Hitachi Consulting Senior Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 2 Dec 2014

3.2

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Waltham, MA (US)).

Interview

My hiring process went pretty quickly as there was an immediate need for a resource on a project. After being contacted by a recruiter, I had a phone interview back to back days with different individuals. The following week I had a dinner with 2 people from the current project i would be assigned to, and two days later I had an offer sent over.

Interview Questions

• They asked some specific technical questions on my area of expertise (SAP Purchasing) that I had not yet encountered at my existing company   Answer Question

Negotiation

Original offer was for 75k and negotiated up to 80k through my recruiter

Other Interview Reviews for Hitachi Consulting

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Pune (India)).

Interview

Three rounds of interview. One telephonic one face to face technical and one hr

Negotiation

They agreed.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview

Basic Phone scree followed by 2 onsite with Managers and later one on site with VP. Process took approx. 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the blue. If you know your stuff that's on your resume and they brought you in for that reason, all questions are geared toward the technology you are knowledgeable in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2013.

Interview

Phone call with practice talent acquisition followed by technical phone screen. Then on-site interview with hiring manager and several members of the team. Team interview is typical round about one on one interview with architect, consultant and PM. Many technical questions, some good and discussion provoking, some pretty shallow or just factoid types. Code writing exercise, checking someone else's code, looking for errors and some diagramming, architecture and design elaboration, proving your point, behavioral and situation questions.

The process was a bit chaotic and not well organized, but people were nice.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, if you know your field, you should be good. Otherwise, don't bother.   Answer Question

Salary

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Dallas, TX (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

The process was two phone interview, one by a recruiter and one by a "technical person" then an in-office interview with three employees (one at a time)

Interview Questions

• The unusual question was what blogs I had IDs on and had I ever been published.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Chicago, IL (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

- Was contacted through LinkedIn through their recruiter for an initial conversation
    - Discussed about experiences, expertise, salary, visa, etc.
    - Never heard back for a month
    - On inquiring, they responded saying I didn't have time left on my visa. I had over a year left.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Pune (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

technical round, managerial round and HR. Sometimes client interview is also there.
    Technical round will be tough and you have to negotiate well in the HR round. However they pay more then market value. You have to ask for joining bonus and relocation charges.
    Telephonic round may start with a telephonic round.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Irvine, CA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

The first interview was conducted by phone from a HR recruiter, then a second technical interview by phone
    from a Java architect. After that I was invited to attend a face-to-face interview. The face-to-face interviews consist of 3 sessions, the first session with a manager who introduced herself as an architect,
    the second with a senior manager and the final was with a director. The first 2 sessions were technical
    and project experience interview and I did well. The last one was with the director, he is a politician,
    his questions are "what's your career goal ?", "what would u envision yourself in five years?"... and when I
    did not respond straightly to the question ("Would u be willing to sacrifice your time for the job ?" -implying overtime without getting paid) he was obviously annoyed, he then told me that clients do not pay for the travel (meaning you would not get paid either), I did not respond to him, and then he said the new graduate are willing to take the job, willing to put more for less, at that moment I knew I was not going to get the job....

Interview Questions

• What would u envision yourself in 5 years ?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to put more for less   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

Typical consulting interview. Pre-screen, techincal interview, face to face interview. Good questions that truly test your knowledge and personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting (Hyderābād (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

been a long time; do not remember much

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they did not negotiated much on designation but did on salary for a lac Rs