Hobby Lobby Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.2

Cashier- Part Time Seasonal Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

The interview was by far the easiest I have ever been too! Right off the bat I was just happy and smiling and we ended up just talking about Christmas for like 15 minutes and how they get all their Christmas stuff so early in the year. Then she looked at my application finally and asked if I was over 18 and if I had ever had retail or cashier experience (which she said didn't matter since their machines are so outdated anyways). Then we just went on talking about our experiencing with customers and such and about the pay and what I would be expected to do and that was it! She did not ask me any real questions, she told me that she was just looking for "bubbly" people and that I fit into that category. So honestly the interview is just to figure out your personality because you can be taught everything else.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said all she asked was if I had any experience in retail or with cash registers.   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all, but they pay way better than other retail stores.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in July 2014.

I actually gave them my app two months before I received my call back. I was told that they were full staff but that they would hold my application. Then two months later they said they called and asked if I was still interested in an interview. At the interview the main office was already in use (I figured it was another interview) so the interview was held in the classroom. The Manager gave me the run of the mill interview questions, he actually read them all from a paper.
    He told me that at Hobby Lobby we at times have to wear different hats, sometimes cashier need to help clean and the leads need to help with registers even the manager himself helps the others, he asked how I felt about that and if I can tell him of a time when I stepped in to go above my normal job outline to help my coworkers.
    Asked what I knew about the company and the founder (David Green). And why I wanted to work there at HL.
    He told me that we would have to deal with numbers frequently and so I would need to take a math test. He also told me that everyone including himself has taken the test. It was a math test 16 questions, we were aloud 8 incorrect answers and no calculators. The questions were basically for when they have sales (percentages) or adding tax(multiplying with decimals). He gave me plenty of time to finish and double check my answers while he went to his office. I ended up only having two wrong.
    Don’t recall if he asked many more questions after the test.
    He mentioned that he had more interviews but wanted me back for a second interview and they would call me sometime soon. Two days later they called and asked If I wanted the job and could start in two days.

Interview Questions
    • At what point would I consider myself "late"   View Answer
    No I didn't even realize how much I got until I received my first pay stub(they just recently gave everyone a raise which was more that what my research showed).

Certified Custom Framer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

There wasn't much of an interview. I submitted my resume & application & was called to fill out paper work. There is extensive testing that goes along with this position that is required to get & keep your job. There is no raise in pay after acquiring all of the detailed knowledge needed for this position.

Interview Questions
    • The testing is the only thing you really need to do. There were the basic interview questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I started right away & the pay was non-negotiable.

Co-Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in August 2014.

I applied on line and appox 3 days I received a call from a recruitor to set up time for phone interview. Two days later I had phone interview and was told if I was considered would get call for face interview. Received call about week later for face interview. Did 10 references plus test on line. Passed them would have face interview. Had face interview and was told I would hear something in 3 to 5 days. It's.been almost 3 weeks and email or response if I got position or not...:( really wanted to work for them

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakeland, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2013.

a long and dragged out process. you have to apply first, then you have a phone interview. After that you have to send out an assessment to about 10 people to do a quick survey on you and your experience regarding the position. Then you have to do a test that's similar to a standardized one. Then you do your actual interview which in it self is a process..

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I knew it was a Christian based company which made me feel uncomfortable.   Answer Question
    you should try to get 2 weeks vacation from the start which is easy. and id fight for every dollar because raises are once a year based on evaluation.

Co Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2013.

Easy interview if you are willing to relocate. I did, to odessa, tx.. Not able to relocate, and the interview would of ended. We walked store, talked about their processes and expectations. Talked about their use of ipads to order. Never talked about how many daily hours you woyld work or how many open to close shifts.

Department Head Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

The hiring and interviewing process is relatively quick. Store manager tends to wait until the last possible minute then it's a hiring frenzy. Come early. Expect interruptions, smile and say YES to be absolutely flexible.

Interview Questions
    • The only criteria is to be completely available and flexible.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boardman, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boardman, OH (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in August 2014.

Sat down with the manager and started through typical questions. He got a phone call and left the room for about 5 minutes to talk to his employees about something, then resumed a typical interview. Took a percentages math test that he let me retake once he taught me how to do the math (it's been years since math class!)

Interview Questions

I had another interview the next day and was honest about it. He understood and let me get back to him.

Stockman Interview

Spoke with the Store Manager and carried an interview for well over an hour going over history and future desires. Had a fun time talking and really didn't have any major issues come up during the process. We covered the concerns of the business and finished with a math test to qualify me as an applicant.

Interview Questions
    • Was $10.00 an hour enough to continue with the interview.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hobby Lobby in May 2013.

Basic Interview Questions from GM, such as why you want to work for them, what were the past jobs and if there was any desire to move up in the company and general math test.

No negotiations

Worked for Hobby Lobby? Contribute to the Community!