Hewlett-Packard

2.9

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Erskine, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erskine, Scotland

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2014.

I applied for a Graduate position at HP in Erskine, Scotland. The telephone interview was basic competency questions - really to check your not an idiot. The assessment center was very casual and laid back - a ten-minute presentation was expected of me on a chosen statement out of 5 sent in an email. I went for 'Cloud computing is the future of IT'. After I did my presentation on the day in the morning, we had a small break then I done my 'hot-swap' interviews amongst 3 members of staff for 10 minutes at a time. The questions posed were not very difficult at all, and the wole day lasted just under 3.5 hours. Very, very casual.

Interview Questions
    Phone call saying your offer will be dependent on passing security checks (a formality really) then the straight up offer of 25k + 3k signing on bonus which was nice

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Erskine, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erskine, Scotland

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Most new sales reps are supplied by an agency and given an onsite interview. If you pass this you may be asked to deliver a presentation to a panel of interviewers who will also ask some difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    • You will be provided several competency based questions and role plays including trying to get past a PA to speak with a decision maker even though you would not be expected to do this in the role you are applying for.   View Answer
    Not much room to negotiate on basic salary.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hook, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hook, England

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2013.

direct through HP recruitment, one interview, general chat and technical interview, required clearance forms to be submitted, no real problems. And and and and and and and and and

No negotiations

Graduate Applications Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2012.

The process took 2 months. I applied online and received an e-mail asking me take part in a telephone interview. Once I passed that I was invited to an assessment centre in Newcastle. It was broken down into a schedule; group exercises and presentations.

Interview Questions
    • The group exercise involved calculating how to rob a bank in a certain amount of time while being watched by a panel of interviewers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bracknell, England
    Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2013.

I was contacted out of the blue by a HP internal recruiter on LinkedIn about this role, I responded right away and it took about a week or so to hear back and then a further week to have a telephone conversation. The telephone interview with the recruiter was in-depth, both in terms of wanting to understand my capabilties and also in terms of outlining the role which was great. It was then another week or so until I heard anything, I was then invited to attend a final stage interview at the head office. I attended and although it was a little poorly structured, i.e no clear set of questions so it jumped around a bit between the two interviewers. The interview went well and there was a real positive vibe, I think you can tell when you've done well and when you haven't and I was feeling good based on the reactions I had gotten.
    Anyway, despite my hopes, I didn't hear anything for a whole month! I ended up chasing up the recruiter, who said he had very positive feedback but that he was no longer dealing with the role so brushed me off to someone else because the role had been moved to a different recruiter interally. I contacted the new recruiter who never came back to me. Several weeks later (so we're now talking 6 weeks after the interview) I was contacted to say simply that the requirements of the role had changed.
    This process ended up taking 2 months and it was so dragged out and ultimately a waste of my time.

Pre-Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2013.

CV
    Telephone Interview
    Assessment Centre
    - Two group exercises - Reviewed on criteria from 1-4 based on team work. Recommend being talkative, but bringing other people into the conversation, by name, consider their opinions and check what the rest of the group think.
    - Interview
    - Presentation

N/A - Graduate Scheme

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bristol, England
    Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I interviewed online - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

Ok. No HR people involved. Only interns and a software developer.
    1 hour competency interview
    1 hours technical interview
    1 hours group assesment

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2013.

After filling out initial application form I then received a call in which I was asked some basic competency based questions and a general overview of the graduate scheme. After this I was invited to St. James Park for an assessment centre, we first had to take part in a group task in which we had to organise a way to get off a deserted island within a specific time frame, whilst current HP employees watched us. After this we were then taken to private boxes within the stadium to have our one to one interviews, here we were asked simple basic competency questions and were asked if we had any questions about the scheme and what it's like to work with the company. Finally we were given 10 minutes to prepare for a 5 minute presentation on 'Why do you want to work for HP'

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you prepare fully for the presentation topic, if possible see if people in earlier assessment centre's have posted what the question may be online.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2009.

Several Interviews, explained the EDS Way, told about dress code, no drinking at lunch hour, the interviewers were less experienced so the answers to most questions were accepted at face value. Interviewers seemed more interested in the company I left.

Interview Questions
    • The statements about giving all, not clock watching, what to wear, etc. were all unexpected as most of the comments were just common sense for a management position. But the interviewers were at pains to explain that image was made EDS different. They were also interested in how many existing customers I could bring with me. Poach in other words. Wouldn't do this.   View Answer
    I told them what I wanted, they agreed. Should have asked for more, but as it was, I did ask for a big increase. Of course, word on the street is that you wont see an increase for many years, or a bonus, so I made sure to include these in my demands. I am only at EDS for the money, so in a year or two, if they don't deliver, I will leave.

Accountant Delivery Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2011.

initial telephone review, followed by single meeting in London with two managers

Interview Questions
    • DEtailed technology question around Citrix capabilities   Answer Question
    Easy as we talked about my previous experience on other contracts

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!