Informatica

3.3

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England

I applied online – interviewed at Informatica in May 2014.

Initial HR process was good with multiple conversations with internal HR resource.
    Interviewer was inexperienced (They were director level so this shouldn't have been the case) and constantly talked throughout the process about their career and how they had got to Director status very unprofessional. It was difficult to answer any question as they always interrupted.
    However the follow up by the internal recruiter was none existent, calling and email didn't provoke any response - its as if the internal recruiter couldn't face the job of telling you that you were not successfully. For me negative feedback is one of the best ways to improve and it was disappointing that such a large organisation had such inexperienced people.
    The office itself is in a strange location in the middle of what seems to be old Army type barrack buildings and is very old fashioned in style. However one of the comments at the interview was that Informatica was trying to update itself and transition into a more modern organisation.

Interview Questions
    • None very few questions and very little opportunity to speak   Answer Question

Informatica Response

Sep 30, 2014

We value candidate experience very much at Informatica and I am sorry to hear that your overall experience is not what you expected. Would love to connect with you to discuss your experience more ... More

Senior Consultant Interview

Mostly revolved around implementation approach

Senior Inside-Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in July 2011.

The hiring was done by the reporting manager but the process can get a little slow so if you know you are the right candidate just wait till you get the offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • Just general interview questions.nothing impossible to answer or be less prepared for. All expected questions only.   Answer Question
    They will give a good package if the candidate is the right fit.if you are experienced and you know where Infa is placed in the market then please negotiate. There is shortage of this tools skills everywhere.

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Informatica.

There are around 8 rounds of interview. Each one covers different types skills. It took around one month for me for overall process.

It is observed during the interview how you are understood the problem.

Interview Questions
    • More in Technical and technical problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

The interview process consisted of four one-on-one interviews, with three taking place during the final round. All interviewers were friendly, fair, and professional, asking questions that test one's technical and social aptitude.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Informatica.

The one who is appearing for this interview should be able to create documentation,should have good communication skill technical skill. There will be an softs kill test and analytical skills test. late on selected candidate will be interviewed by technical team and after that by company HR.once get selected,there will be background check and certificate verification

Interview Questions
    • questions are not that difficult if you have passion for the applied job.They will ask you guys about the previous designations work responsibility etc etc.Pannel will ask you regarding the expected CTC etc.Will you be able to work in shift and all.   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

It was a fair interview process back in 2009. Back then managers treated you with respect during interviews. Today the new managers show some aggressivity during the interview to see if you will crack. They will lure you into the job by being on their best behavior and once you start working for them you will see their true colours and realize how hostile they are.

Interview Questions
    • Back in 2009 it was a fair interview process...not that difficult. Today is about the same. They want top performers so if you have that on your resume, then they will want you.   Answer Question
    Very easy...they want to lure you in and then own you.

Informatica Response

Dec 29, 2014VP Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for comment. 2009 was a long time ago and lots has changed on the hiring front since that time. Informatica has received numerous candidate experience awards since 2010. We do look for top ... More

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Informatica.

Applied through school career center website and also talked to recruiters during career fair. Got an on campus interview within 10 days. The interview is pretty short, only 60 minutes. The guy who conducted the interview was from the head quarter and has been a software engineer for 20 years. The question he asked was about is pretty easy. It was about Binary Search Tree Traverse. How to do it recursively and iteratively.

Direct Response Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in December 2014.

The process was very straightforward. Their recruiter maintained constant communication throughout and was very candid with feedback. It took approximately two weeks and included a pair of phone conversations and on site interview with the hiring manager. Everything was organized efficiently and everyone was forthright. Their passion for the company was apparent putting any hesitation to rest and assuring that this was the right decision.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in December 2014.

Very easy interview but the interviewer was unprepared! The interviewer didn't greet me and had no idea about the status of my application. He also just hung up after we were done without saying anything but 'Bye'. I solved the questions really fast and when I was done it seemed like he was googling random questions and asking me. Was shocked when I didn't get an offer because I thought I did really well.