Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions

1,823 Interview Reviews

2.9

IT Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erskine, Scotland

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Erskine, Scotland) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a telephone interview that lasted about 20 minutes and they asked simple competency based questions.
    After the interview they said I've passed it and will transfer my information to the hiring manager and they will review to see if I fit the role.
    Also that within the next 2 weeks I should hear from them.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength?
      What is your biggest weakness?
      What does HP do?
      Why do you want to work for HP?

Answer Question

Business Roles Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bracknell, England) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and calming. There was no pressure from the person on the other side. FIrst we talked about my past and how that can potentially help me in my career. Then hte questions were competency based and there was a question to describe you excel skills. It was about 15minutes.

Strategic Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bracknell, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Two telephone interviews, assessment centre and if successful final interview next day.
    Not good experience, not a meaning at all.
    The job offer went to candidates who made a placement with them.

Interview Questions

• Basic Interview Questions plus some technical and more in depth ones.
      About yourself, why this role etc

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Phone Interview, Phone Interview then assessment day. Assessment day was in Bracknell, furthermore, once you had passed the Human Resources exam you were more likely to receive a position after as you were put forward for others.

Interview Questions

• Other than electrical equipment, what else do we do?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erskine, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Erskine, Scotland).

Interview

Most new sales reps are supplied by an agency and given an onsite interview. If you pass this you may be asked to deliver a presentation to a panel of interviewers who will also ask some difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• You will be provided several competency based questions and role plays including trying to get past a PA to speak with a decision maker even though you would not be expected to do this in the role you are applying for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate on basic salary.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erskine, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Erskine, Scotland) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for a Graduate position at HP in Erskine, Scotland. The telephone interview was basic competency questions - really to check your not an idiot. The assessment center was very casual and laid back - a ten-minute presentation was expected of me on a chosen statement out of 5 sent in an email. I went for 'Cloud computing is the future of IT'. After I did my presentation on the day in the morning, we had a small break then I done my 'hot-swap' interviews amongst 3 members of staff for 10 minutes at a time. The questions posed were not very difficult at all, and the wole day lasted just under 3.5 hours. Very, very casual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Phone call saying your offer will be dependent on passing security checks (a formality really) then the straight up offer of 25k + 3k signing on bonus which was nice

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bristol, England) in April 2014.

Interview

Ok. No HR people involved. Only interns and a software developer.
    1 hour competency interview
    1 hours technical interview
    1 hours group assesment

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in September 2013.

Interview

After filling out initial application form I then received a call in which I was asked some basic competency based questions and a general overview of the graduate scheme. After this I was invited to St. James Park for an assessment centre, we first had to take part in a group task in which we had to organise a way to get off a deserted island within a specific time frame, whilst current HP employees watched us. After this we were then taken to private boxes within the stadium to have our one to one interviews, here we were asked simple basic competency questions and were asked if we had any questions about the scheme and what it's like to work with the company. Finally we were given 10 minutes to prepare for a 5 minute presentation on 'Why do you want to work for HP'

Interview Questions

• Make sure you prepare fully for the presentation topic, if possible see if people in earlier assessment centre's have posted what the question may be online.   Answer Question

Pre-Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in May 2013.

Interview

CV
    Telephone Interview
    Assessment Centre
    - Two group exercises - Reviewed on criteria from 1-4 based on team work. Recommend being talkative, but bringing other people into the conversation, by name, consider their opinions and check what the rest of the group think.
    - Interview
    - Presentation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A - Graduate Scheme

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Newcastle upon Tyne, England).

Interview

I cannot comment as I came in on the graduate scheme which was based around an initial phone interview, a technical phone interview and then a one day assessment center