Hitachi Consulting

Updated 20 Sep 2014

2.9

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

2 round interview process with interviews with 2-4 managers and VPs. They test personality & Culture. They test ability to learn quickly, and past experience.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in February 2014.

It is awful experience. HR called and had couple of rounds of interviews. They don't bother about situation and will treat candidates like their slaves. Such a worst company I ever faced interviews. Finally they said giving offer without discussing salary part. Never received the offer letter, HR stopped responding to phone calls. If they continue to do like this, they will be loosing the reputation and out of business soon.

Dynamics Ax Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Hiring and Interview was normal

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions just same as any normal Interview   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate Salary

SharePoint Consultant Interview

1) I was invited by a recruiter to apply for a SharePoint consultant position based on their Dallas office.
    2) I had one technical interview with a "Senior Architect", I was really surprised that some of the questions... were based on wrong technical decisions!!.
    3) I had one interview with a manager.
    4) Their recruiter called me to notify me that they will move with an offer after the onsite interview.
    4) Onsite interview: They made me go to a coffee shop because they couldn't meet me at their office... first i was interviewed by a VP who was on the customer site...during one hour.. then by a director... it was very awkard that during the interview one of their clients entered the coffee shop and we had to move to a different table...

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Three rounds of interview. One telephonic one face to face technical and one hr

They agreed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

1. Spoke to recruiter at the university career fair and applied online
    2. Attended a networking event (where not everyone who applied was invited).
    3. Selected for on-campus interview
    4. Advanced to second round interview at the office on a Friday. The second round interview consisted of 3 interviews with various people within the company.
    5. Got a call from them with an offer and salary on the following Monday. Was given 15 days to respond.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical because I was applying for a functional position. Mainly went over my resume and talked about different challenges I faced in the past.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. Was given more than I initially asked for.

Consultant Interview

Got the interview through on-campus recruiting. I felt like they were looking for people with more technical skills/background. My major was in Economics so I didn't have any background in programming/databases and I think it definitely showed during the interview. Waiting to hear back. I was told I would hear back within the next few days whether or not I made it to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • 1) What is a major challenge/obstacle that you have overcame?
      2) Company X is a mortgage company. Currently it takes them 3 weeks to authorize a loan, while the industry standard is only week. How would you go about assessing the situation/going about finding a solution? (wasn't really a case question, just wanted to know how I would approach a problem).
      3) How much experience have you had with excel?
        Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Hitachi Consulting was recruiting new graduates on my university campus. I talked to about four or five different representatives at a job fair, an information session, and my interview. I really liked all of the people that I met and thought that I would enjoy working with them.

The interviewer started with the standard "tell me about yourself" and then asked several standard behavioral interview questions. The two questions that I remember most clearly were:

"Tell me about a time when you had to deal with complaints."
    "Tell me about a time when you worked in a supporting role."

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer handed me my resume and asked me to write an algorithm on the back of it for selecting all even elements from the Fibonacci sequence.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Got into the interview process through campus recruitment. They were very friendly and laid-back. The first round was a mixture of conversation and behavioral questions, trying to get to know me. The second round consisted of in-office interviews with three managers with breaks to mingle with the staff. Lunch was provided afterwards. Overall, the staff and company were great and down-to-earth.

Interview Questions
    • Throughout all your college experience, what was the most meaningful?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

I interviewed on campus for the Houston office. The interview was very straightforward. There were nothing out of the ordinary. I only went to the first interview and did not make it to the second and third on.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were generic such as... What is your greatest weakness? Show me a time where you displayed your analytical problem solving skills.   Answer Question