IKEA Interview Questions

2.5

Co Worker Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at IKEA in July 2014.

I applied online on a saturday and got a reply the next day or tuesday which really surprised me so I would say CV and Covering Letter is very important(maybe luck as well). Then i got an email saying that I have a group interview on a thursday but I couldnt do that thursday so I just told them, I will not be able to do it but they were so lenient and gave me the next thursday for the group interview and this time I attended.

In this group interview, you will have a icebreaker for about an hour, honestly its really chilled but as I am quite a shy at first person as soon as the questions got to me I fumbled with my words a lot and I actually said Im quite nervous sorry. Anyway so it starts with an icebreaker lasting an hour then the scary part...

They make you choose an item and please dont hesitate to run for an item you know youll do good at & basically you get asked how would you sell the products to the customer. Then thry will go thru you one by one then they will say theres a twist, you have to partner up w/ someone and choose between you two what item can give more functions or features for a customer.

The last test is how to give a good customer service and if you received a bad customer service ever what happened with that etc. This just shows the interviewers how well your good customer service skills are and how would you handle difficult situations.

Then this is where you find out if you got a spot or not, they half the group and LUCKILY i got in the group for the people who have a 1-1 interview whereas the other group didnt pass the test or stages.

For the 1-1 interview is where its really chilled, you tell them your availiability, how long it took you to get there and why ikea( i said good customer service and money lol).

If you made it this far on my story, ill give you a tip. Be yourself, dont be too bossy and dont be too quiet, be yourself guys.

Then if you get it, you get it. As for me i got a callback in 2-3 days. Then ill shorten it up and say i got another 10 min interview saying at which department ill be working at & my pay& my hours which leads to the next wee of you getting trained to 3-4 days which at this point allows you to officially become an ikea co-worker. Good luck & hope i helped! :)

Interview Questions
    • The stage 2 which is selling a product I have chosen from a box.   View Answer
    Be specific about how many hours you want and your shifts( morning or evening), if you have a good manager he will allow you to do the shifts youll prefer.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ashton, North West England, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashton, North West England, England

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at IKEA.

It was a group interview. Quite a casual environment. Mainly based in group activities such as mind mapping good customer service ideas. No need to be nervous not intimidating at all

Interview Questions
    • What is good customer service and how would you provide it?   Answer Question

3D-artist Interview

Since part of the IKEA sphere, first line of recruitment is made internally. Secondly comes the public hiring, which is strictly competence based (CVs, portfolios etc.).

Interview Questions
    • Started out as an intern, so I never did a job interview at this location.   Answer Question
    Short talk on salary. Nothing else.

Customer Service - Phone Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA in January 2013.

Applied online Middle of Jan, Call the next day to arrange a telephone interview, Telephone interview quite easy, Why Ikea etc, Emailed the following day requesting I completed an online survey and to confirm I was to attend the assessment centre the following week for an all day assessment. The assessment was 9.45am-4pm which consisted of an introduce yourself, team exercise which involved listening to calls and discussing, then a presentation (it is important to be seen as a team player and also confident) then a 1-1 interview which was 15 questions, What does Ikea mean to you? What does Ikea mean to Customers.. Tell me about a time you influenced/persuaded someone? Tell me a mistake you have made and how you rectified it? I found it very difficult to answer under pressure. then an individual exercise involving taking a call from a fake customer with a problem, writing notes on screen of the call, It was a full on day but remember you are being assessed from the moment you enter till the moment you leave, just be relaxed, friendly, team player. confident but not bossy, and listen to everyone's input.. I was told they would make a decision within 5 days, I got a call the next day offering me a position. Hope this helps.. I prepared as much as possible for the interview..

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you met somone who disliked you? What happened and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in March 2012.

Email inviting you to recruitment event, if you successfully pass that they will ring you for an interview, i had two interviews with 2 different people, then if successful they will ring you and ask you to come in for a 2 day induction

CO-Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milton Keynes, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England

The process took a day - interviewed at IKEA in February 2008.

Postal invitation to interview. Followed by short conformation telephone call. 1:1 interview 3 days later. Basic questions… why IKEA? What makes you unique? One word to describe yourself. etc

Got offered a possession but turned down.

Nice environment.

Didn't like the uniform.

Coworker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at IKEA in January 2007.

one to one interview with the department manager.

very informal, just a chat really. Ask you why IKEA. The job position was explained. Then asked how you would respond in various situations.

If you were dealing with a customer, and had to get something from elsewhere, and was asked for assistance from another customer, what would you do?

Ikea Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at IKEA.

Very relaxed interviewer, gave me tips on how to be a better interview prospective (was very new.) The office area was very modern and the overall team that greeted me as I walked to the interview room were welcoming. The interviewer asked me about previous jobs and not-work related interests, and seemed interested in me as a person and not a potential wage slave.

Interview Questions
    • How to pronounce some Swedish word that I'd never seen before.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase; IKEA didn't pay cashiers well at the time and had a very high turn over.

Interior Designer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA.

There were 3 stages to the process; phone screening, group interview and 'the grandparent' interview. Applied online and got a call around 2-3 weeks later. The phone interview had questions about IKEA (i.e. why IKEA, what does home furnishing mean to you, etc.) and lasted around 15 min.

A week later I got a call saying I made it to the group assessment day+ a confirmation email. In addition, there was a form I had to fill out with situational questions (i.e. tell us about a time when you faced an obstacle and how did you overcome it?, when was a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it? etc.) and a personality quiz to complete. The group interview was a week after the confirmation email and I had to bring my portfolio along.

On the day, there were around 9 people (including myself), 6 were going for the Visual merchandising role whilst 2 others + me were going for the Interior Designer role. There were head designers, managers and HR people in the room as well and they were all very friendly. After a brief intro about IKEA, we introduced ourselves and presented the piece of work in our portfolio we were most proud of. Then we had group activities, analysing a specific room (i.e. what is the style of the room? who do you think lives in this room? what would you change about the room? etc.) and split into teams of 3 to build a flatpack (could be a table, cabinet, etc.). Had to present our furniture and talk about where we would place it and how it could be used. After a lunch break, we had a 'feedback' session, which was actually a further interview questioning session. There were 2 people asking situational questions (around 8 Qs) and because I was not expecting it at all, blanked out for a few secs but they helped guide and recollect my thoughts so that was pretty nice of them. That concluded the group interview day and I was told I would find if I pass the round by Friday.

Then on the following day, I got a call back saying I had made it to the 'Grandparent interview' and was asked to come in on the Friday (short notice because the manager was quite busy). I was asked to bring my portfolio again and was told that it was an informal interview with the Design head. True to their word, it was the most relaxed and chilled interview ever, chatting about different cultures, different IKEAs around the world, etc. The only questions he asked were once again, 'why IKEA? what do you think IKEA can offer you, what do you think the differences are between this IKEA and the other one?etc. Showed him my portfolio and chatted a bit more. Overall lasted around 2 hours and that concluded the final interview. Got a call a week later asking for reference checks and now pending (so no offer yet)

Interview Questions
    • As an interior designer, what would your role be to customers in IKEA?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you had to deal with change and how did you cope with it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at IKEA.

So, I applied online for a cashier position and was called back within a day. The first interview was with the floor manager, and my second interview was with the general manager. I'm guessing they liked me lol.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest mistake you ever made? How did you recover from it?   Answer Question

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!