Infosys

Updated 15 Dec 2014

2.6

376 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys in September 2014.

The first round included quant, logical reasoning and verbal questions. Quantitative questions were quite easy. Logical reasoning required considerable thinking although a few were easy as well. The test mainly concentrated on verbal questions like comprehension, correcting the sentences, choosing the logical order etc. which were easy but finishing it in the given time frame was the challenge.
The second round was a technical/ HR round. Basic programming questions like prime numbers and Fibonacci series were asked. Few others were asked questions on DBMS too.
Then, questions on your résumé like the projects you've done, paper/project presentations and other technical and non technical activities you've done we're asked. Then, came the HR questions - why infosys? , why the IT field? , tell me everything u know abt infosys. That's about it.

Interview Questions
  • Programming - Fibonacci series and prime numbers , questions on project.   Answer Question
  • Tell me abt urself , Why infosys? , why the IT field?   Answer Question
No negotiations on salary as I was recruited through campus interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Infosys

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

First was aptitude test which consisted of verbal, analytic and mathematical sections. Verbal consisted of 40 questions to be completed in 35 mins. Math consisted of 10 questions to be completed in 25 mins and last was analytic in which 20 questions has to be solved in 30 mins. Students who cleared apti were directly called for personal interview next day.

Interview Questions
    • Aptitude section was the most difficult and max students could not clear it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

The overall process took 2 days, on day one it was presentation by HR and then the online aptitude test. Test was not so simple but if you have good practice then it is enough. Test content 3 sections as quant, Logical and Verbal. You get enough time for all of this section.
    Moving towards day 2, it was just an interview with both type of questions i.e Technical and HR. This is all. Be confident and always have a smile on your face.

Interview Questions
    Always have question for HR and had no negotiations.

Campus placement.
    3 rounds of test...
    1.Logical(sylgollism ,DI,Data sufficiency)
    2.Apptitude(questions from PNC,probability,logical)
     3.verbal
    if selected in test called for hr/tech interview..
    Mine interview only HR ...
    simple hr interview
    questions like tell me about yourself.
    your projects.
    Most of the questions from resume

Interview Questions
    • aptitude questions,verbal question,logical questions.....
      Normal HR interview

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Infosys in September 2014.

Aptitude then Interview. Aptitude consist of 3 sections i.e verbal,quantitative and puzzle. Scoring 50% in each section is compulsory. There is sectional cutoff .Every section is easy except the verbal one. It was little bit more tough.

Interview Questions
    • Clearing the aptitude and being confident in interview   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

There were two rounds
    online round comprised of logical questions, quant(their no was less), english section in which grammer, synonyms and unseen passages were there.
    Logical questions were too easy.
    Majority quant questions were of mediocre level but 30% of them were difficult.
    I really found English tough. One passage was easy but the other one was difficult.
    second round was techno hr interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys.

I was recruited as a fresher in campus placements during my final year of engineering. First round is a written test that consists of solving puzzles. Second round is a technical round of interview, during which they tested my core engineering knowledge and programming skills. Next is a HR round, which is casual just to make an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about electrical motors and generators, because I am from Electrical engineering back ground.   Answer Question
    Nothing

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Infosys.

Applied through online after I decided to switch job. HR called and scheduled on campus interview. Visited campus on Saturday and first round of interview is completely technical. Once selected in the first round, second round is a HR round. Immediately offer is made. Tried to negotiate but they did not increase any salary stating that they already met the maximum salary limit that they can offer for that position

Software Engineer Interview

Had an aptitude test. Scored well in it. Waited for some time for the results. Interview started in 1 hour or so. Very cool interview. Purely HR interview, hence could make it easily. Was asked about my engineering experiences, hobbies. Not at all a stressful interview. Received the highest marks in the interview from among all the interviewees.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys.

1st round-Online Aptitude test. You have to be very quick in this section because questions are not easy.
    2nd round- Technical Interview. Questions are based on basic C. Not very tough.
    3rd round- HR Interview. Basically they are testing your communication and confidence. Avoid giving dumb and boastful answers.