IBM Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Winchester, England
Anonymous Employee in Winchester, England

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

You got taken around their winchester location and sat down first thing for a mathematical test to ensure you didn't cheat on the online test. After that, you have lunch and you have two interviews in the afternoon, one technical interview and one with HR. You also get thrown in a group and asked to solve an issue to see how you fare in group work.

Interview Questions
  • When we were thrown in a group we needed to work out a problem. To do this we all sat around and looked at it individually opposed to properly working as a group.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mombasa (Kenya)
    Anonymous Employee in Mombasa (Kenya)

interviewed at IBM in June 2013.

Quite fair. Being the first exposure to the STAR method of interview it initially was challenging but the people were great and understanding. The panel gave me enough time to think through what I was saying, were really patient. For an internship position it was a bit more than I expected though, a three people panel was quite a bit too much.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbia, MO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in February 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter and then apply. They scheduled a online interview using Skype. The interviewers were friendly but they seemed a little bit in a hurry.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to describe myself, the typical "tell me about yourself"; it caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IBM.

I was referred by a family friend when they had an opening for a summer intern. Because I was referred, I guess I skipped the initial HR inspection and went straight to the interviews. I had a first round chat with the team manager, who simply talked about the team and the project they work on and asked about me and what I was looking for. He was very polite and enjoyable to talk to. After the interview, he emailed me about 1-2 weeks later with an update that he had OK'd me for the next round and I was passed on to someone else on his team.

The second interview was more of a struggle, though it wasn't meant to be. I personally just have a hard time talking about myself, and that's what this interview consisted of. Additionally the team member brought along another team member without giving any prior notice so I was caught off guard and felt more uncomfortable at being on speakerphone. However, as far as intern interviews go, I think IBM is among the easier interviews as there were no technical questions. Both interviews were about half an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project of yours and include specifics about the classes and data structures that you used.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at IBM in March 2014.

general aptitude followed by technical round then telephonic interview

Interview Questions
    • all are simple questions mainly based on strings like string expansion,palindromes etc   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in March 2013.

very simple phone interview. asked me a few questions regarding my interest and if i knew the difference between business to business marketing and business to consumer marketing. basically just show that u are interested in the job and you are willing to work hard.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boulder, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at IBM in March 2013.

The interview process was pretty laid back. I think the whole process took around 3 weeks. I submitted an application and received a call about two weeks later to interview the next week. I went on site and it was a round table interview with the hiring managers or someone they sent in their place to take notes. Questions were pretty normal. I only had one interview and got a job offer a couple weeks later. The managers just wanted to get a feel for who you were and what you wanted to learn so they could put you in the right department.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected. They asked what you knew about IBM and why you wanted to be an intern there. They did ask me to give a 30 second commercial to market myself, but it was pretty much the same as being asked to tell them about yourself. They ask for a strength and a weakness, an example of when a teammate wasn't pulling their weight on a project and how you handled it, and an example of a time you failed and what you learned from it and how you came back from it type thing.   Answer Question
    I was originally dissatisfied with my payment offer, but I countered and they accepted.

Intern Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM.

Received a call from a hiring manager asking for an interview. Arrived on site and interviewed with three different managers all wanting an interview. Interview was pretty standard questions about school work and class projects. Nothing really technical was covered which I didn't expect.

Was then directed to take an online aptitude test.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Prague (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IBM.

The hiring process differs very much for every position. I was surprised with 1:1 interview where my bosses were present even for such short-term position.

Interview Questions
    Unpaid position. No negotiation needed.

Intern Interview

Written test(aptitude with Logical). Shortlisted students gave C Aptitude test, followed by two technical round and one hr round

Interview Questions

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!