IBM Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 27, 2014
2,152 interviews

2.8

Advisory IT Architect Interview

Technical interview followed by partner interview and casestudy review with 8 others applied for multiple roles. this is primarily to test soft skills of the candiate. Post that HR interview is just a formality.

Graduate Entry Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online - interviewed at IBM in June 2014.

I applied online and they sent an email with a numeracy skill test to take within three days. After I passed the test they invited me to an assessment day. I was in a group of around 10 other graduates in 3-4 hours I participated in a one-to-one interview, a short presentation, group discussions, and again the numeracy test.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you see yourself in 2 years from now? and in 5 years?   Answer Question

Extreme Blue - Business Position Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM.

First Round: IBM CV Template + IPAT IBM Tests including numbers series problem.

Second Round: Assessment centre:
    - Confirmation IPAT Test
    - group exercise - Zin Obelisk type exercise
    - for the business role there was also a written case study

Third and final round: Assessment centre:

- interview with a senior manager
    - one-to-one role play exercise with assessor
    - split into pairs for negotiation exercise
    - situational group interview
    - pre-prepared presentation entitled 'What does technology mean to you?'

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 months - interviewed at IBM in May 2014.

IBM in-house recruiter found me on LinkedIn and messaged me asking if I would be interested in a role at IBM.

I had 2 x phone interview, one with the in-house recruiter which I passed and then one with a department lead which I also passed.

I was then invited to the AC where we did a group case study and had 2 x face-to-face interviews, one was a technical interview and one was a partner interview. As long as you know your stuff you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Actually the whole process was fine, nothing difficult or unexpected as long as you are confident and know your industry you should be fine.   Answer Question
    I had another offer on the table so managed to negotiate on the base salary they originally offered.

Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at IBM in May 2014.

Online application, followed by telephone interview and assessment centre (three interviews and group exercise). The process was well-structured and a good deal of context was given about the firm at each stage. The initial telephone interview focussed on identifying broad skills overlap with the firm and determining rapport. The assessment centre then probed more deeply, testing team work, presentation, analytical and communication skills and assessing capabilities from a business and technical point of view.

Interview Questions
    • Technical interview questions are very thorough and probe a wide range of practical expertise. it's important to have plenty of practical examples to mention and to be able to explain them clearly and simply.   View Answer

European Industry Solutions Concierge Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at IBM in May 2014.

The process is pretty lengthy and competitive, however if you take your time in filling out the application properly and can talk about good examples for your answer you should make it through to the assessment centre easily. Your answers don't necessarily have to be from past work experience, it could be from any real life experience you've had. Throw in some personality, recruiters love it.

The IPAT test is hard, most people I have talked to at IBM thought they failed it, however you are still very likely to make it through to the next stage even if you did poorly on it.

The assessment centre was surprisingly a lot easier than that of other companies I had attended. The group tasks were pretty basic. Make sure you're always communicating well with your group mates. You don't have to be overly bossy, or be a pushover for that matter. Just find a nice in between. Listen first and then speak. Be the one in the group who compliments others for their bits and motivates everyone - that works well in any assessment centre.

For your individual interview, review your IBM CV and refresh all the experiences you had talked about. Make sure you prepare a killer presentation, prepare and research in advance. Make the presentation nice and chatty like a conversation, that makes it more engaging. Use less words, more pictures and visuals in your slides.

The final interview was with the manager of a Team I was placed in. IT WAS HARD. Basically the guy looked at my CV and tore it apart. Mentioned that my past experience does not fall in line with the line of work. It was a pretty bad interview, but I felt like more preparation may have helped me. Luckily if you get rejected from one team, another hiring manager may pick your CV up and offer an interview for a position.

Interview Questions
    • From your past experience I can see that you are a great independent decision maker, but when have you demonstrated teamwork in a very processed based work environment?   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in June 2010.

Be sure to know about IBM's current business and technology investments. Follow recent news around IBM. Don't be too forward or aggressive during assessment centers. They are looking for team players.

Graduate Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online - interviewed at IBM in April 2014.

After filling out a long application form and submitting my CV and following a number of emails, I was invited to an assessment center at headquarters. About 20 people showed up on the day at 8am. Between 8 am and 1 pm we were required to partake in three activities in teams. Each activity lasted half an hour. One was a numerical reasoning exam and the other two assessed how you interact in teams. If you passed the three morning sessions you had to do an interview in the evening.

Interview Questions
    • One of the group activities required solving a problem regarding the location of artwork in a museum given only snippets of information.   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at IBM.

I applied for the job and they first called me to talk about my experience. After that I received an email with some questions to answer, as. - Say 5 thing that would you do if your wirelless conexion were not working.
    The day after I sent the answers, and I got an interview with them 2 days after.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you feel that you would be successful in this role?
      Why work for IBM?
      Have you experience working with targets and working with strict policies and procedures?
      Example When you have worked in a monitored environment.
        View Answer

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at IBM in April 2014.

On the day of the assessment we were split into groups and had us do two group exercises, one logical and one business based. It turns out not giving your other team mates the chance to speak and constantly taking up every point in one breath is something they are looking for, I kid you not, if you get invited to one of these do not sit thinking oh i will let so and so finish making their point.

get in there and make your contribution.

Interview Questions

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!