IBM Intern Interview Questions

2.7

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in January 2010.

You got taken around their winchester location and sat down first thing for a mathematical test to ensure you didn't cheat on the online test. After that, you have lunch and you have two interviews in the afternoon, one technical interview and one with HR. You also get thrown in a group and asked to solve an issue to see how you fare in group work.

Interview Questions
  • When we were thrown in a group we needed to work out a problem. To do this we all sat around and looked at it individually opposed to properly working as a group.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM in October 2014.

Talked to a recruiter at my College and was contacted next day, set up a call for later that week and the phone interview went well. Pretty standard behavioral questions, helped that I knew about some current projects and about the company in general.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, the interviewer is there to see what you know so there will be some thought provoking questions, the interview process is not over yet so im putting down that there was no offer but I fully expect one.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

3 rounds of telephonic interview, aptitude test, manager interview, same questions repeated by all the panels . It wasn't very difficult but you should understand the basics well. They'll ask about ur other interests n all

very simple

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in September 2014.

IBM sent a senior hiring manager to a collective interview even that my program was hosting. They interviewed with all of the relevant students that were available in order to get a good feel for who was going to be a good fit. They knew that the program we are a part of was already giving us the technical competency to compete for the positions and so the interview was primarily based on how we would fit within the culture of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were not very technical, as it was more of a personality interview. The hardest question was "What is a challenge that you have faced in the past and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

I was referred by a family friend when they had an opening for a summer intern. Because I was referred, I guess I skipped the initial HR inspection and went straight to the interviews. I had a first round chat with the team manager, who simply talked about the team and the project they work on and asked about me and what I was looking for. He was very polite and enjoyable to talk to. After the interview, he emailed me about 1-2 weeks later with an update that he had OK'd me for the next round and I was passed on to someone else on his team.

The second interview was more of a struggle, though it wasn't meant to be. I personally just have a hard time talking about myself, and that's what this interview consisted of. Additionally the team member brought along another team member without giving any prior notice so I was caught off guard and felt more uncomfortable at being on speakerphone. However, as far as intern interviews go, I think IBM is among the easier interviews as there were no technical questions. Both interviews were about half an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project of yours and include specifics about the classes and data structures that you used.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rome (Italy)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at IBM in May 2014.

Position in Rome, Technical position. Firstly, i have a logical test online then i was called for interview in Rome. The Interview was very simple, just a couple of question about my study. No English test.

i prefer other option

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in April 2014.

Interviews with the team, 3 separate calls from people in different locations, casual conversation about work ethic and portfolio and processes in developing designs. Helped to give them a story of how and why you ended up where you are.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at IBM in March 2014.

general aptitude followed by technical round then telephonic interview

Interview Questions
    • all are simple questions mainly based on strings like string expansion,palindromes etc   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IBM.

Received a call from a hiring manager asking for an interview. Arrived on site and interviewed with three different managers all wanting an interview. Interview was pretty standard questions about school work and class projects. Nothing really technical was covered which I didn't expect.

Was then directed to take an online aptitude test.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in February 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter and then apply. They scheduled a online interview using Skype. The interviewers were friendly but they seemed a little bit in a hurry.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to describe myself, the typical "tell me about yourself"; it caught me off guard.   Answer Question