Honeywell Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr 2015

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

No real formal interview, cocky manager with no interview skills. Asked relevant questions, seemed to be desperate to hire as problems on the team with a staff member casing friction.

Negotiation

none

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Honeywell (Bracknell, England) in March 2009.

Interview

Recommendation through another company

Good

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Honeywell (Pune (India)).

Interview

There were 3 rounds in the the interview.
    they asked about my past exp and all related to embedded systems... the fields I am currently working in.
    Overall ok ok difficulty level...
    not too hard not too simple
    The HR person asked about past salary and negotiated for what they wanted

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Had a phone interview and interviewer was friendly and made the interview seem not so intimidating. Very easy and general questions. Phone interview was very short, around 11 minutes. They said they would get back to me within a week, but it's been over two weeks and I have not heard anything from them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Honeywell in April 2015.

Interview

Two to three hours were assigned for the interview. But the panel themselves were friendly. Not intimidating even though the panel interview took one and half hours. Hiring manager first, then panel, followed by the tour of the production floor (cool), then hiring manager's boss and later wrapped up with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• A lot of design questions (described a time when you designed this...), programming and some team/leadership (when you improved efficiency, productivity or contributed to a team member's development) questions. They went deeper in the design and programming question than I had experience with.

No offer yet!

Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell (Bangalore (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Got call through consultant
    Round 1 : Interviewer asked some common and easy technical questions on design patterns, multithreading etc…. Asked me to write some easy to develop code on paper…Lasted 40 min…moderate level interview
    Round 2 : Interviewer asked about project development strategies, agile, traceability matrix etc. Lasted around 20 min…easy level interview
    Round 3 : A senior manager asked me to write a whole bunch of performance oriented algorithms…pure coding…Lasted 150 min….level somewhat hard
    Round 4 : A guy from US asked about some general things like advantages of framework and how do keep myself updated with technologies and then asked me to write 3 coding problems….lasted 60 min….hard level interview
    Round 5 : (Bloody frustrating right?) Another US guy came and discussed theoretical questions….from memory management to differences in 32 and 64 bit java to how does the working of interpreter differ from compiler to name 5 new features of java 8. Lasted 1 hour….Since the topics covered hardware know how too i would say this round was hard as well..

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Screening by HR, phone interview with hiring manager, e-mail follow-up with hiring manager, in-person interview with hiring manager and another supervisor, phone and e-mail follow-up with hiring manager and HR. In person interview used canned set of technical questions asked of all candidates. Hiring manager was very accommodating as I had an out of town trip we had to schedule around.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all technical and pertained to the position. There weren't any questions that I would consider a surprise   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was made clear that the offer was a fixed, take it or leave it, amount.

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Honeywell.

Interview

Too many interviews (6 people in 5+ hours) crammed into one afternoon is too exhausting for any candidate. The HR representatives act like robots, with mentalities from the 19th century. I felt unwanted and unliked by the rest of my would-be team before they even met me. It was the most unpleasant interview I've ever been through.

Interview Questions

• Too many unqualified interviewers asking inane questions (what 3 words best describe you?). When did my qualifications, work history and talent stop mattering? There was NOT ONE SINGLE QUESTION ABOUT MY CAPABILITIES. I had a portfolio of work with me and nobody asked to see samples of my work.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Honeywell (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was not tough..mostly technical questions and basics of programming languages we know..and most of the interview process the interviewer was calm and giving time to think over questions

Software/Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Honeywell (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Technical Manager and Software Manager. They talked about the job and what they do and what you would do as a intern. They really just did a resume rundown and ask about my coding experience. They also ask about project experience through classes.