IKEA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Co Worker Sales Interview

Co Worker Sales
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IKEA in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online on a saturday and got a reply the next day or tuesday which really surprised me so I would say CV and Covering Letter is very important(maybe luck as well). Then i got an email saying that I have a group interview on a thursday but I couldnt do that thursday so I just told them, I will not be able to do it but they were so lenient and gave me the next thursday for the group interview and this time I attended.

In this group interview, you will have a icebreaker for about an hour, honestly its really chilled but as I am quite a shy at first person as soon as the questions got to me I fumbled with my words a lot and I actually said Im quite nervous sorry. Anyway so it starts with an icebreaker lasting an hour then the scary part...

They make you choose an item and please dont hesitate to run for an item you know youll do good at & basically you get asked how would you sell the products to the customer. Then thry will go thru you one by one then they will say theres a twist, you have to partner up w/ someone and choose between you two what item can give more functions or features for a customer.

The last test is how to give a good customer service and if you received a bad customer service ever what happened with that etc. This just shows the interviewers how well your good customer service skills are and how would you handle difficult situations.

Then this is where you find out if you got a spot or not, they half the group and LUCKILY i got in the group for the people who have a 1-1 interview whereas the other group didnt pass the test or stages.

For the 1-1 interview is where its really chilled, you tell them your availiability, how long it took you to get there and why ikea( i said good customer service and money lol).

If you made it this far on my story, ill give you a tip. Be yourself, dont be too bossy and dont be too quiet, be yourself guys.

Then if you get it, you get it. As for me i got a callback in 2-3 days. Then ill shorten it up and say i got another 10 min interview saying at which department ill be working at & my pay& my hours which leads to the next wee of you getting trained to 3-4 days which at this point allows you to officially become an ikea co-worker. Good luck & hope i helped! :)

Interview Question – The stage 2 which is selling a product I have chosen from a box.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be specific about how many hours you want and your shifts( morning or evening), if you have a good manager he will allow you to do the shifts youll prefer.

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
Ashton, North West England, England

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details It was a group interview. Quite a casual environment. Mainly based in group activities such as mind mapping good customer service ideas. No need to be nervous not intimidating at all

Interview Question – What is good customer service and how would you provide it?   Answer Question

3D-artist Interview

3D-artist

Interviewed at IKEA

Interview Details Since part of the IKEA sphere, first line of recruitment is made internally. Secondly comes the public hiring, which is strictly competence based (CVs, portfolios etc.).

Interview Question – Started out as an intern, so I never did a job interview at this location.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short talk on salary. Nothing else.

Customer Service - Phone Center Interview

Customer Service - Phone Center
Birmingham, England

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IKEA in January 2013.

Interview Details Applied online Middle of Jan, Call the next day to arrange a telephone interview, Telephone interview quite easy, Why Ikea etc, Emailed the following day requesting I completed an online survey and to confirm I was to attend the assessment centre the following week for an all day assessment. The assessment was 9.45am-4pm which consisted of an introduce yourself, team exercise which involved listening to calls and discussing, then a presentation (it is important to be seen as a team player and also confident) then a 1-1 interview which was 15 questions, What does Ikea mean to you? What does Ikea mean to Customers.. Tell me about a time you influenced/persuaded someone? Tell me a mistake you have made and how you rectified it? I found it very difficult to answer under pressure. then an individual exercise involving taking a call from a fake customer with a problem, writing notes on screen of the call, It was a full on day but remember you are being assessed from the moment you enter till the moment you leave, just be relaxed, friendly, team player. confident but not bossy, and listen to everyone's input.. I was told they would make a decision within 5 days, I got a call the next day offering me a position. Hope this helps.. I prepared as much as possible for the interview..

Interview Question – Tell me a time you met somone who disliked you? What happened and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Kitchen Assistant
Birmingham, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at IKEA in March 2012.

Interview Details Email inviting you to recruitment event, if you successfully pass that they will ring you for an interview, i had two interviews with 2 different people, then if successful they will ring you and ask you to come in for a 2 day induction

Interview Question – Who inspires you   Answer Question

CO-Worker Interview

CO-Worker
Milton Keynes, England

The process took a day - interviewed at IKEA in February 2008.

Interview Details Postal invitation to interview. Followed by short conformation telephone call. 1:1 interview 3 days later. Basic questions… why IKEA? What makes you unique? One word to describe yourself. etc

Got offered a possession but turned down.

Nice environment.

Interview Question – Describe yourself in one word…   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Didn't like the uniform.

Coworker Interview

Coworker

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at IKEA in January 2007.

Interview Details one to one interview with the department manager.

very informal, just a chat really. Ask you why IKEA. The job position was explained. Then asked how you would respond in various situations.

If you were dealing with a customer, and had to get something from elsewhere, and was asked for assistance from another customer, what would you do?

Interview Question – What does IKEA stand for?   Answer Question

Interior Design Co-worker Interview

Interior Design Co-worker
Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details Was given a floor plan drawing and aesthetic test using ikea catalogue. The test parameter was 15 min. It's to test your design skills. Discuss portfolio and previous experience.

Interview Question – 3 hour long interview with direct manager, followed by department supervisor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable

Home Furnishing Sales Associate Interview

Home Furnishing Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at IKEA.

Interview Details Applied online, got email to set up phone interview for home furnishing sales associate. Emailed back with time and day. Received call from a phone number in maryland, took around 10 minutes.

Checkout Services Coworker Interview

Checkout Services Coworker

Interviewed at IKEA

Interview Details About a week after I applied online I received an email requesting me to call for a phone interview. A week after the phone interview I received an email letting me know when the store was having their next hiring event. At the hiring event I completed a paper application and had to creatively "sell/market" an item. I was at the hiring event for approx 5 hours.

Interview Question – Questions were standard fair.   Answer Question

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!