IBM

Updated 30 Oct 2014

2.8

133 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, VT (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at IBM.

Meet with about 5 managers and teams, it's a day long. They do more speaking than you have too. Be honest and tell them your interests. The managers go over what they do and sometimes they describe the entire organization. The questions they generally have are not too difficult, but you should be on top of things just in case. This didn't happen to me, but someone had to write a small circuit example for an engineering job.

Interview Questions
There was no negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Hiring Process was divided into 3 steps:-
    1. first was aptitude online exam. It was based aptitude MCQ. I would say the difficulty was 6 out of 10. But, shortlisting depends on percentile not on percentage.
    2. aptitude round was followed with a English online exam. It was relatively harder than aptitude, many people were shortlisted in this round(more than I expected).
    3. Final round was the F2F interview. It was mostly based on C/C++ questions(i would say pretty easy) along with some questions from real world scenarios and what would you do if you are in such a situation. And remember to go through your projects that you have done in past(they will finish on this).

Interview Questions
    • There was a flood in Kedarnath. They asked me, "What steps would have I taken to find out the number of missing people during the flood?"   Answer Question

They were not so clear on bond and package during placement procedure. After couple of months of waiting, I got an offer letter with 1 year bond/1Lac INR and a package of 2.9Lacs/annum. Which was clearly less that what they specified.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IBM.

No Technical Questions. Mostly common scenario questions. Initially had a phone call from recruiter. Then invited for hiring event. You get to talk to more than one division. You will then be invited for on-site. Offer arrives in 3 weeks or less.

Offer came late

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

i was contacted by hr after three weeks and few days later scheduled for a technical interview with a member of the team. Interview went well and the interviewer was nice. IBM has a communication problem.

Software Engineer Interview

Worst.No management and valid justifications.Hire in bulk and don't value cream candidates.They called as scheduled interview but it happened to be walkins Suggestion to never go for it.Went at 10 am in morning,got 1st round done at 6 pm.No management of HR operations at all.

Interview Questions
    • Asked in HR round to work for just in 10 percent hike and don't expect much later upfront.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at IBM.

The interview consisted of a phone conversation. The phone conversation was relatively lax. I was not asked any technical questions. They mostly just asked what I was interested in working on. This probably is not the norm with IBM in the states

Software Engineer Interview

You can apply through online portal or through friends referral. If you get shortlisted,HR will call you and provide you details about opportunity. Number of interview are generally depends on the team and kind of position. It sometime be done with 1 technical interview followed by HR interview or sometime it can be 2-3 technical interviews followed by HR round.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

Slow and tedious process . Lots of interviews. very technical in nature. I was interviewed over 7 times. each time with a different engineer or management level. Most questions were basic compared to the required knowledge level. However, the interviewers always expected the response to match their intentions

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IBM.

I applied online, got an email saying they were interested, and had two phone interviews (first personality, second technical) followed by a three hour online skills and logic test that made my brain hurt but that I apparently passed. Got the offer and was very excited, but decided on another position.

Interview Questions

I took another offer at a financial firm.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IBM.

Called me for a phone interview, asking general questions regarding to projects that I had previously worked on, send me off to an on site interview with the manager that I previously talked with and a team lead. Interview questions is relatively easy, mostly regarding various software design cycles.