Hitachi Consulting

Average Difficulty
108 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details Went through campus recruiting took about 3 weeks in total. First round was an on campus interview, and the second/ final round was at the office. The experience was overall positive, and the employees were very open to questions and very personable. You go through a case study and two interviews: one with a director and a VP. All were pretty easy going.

Interview Question – What was your worst grade in a class and why?

Describe a bad team experience and how did you deal with it?

What do you know about Hitachi Consulting?
  Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2013.

Interview Details Phone call with practice talent acquisition followed by technical phone screen. Then on-site interview with hiring manager and several members of the team. Team interview is typical round about one on one interview with architect, consultant and PM. Many technical questions, some good and discussion provoking, some pretty shallow or just factoid types. Code writing exercise, checking someone else's code, looking for errors and some diagramming, architecture and design elaboration, proving your point, behavioral and situation questions.

The process was a bit chaotic and not well organized, but people were nice.

Interview Question – Nothing really, if you know your field, you should be good. Otherwise, don't bother.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2013.

Interview Details I interviewed as a part of their campus recruiting process. They invited me for their info session when I spoke to them at the campus career fair. They made decisions about whom to interview at that info session and the first round interviews were held a week later. There were two interviews half an hour each and they asked typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Question – Unexpected question: What do you do to have fun? Tell me something unique about yourself so I will remember you.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details Basic Phone scree followed by 2 onsite with Managers and later one on site with VP. Process took approx. 4 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the blue. If you know your stuff that's on your resume and they brought you in for that reason, all questions are geared toward the technology you are knowledgeable in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal

Senior Consultant II Interview

Senior Consultant II
Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details Contract to hire, so no problem for me.

Interview Question – Didn't have any   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2013.

Interview Details Process consisted of 3 phone interviews- 1 Sr Mgr, 1 Director, 1 VP and a face-to-face w/ a VP over about 3 week period. Initial feedback was the preliminary discussions had taken place with the formalized process to happen soon. Never hear back. Repeated efforts to contact the firm were unanswered. They reached out to me initially, so I would consider it one of the most unprofessional interviews I've had.

Interview Question – Asked about specific experiences I've had. Was a bit unexpected b/c I had met the interviewer in person prior and discussed my CV.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Not Sure Interview

Not Sure
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details Please do not go for this company interview. It was a hoax interview. HR called and scheduled a interview on weekday. I went and for formality sake they conducted interview with most easy questions and asked me to leave.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question. Very basic questions   View Answer

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details Started with an on campus interview followed by a second round of interviews. The second round of interviews was a full day. The morning session consisted of multiple behavioral interviews with management as well as a case interview. The case interview was more strategic and less financially based. The night session was a team case question followed by a presentation.

Interview Question – Question about solving a business problems with pirating of their content. Whether it was worth it to pursue lawsuits, send letters, etc.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2013.

Interview Details The process was two phone interview, one by a recruiter and one by a "technical person" then an in-office interview with three employees (one at a time)

Interview Question – The unusual question was what blogs I had IDs on and had I ever been published.   View Answer

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details I got my first interview from a recruiting event on campus. From there I was asked to attend second round interviews in the office. It was a series of 4 interviews, starting with a manager, then gradually moving up and ending with an interview with a VP. There were no case questions, just behavioral ones. Afterwards, all the interviewers//interviewees went to lunch.

Interview Question – no case questions, just behavioral   Answer Question