Informatica

27 interviews

3.5

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Informatica in August 2014.

2 rounds of written test then 4 rounds of interview . the first written test included aptitude , technical ie c and java and sql and unix questions .
second written test included code writing, C programs , shell scripting and sql queries.
interview focuses mainly on database related questions and puzzles. Be prepared for questions like diff btw dbms, rdbms , ordbms .

Interview Questions
  • be prepared to think out of the box because they ll be asking quite a few puzzles for to solve   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Informatica

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Informatica in June 2012.

The first question, was explaining about work profile which was good start to demonstrate technical capabilities and make good impression of expertise in domain and technologies. ( this is what we already write in our resume/profile, but it was chance given to explain out yourself).

Next question was to explain out current project architecture and implementation on big board. Here, had interactive session for 5-10 mins on process flow, different pros and cons of architecture design and explaining out how this design works with actual use cases. ( This works out to be good demonstration for what currently doing, so started with explaining project architecture SOA based layered architecture, emphasizing more on J2EE core design pattern, GOF design pattern for creational, behavioral and structural, also talking of solution components and how they are integrated like EJB, Webservices, JMS, Database, Quartz batch scheduler.

Next questions was sort in debate mode on clustering (application running on multiple server) and how application works. More specifically on batch scheduler running in cluster environment. Expectation was high level explanation how Quartz scheduler handlers cluster deployment.

Next question was on making MQ messages transactional in synchronous communication environment. Let's say I have an application which need to send out messages to two databases oracle and sybase, part of record is written in oracle remaining part of same message goes in sybase, so let's say if sybase transaction failed then how would you roll back whole transaction so that data in oracle is not inconsistency with sybase database

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Campus (Nepal)
    Anonymous Employee in Campus (Nepal)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Informatica in February 2014.

First contact was on campus at a school job fair. Submitted my resume and got a call within a couple of days to appear for an on campus interview. I only have 5 days in between to prepare for the interview so I definitely could have done better....

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion, how would you design the "model" portion of the model view controller schema for notepad or any text-based editor.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in November 2013.

There is one round on campus interview. Took 45 minutes. Two simple questions about binary tree traverse and string duplications.

Then there is one day onsite interview. About 5 round totally, each is one hour. No break between interviews (except the lunch). So its a tough day. The questions including design, algorithm, test case, brain teaser...

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redwood City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in January 2013.

1 phone interview followed by 5 skype interviews. The questions involved Java threading, datastructures and algorithms. Most of the questions were regular interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question on blocking queue implementation in Java and another one on traversing an alternate tree structure.   Answer Question
    They asked me the details of other offers I had and offered a higher figure. I could negotiate on the joining bonus but not on base salary and stocks.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Informatica in October 2013.

Submitted resume at the job fair. Attended an on campus interview (standard algorithmic questions + a design related question). Onsite interview had 4 rounds: 2 algorithmic, one design, one behavioral (with the manager). Quick process, informed of decision within a week.

Software Engineer Interview

There is one campus interview and one onsite interview. People are nice. They seem to love their work. Software developers from different teams (in my case, four teams) will talk to you. They will decide whether you are a good match for their team. HR is responsible for behavior questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Informatica.

Its tough to crack Informatica. I had almost 7 rounds + HR round. The grilled me on Data structures and algorithms, problem solving and basic java.

Negotiation becomes tough

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Informatica.

Pretty standard for college recruiting. Meet them in campus, had on campus interview. After that got 2 phone interviews. Then finally got an on-site interview. The interviews were difficult in general, but they were nice throughout the process. It looked like a very good place to be. They all seemed very happy working there.

Interview Questions
    Didn't negotiate much, got a good offer.

Software Engineering Interview

Easy and straight forward. Process completed within a week, starting with recruiter, ending with a talk with the director of the team.

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!