Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2014
112 interviews

2.9

Not Sure Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Please do not go for this company interview. It was a hoax interview. HR called and scheduled a interview on weekday. I went and for formality sake they conducted interview with most easy questions and asked me to leave.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question. Very basic questions   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Started with an on campus interview followed by a second round of interviews. The second round of interviews was a full day. The morning session consisted of multiple behavioral interviews with management as well as a case interview. The case interview was more strategic and less financially based. The night session was a team case question followed by a presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Question about solving a business problems with pirating of their content. Whether it was worth it to pursue lawsuits, send letters, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2013.

The process was two phone interview, one by a recruiter and one by a "technical person" then an in-office interview with three employees (one at a time)

Interview Questions
    • The unusual question was what blogs I had IDs on and had I ever been published.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

I got my first interview from a recruiting event on campus. From there I was asked to attend second round interviews in the office. It was a series of 4 interviews, starting with a manager, then gradually moving up and ending with an interview with a VP. There were no case questions, just behavioral ones. Afterwards, all the interviewers//interviewees went to lunch.

Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

1. Submitted resume at Career Fair
    2. On-Campus Interview
    3. In- House rotational interview in Irvine

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

Applied through campus site, interviewed on campus. Questions were pretty basic, behavioral questions only. No case in the first round. Interviewer told me he had some tips for me for the next round. 3 weeks later, I received an email saying that I was not being invited to the next round. Seemed like a good place to work though.

Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2012.

All behavior questions. It was my first real in person interview. So I think I didn't act confident enough. The whole process the interviewer keep throw one and another question to me from a piece of "question sheet". I should've led the conversation more.

Manager, Specialized Services Interview

Hiring process is robust and transparent

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2012.

I was interviewed by current consultants. They were all very personable and forthcoming with information. In truth, I was not as aligned with the position as I should have been. They were seeking applicants with a stronger focus on analytics, which I did not have.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2012.

Campus recruiting - very simple process. Met the representatives which included VPs and Senior Managers, had on campus interviews with two members of leadership and then invited back to a social dinner and an all day interview the next day. All day interview consisted of a basic summary of Hitachi Consulting and HR info, two individual interviews with management, Lunch with a current consultant, and a group case study.