Informatica

Interview Question – Nothing   Answer Question

Senior Inside-Sales Representative Interview

Senior Inside-Sales Representative
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in July 2011.

Interview Details The hiring was done by the reporting manager but the process can get a little slow so if you know you are the right candidate just wait till you get the offer letter.

Interview Question – Just general interview questions.nothing impossible to answer or be less prepared for. All expected questions only.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will give a good package if the candidate is the right fit.if you are experienced and you know where Infa is placed in the market then please negotiate. There is shortage of this tools skills everywhere.

Marketing Manager Interview

Interviewed at Informatica

Interview Details The recruiter seemed very scattered and disorganized. She repeated a few questions twice, sometimes three times. She also asked an illegal question, which I didn't answer. She then asked me to list what previous jobs were NOT on my resume, even though I had more than 15 years listed. She was quite unprofessional and did not focus on accomplishments. She ended the interview in 15 minutes and then emailed me 2 days later to say they selected another candidate.

Interview Question – She asked an illegal question and also asked me to list what previous jobs were NOT on my resume, even though I had more than 15 years listed.   Answer Question

Software Engineer R&D Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Informatica in September 2013.

Interview Details First round online -all technical questions,multiple choice type.Second round onlie programming in Java/C++.4 rounds of face to face technical interview

Interview Question – There were questions on JAVA collections data structures.Some situations were give and was asked to identify the ideal Java collection to be used   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details I had applied online for the role a long time back and the HR got back to me asking for a date to talk with the hiring manager. She said the call would be about my background and to get an idea about the position I am interviewing for, but it turned out to be a full fledged technical interview for an hour!

After that, I had 3 more telephonic rounds of 1-hour technical interviews with various members of the team. Once I was done with that, the HR told me that they were happy with my interviews and would fly me on-site to their office at Redwood City for 6 more rounds of interviews! I was very surprised at the number of technical interviews being conducted for a Product Specialist role.

The HR was very helpful in booking the flight tickets as per my convenience and also provided me with a detailed break-up of the people I would be interviewing with and the corresponding timings. They also reimbursed my expenses for the cab to/from the airport and my meals en route.

The on-site interviews were pretty grueling. I had 3 technical interviews with the team members, a lunch/ tech interview with the manager, and one each with a HR and a director. All the interviewers were very friendly and cordial and made sure that I was comfortable and not over-whelmed by the process.

All my rounds, except for one (I am not sure if that round was a "bar raiser", but I couldn't answer many of the technical questions there), went pretty well. The manager seemed happy with my answers and my interest towards the job and the company. But , I received a mail later stating that the team members liked me but they had found a stronger candidate for the position.

Interview Question – They ask you about almost all the major projects and skills in your resume. And just superficial answers or overview about the projects won't suffice as the interviewers are very smart and actually know about most of these things. So, not just brushing up but, a thorough revision of the technologies and projects on the resume is a must.

Most of the questions were about JAVA, C++, databases and OS. A few standard algorithms were asked. It is important that we study about every single line in the job description and required qualification.

There are no brain teasers, puzzles or behavioral questions. Only technical - ranging from multi-threading, synchronization, heap space analysis and debugging to database queries/ drivers, UNIX and virtual memory.
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in March 2014.

Interview Details Very unprofessional Company/HR Staff, set me up with a conference call time and number, I called in 5 mins early, was left on conf. line for 35 mins they had no idea the call was set up or just totally forgot about my scheduled interview.

Interview Question – All their questions were easy to answer, but when I hit them with questions, they didn't like it and even called my recruiter and lied on me then shot the job out to tons of agencies calling me for same job I had just interviewed for 5 mins, ago. How unprofessional is that.   View Answer

Flag Interview

Informatica VP Global Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Apr 14, 2014

Thank you for your reply. I take candidate experience & feedback very seriously. Hence why Informatica has been awarded a Candidate Experience industry recognition award 2 years in a row.

I have
... More

QA Intern Interview

Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in March 2014.

Interview Details Two 1 hour interviews. Both technical. The first one was only technical which included coding, the second was more conversational.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions, I think the interview went well, but I did not get an offer. The first question was finding if there is a cycle in a linked list. Do not remember the second question.   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Informatica in May 2011.

Interview Details I got a call from recruiter and they arranged my telephonic interview with the Hiring Manager , it was mainly to check my java skill set as this role was of a white box tester / automation engineer. They called me for a face to face interview and I had another 6 rounds of technical interviews consisting of coding , puzzles , scenario based questions , sql , testing concepts.
After 2 days they called me for director round and I was offered.

Interview Question – data structures questions on linked list , java - maps / list / arrays related coding problems , designing your own Arraylist using the DS, sql - joins.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer in terms of compensation and work life balance.

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Informatica in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied via campus recruiting. Got called and Interviewed a few days later. The interviewer was the director of professional services team. He is nice but talkative. Asked a few questions then started to introduce informatica.

Interview Question – Asked my experience regarding data management.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

Interview Details Was contacted by a recruiter. Guided me through the interview process. Generally for an entry level position, you expect to have 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite call. I had to go through about 4 interviews before going onsite.
They got me onsite and had a standard 6 round interview. Starting with 3-4 technical rounds with the team members and the last few with the Director and VP of the department.
Interviewers were pretty cool and worked around my strengths and matched them to the requirements of the position.
Entire process took about 6 weeks starting from the recruiters call to the final onsite. Shouldn't have taken this long but the delay was partially because of a tight schedule at my end and unavailability of interviewers due to their busy calenders.
The trip was all paid for. Including all airport transfers, accommodation, meals (no cap on how much you can spend).

Interview Question – Questions were based on my strengths which was Java. But it tested your overall skills and knowledge of all the basic technologies. Included questions and problems on Java, OS details, Networking, Servers, Databases, RDBMS Theory, Designing, Troubleshooting, Case Studies and possibly everything you can think of. The interviews also got a bit of background on my projects and courses.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was given an offer on the spot at the end of all rounds. Negotiated a bit, and accepted the offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Informatica

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!

Informatica Videos

Informatica – Why Work for Us?

We Put Potential to Work We believe the information potential is endless—and data integration is more important than ever. We believe it is the bedrock of truth that enables organizations to ask and answer even more… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Informatica interview questions and advice. All 120 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Informatica employees and interview candidates.