IKEA Interview Questions

2.5

Co Worker Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at IKEA in July 2014.

I applied online on a saturday and got a reply the next day or tuesday which really surprised me so I would say CV and Covering Letter is very important(maybe luck as well). Then i got an email saying that I have a group interview on a thursday but I couldnt do that thursday so I just told them, I will not be able to do it but they were so lenient and gave me the next thursday for the group interview and this time I attended.

In this group interview, you will have a icebreaker for about an hour, honestly its really chilled but as I am quite a shy at first person as soon as the questions got to me I fumbled with my words a lot and I actually said Im quite nervous sorry. Anyway so it starts with an icebreaker lasting an hour then the scary part...

They make you choose an item and please dont hesitate to run for an item you know youll do good at & basically you get asked how would you sell the products to the customer. Then thry will go thru you one by one then they will say theres a twist, you have to partner up w/ someone and choose between you two what item can give more functions or features for a customer.

The last test is how to give a good customer service and if you received a bad customer service ever what happened with that etc. This just shows the interviewers how well your good customer service skills are and how would you handle difficult situations.

Then this is where you find out if you got a spot or not, they half the group and LUCKILY i got in the group for the people who have a 1-1 interview whereas the other group didnt pass the test or stages.

For the 1-1 interview is where its really chilled, you tell them your availiability, how long it took you to get there and why ikea( i said good customer service and money lol).

If you made it this far on my story, ill give you a tip. Be yourself, dont be too bossy and dont be too quiet, be yourself guys.

Then if you get it, you get it. As for me i got a callback in 2-3 days. Then ill shorten it up and say i got another 10 min interview saying at which department ill be working at & my pay& my hours which leads to the next wee of you getting trained to 3-4 days which at this point allows you to officially become an ikea co-worker. Good luck & hope i helped! :)

Interview Questions
    • The stage 2 which is selling a product I have chosen from a box.   View Answer
    Be specific about how many hours you want and your shifts( morning or evening), if you have a good manager he will allow you to do the shifts youll prefer.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ashton, North West England, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashton, North West England, England

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at IKEA.

It was a group interview. Quite a casual environment. Mainly based in group activities such as mind mapping good customer service ideas. No need to be nervous not intimidating at all

Interview Questions
    • What is good customer service and how would you provide it?   Answer Question

3D-artist Interview

Since part of the IKEA sphere, first line of recruitment is made internally. Secondly comes the public hiring, which is strictly competence based (CVs, portfolios etc.).

Interview Questions
    • Started out as an intern, so I never did a job interview at this location.   Answer Question
    Short talk on salary. Nothing else.

Customer Service - Phone Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA in January 2013.

Applied online Middle of Jan, Call the next day to arrange a telephone interview, Telephone interview quite easy, Why Ikea etc, Emailed the following day requesting I completed an online survey and to confirm I was to attend the assessment centre the following week for an all day assessment. The assessment was 9.45am-4pm which consisted of an introduce yourself, team exercise which involved listening to calls and discussing, then a presentation (it is important to be seen as a team player and also confident) then a 1-1 interview which was 15 questions, What does Ikea mean to you? What does Ikea mean to Customers.. Tell me about a time you influenced/persuaded someone? Tell me a mistake you have made and how you rectified it? I found it very difficult to answer under pressure. then an individual exercise involving taking a call from a fake customer with a problem, writing notes on screen of the call, It was a full on day but remember you are being assessed from the moment you enter till the moment you leave, just be relaxed, friendly, team player. confident but not bossy, and listen to everyone's input.. I was told they would make a decision within 5 days, I got a call the next day offering me a position. Hope this helps.. I prepared as much as possible for the interview..

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you met somone who disliked you? What happened and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in March 2012.

Email inviting you to recruitment event, if you successfully pass that they will ring you for an interview, i had two interviews with 2 different people, then if successful they will ring you and ask you to come in for a 2 day induction

CO-Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milton Keynes, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England

The process took a day - interviewed at IKEA in February 2008.

Postal invitation to interview. Followed by short conformation telephone call. 1:1 interview 3 days later. Basic questions… why IKEA? What makes you unique? One word to describe yourself. etc

Got offered a possession but turned down.

Nice environment.

Didn't like the uniform.

Coworker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at IKEA in January 2007.

one to one interview with the department manager.

very informal, just a chat really. Ask you why IKEA. The job position was explained. Then asked how you would respond in various situations.

If you were dealing with a customer, and had to get something from elsewhere, and was asked for assistance from another customer, what would you do?

Store Visual Co-worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

I applied for a seasonal (holiday) visual co-worker position and was contacted next day by someone from HR for a quick phone screen. Easy questions "why do you want to work for Ikea" etc. It went well and she said she would refer me to the next interview and that I would be contacted by the store's hiring manager within two weeks.

Three weeks went by and I still had not been scheduled for a second interview. I contacted the recruiter via email and still no answer.

Five weeks after my original phone interview, someone from hr finally emailed me only to tell me they were not hiring for the position and that it was "on hold"

Interview Questions
    • "what was something you were proud of in your past experience" "Tell me about a time when you worked within a group and as an individual"   Answer Question

Inventory Co-worker Interview

First a phone interview about hows and whats about your application, availablities, working rights etc, general questions. Then a panel interview. I'm still waiting for the final interview by HR department.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

I went on the website and applied online the application process was pretty easy. Two weeks later I got a call about a hiring event. I went to the hiring event there were around 25 people. They made us partner up and present in front of the group of possible employees and hiring managers. we had to ask are partners questions about why Ikea and about there prior work experience and present the info they gave us. Then we were asked to step out the room so they could deliberate. After that they called us back into the room and split us up in two groups. My group was asked to step outside once again. The people who were left in the room were not considered and basically told why not. after waiting like 30 minutes a manager came out and brought me into a interview room were he began to interview me one on one. He asked personality questions apart from the basic questions this interview was way more intense and caught me off guard. I later waited on the main hiring manager which then brought me to a room where he told me that I had too little experience to be a sales associate they require at least 2 years of prior experince to be considered for the position. so I was gonna be considered for the cashier position. I was told to go back to the waiting room that the cashier manger was going to come to interview me. Her interview was easy going and relaxed the basic questions were asked. She said the Main hiring manager would be the finale judge and if yes i would be emailed the background check information. I left the interview at 4 by 5.30 I had the email. I was there form 12.30pm to 4.00pm

Ps. The same day around 7.00am hours before the event started I was called by headquarters I was interviewed and told that my resume was being fowarded to the location I applied to unknowing that I had already been called in for an interview. So basically expect a phone interview before the actual interview

Interview Questions
    • Whats the last thing you read? What was your favorite part? What was the last nice thing you did ? Tell me something nerdy about you?   Answer Question

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!