Hilton Worldwide

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in May 2013.

Interview Details Using Taleo on the Hilton website, apply for positions and the person appropriate to the role will contact you. They then set an interview date and I went along. It was a fairly quick process because I was already working for them.

Interview Question – Lots of questions about experience and what would you do scenarios   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate wage but it was not possible

Commis Chef Interview

Commis Chef

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in June 2012.

Interview Details i applied online late at night and they called me in the morning at 9 am for a interview that day at 2 pm which i made, the interview was with my head chef and he had notified me at the end of the interview that i had the job for the opening of the brand new hotel.

Graduate Programmer Interview

Graduate Programmer

Interviewed at Hilton Worldwide

Interview Details I attended the video interview. it comprises of 9 Qs and the time limit for each is 3 mins. It's a competency based interview. Normally i would answer one question within 2 mins. I feel i delivered good performance but i haven't been notified of the outcome yet. Hopefully it will turn out fine.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you work with data. What did you do ? Whats the outcome ?   Answer Question

Intern Sales and Marketing Interview

Intern Sales and Marketing
Lancaster, England

I applied online and interviewed at Hilton Worldwide.

Interview Details on line vidoe chat interview. ask some basic questions like why do you apply, what makes you fit ect. and then test three main compentency 1-customer orientation 2-communication 3-can`t remember if it is business acumen or somthing related.

Interview Question – which is more important? complete the task 100% accurate or om time   View Answer

Waitress Interview

Waitress
Aberdeen, Scotland

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in October 2010.

Interview Details I enjoyed the interviewing process which also contained a training part, everybody was friendly and easy-going. However, the details are still confidential, but I am sure that most of people would enjoy it as much as I did.

Interview Question – The most difficult for me was a task aimed at checking the dexterity in handling the cutlery, but I was not expected to be perfect at it from that moment and I received more then enough help throughout my training.   Answer Question

Food & Beverage Host Interview

Food & Beverage Host
Bristol, England

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in February 2010.

Interview Details I've already worked in that hotel as a housekeeper, but I wanted to a better job what can fit me better. So I went for the HR and she offered me to find the Restaurant Manager and he can interview me one on one.
On the interview I was asked about my past experiences and than about my future plans. Why I wanna be a waiter? Whats are my personal goals? After that he asked me a few question about the costumer service and problem shooting. For example what would I do if one of the guest find a hair in her dinner? How can I co-operate with other workers from the team?

Interview Question – What would you do if a costumer start to yelling with you about the service?   Answer Question

Waiter Interview

Waiter

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in August 2009.

Interview Details Group interview is quite difficult when facing other applicants for the job. I beleive that if at the first place you try to involves each members from the group it will show managing skills.

Do it as soon as the group questions is asked. It will be more powerful.

Interview Question – Give me an example when you have to do the extra miles?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Work From Home Reservation Sales Specialist Interview

Work From Home Reservation Sales Specialist

I applied online - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in July 2014.

Interview Details Had to fill out an online application and do a personality test along with a stimulation of working in a call center. It was really easy but time consuming because you have to listen to the whole "training" first. Shortly after that was submitted I got an email to do a video interview on hirevue. It said the process would take 70 minutes but only took around 10. Only a few questions were video related and they give you 3 minutes to answer. The rest were all "essay" questions mostly requiring yes or no responses. A week or so later I received a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was a few days later and very challenging. The whole process took an hour long. The questions were ones I really had to think about to come up with answers. You then have to do a role play over the phone with the interviewer. They give you the information before hand so make sure you prepare! You must go step by step through a reservation process and must ask discovery questions to determine the best room to sell. I ended up not selling the room and I was confident I bombed the interview but got a call 2 days later with a job offer!

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to come up with a new solution to something and it failed. Tell me what it was, why it failed, and what you did as a result.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They go over the pay you decide what schedule you will be working.

Very Easy Interview

Bartender Interview

Bartender
Fort Wayne, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in March 2013.

Interview Details Basic questions were asked. Not very informative about company and policies. The interviewer came across as if he was bored and didn't want to be there. I don't think I would have gotten the job without me knowing one of the managers. They did a background check and it took over a week before I knew I actually got the job.

Negotiation Details – Make sure you ask what the pay is and not assume a certain amount.

Work At Home Sales and Customer Service Interview

Work At Home Sales and Customer Service

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hilton Worldwide in January 2014.

Interview Details Filled out application, did mock virtual sales room call, had virtual interview with question asked by a computer and then 30 seconds to respond, called by recruiting for real interview, once interview was performed I was offered the job the following day. Interview had question about previous experience and why you would be a good candidate for the job. You were also sent a script and had to do mock reservation with the interviewer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time a customer was upset with you and how you responded.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating salary. Everyone gets the same pay coming into the job.

Worked for Hilton Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!