Hitachi Consulting Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015

2.8

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Basic Phone scree followed by 2 onsite with Managers and later one on site with VP. Process took approx. 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the blue. If you know your stuff that's on your resume and they brought you in for that reason, all questions are geared toward the technology you are knowledgeable in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal

Senior Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

Contract to hire, so no problem for me.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

I interviewed as a part of their campus recruiting process. They invited me for their info session when I spoke to them at the campus career fair. They made decisions about whom to interview at that info session and the first round interviews were held a week later. There were two interviews half an hour each and they asked typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question: What do you do to have fun? Tell me something unique about yourself so I will remember you.   Answer Question

Not Sure Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderābād (India)).

Interview

Please do not go for this company interview. It was a hoax interview. HR called and scheduled a interview on weekday. I went and for formality sake they conducted interview with most easy questions and asked me to leave.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question. Very basic questions   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Process consisted of 3 phone interviews- 1 Sr Mgr, 1 Director, 1 VP and a face-to-face w/ a VP over about 3 week period. Initial feedback was the preliminary discussions had taken place with the formalized process to happen soon. Never hear back. Repeated efforts to contact the firm were unanswered. They reached out to me initially, so I would consider it one of the most unprofessional interviews I've had.

Interview Questions

• Asked about specific experiences I've had. Was a bit unexpected b/c I had met the interviewer in person prior and discussed my CV.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2013.

Interview

Phone call with practice talent acquisition followed by technical phone screen. Then on-site interview with hiring manager and several members of the team. Team interview is typical round about one on one interview with architect, consultant and PM. Many technical questions, some good and discussion provoking, some pretty shallow or just factoid types. Code writing exercise, checking someone else's code, looking for errors and some diagramming, architecture and design elaboration, proving your point, behavioral and situation questions.

The process was a bit chaotic and not well organized, but people were nice.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, if you know your field, you should be good. Otherwise, don't bother.   Answer Question

Salary

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in July 2013.

Interview

First round to back to back interviews
    both a combination of behavioral and resume screening interview
    asked questions based off experiences
    why hitachi?
    why consulting?
    they want to assess how you go about solving problems
    group case study and individual case study in final round

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

I got my first interview from a recruiting event on campus. From there I was asked to attend second round interviews in the office. It was a series of 4 interviews, starting with a manager, then gradually moving up and ending with an interview with a VP. There were no case questions, just behavioral ones. Afterwards, all the interviewers//interviewees went to lunch.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

The process was two phone interview, one by a recruiter and one by a "technical person" then an in-office interview with three employees (one at a time)

Interview Questions

• The unusual question was what blogs I had IDs on and had I ever been published.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

1. Submitted resume at Career Fair
    2. On-Campus Interview