IBM Intern Interview Questions

Updated 6 Apr 2015
Updated 6 Apr 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM (Winchester, England) in January 2010.

Interview

You got taken around their winchester location and sat down first thing for a mathematical test to ensure you didn't cheat on the online test. After that, you have lunch and you have two interviews in the afternoon, one technical interview and one with HR. You also get thrown in a group and asked to solve an issue to see how you fare in group work.

Interview Questions

• When we were thrown in a group we needed to work out a problem. To do this we all sat around and looked at it individually opposed to properly working as a group.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IBM (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a week later requesting an interview. The week after the interview a representative from HR contacted me to fill out a formal application and to fill out a form with the amount of college credits I had completed to help them figure a salary. It has been a week since those forms were filled out. No official offer yet, but I'm hoping that will be the next step.

As for the interview, it was very laid back. The interviewer described the job and what was expected of the intern. It was more of a conversation than the typical question/answer interview. A few personality and technical questions were asked but not many.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Interview

I applied through my university's database and began the interview process a couple weeks later. I really enjoyed everyone I interviewed with. They were all very nice and seemed very interested in getting to know me. However, the overall process was unorganized and the information I received was inconsistent. After much confusion and wasted time, I ended up receiving a good job offer. I would still say that I didn't have a negative experience though because I do believe that everyone tried their best to be helpful and nice. I declined because I ended up receiving a better offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

Interview

on campus interview Ask about technical questions. It was harder than my expectation. but fair.
    He asked about IBM and how far I know about the company. Very professional question even though it was internship position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your analytical skill
      What do you know about IBM?
      what field is your interest?
      Describe your projects

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online, there might have been a gpa requirement. Took almost a month before receiving a call for interview.had interviews, was pretty standard like any other software engineer internship interview, just read the standard prep books. It should be pretty easy, but should probably review basic widely seen algorithms

Better offer elsewhere

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email after 2 weeks. Had to interview that very week. Everyone is very kind and nice :) First part was behavioral and mostly went into details of my projects. Next was a technical interview where I was asked questions in Java (OCJP type questions). Then after about 2 or 3 weeks there was an interview with the manager which was behavioral again. Lastly after another 2-3 weeks I had to give the IBM online assessment which is a little tough because of the time limits but it went well. Process is long but pretty easy I would say. IMO they sort you out based on your profile and if they're confident that you are a good fit the interviews are quite easy. If you are good don't be afraid to negotiate but do not push too hard :)

Interview Questions

• What are generics in Java, use of protected modifier, final classes etc   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM (Santiago (Chile)) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. I was contacted to ask about what I needed to do in my internship and to do an online assessment test. About two weeks later I was contacted for a group interview. Managers spoke about the company and then we were separated in groups and were asked to introduce ourselves and to do a group task. I was contacted via phone in the same day.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM in October 2014.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at my College and was contacted next day, set up a call for later that week and the phone interview went well. Pretty standard behavioral questions, helped that I knew about some current projects and about the company in general.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions, the interviewer is there to see what you know so there will be some thought provoking questions, the interview process is not over yet so im putting down that there was no offer but I fully expect one.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in September 2014.

Interview

IBM sent a senior hiring manager to a collective interview even that my program was hosting. They interviewed with all of the relevant students that were available in order to get a good feel for who was going to be a good fit. They knew that the program we are a part of was already giving us the technical competency to compete for the positions and so the interview was primarily based on how we would fit within the culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were not very technical, as it was more of a personality interview. The hardest question was "What is a challenge that you have faced in the past and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

3 rounds of telephonic interview, aptitude test, manager interview, same questions repeated by all the panels . It wasn't very difficult but you should understand the basics well. They'll ask about ur other interests n all

Interview Questions

• mostly on operating systems   1 Answer

Negotiation

very simple