Hilton Worldwide Interview Questions

2.7

Food and Beverage Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newcastle, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in September 2014.

Invited to the interview via phone call, when I arrived at the Hilton I was directed to the correct reception, filled in a reference contact sheet. During the interview I was asked to talk about my self, what I have done this far and where I see myself in the future. I was asked to go into detail about my bar background and asked why I enjoyed working behind the bar so much. Then listened to the interviewer (F&B Manager) describe the role and abit about the hotels various department. Then a little chat to wind the interview down. Was contacted later that day via email to say I was successful and was invited to a Hotel Induction (which I will be attending in a couple of days from now).

N/A

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in May 2013.

Using Taleo on the Hilton website, apply for positions and the person appropriate to the role will contact you. They then set an interview date and I went along. It was a fairly quick process because I was already working for them.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions about experience and what would you do scenarios   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate wage but it was not possible

Commis Chef Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2012.

i applied online late at night and they called me in the morning at 9 am for a interview that day at 2 pm which i made, the interview was with my head chef and he had notified me at the end of the interview that i had the job for the opening of the brand new hotel.

Graduate Programmer Interview

I attended the video interview. it comprises of 9 Qs and the time limit for each is 3 mins. It's a competency based interview. Normally i would answer one question within 2 mins. I feel i delivered good performance but i haven't been notified of the outcome yet. Hopefully it will turn out fine.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you work with data. What did you do ? Whats the outcome ?   Answer Question

Intern Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lancaster, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, England

I applied online - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

on line vidoe chat interview. ask some basic questions like why do you apply, what makes you fit ect. and then test three main compentency 1-customer orientation 2-communication 3-can`t remember if it is business acumen or somthing related.

Interview Questions
    • which is more important? complete the task 100% accurate or om time   View Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aberdeen, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in October 2010.

I enjoyed the interviewing process which also contained a training part, everybody was friendly and easy-going. However, the details are still confidential, but I am sure that most of people would enjoy it as much as I did.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult for me was a task aimed at checking the dexterity in handling the cutlery, but I was not expected to be perfect at it from that moment and I received more then enough help throughout my training.   Answer Question

Food & Beverage Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bristol, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in February 2010.

I've already worked in that hotel as a housekeeper, but I wanted to a better job what can fit me better. So I went for the HR and she offered me to find the Restaurant Manager and he can interview me one on one.
    On the interview I was asked about my past experiences and than about my future plans. Why I wanna be a waiter? Whats are my personal goals? After that he asked me a few question about the costumer service and problem shooting. For example what would I do if one of the guest find a hair in her dinner? How can I co-operate with other workers from the team?

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a costumer start to yelling with you about the service?   Answer Question

Waiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2009.

Group interview is quite difficult when facing other applicants for the job. I beleive that if at the first place you try to involves each members from the group it will show managing skills.

Do it as soon as the group questions is asked. It will be more powerful.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example when you have to do the extra miles?   View Answer

Room Service Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in April 2014.

I received a phone call within several days of submitting my application to set up a phone interview (out of state, looking to move). Phone interview took 20-30 minutes, standard customer service questions, inquiries about my work history, etc. Interviewer explained the position in detail and asked about my desired direction after being hired. After the interview, the interviewer said everything sounded good, that they'd be contacting me within a week to schedule my second interview. I never received a phone call, but received an email after a few days telling me I was not accepted for the position - odd, considering they'd told me I had gotten a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you wanted to reach a goal and if you failed how you handled it?   View Answers (2)

Stewart/Dishwasher Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Great organization and straight forward went very well I'm glad I had the opportunity it was a short waiting period and very friendly staff many done same day and gave plenty a chance for new opportunity

Worked for Hilton Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!