Hitachi Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

Oracle Data Warehouse/BI Consultant Interview

Oracle Data Warehouse/BI Consultant
London, England

I applied through another source - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in April 2014.

Interview Details Initial communication came from them, I was pleased and went along for 1st interview with the UK head of consulting at a client site near to me, that seemed to go well and was then invited in to the London office and found that I'd been given the right name but wrong role title of the chap I met, so I had prepared for a BI interview and got a Datawarehouse interview, I have since heard nothing. No excuse for such rudeness.

Interview Question – What methods can you use to get data in from an external source   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Technical Architect
London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2013.

Interview Details Great communication and planning before the interview, and they seemed very keen. They offered to skip the first interview and went straight to a technical challenge, which was relatively straight-forward if you know your stuff. Their office in a great location on the London Riverside (although the numbering system is crazy, so don't panic if you pass buildings numbers 1, 6 and 3 in that order!). The people came across as very friendly in person. Unfortunately after the interview their communication has been abysmal, with absolutely no contact afterwards.

Interview Question – The interview mainly consisted of many different "guess what I'm thinking of" or "say the magic phrase" type questions.   Answer Question

Consultant - Software Developer Position Interview

Consultant - Software Developer Position
New Delhi (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2014.

Interview Details I attended an off-campus drive recently. As it was an off-campus so the response was equally good, and the company officials were also overwhelmed with such response. The procedure included a written test, group discussion then a couple of personal interviews.
Round-1 Written Round
It included two tests - technical and verbal. Each test consisted of 50 questions, with 50 minutes for the verbal and 1 hour for the technical test.
The questions in verbal were very easy - like What is the full form of CV? yes, you read it correct! and etc..
The level of technical test was good. It included questions from C, C++, Java, DBMS, Cloud Computing, Big Data.
Out of 800 applicants - only 70 people were shortlisted for the next round.

Round-2 Group Discussion
Well 7 groups were formed of 10 candidates each and there were given a topic on the spot for discussion for about 12-15 minutes.
The topic was - How India is the land of great job opportunities as compared to various other countries?
The other topic, I could hear was - Salman Khan vs ShahRukh Khan.

A tip - before attending the drive, kindly acquire a piece of information about the number of offers the company is wishing to make. This will help you a lot in your preparation, as you'll prepare for clearing the rounds even if the cut-off goes high.

All the best!

Interview Question – Output related questions from C, C++, and Java. The query building questions from DBMS.   Answer Question

Analyst/Human Resources Department Interview

Analyst/Human Resources Department

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details Applied online through their website. Received a call about 8 days later from the Talent Coordinator who I spoke with and schedule the interviews through. The following week I had a two part face to face interview with the manager and then two senior staff members. The discussion with the manager was specific to my background and experience and about the position and job details. The discussion with the staff members was behavior based in relation to my experiences that had taken place. The next morning I had a phone interview with the director and was more of a in depth behavior based discussion from my work history. Received a call from the recruiter later that day that I would be getting an offer within the next 24 hours. Received the offer the next day and accepted.

Interview Question – Majority of the questions were behavior based and specific to your experiences and then would ask, "and what happened next?" or "What did you think about that?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They discussed my prior work history and compensation and then asked what my expected salary was.

Manager, Specialized Services Interview

Manager, Specialized Services
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2013.

Interview Details Recruiters are good and they are like sales man bcz most of the people are not joining Hitachi Consulting after getting the offer so they are selling to the job seekers anyway. Overall Not matured and not transparent.

Interview Question – Do you have exprience in the domain, technology and client handling This question comes to you from the managers after joining the organisation and after getting selected in the client interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NA

Architect Interview

Architect
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2014.

Interview Details It is awful experience. HR called and had couple of rounds of interviews. They don't bother about situation and will treat candidates like their slaves. Such a worst company I ever faced interviews. Finally they said giving offer without discussing salary part. Never received the offer letter, HR stopped responding to phone calls. If they continue to do like this, they will be loosing the reputation and out of business soon.

Interview Question – Question related to dealing with the clients   Answer Question

Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details On campus interview referred through career center and career fair. Got emailed to come in for an interview by the recruiter.

Interview Question – Why are you a good fit for Hitachi?   View Answer

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details Hired straight from undergrad. Position required 2 one hour on-campus interviews, a group interview (billed as social event), and a four hour in office interview. The on-campus interviews are behavioral, and are more of a way for the managers to get to know you. Be prepared to follow up with thank you notes - this scores you big points! Also be prepared to attend any of the on-campus Meet and Greet sessions.

Interview Question – Out of all of the other applicants, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate. I was sent the offer, and attempted to have them match an additional offer, and was turned down with no potential to continue negotiations.

Manager Interview

Manager
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details 2 round interview process with interviews with 2-4 managers and VPs. They test personality & Culture. They test ability to learn quickly, and past experience.

Interview Question – Business case questions.   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details I interviewed on campus for the Houston office. The interview was very straightforward. There were nothing out of the ordinary. I only went to the first interview and did not make it to the second and third on.

Interview Question – The questions were generic such as... What is your greatest weakness? Show me a time where you displayed your analytical problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hitachi Consulting

Worked for Hitachi Consulting? Contribute to the Community!