of time.

Interview Questions
    Advice: Get what you want right away. Once you're in, you will ind out that there is usually 0 budget for raises.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Just a typical type of interview. Not panel.

Interview Questions
    • They did ask technical questions so be prepared to review their product line in a little more depth.   Answer Question
    typical

Account Manager Interview

background work in finding out what dept you are applying to and if you have friends working in the dept. Interviews are usually more of a formality rather than a real interview. The issue is usually on price.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2011.

I decided to apply for a Pre-Sales job post I have seen on the company web page. As I was acquainted with one of the local HR managers in the company, I decided to send her a message from LinkedIn. She responded immediately, asking me to apply directly from the official company site and send my resume to herself and another local HR manager.
    A week later, I received a call from the HR to arrange for an interview with HP Procurve regional manager, yet not about the position I applied for, but for a more sales oriented one. I agreed to meet anyway, since even if I was displeased about the position offer and decided not to move on, it is always good to add someone to your network. We set the interview date a week later, in HP Headquarters. The interview went very positive. The country manager was the only person present in the interview. We discussed the offered position's responsibilities, what chances it offers, how my career has developed, how I can contribute to HP Procurve's targets, and son on. Finally, the country manager suggested that I take a few days' time to decide on whether I would like to move to a direct sales position and inform him accordingly.
    After 3-4 days, I called him back and told that I was reluctant to move to a direct sales position.

Interview Questions
    • Can you work well under pressure of a quarterly quota?   View Answer

Although, I had applied for a more technical position, the interview was about an account manager position. After the first meeting and careful rethinking, I decided I didn't want to move to a direct sales related position at that moment. So I decided not to waste any more of my time and the interviewer's time. Hence, I informed the country manager and company HR of my decision. We thanked each other at the end.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2010.

I applied on line and had an internal employee float my resume directly to the hiring manager and recruiting manager. After an initial screening with Hr I started a series of 5 phone interviews with management. Once that was completed I was given an offer by the hiring manager.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2010.

Applied online after which had 3 separate interviews

1. HR and standard background checks and motivations for the application
    2. Hiring Managers panel interview, in depth work experience and background questions
    3. Last Minute Presentation Request with Panel interview.

Package received was the agreed structure, HR tried to negotiate lower but with Hiring managers support eventually got the deal I wanted.