Informatica Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

3.3

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Informatica (Maidenhead, England) in May 2014.

Interview

Initial HR process was good with multiple conversations with internal HR resource.
    Interviewer was inexperienced (They were director level so this shouldn't have been the case) and constantly talked throughout the process about their career and how they had got to Director status very unprofessional. It was difficult to answer any question as they always interrupted.
    However the follow up by the internal recruiter was none existent, calling and email didn't provoke any response - its as if the internal recruiter couldn't face the job of telling you that you were not successfully. For me negative feedback is one of the best ways to improve and it was disappointing that such a large organisation had such inexperienced people.
    The office itself is in a strange location in the middle of what seems to be old Army type barrack buildings and is very old fashioned in style. However one of the comments at the interview was that Informatica was trying to update itself and transition into a more modern organisation.

Interview Questions

• None very few questions and very little opportunity to speak   Answer Question

Informatica Response

Sep 30, 2014

We value candidate experience very much at Informatica and I am sorry to hear that your overall experience is not what you expected. Would love to connect with you to discuss your experience more ... More

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Mostly revolved around implementation approach

Senior Inside-Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica (London, England) in July 2011.

Interview

The hiring was done by the reporting manager but the process can get a little slow so if you know you are the right candidate just wait till you get the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Just general interview questions.nothing impossible to answer or be less prepared for. All expected questions only.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will give a good package if the candidate is the right fit.if you are experienced and you know where Infa is placed in the market then please negotiate. There is shortage of this tools skills everywhere.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

2 rounds of in-house interviews. Met with a total of 5 individuals from senior management level (30 min each). Interviewers asked fairly straight forward questions such as tell me about yourself however expecting you to support your responses with examples from your previous job experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about any challenge in your previous job and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Informatica (Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Written Test
    3-4 Technical interview
    1-2 HR
    1 MR
    the written test consist of 75 minutes n there were 70 ques related to aptitude, OS, Linux, Programming. out of 340people 24had cleared the written test.
    Next was technical interview on the next day...I had not cleared the test so I was not allowed for further rounds

Interview Questions

• Some Question from the database, programming & algorithms   Answer Question

Pre Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Informatica.

Interview

Resume review, HR Pre Chat Filter, Hiring Manager. They then called around to people I knew inside the company and at my existing company. I have never seen such unprofessional people in the good-ol-boys club before. There are MANY recruiters and positions at this company and NO one is coordinated with each other - very odd engagement process. If you talk to the wrong person they cut you from the process. If they don't like something they just stop talking - yet other recruiters will continue to call about available positions. This company is one for the books and I suspect if your cut throat this will be a place for you.

Interview Questions

• What is MDM, ETL and how are you with abrupt directional changes.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Informatica in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through career fair. Got a mail after 2 months that they are interested in taking one hour phone interview, send availability for one 60 minute phone call. I replied them back with suitable time for the interview. After that radio silence. No mail, no call. I followed up twice to check if i am still considered for the position. But didn't receive any reply at all. It was clear to me that I am rejected,but why? This is absurd. How can they reject without even taking interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had couple of technical rounds after that I was told that I was through with the round and they will be getting in touch with me soon for the further rounds, after 1 week they sent me an email saying that I was unable to clear the interview. Too weird hiring people spoiling the name of such a big brand.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very organized and was impressive. The interaction with the hiring manager was disorganized and they referred to others in the company for guidance. The times and dates were changed several times.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about what skills and experience to determine skill-set. As the interviews progressed more questions involved process and procedure questions. I was very concerned about the manager and other co-workers.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Informatica in March 2015.

Interview

Spoke with a university recruiter via email and scheduled a time for a first technical interview. I got an email for a second technical interview as well as a behavioral interview with a hiring manager. All interviews were conducted via phone and with a shared Google Doc. You code in the Google Doc and the interviewer is watching you write.

Interview Questions

• An anagram of a phrase is another phrase that shares exactly the same letters, rearranged in a different order. Only the character count of letters (a-z) is considered. Write a method that takes two strings and checks to see if the strings contain phrases that are anagrams.   Answer Question
    • Given the string below, find the first non-repeating character   Answer Question
    • How would we find the first most occurring character?   Answer Question
    • Prior to this, we had code that was nearly identical in every way. How would you go through an optimize the code?   Answer Question