IBM

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hursley, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hursley, England

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

IPAT test is difficult, but achievable. The assessment centre is actually great fun! Got to know loads of people and meet many of the people I actually work with today. The exercises were mixed and varied, with several group exercises and several individual exercises and interviews. The interviews were mainly informal chats about your application form and yourself, so nothing to worry about! The group exercises were challenging, and we barely ever got the answer in the time limit, but this didn't matter, how you work as a group does. Overall a very good hiring process, and one that I enjoyed!

Interview Questions
    • What do you see as the next big thing in computing? (somehow...I didn't think about this beforehand!)   Answer Question
    None needed, I accepted at the site which they gave me (which was my first choice)

Srategic Analytics Consulting Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

Online application form and CV. Then the IPAT tests which were harder number series questions and then some easier calculation questions. Then had SHL style numerical and verbal tests.
    After this was invited to the first round Assessment Centre. In the morning there was a presentation from one of the employees and a group exercise which was pretty hard. They also asked for us to redo the IPAT test.
    Half of the applicants were sent home in a very harsh manner at lunchtime.
    After lunch was a one-on-one interview with one of their employers. This was mainly CV based, asking about recent projects and also some estimation questions.

Business Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

After filling the application form, was invited to sit a psychometric tests. They were a bit harder than I expected and actually thought I wouldn't pass yet two days after received an email saying I had passed an my CV was being screened. After a few days was invited for an assessment centre a month later.
    For the assessment centre had to prepare a 15min presentation about how I work in a team, a time I took initiative and created something innovative; to do research on an IBM product; client or project that I was interested; what I would bring into IBM and how could I benefit from them.
    After the interviewer asked me questions for 15mins nothing special. What did I know about IBM, what did I expect to be doing, a time I delivered over pressure... It was quite relaxed.
    Also did 2 group exercises which were quite easy. It's all about how we interact with the colleagues rather than a absolute right answer.
    Next day got told I passed the assessment centre yet it has been a month and still haven't been invited for a a final interview.

Extreme Blue Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huxley, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huxley, England

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Took a month to get an interview offer. IPAT/CAT was a standard math test you would see everywhere for big schemes, but it was quite detail-oriented because it had loads of decimals and fractions. First round selection had a IPAT confirmation, group activity and business case drafting. Group activity was a mock session for HR process: us hiring a person according the situation given. Business case drafting was a generic question with few situations as well.

Interview Questions
    • Group activity was quite tricky mainly because it took time to realise we had different cases in our hands. It seemed like it was more of process-driven assessment. The content itself was quite irrelevant to the Extreme Blue position.   Answer Question

Strategic Analytics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM in November 2014.

Applied online - with CV and additional questions to answer. Invited for two rounds of online tests - one logic sequence based (which was challenging), another basic numeracy and verbal. Invited to Assessment Center consisting of presentation on company, then a logic group exercise (which was assessed by two people - looking at teamwork and problem solving skills), and then another test. Interview in the afternoon after lunch.

Interview Questions
    • difficult online 'IPAT' tests - finding the next number in a sequence   Answer Question

Graduate Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at IBM in November 2014.

Applied online for their graduate scheme (business consultant). I had to fill a word application form with small questions about previous experiences and why I was applying for their graduate scheme.
    After a first quick review you are invited to take their online IPAT test which is kind of hard but manageable if you try some sample questions before (you can found some example easily on the web).
    After that I was invited to attend an assessment center at their London South bank Office. The invitation process was awful, they invited me very late, so I had to book my tickets and accommodation one day before. As a result I ended up spending a lot of money (they only reimburse £150) for a short assessment center (2 groupe exercise) where they selected only the bossiest candidates.

Graduate Applications Specialist (UK) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM in November 2014.

Applied online with CV + cover letter, then sent long application form, with Personal Statement plus giving examples for about 10 of their core competencies.

Had to do an online IPAT (CAT) test, which took about 45 minutes, mixture of confusing sequences and logical problems.

Got to the interview stage, which involved an IBM presentation, and 2 group exercises. One was logical, solving an Einstein-style problem, and the other involved presenting idea for a new product. I screwed up by bit of the presentation, and got sent home.

Had I passed this, there would have been 2 interviews- one with a HR person, and one with a manager in the area you applied.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM in November 2014.

Online Application, Numerical tests, Long questionnaire, Assessment Day.

Assessment day consists of two group exercises after which some people are cut. In the afternoon there are two one on one interviews.

BusinessUK Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IBM in October 2014.

Started with an online application form, then if you pass the numerical test your CV is screened. The numerical test is really difficult, I thought I had blown it but I received an e-mail telling me I'd passed and my CV passed so I was invited to the assessment centre in Portsmouth. The assessment centre consisted of a pre-prepared presentation of which details are given once you've confirmed your attendance, and two group activities - a discussion and a logical exercise which are both very easy just make sure you get involved and take a particular role and don't just sit there. Make sure you take intelligent notes as I think once you leave the room they see what you've written.
    The presentation was a mix of an interview/chat about myself, my hobbies, he basically probed everything I said sounded like he was trying to trick me.
    I withdrew my application straight after the assessment centre because it turned out it wasn't what I wanted to do so I don't know whether I passed or not, just took it as experience.
    A friend of mine did the assessment centre and passed, she had a telephone interview and another face-to-face interview before being made an offer. So quite a long process.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why I wanted to work in a business role when this is a technology company. Wasn't expecting that so just made something up on the spot.   Answer Question

Graduate Business Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

The process has recently changed. There is the application form, IPAT Test and then the assessment centre. The assessment centre involves 2 group exercises - 1.) planning 2.) discussion based. If you are successful you pass through to the afternoon. The afternoon session involves two interviews: 1.) foundation 2.) business. The interviews are competency based.