Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015

2.8

Manager Interview

Interview

I had 5 interviews over the course of about a month. 4 phone interviews and 1 in-person. Each interview focused on prior experience but also ideas on how my previous experience could help solve business problems. My hiring manager was very honest about what I should expect (the good and bad).

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or difficult questions. It was all very practical and to the point.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, the offer they gave was what I asked to receive.

Senior Consultant II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

The hiring process was very intense. I had 6 years of prior IT experience. My recuirter was constantly in touch with me during the entire process. I had to go through 3 technical interviews on the phone after an initial HR interview. Each interview had a time gap of 2 weeks and the interview happened only on fridays. All phone interviews were mostly technical based on my prior experience. The questions were based on real time scenarios. After I had cleared the 3 rounds of phone interview, they had asked me to come down for a face to face interview to their Atlanta office. All expenses were paid. I met a senior manager at their office who was available all day to help me. They also took me out for lunch with a vice president. I had another 4 interviews scheduled on the same day. Most of it was technical.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions were based on prior experience. They would read line by line of the resume and ask for what was the exact process we followed and what was my role. Most Difficult: If you had a chance to tell the product owner of a tool some suggestions on the tool - what would they be?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Interview

After submitting your resume online, there would be two round phone interviews and one on-site interview, the 1st round phone interview was with the manager of the department and another phone interview was with senior architect.within the team. Most of the questions were behavioral questions and some IT-related terms and solutions.

Interview Questions

• Generally speaking, the interview questions were just the typical behavioral questions and some IT consulting concepts. It was not difficult to prepare for the interviews.   Answer Question

Consultant - Software Developer Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (New Delhi (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

I attended an off-campus drive recently. As it was an off-campus so the response was equally good, and the company officials were also overwhelmed with such response. The procedure included a written test, group discussion then a couple of personal interviews.
    Round-1 Written Round
    It included two tests - technical and verbal. Each test consisted of 50 questions, with 50 minutes for the verbal and 1 hour for the technical test.
    The questions in verbal were very easy - like What is the full form of CV? yes, you read it correct! and etc..
    The level of technical test was good. It included questions from C, C++, Java, DBMS, Cloud Computing, Big Data.
    Out of 800 applicants - only 70 people were shortlisted for the next round.

Round-2 Group Discussion
    Well 7 groups were formed of 10 candidates each and there were given a topic on the spot for discussion for about 12-15 minutes.
    The topic was - How India is the land of great job opportunities as compared to various other countries?
    The other topic, I could hear was - Salman Khan vs ShahRukh Khan.

A tip - before attending the drive, kindly acquire a piece of information about the number of offers the company is wishing to make. This will help you a lot in your preparation, as you'll prepare for clearing the rounds even if the cut-off goes high.

All the best!

Interview Questions

• Output related questions from C, C++, and Java. The query building questions from DBMS.   Answer Question

Analyst/Human Resources Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Received a call about 8 days later from the Talent Coordinator who I spoke with and schedule the interviews through. The following week I had a two part face to face interview with the manager and then two senior staff members. The discussion with the manager was specific to my background and experience and about the position and job details. The discussion with the staff members was behavior based in relation to my experiences that had taken place. The next morning I had a phone interview with the director and was more of a in depth behavior based discussion from my work history. Received a call from the recruiter later that day that I would be getting an offer within the next 24 hours. Received the offer the next day and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Majority of the questions were behavior based and specific to your experiences and then would ask, "and what happened next?" or "What did you think about that?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

They discussed my prior work history and compensation and then asked what my expected salary was.

Consultant Interview

Application

interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2014.

Interview

One-to-one interview, interviewer was a new consultant. The interview was basic behavioral questions, such as "tell me about yourself" and "why do you want to be hired?" The interview lasted for an hour, had only a few minutes to ask questions.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Hired straight from undergrad. Position required 2 one hour on-campus interviews, a group interview (billed as social event), and a four hour in office interview. The on-campus interviews are behavioral, and are more of a way for the managers to get to know you. Be prepared to follow up with thank you notes - this scores you big points! Also be prepared to attend any of the on-campus Meet and Greet sessions.

Interview Questions

• Out of all of the other applicants, why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate. I was sent the offer, and attempted to have them match an additional offer, and was turned down with no potential to continue negotiations.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

2 round interview process with interviews with 2-4 managers and VPs. They test personality & Culture. They test ability to learn quickly, and past experience.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderābād (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

It is awful experience. HR called and had couple of rounds of interviews. They don't bother about situation and will treat candidates like their slaves. Such a worst company I ever faced interviews. Finally they said giving offer without discussing salary part. Never received the offer letter, HR stopped responding to phone calls. If they continue to do like this, they will be loosing the reputation and out of business soon.

Dynamics Ax Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Hiring and Interview was normal

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions just same as any normal Interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate Salary