Home Depot

1,211 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Pensacola, FL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Home Depot in July 2013.

Interview Details About a 20-30 min interview process. Questions are broad based and mostly centered around " tell me about a time when" or, "what would you do if" They make you feel very comfortable during the entire process.

Interview Question – What do you see as your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Home Depot.

Interview Details Online application, you get a call from corporate for a phone interview. If it goes well, you get an in store meeting. Got hired on the spot pending a urine test.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary for a retail position.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Burlington, NJ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Home Depot in February 2014.

Interview Details The interview process was question and answering. The hiring process was a background check and a drug test. I thought the process went well. The interviewer was very professional. Took me to meet the manager and told the manager that I meet all qualification for the job and was given paperwork for the drug test.

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Home Depot.

Interview Details Manager had a lot to say about their self and their positions. Read from a script.

Negotiation Details – No negation-set in stone

Very Easy Interview

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Watertown, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Home Depot in August 2013.

Interview Details After you file an application and take the assessment test they provide, they conduct a preliminary phone interview, they ask you about how you would behave in certain situations at work and what experience you have. If they like you, you continue for a face to face interview at a store with the hiring manager for MET. They ask you a series of similar questions. If they'd like to hire you, they do a background and credit check as well as a urine analysis.

Interview Question – What do you do if you don't know what to do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiations. Starting pay 10.25 take it or leave it

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Home Depot in February 2014.

Interview Details The whole process took nearly 3 months. I applied back in February and got a call from the staffing center. I answered a few questions on the phone and was given an interview date. I showed up for the interview and it went well. I waited a week and tried calling the HR department for a status no answer. A few weeks later in mid March I was called to set up a second interview, I was unable to make it to any of the dates they had available so they told me to call back the next morning to speak to a manager to set up a time, I called multiple times and there was no answer any time. I went into the store a week later to leave a physical message with customer service for HR to call me and in early April I received a call to set up my second interview. I proceeded with the interview and was offered the job on the spot pending drug test and background screening. A few weeks later I was given a date for orientation.

Interview Question – They were pretty simple questions I just don't remember the questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Part Time Permanent Bilingual Cashier Interview

Denver, CO (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Home Depot in April 2014.

Interview Details Online application, online assessment, brief visit with cashier manager, phone interview, one in person interview, and drug test. Try to apply in spring for they need people for summer. Home improvement occurs when the weather is nice.

Interview Question – Customer service is the key. If you have recent experience in customer service, interview is a breeze. However, they hire cashiers without experience too. Just show them that you are nice, sincere, and easy to get along with. Treat them like you would treat your own family. Home Depot is like a big family.

Benefits for permanent part-time: PTO, sick leave, 401(K), stock purchase plan, dental, vision, hospital, critical illness, success sharing, and time and a half for working on holidays (need to verify this because I’m not very sure since I’m new).

More perks for part-time: friendly co-workers, flexible scheduling (can work on weekends only), and get to wear jeans (so you don’t have to buy a different wardrobe for work).

Sadly, NO MEDICAL INSURANCE. Have to buy Obamacare.

Timeline for cashier:

· First time applied, waited for six months, no response.
· Applied again for the second time. Waited for a week. No response. Went into the store and talked to manager of cashiers. Gave her my name, phone number, and SSN.
· Later received a phone interview.
· Weeks later, invited for interview with cashier manager I talked to while I was in the store.
· One week after first interview, called in for second interview but it was not an interview. HR just told me to go get a drug test then she ordered a background check at that moment.
· Started working the following week.
· From applying the second time to hiring, it had been two months, excluding the preceding six months.

Questions are paraphased. I don’t remember the exact questions.

Phone interview. The questions are the following:

1. Tell me a time you went above and beyond in your job.
2. Tell me a time you worked with a team. What was your role? How did it turn out?

First in-person interview. The questions are the following:

1. Tell me how you qualify for the job.
2. Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle the situation?
3. Tell me one thing you had to do accurately or tell me a time you had to multi-task.
4. How do you provide good customer service? Why is it important to provide good customer service?
5. At the end of the day, what do you enjoy most about working at Home Depot?

If you have a second interview with another manager. The questions are as follow:

1. Why did you leave the job before your last job? (It’s okay to say that the pay was more that’s why you left the job before your last one. The manager will be understanding.)
2. Why do you want to work for Home Depot? (Be sure to mention the employees are very nice. They treat each other with respect. It’s like a big family at Home Depot. This is very true.)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Pay was mentioned during phone interview. HR just gave me a print out that showed my pay rate. No discussion about pay at all.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Home Depot.

Interview Details Came to my campus' job-fair, took about a month to start calling people. Took a while to set something up as the manager was out of town. Finally set up a time with a manager who asked Java specific questions and about my experience. Was told they wanted to continue the process a couple hours after, but have not heard anything yet.

Interview Questions

• Was not expecting to be quizzed on Java, but he made it seem like it was okay and offered solutions.   Answer Question
  • What is a static variable?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about the sorting algorithms you know and how they operate.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about inheritance and polymorphism. Also asked about other OOP concepts.   Answer Question

Project Support Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Home Depot in January 2013.

Interview Details Completed application online, received a call from a computer generated person who asked a few questions. Once completed, a human person asked additional questions and scheduled an interview face to face with the Store Manager.

Interview Question – Most difficult question to answer can you be available at ant time to work!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

North Ft Myers, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Home Depot in April 2014.

Interview Details initial interview at store with assistant manager. he was very polite and professional. good interview.

Interview Question – what are my hobbies and pasttime activities   View Answer

Reason for Declining – need parttime job

Interviews for Top Jobs at Home Depot

Worked for Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!

Home Depot Videos

Home Depot – Why Work for Us?

Our Company When it was founded in 1978 by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank, The Home Depot began changing consumers’ perspectives about how they could care for and improve their homes. The Company created the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Home Depot interview questions and advice. All 1,211 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Home Depot employees and interview candidates.