Huddle Interview Questions

Updated 18 Feb 2015
Updated 18 Feb 2015

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Huddle.

Interview

A technical phone interview ~15 mins with a senior developer, then asked to come in. Told the interview would be ~3 hours and consist of discussions and a test with JS/CSS/HTML

Had a walk around the office then, a 1hr meeting with 3 managers, focusing on team fit and general CV questions (what was learned/how the candidate faired in previous positions). Next a 1hr pair programming task refactoring some JS. Then back into a meeting room for a further 1hr interview with 1 manager, the senior developer from the phone call and the developer who took the pair programming task, focusing on technical details.

If you get asked if you want a drink, take one as it is a long process!

Interview Questions

• What is the most impressive piece of code you have ever seen?   Answer Question

Sales Development Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Huddle.

Interview

Process took 6 months. Yes 6 months. I was offered a position after my initial interview to which was than declined due to investment and advised to stay in touch. Six months later I had another interview and was not given feedback until 3 weeks after. A very unprofessional experience.

Interview Questions

• If I have you blank cheque what would you do with it? To which the manager was expecting 'I'd buy Huddle shares....'   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Huddle (London, England) in June 2014.

Interview

1. Phone interview (30 min with in-house recruiter -- tough)
    2. face-to-face with team manager (1 hour -- friendly)
    3. face-to-face with team manager, in-house recruiter, account manager (~2 hours, was given role play script ahead of time and was asked to prepare 20 minute presentation -- tough but great to have to go through to test readiness/fit)

Interview Questions

• 20 minute presentation pitch   1 Answer

Negotiation

Somewhat, yes. Be clear and strong!

H-PEGS London Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Huddle (London, England) in January 2014.

Interview

Met an employee at a carers fair who described the company/work environment and the H-PEGS. (This was a few months before I applied.)

Emailed my CV and answers to questions on the H-PEGS page and got a speedy, very encouraging response from HR asking me to do a programming and testing question.

Did the questions during the next week then, after some delay, got told a wouldn't go any further. I guess they didn't like my algorithm.

Automated Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Huddle (London, England).

Interview

Hour 'Technical' Telephone interview with hiring manager
    4 Hour Face to Face 'Panel' sessions at their office consisting of a Written Technical Test, a Test Design Workshop, a Coding Session and a set of Suitability Interviews

Interview Questions

• Here's my PC, using the automation framework we've developed and use here. Please code a test script for us that we can compile and run   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Huddle.

Interview

I applied for this position online, arranged a telephone interview with the Huddle recruiter. There was no structure to the interview, the recruiter was focusing too much on detail that was not relevant to the role, he said he had an understanding on your PR worked yet failed to understand the basics of my role. Many pauses in the recruiters conversation, the interview did not flow. Recruiter has very little knowledge on the position. We ran out of time during the interview, recruiter stated that there were a few questions he needed to ask me and will email them over to me in the next couple of days. That never happened.

The recruiter was not experienced in his position, very amateur. A week later I followed up with the outcome of my interview and the email I never received, by email - I had no response. When I called the recruiter he informed me that he will have an update by the end of the day and I am still waiting.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Huddle.

Interview

I heard about the opportunity from a friend. Huddle was aiming to create a sales development team in there San Francisco location.

My first interview was over Skype with the head recruiter. The interview was very casual, she wanted to learn more about my background and why I would be a good fit for the role. After the initial screening I was invited to attend a group interview. The group interview was with the head recruiter and the the head of HR, it consisted of a number of different exercises. We first had to introduce ourselves and give an interesting fact about us, then we had to speak to the person next to us and try to sell them to the group. Other exercises included being assigned a position on a difficult topic (abortion) and debating with a fellow candidate and having the rest of the group vote for who won the debate. The last exercise was based on being stranded on island, a number of cards with objects were on lying on the table, you had to grab a good object and then in open discussion portray the value to the group and convince them that yours was the most needed. It was a very interesting process. The group interview lasted about four hours. The last interview was with the head recruiter and the sales manager about final details, I was offered the position a week later.

Interview Questions

• Why is a manhole cover round?   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Huddle (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Was emailed by a recruiter to set up the phone interview. Recruiter was very professional on the phone (although her dog kept barking). She seemed to really like me and passed me along to the hiring manager. I traveled down to SF for the interview with the hiring manager. Overall it went ok, very typical questions and office was nothing special. Everyone in the office was kind and professional. I was told if I passed the in-person I would have to come in again for a second in-person. A few days after the interview I was e-mailed saying they decided to move forward with other candidates.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Huddle (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and scheduled a phone screen with her and the hiring manager. The call with the hiring manager was too much--it was over an hour long. The gesture was to be thorough but I felt someone who's need to be so thorough seemed odd for a first call. My gut feeling was something was off with the job and/or company.