Hyatt Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.4

Security Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyatt (Huntington Beach, CA (US)).

Interview

Started with an open, cattle call style interview. In the process I met with the dept head and HR rep in seperate interviews. After passing that round, there was an interview with the director

Massage Therapist-casual Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Awili Spa/Andaz hotel at Wailea. They only hire dual licensed people for full-time or part time positions, so they asked which days I am available as they wanted 2 days a week on-call availability. You can refuse 3 times before they fire you. I offered them 4 days to choose from and a couple of days later in the training part they told me they thought I am available all 4 days and that was the only reason why they hired me. So I guessed since that day for the following couple of weeks I managed to last I was in the category of "least favorite therapists"

I had to give 2 practical full 60 minutes' massages (both to the lead therapist and the spa manager) vs 1 massage in most other places. The training part: 2 weeks/ training results were generally based on favoritism of the lead therapist, there was a lot of focusing on one trainee and ignoring and yelling and rude comments towards another one.

Also if they are overloaded with clients and they need you to start working soon depending on the availability days you provided you are going to be cleared right now, if they don't need you until next week or later they are going to fail your treatments' demos no matter what and offer you to do the whole several hours thing on them over and over again until they think you are ready.:)))

The reasons they give are: 4 sugar crumbs on the floor left after you swept the floor after the treatment, your hands were cold after the lead therapist/client intentionally asked to set up the room temperature very low and before the treatment you made sure the t is ok for the client and the client said he likes it cold. So, raising the room temperature is not ok to solve the cold fingers problem, you must give the same body treatment to them again to get rid of it.

The feedback they are giving after you massaged them and scrubbed them and wrapped them for 3 hours is very rude, personally I don't think I've ever received anything like that in my entire history of employment and job interviews. There was generally NOTHING good said at all and everything was "totally unacceptable and inappropriate". I have no idea how it has worked out for me and my clients for the last 13 years...I should just focus on some different area of talents now...:)

Generally it looked more like begging for free massages and body treatments and desperate looking for excuses for that in an aggressive manner rather than professional approach so I had to explain that would probably not going to work for me.

They told I would receive 1 paycheck/training hours-2 weeks and I never received one, I contacted the spa manager about the problem and never received any reply.

So I guess I presented them 3 free massages plus the "horrible" wraps and scrubs they trained me at and received nothing but yelling and complaining about my cold hands.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hyatt (Charlotte, NC (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I went to an interview for Night Auditor. Assistant manager conducted a panel interview with six other candidates for the same position in the room. Is that a "normal" process for Hyatt? We were told that that a decision would be made in the next 2 or 3 days.

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt (Savannah, GA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Amazing interview conducted by enthusiastic staff members that were amazing at learning about me and allowing me to learn about the company. Everyone I spoke with was honest and friendly. The interview confirmed that the Hyatt is a great second job for some and a perfect primary job for other people.

Interview Questions

• What drew me to the hospitality industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. I was happy with the first offer but negotiated a small step higher in pay.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

Easy interview, mainly on customer service skills and the company itself. They also give you a good description of the position and ask you to answer questions on various situations you could be put in and how you would handle it.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Overnight Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It was a position at the Andaz 5th ave, a Hyatt hotel. Took a written test that gave some simple culinary questions, then met with the chef for the interview who gave some outlandish scenarios and how I will deal with them. The Chef was quite serious about this entire process and did not really try to ease the tension in the room, which made me think twice about wanting to work under him during the interview.

Interview Questions

• If a group of important people visited for a multiple course meal, what will you cook?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

One brief phone screening with a half hour in person interview a week after. The phone screening was a casual conversation with the Food and Beverage Manager. He basically was interested in gauging my understanding of the position and laying out his expectations for this role. The in person interview was conducted with the Food and Beverage manager as well as another assistant manager. The atmosphere and language was extremely casual.

Interview Questions

• Describe a place you remember for quality service.
      Describe a time when you felt cared for.

Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview

3 rounds of interview phone screen, face to face first round, and face to face second round. Decision made pretty quickly.met with three of the human resources team and the director for the city asked me about my past employment and gave me great tips on my interview

Interview Questions

• The usual why Hyatt and where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Food and Beverage Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Hyatt (Denver, CO (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Terrible process! Met with 4 different managers then got offered the job. Then got called in again after being offered the position for another interview, then offered the position again. Once I got offered the job it took them three weeks to schedule me!!

Gallery Host Interview

Interview

This interview was pretty easy. They basically went over went over the position details and expectations. The gallery host has to do a lot. The pay is low which was a turn off, especially for all the work they described. Got offered the position but don't know ill take it. Very nice hotel with nice staff.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you? What makes you stand out from over applicants? And scenario questions.   Answer Question
    • Wanted to get a feel to see if you were customer service oriented.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable. $10 an hour.