Hobby Lobby Interview Questions

Updated 18 Apr 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

It was quick and easy. They gave me a math test. After that was completed I sat n spoke to the store manager. We spoke about my talents and skills. Then afterwards I was given the chance to ask any questions that I might've had.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Apply in person with a paper application. Received a call to come in for an interview within the week. I was unable to go for an interview so I declined the offer.

Custom Framing Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

They were fairly desperate for help, so the interview went quickly due to my level of skills and knowledge. In retrospect, I should have asked THEM more questions about overall corporate understanding of such things as art materials and supplies, and art conservation and history.

Interview Questions

• Over and over they asked about looking for someone to increase their business.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Killeen, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Killeen, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I got a phone call and they told me come in for a assessment. The assessment was about math, which I completed quite easily. There was no time limit and the math questions dealt with basic arithmetic and percents. I was contacted days later for the interview which went quite well and I'm hoping they get back to me.

Picture Framer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hobby Lobby (Cedar Rapids, IA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I arrived, then filled out application, it was one page, classic application with work historey and school histore, after a 1/2 hour wait I had a short interview to talk about my previous experience, talked about hours I could work and then gave me a math test to take without a calculator, which I easily passed. I was hired the next day.

Full Time Office Or Framing Area Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hobby Lobby (Nashville, TN (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very courteous, honest and interested in what my needs and interests were. Interviewer told me how their hiring process worked since I was applying at a new store to be opening soon. He gave me options to consider, told me the wages for part and full time employees and answered any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• What type of position I was interested in and my experience.   Answer Question

Cashiers Interview

Interview

Took 2 weeks. Interviewed with manager then offered position a few days later. There were very redundant questions that upper management requires. Overall was quick and easy. It's just retail.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult customer service issue and give exact example   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hobby Lobby (Garland, TX (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

It was actually a pretty easy interview! The questions were easy. They're just questions interviewers would ask in interviews like what are your strengths, weakness, achieve above and beyond for a customer, good experience, bad experience, etc. there was a math part of the test and it's fairly easy. I only had trouble with doing 7 1/2 sales tax since I'm not so good with decimals, but the manager let me use a calculator. Overall, you just have to relax and talk a little bit more than you should! I was offered on the spot for seasonal for $10/hr.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate at all. Being offered $10 while working at a store for $8.50 calls in for a win!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Lengthy. They ask a lot of questions about retail background. I was told that I would be working on the floor...after hired, they expected me to be a cashier, which I never agreed to.

Interview Questions

• They give you a math test...No one even graded mine.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Department Head Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Applied in store. Manager makes you jump through a lot of hoops to get the job. He will tell you to call him on different dates and then not be available to see how dedicated and determined you are about getting a job there. Unless of course you know someone, then it's much easier. It took me 3 months and 5 to 6 tries to get hired

Interview Questions

• There weren't a lot of questions. Management did most of the talking.   Answer Question