Hollywood Video Interview Questions

Updated 21 Feb 2015

2.0

Guest Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

Very friendly and detailed interview. It showed me right away that they were looking for responsible and trustworthy people, but it was also important to be a movie lover. I thought that was just great!

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Torrance, CA (US)).

Interview

You answer questions that have three choices but need to be answered to the extreme or else you will be docked points. The interview process was easy and the store director just needs to like you.

Negotiation

There is none. It's min wage.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hollywood Video (San Jose, CA (US)).

Interview

Pretty simple, asked about how trustworthy I was. Interviewed with the manager who asked about my personal experience with people and how my communication skills were.

Negotiation

Very Simple

Guest Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

Initial interview was with store manager and assistant manager, secondary interview 4 days later with district manager. Wis hired directly following high school for entry level job, interview was pretty bare bones, some questions tailored to my education level.

Interview Questions

• -Describe a difficult day dealing with a teacher or fellow student, and explain how the problem was resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No wage negotiation at initial hiring time, I was hired to eventually become a Shift Leader, after promotion to that title I was able to ask for a raise and explain why I had earned it. Management accepted my offer and employment continued.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video.

Interview

Had to answer behavior questions through a computer. If you scored high enough you would get a phone call for one on one interview with store manager.

Shift Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Queens Village, NY (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

It was an entertaining interview. Felt very lax. First interview was with store manager. Talked in the back room about favorite movies and games. Overall mood was very casual. Nothing difficult at all, was very enjoyable. The attitude and nature of the review reflected the in store vibe and because it was positive from the get go, I knew it would be enjoyable to work there early on.

Interview Questions

• Again, there wasn't anything difficult about the interview. One that I hesitated on was where do you see yourself in 5 years, and then in 10.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation as it was my first job. The first interview led to an interview with the district manager, who called a few days after the first interview. The conversation/interview was even more casual than the last! We walked around the store and talked about how the manager felt about me in the first interview, and then about the movies and games we walked by during the actual interview.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hollywood Video (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

Hiring process was good very through training. I filled out a paper job application to get the job. I filled it out in person and I was called back in within a week for a one on one interview then I was called back and hired for the job.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hollywood Video in May 2010.

Interview

had to have 3 phone interviews and drive to Portland which is 70 miles away to get to the point of getting an offer. I interviewed with a district manager then the human resources manager and finally the regional manager. They wanted me to transfer to their area but I could not accomidate them.

Shift Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hollywood Video in March 2010.

Interview

Long and drawn out. Ended up having 4 different interviews.

Interview Questions

• Asked to practice selling MVP card and preorder... was told that that was the most important part of the hiring process   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hollywood Video (Westwood, CA (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

I had gone in to ask if there was any applications for the position that was available. After filling out an application and returning it the next day I was promptly called back for a interview a few days later. I was told to come in with a blue collar shirt, black slacks, and comfortable shoes. After a few questions regarding why I wanted to work there, (I was in school at the time) I was hired on the spot after the end of the interview. I was to start work the following week and I would begin training the next day. My manager was extremely nice and if not for him I would not have begun my career in customer service.

Interview Questions

• I was faced with the question of "What do I know about movies?" I admittedly did not know much, however I knew that I could help customers find what they needed using the system in place and in an efficient manner.   Answer Question