IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 14 Oct 2014

2.8

130 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

i was contacted by hr after three weeks and few days later scheduled for a technical interview with a member of the team. Interview went well and the interviewer was nice. IBM has a communication problem.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Software Engineer Interview

Worst.No management and valid justifications.Hire in bulk and don't value cream candidates.They called as scheduled interview but it happened to be walkins Suggestion to never go for it.Went at 10 am in morning,got 1st round done at 6 pm.No management of HR operations at all.

Interview Questions
    • Asked in HR round to work for just in 10 percent hike and don't expect much later upfront.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

The interview consisted of a phone conversation. The phone conversation was relatively lax. I was not asked any technical questions. They mostly just asked what I was interested in working on. This probably is not the norm with IBM in the states

Software Engineer Interview

You can apply through online portal or through friends referral. If you get shortlisted,HR will call you and provide you details about opportunity. Number of interview are generally depends on the team and kind of position. It sometime be done with 1 technical interview followed by HR interview or sometime it can be 2-3 technical interviews followed by HR round.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Slow and tedious process . Lots of interviews. very technical in nature. I was interviewed over 7 times. each time with a different engineer or management level. Most questions were basic compared to the required knowledge level. However, the interviewers always expected the response to match their intentions

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

I applied online, got an email saying they were interested, and had two phone interviews (first personality, second technical) followed by a three hour online skills and logic test that made my brain hurt but that I apparently passed. Got the offer and was very excited, but decided on another position.

Interview Questions

I took another offer at a financial firm.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Called me for a phone interview, asking general questions regarding to projects that I had previously worked on, send me off to an on site interview with the manager that I previously talked with and a team lead. Interview questions is relatively easy, mostly regarding various software design cycles.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Referred by an IBM director and got an phone interview by the hiring manager in a month. Hiring manager asked for a technical exercise using one of the IBM core engines as part of the technical review. Presented the results via Webniar to a panel of tech people. Didn't hear back after few weeks regarding an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I presented my R&D works + technical exercise. The hiring manager was quite impressed by them. The hard part is the salary negotiation (went through two hiring managers due to internal reorg).   View Answers (3)

As a matter of fact, I accepted the informal offer. But when returning from a business trip, I was told by the hiring manager that the position was filled - which is the most frustrating part of the process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA (US)

I submitted multiple applications for various software development roles. About a month later I received a call asking to set up a phone interview. It was a comprehensive interview with multiple team members, covering points on my resume, Java-knowledge questions, and soft skill questions about how I work with other people. Soon afterwards, I received my offer.

Interview Questions
    • General Java development knowledge, resume questions, and work ethic / situational questions.   Answer Question
    It never hurts to try negotiating. Every company expects developers to do so, so they won't be offended.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at IBM in May 2014.

The interview process went very smoothly. I met with the HR Rep, then the Manager and the 4 other developers on the team. Each of them had there own interview style but each style complemented the other. The interview consisted of algorithm questions, white board coding questions, and personality questions.