IBM

1,959 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Architect Interview

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details joined via an acquisition so was not interviewed

Technical Consultant Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at IBM in February 2014.

Interview Details Submit application and CV online. Then they determine whether you will be given an online IPAT test. Sit the IPAT and if you pass you are invited for an AC. The AC day is one day for successful candidates, and half a day for unsuccessful candidates. The morning involves a confirmatory IPAT, which is quite tough, and two group exercises. One exercise is logic based and the other is event planning. Second half of the day involves a paired exercise where you pitch a solution to a given problem to two interviewers. Then there is an interview with a Professional Development Manager - it's just a chat about your interests.

Interview Question – How did I have to behave or work differently as a woman in the sciences.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Hursley, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at IBM in March 2014.

Interview Details Online test followed up by Assessment. I was very impressed overall, kind of enjoyed the whole processed. Currently I am on a matching process and have no idea what to expect.

Interview Question – they were all usual HR questions and about IBM products and services.   Answer Question

Graduate Business Consultant Interview

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details I had to take an online test, a full day assessment centre and an interview at the south bank head office

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. In the assessment centre do not sit back and let It happen, get good ideas across and also try to help the team work better together.   Answer Question

Characterization Engineer Interview

Newyork, Scotland

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IBM in May 2012.

Interview Details I was interviewed at the NSBE convention,but the person said there was no slot anymore but from my resume he sees i am someone that can work for them,that he was going to recommend me. After two weeks i got a call from someone,already frustrated with the way all my interview was going in recent time, I was so real and that was what got the hiring manager interested in me.She interviewed me on phone with series of technical questions which i answered to the best of my knowledge.i guess she was impressed because she said she will like to interview me on site.I flew from Texas to Newyork where i had the 8hrs technical interview.It wasnt just me that was interviewed,so we all got to know one another during our lunch break,but the most important thing was that we were welcomed and it made the interview process easy. More So if any company is interested in you,they will do anything to get you.

Interview Question – Test of the I.Q   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a good one,as an Msc holder, i was offered 70k/year which iI refused and negotiation started. At the end we agreed on 77k with bonus,medical and incentives.

IBM Extreme Blue Interview

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details 3 group exercises and 3 individual exercises and 1 presentation

Interview Question – Group exercises were dificult   Answer Question

Graduate Programmer UK Interview

Hursley, England

I applied online - interviewed at IBM in January 2014.

Interview Details Online application form and verbal and numeric reasoning tests. The numeracy test is more about spotting patterns than applying knowledge of sequences. Led to assessment centre at IBM Hursley, a location out in the countryside. A horrible location to get to for 8am. Process involved dividing up into small groups and carrying out supervised problem solving exercises and an event planning exercise, as well as a confirmation numeracy test similar to the one completed online. 8 people out of 40 went through to the second half of the day, the rest being sent home.

Interview Question – 1) Arranging paintings in order provided with limited information
2) Plan a celebratory event for IBM and a client, with a recruiter playing the role of the customer.
  Answer Question

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Hursley, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied online via the IBM system. First stage was a online test (IPAT) which was pretty tough compare to others. Once passed, I was invited to an assessment centre at IBM Hursley. The assessment day was surprising enjoyable. It started with a confirmatory test which tested whether you had the correct reasoning and logic skills to be a Software Developer. Next was a short presentation on "What technology means to me". The presentation was to one person and with presenter and presentee seated so was very relaxed. A one-to-one interview was next - again very relaxed and pleasant. A role-play exercise (individual) finished the morning (something about recommending a sales system and ongoing support for a pet accessory company). The afternoon consisted of group exercises and were much tougher, as much because of the nature of group exercises as anything. I also suspect that some of the problems were unsolvable and designed to see how you work in a team under pressure. The exercises were a negotiation task, a team-working task and a group interview where our responses were individual but had to expand on others' answers. I really enjoyed the day and it was made clear early on that the dozen or so candidates were not competing against each other. As such, the candidates on my day were a great group and everyone seemed to get on great. Unfortunately, I passed the assessment centre but IBM had no software development roles in a location that suited me. I was very impressed with IBM and their operations though.

Interview Question – What issues would arise, if IBM bought a smaller software company, in integrating the assets and employees?   Answer Question

Client Manager Interview

London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IBM in November 2012.

Interview Details Internal Application

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details The usual, phone, face and test with the possibility of case study or group assessment centre

Interview Question – Nothing really. Think I've become a seasoned interview vet   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Insignificant

Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM Videos

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM interview questions and advice. All 1,959 interview reviews are posted anonymously by IBM employees and interview candidates.