Humana Interview Questions

Updated 16 Apr 2015

2.8

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Humana.

Interview

Interviewed with hiring a manger and team members. Also had phone screen with recruiter. Total of 3 interviews over several weeks. When interviewing with team members, met with 2 at a time.

Care Manager MSW Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Humana.

Interview

I applied through the Humana website and received an email a couple weeks later asking to participate in a phone interview through Montage. This was an interview with prerecorded interview questions where you leave recorded responses. Two weeks later I was asked to do a video interview. I thought the interview went well and was told I'd hear in two days. Five days later I got a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you encountered and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Records Retrieval Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Humana (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

A screening call was performed by an automated line of questioning. 2 on-site interviews- 1st mainly via conference call with 6-8 people, 2nd face to face with those people. Staff was very welcoming and easy to talk with. Interview 1 lasted 15 minutes tops. Interview 2 lasted 40 min. 2weeks before getting a dear john.

Interview Questions

• Sell yourself....why should we choose you for this position?   Answer Question

Personal Health Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Humana (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Saw the position posted online and applied on my own. I did not hear back for a few weeks, but I did eventually receive an email asking me to do a telephone interview. The interview was a recorded interview where I was asked a few questions by an automated system and I then answered the questions. The answers were recorded and I assume they were reviewed by a recruiter the next day. Two days later I got a call from a Humana recruiter asking me for a second interview. The interview was a Montage interview that was over the web (very Skype-like). I was interviewed by a Personal Health Coach team leader. It mostly involved questions regarding my experience and a few situational questions (tell me about a time when...). Very easy and enjoyable interview. The only thing that was tough for me was deciding where to look when I spoke: the camera or the video of the interviewer on my screen? Two days later I was contacted with an offer, which I very happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult patient? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Why should I choose you for this position?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have that qualifies you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience using multiple computer systems at the same time?   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Humana.

Interview

Applied online via company website for Humana RightSource Pharmacy position.
    Had Phone interview about 1-2 weeks later. Was Offered to come in for f2f interview. There were about 25+ that day interviewing for the new location that had just opened up. They called us in, 3 candidates at a time. There were 2 ppl doing the interviewing. They asked us one at a time about 3-4 questions. We each had different questions. They asked a Final question, in which we had to give a one word answer to. They left the room for a couple minutes for us to think about our answer. They came back in, asked the question a final time. We each gave our one worded answer and they had us sit back in the waiting area.
    Later, went upstairs. There was a computer based assessment. Later, someone called me in to an office. She told me the salary I was being offered. I accepted. (Everyone's salary differs and depends on experience)
    She told me to look for an email within the next week for training dates and information.

Interview Questions

• What is one word that describes what you will bring to the Company.   Answer Question

Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Humana (Louisville, KY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Humana recruiter did great job putting interview together. I only did in person. Phone screened with recruiter. Interview was pretty informal. I talked to the manager and the other process manager in the same group. I was much more qualified technically for the job than the other process manager. It went really well I thought. The manager even skipped his other meeting to keep talking. Very disappointed. If I still didn't want to work for Humana this would be negative.

Consultant Interview

Interview

Montage interview
    This is an invitation to complete an on-demand phone interview (called a Montage Voice) so that we can learn more about you. You will have the opportunity to record your responses to automated questions. You will need reliable telephone service;

Technology Applications Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Humana.

Interview

Submitted online application with resume. Was called by recruiter in few days. She then set up face to face interview with manager and supervisor. I was nervous about the interview and the type of questions...tell me about a time when you were faced with a very stressful time and how did you handle it and the outcome...where do you see yourself in 5 years. After the first 2 questions, the manager tossed the papers in the air and oh heck with that, tell me what you know and your experience. I was immediately with way less stress. The manager and the supervisor were friendly to each other and in turn, they were friendly to me. I was told I'd hear from HR in a few days and I received an offer by late afternoon.

Interview Questions

• How do you react to the many different personalities that you might run into in this employer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Case Manager (RN) Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Humana.

Interview

Phone screening with a Humana recruiter; then face to face interview with hiring manager. If you are applying for a telephonic, you may be set up for a video interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Based questions.... ex. Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple...they gave me what I asked for.

Humana Cares Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Humana.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy. After applying for the position, a month later I was contacted by email to sign up for a phone interview with a hiring recruiter. It also stated that the spots were limited and interviews was given on a first come first served basis. So depending on when you opened the email could have been detrimental to moving forward in the process. After having the phone interview with the recruiter, I was selected for a face-to-face interview with the a hiring manager that was scheduled 3wks later. Was given an offer 3 days post interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a disagreement with your management team?   Answer Question