IKEA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
Ashton, North West England, England

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details It was a group interview. Quite a casual environment. Mainly based in group activities such as mind mapping good customer service ideas. No need to be nervous not intimidating at all

Interview Question – What is good customer service and how would you provide it?   Answer Question

3D-artist Interview

3D-artist

Interviewed at IKEA

Interview Details Since part of the IKEA sphere, first line of recruitment is made internally. Secondly comes the public hiring, which is strictly competence based (CVs, portfolios etc.).

Interview Question – Started out as an intern, so I never did a job interview at this location.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short talk on salary. Nothing else.

Customer Service - Phone Center Interview

Customer Service - Phone Center
Birmingham, England

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA in January 2013.

Interview Details Applied online Middle of Jan, Call the next day to arrange a telephone interview, Telephone interview quite easy, Why Ikea etc, Emailed the following day requesting I completed an online survey and to confirm I was to attend the assessment centre the following week for an all day assessment. The assessment was 9.45am-4pm which consisted of an introduce yourself, team exercise which involved listening to calls and discussing, then a presentation (it is important to be seen as a team player and also confident) then a 1-1 interview which was 15 questions, What does Ikea mean to you? What does Ikea mean to Customers.. Tell me about a time you influenced/persuaded someone? Tell me a mistake you have made and how you rectified it? I found it very difficult to answer under pressure. then an individual exercise involving taking a call from a fake customer with a problem, writing notes on screen of the call, It was a full on day but remember you are being assessed from the moment you enter till the moment you leave, just be relaxed, friendly, team player. confident but not bossy, and listen to everyone's input.. I was told they would make a decision within 5 days, I got a call the next day offering me a position. Hope this helps.. I prepared as much as possible for the interview..

Interview Question – Tell me a time you met somone who disliked you? What happened and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Kitchen Assistant
Birmingham, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in March 2012.

Interview Details Email inviting you to recruitment event, if you successfully pass that they will ring you for an interview, i had two interviews with 2 different people, then if successful they will ring you and ask you to come in for a 2 day induction

Interview Question – Who inspires you   Answer Question

CO-Worker Interview

CO-Worker
Milton Keynes, England

The process took a day - interviewed at IKEA in February 2008.

Interview Details Postal invitation to interview. Followed by short conformation telephone call. 1:1 interview 3 days later. Basic questions… why IKEA? What makes you unique? One word to describe yourself. etc

Got offered a possession but turned down.

Nice environment.

Interview Question – Describe yourself in one word…   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Didn't like the uniform.

Coworker Interview

Coworker

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at IKEA in January 2007.

Interview Details one to one interview with the department manager.

very informal, just a chat really. Ask you why IKEA. The job position was explained. Then asked how you would respond in various situations.

If you were dealing with a customer, and had to get something from elsewhere, and was asked for assistance from another customer, what would you do?

Interview Question – What does IKEA stand for?   Answer Question

Sales Shopkeeper Interview

Sales Shopkeeper
Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA in February 2010.

Interview Details basic questions about IKEA values , where did IKEA first begins to this journey. who is the founder of IKEA. what do u think about IKEA's global annual turnover? have you ever worked as a saled admin/manager before? can you please give some examples about your previous job? how many people you work with? how big as your team?

Interview Question – how many customers did shop at IKEA stores last year?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – less payment than i expected

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
West Covina, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IKEA in June 2011.

Interview Details I filled out an application in person and got a call back within a week. I only had one interview but it went well except I was found overqualified and was not hired for fear I would leave for better pay.

Interview Question – Pretty standard set of questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details filled an online application. Got a call after 1 month to come in for the interview with the department manager. After the interview, i was asked to come back for a second interview with the team leader and also asked for references. 1 week later later, got a job offer.

Interview Question – Why Ikea?
Tell us about yourself?
  Answer Question

Cookshop Associate Interview

Cookshop Associate
Miami, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IKEA in April 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. Received email from recruiter to conduct a telephone call interview. Set up date and time. Phone interview was about thirty minutes. Received a followup email after the phone interview for an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of filling out a physical application and attach resume. During this interview there were several phycological evaluations with hands on tools and puzzles. Finally I had to come up with a new product and sell it to them. There were about 12 candidates, the groups were separated, my group of 5 were chosen as qualified for the position. This was 4 months ago. The store opens in August. I never received a call, or email to at least inform me of the outcome or rejection. This was callous and inexcusable of the recruiter to do this after so many interactions.

Interview Question – Invent a new product that can be sold here. Make it, list it's functions, market it, give it a price and sell it.   View Answer

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!