Hitachi Consulting

103 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Architect Interview

London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2013.

Interview Details Great communication and planning before the interview, and they seemed very keen. They offered to skip the first interview and went straight to a technical challenge, which was relatively straight-forward if you know your stuff. Their office in a great location on the London Riverside (although the numbering system is crazy, so don't panic if you pass buildings numbers 1, 6 and 3 in that order!). The people came across as very friendly in person. Unfortunately after the interview their communication has been abysmal, with absolutely no contact afterwards.

Interview Question – The interview mainly consisted of many different "guess what I'm thinking of" or "say the magic phrase" type questions.   Answer Question

Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details On campus interview referred through career center and career fair. Got emailed to come in for an interview by the recruiter.

Interview Question – Why are you a good fit for Hitachi?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details Hired straight from undergrad. Position required 2 one hour on-campus interviews, a group interview (billed as social event), and a four hour in office interview. The on-campus interviews are behavioral, and are more of a way for the managers to get to know you. Be prepared to follow up with thank you notes - this scores you big points! Also be prepared to attend any of the on-campus Meet and Greet sessions.

Interview Question – Out of all of the other applicants, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was unable to negotiate. I was sent the offer, and attempted to have them match an additional offer, and was turned down with no potential to continue negotiations.

Manager Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details 2 round interview process with interviews with 2-4 managers and VPs. They test personality & Culture. They test ability to learn quickly, and past experience.

Interview Question – Business case questions.   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details I interviewed on campus for the Houston office. The interview was very straightforward. There were nothing out of the ordinary. I only went to the first interview and did not make it to the second and third on.

Interview Question – The questions were generic such as... What is your greatest weakness? Show me a time where you displayed your analytical problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsLLanguage issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsanguage issue with other Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultantsconsultantsLanguage Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultants with other consultants

Interview Question – Language issue with other consultantsLanguage issue with other consultants   Answer Question

Dynamics Ax Consultant Interview

Dynamics Ax Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details Hiring and Interview was normal

Interview Question – No unexpected questions just same as any normal Interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate Salary

Sharepoint Consultant Interview

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details 1) I was invited by a recruiter to apply for a SharePoint consultant position based on their Dallas office.
2) I had one technical interview with a "Senior Architect", I was really surprised that some of the questions... were based on wrong technical decisions!!.
3) I had one interview with a manager.
4) Their recruiter called me to notify me that they will move with an offer after the onsite interview.
4) Onsite interview: They made me go to a coffee shop because they couldn't meet me at their office... first i was interviewed by a VP who was on the customer site...during one hour.. then by a director... it was very awkard that during the interview one of their clients entered the coffee shop and we had to move to a different table...

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details Three rounds of interview. One telephonic one face to face technical and one hr

Negotiation Details – They agreed.

Consultant
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details 1. Spoke to recruiter at the university career fair and applied online
2. Attended a networking event (where not everyone who applied was invited).
3. Selected for on-campus interview
4. Advanced to second round interview at the office on a Friday. The second round interview consisted of 3 interviews with various people within the company.
5. Got a call from them with an offer and salary on the following Monday. Was given 15 days to respond.

Interview Question – Nothing technical because I was applying for a functional position. Mainly went over my resume and talked about different challenges I faced in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Was given more than I initially asked for.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hitachi Consulting

Worked for Hitachi Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hitachi Consulting interview questions and advice. All 103 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Hitachi Consulting employees and interview candidates.