Hilton Worldwide Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in May 2013.

Using Taleo on the Hilton website, apply for positions and the person appropriate to the role will contact you. They then set an interview date and I went along. It was a fairly quick process because I was already working for them.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions about experience and what would you do scenarios   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate wage but it was not possible

Commis Chef Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2012.

i applied online late at night and they called me in the morning at 9 am for a interview that day at 2 pm which i made, the interview was with my head chef and he had notified me at the end of the interview that i had the job for the opening of the brand new hotel.

Graduate Programmer Interview

I attended the video interview. it comprises of 9 Qs and the time limit for each is 3 mins. It's a competency based interview. Normally i would answer one question within 2 mins. I feel i delivered good performance but i haven't been notified of the outcome yet. Hopefully it will turn out fine.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you work with data. What did you do ? Whats the outcome ?   Answer Question

Intern Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lancaster, England
    Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, England

I interviewed online - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

on line vidoe chat interview. ask some basic questions like why do you apply, what makes you fit ect. and then test three main compentency 1-customer orientation 2-communication 3-can`t remember if it is business acumen or somthing related.

Interview Questions
    • which is more important? complete the task 100% accurate or om time   View Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Aberdeen, Scotland
    Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in October 2010.

I enjoyed the interviewing process which also contained a training part, everybody was friendly and easy-going. However, the details are still confidential, but I am sure that most of people would enjoy it as much as I did.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult for me was a task aimed at checking the dexterity in handling the cutlery, but I was not expected to be perfect at it from that moment and I received more then enough help throughout my training.   Answer Question

Food & Beverage Host Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bristol, England
    Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in February 2010.

I've already worked in that hotel as a housekeeper, but I wanted to a better job what can fit me better. So I went for the HR and she offered me to find the Restaurant Manager and he can interview me one on one.
    On the interview I was asked about my past experiences and than about my future plans. Why I wanna be a waiter? Whats are my personal goals? After that he asked me a few question about the costumer service and problem shooting. For example what would I do if one of the guest find a hair in her dinner? How can I co-operate with other workers from the team?

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a costumer start to yelling with you about the service?   Answer Question

Waiter Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2009.

Group interview is quite difficult when facing other applicants for the job. I beleive that if at the first place you try to involves each members from the group it will show managing skills.

Do it as soon as the group questions is asked. It will be more powerful.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example when you have to do the extra miles?   View Answer

Reservation Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2014.

After passing the initial assessment, the Hirevue (video) interview, PC Check (this is an absolute must) within two days of the application, I was scheduled for a phone interview on my third day. I thought I did very well, even with the 'role play'.

However, I am sure the reason I did not get an offer was because of my 'over qualification'. I have a MBA (Master in Business Administration) and I am working on my PhD. I definitely would prefer a work at home job, because of the flexibility, and I do not have any small children at home. That was what caught my attention to this position.

The interviewer spent quite some time questioning me about my degree and upcoming Doctorate completion. I sensed that I was not going to get the position when she stated that, it seems that I would be more suited or I seem to have more of a business/management/HR background, etc. I explained to her that while that may seem like the obvious, I also am very interested in customer service, I do have extensive background in that field, and probably over time that could be something that I would do when seeking upward mobility in the future.

I still have to say, that the experience and the process was an eye opener since I have never done any other job interview like this. I like the ease and comforts of doing everything from your home and phone. It made me feel very relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Question: When did you start your PhD program?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in July 2014.

I applied through their website and was called a week later to meet with the HR manager. The interview lasted 15 minutes, and the second I left, I knew I did not want to work there. The HR manager did not tell me much about the position, she just reiterated that I would be answering e-mails and phone calls. She didn't even speak highly of the company. Even though I knew I didn't want to job, I still like to follow-up, out of courtesy. To my surprise, this company does not let their candidates know that they weren't chosen for a position or that it was filled.

Interview Questions
    • The HR manager kept asking me if I would be challenged with answering e-mails and taking phone calls.   View Answer

Revenue Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Received the call to schedule an interview less than 5 days after sending out resume. First round interview was on site with Assistant Director of Human Resource. Basically just behavioral question, like Why revenue analyst at (why) Hilton? Why should hire you? Where do you see yourself at 3-5 years?

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest challenge in your previous Revenue Analyst position?   Answer Question

Worked for Hilton Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!