Hobby Lobby

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Omaha, NE (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in January 2013.

Interview Details Hiring process was very basic. There is a simple math test involved. I met the recruiter at the store and was interviewed there. Very thorough interview. The description of the job and the company were very closely matched with reality of the actual job. I thought the salary was very fair given the level of responsibility.

Interview Question – To me, there were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received most of what I negotiated for. The recruiter handled it very professionally.

Interviewed at Hobby Lobby

Interview Details Very extensive , over three months starting with online app then a number of tele interviews followed by an online assessment test running about two hours then a face to face with recruiter covering over two hrs at which I felt went well but after taking offer I have doubts that my recruiter knows the true reality of what actually is going on in these stores. I was quoted average work week of 55 hrs except holidays but in reality is 65+ and at no time was I told that I would be required to work 7:30am to 10:pm with no chance to grab a meal let alone to use the restroom. Ether my recruiter is naive or bs artist.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straight forward as for salary and bonus

Co-Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details Received an email within a week asking to set up a phone interview. Recruiter was pleasant and the questions were basic in nature Based on the questions and comments from the recruiter it's obvious that they are looking for young people with a desire to be relocatable at will. Not what I was looking for.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to relocate at any time?   Answer Question

Co-Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details Very long process to go through. It took eight weeks to finally have a face-to-face interview. You go through a phone interview, then they ask for a minimum of seven (7) references. Then, they ask you to do an assessment test (which takes up to two hours to take). After that, then you may have a chance to interview. My interview took three hours.

Interview Question – No questions were too difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Co-Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview Details When you apply have to wait for an initial phone interview. If they like you then you go to a second interview with HR. If HR likes you interview with one of the store managers. They also give you an overview of what is required to do. If they like you the call you about a week later with an offer. The whole process takes about a month to month and a half.

Interview Question – What is something that you need to improve on? Why are you leaving you current job? Why Hobby Lobby?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a salary range. They usually stay in that range that is not very wide.

San Angelo, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in January 2012.

Interview Details Nice recruiter who embellished the opportunity to work here. My only interview. He was a very nice person and we connected quickly. He was a former store manager and was in charge of recruiting for a large portion of Texas. He is probably streched thin in trying to staff every store and c\onstantly hiring replacement staff.

Interview Question – Nothing comes to mind. Pretty typical question and answer session   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They have a flat starting rate and bonus for incoming co-managers. No negotiation, but better than average starting pay for a co or assistant manager. Turns out the job isn't worth any kind of money. Trust Me!!

Co Manager Interview

Co Manager
Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in July 2012.

Interview Details Got phone call within 8 hours after doing app. on-line,

Interview Question – can you work 6-70 hrs a week   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – pay

Anchorage, AK (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in January 2012.

Interview Details Very thorough. Information about the company culture, process and procedures

Interview Question – What are your biggest opportunities   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Spouse's health reasons, unable to relocate

Co-Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in November 2011.

Interview Details The interview process was very helpful. They were very clear about the responsibilities of the position. They explained the background of the company and what their expectations are for their managers. They were very friendly and understanding of personal goals and family concerns. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Question – What value can you bring to our company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I thought they were open to my wants and i would suggest full honesty during the interviewing process.

Russellville, AR (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in April 2012.

Interview Details After applying online, I was contacted by the recruiter over the phone. The initial phone interview consisted of the standard questions regarding my background. After approximately 15 minutes of these questions, I was invited to meet the recruiter at a neutral location approximately half way between my residence and the recruiter's office. Upon meeting the recruiter at the hotel, the recruiter started by saying that the purpose of this interview was to try to "scare me off" from the job. After three hours of describing the job and responsibilities, showing videos from a laptop, and filling out paperwork, I was asked, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being high, what my level of interest was in joining the company. After the interview, I was asked to wait while a background check and reference check were completed. Once those came back, I was given a tentative offer, to be confirmed after a drug test.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. I was talked at during the interview instead of being asked questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hobby Lobby was not open to negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hobby Lobby

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hobby Lobby Co Manager interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hobby Lobby employees and interview candidates.