IKEA Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Co Worker Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at IKEA in July 2014.

I applied online on a saturday and got a reply the next day or tuesday which really surprised me so I would say CV and Covering Letter is very important(maybe luck as well). Then i got an email saying that I have a group interview on a thursday but I couldnt do that thursday so I just told them, I will not be able to do it but they were so lenient and gave me the next thursday for the group interview and this time I attended.

In this group interview, you will have a icebreaker for about an hour, honestly its really chilled but as I am quite a shy at first person as soon as the questions got to me I fumbled with my words a lot and I actually said Im quite nervous sorry. Anyway so it starts with an icebreaker lasting an hour then the scary part...

They make you choose an item and please dont hesitate to run for an item you know youll do good at & basically you get asked how would you sell the products to the customer. Then thry will go thru you one by one then they will say theres a twist, you have to partner up w/ someone and choose between you two what item can give more functions or features for a customer.

The last test is how to give a good customer service and if you received a bad customer service ever what happened with that etc. This just shows the interviewers how well your good customer service skills are and how would you handle difficult situations.

Then this is where you find out if you got a spot or not, they half the group and LUCKILY i got in the group for the people who have a 1-1 interview whereas the other group didnt pass the test or stages.

For the 1-1 interview is where its really chilled, you tell them your availiability, how long it took you to get there and why ikea( i said good customer service and money lol).

If you made it this far on my story, ill give you a tip. Be yourself, dont be too bossy and dont be too quiet, be yourself guys.

Then if you get it, you get it. As for me i got a callback in 2-3 days. Then ill shorten it up and say i got another 10 min interview saying at which department ill be working at & my pay& my hours which leads to the next wee of you getting trained to 3-4 days which at this point allows you to officially become an ikea co-worker. Good luck & hope i helped! :)

Interview Questions
    • The stage 2 which is selling a product I have chosen from a box.   View Answer
    Be specific about how many hours you want and your shifts( morning or evening), if you have a good manager he will allow you to do the shifts youll prefer.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Ashton, North West England, England
    Anonymous Employee in Ashton, North West England, England

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at IKEA.

It was a group interview. Quite a casual environment. Mainly based in group activities such as mind mapping good customer service ideas. No need to be nervous not intimidating at all

Interview Questions
    • What is good customer service and how would you provide it?   Answer Question

3D-artist Interview

Since part of the IKEA sphere, first line of recruitment is made internally. Secondly comes the public hiring, which is strictly competence based (CVs, portfolios etc.).

Interview Questions
    • Started out as an intern, so I never did a job interview at this location.   Answer Question
    Short talk on salary. Nothing else.

Customer Service - Phone Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA in January 2013.

Applied online Middle of Jan, Call the next day to arrange a telephone interview, Telephone interview quite easy, Why Ikea etc, Emailed the following day requesting I completed an online survey and to confirm I was to attend the assessment centre the following week for an all day assessment. The assessment was 9.45am-4pm which consisted of an introduce yourself, team exercise which involved listening to calls and discussing, then a presentation (it is important to be seen as a team player and also confident) then a 1-1 interview which was 15 questions, What does Ikea mean to you? What does Ikea mean to Customers.. Tell me about a time you influenced/persuaded someone? Tell me a mistake you have made and how you rectified it? I found it very difficult to answer under pressure. then an individual exercise involving taking a call from a fake customer with a problem, writing notes on screen of the call, It was a full on day but remember you are being assessed from the moment you enter till the moment you leave, just be relaxed, friendly, team player. confident but not bossy, and listen to everyone's input.. I was told they would make a decision within 5 days, I got a call the next day offering me a position. Hope this helps.. I prepared as much as possible for the interview..

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you met somone who disliked you? What happened and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in March 2012.

Email inviting you to recruitment event, if you successfully pass that they will ring you for an interview, i had two interviews with 2 different people, then if successful they will ring you and ask you to come in for a 2 day induction

CO-Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Milton Keynes, England
    Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England

The process took a day - interviewed at IKEA in February 2008.

Postal invitation to interview. Followed by short conformation telephone call. 1:1 interview 3 days later. Basic questions… why IKEA? What makes you unique? One word to describe yourself. etc

Got offered a possession but turned down.

Nice environment.

Didn't like the uniform.

Coworker Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at IKEA in January 2007.

one to one interview with the department manager.

very informal, just a chat really. Ask you why IKEA. The job position was explained. Then asked how you would respond in various situations.

If you were dealing with a customer, and had to get something from elsewhere, and was asked for assistance from another customer, what would you do?

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Graz (Austria)
    Anonymous Employee in Graz (Austria)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA in July 2014.

One week after sending the application, I got invited to "a look behind the scenes" where they wanted to learn more about me. It was actually a group interview with 11 other applicants and 3 interviewers: head of visual merchandising, head of interior design and HR person.The athmosphere was really relaxed and casual, interviewers were smiling and laughing a lot, making jokes etc. They presented themselves first and then each applicant presented themselves and their backgrounds while everyone else listened. That was basically it. So at that point there were 12 applicants applying for two different jobs: visual merchandiser and interior designer.

Two days after the interview I got an invitation by email to come to an Assessment center. It was a whole-day (9-16) skills test including different teamwork tasks, decorating, drawing a sketch, making collages etc. I think we did about 7-8 different tasks during the day and every task was to be presented in front of everybody. There were eight of us this time applying for those two jobs.

The day of the assessment was Wednesday. They promised to inform us about going forward or not at the end of next week. On Friday of the next week there was still no word from them. I received an email next Monday that I did not go forward with them.

After the assessment tehre would have been at least one more interview, including the manager of the department store, before the would make an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were quite usual: Why do you want to work at Ikea? Why would you be the best applicant? How do you see Ikea?   Answer Question

General Ledger Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in April 2011.

There are three interview steps. First step is group interview and it is fun, not too hard. Then is manager interview, talking about your interests, your career goal. Also with skilled interview. The last is CEO interview, just talking in Englishe to test English skills.

Interview Questions
    • The biggest trouble you met during work and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

FOOD Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in April 2014.

First received a phone interview. Then got called back to have an in person interview. Pretty simple interview. How do you work in a team, What are your greatest accomplishments? Where do you se yourself in the future? Do you have reliable transportation? THe interviewer was super nice.

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!