Infosys Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 10 Apr 2015

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Infosys.

Interview

Usually situation based questions. Some puzzles will be thrown in as well . Questions based on resume are also quite common. The behavioral questions based are mostly on success stories , failure stories etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation when you made a decision and it backfired.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Infosys

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys.

Interview

was a good experience for of aptitude and HR questions. Few questions were asked regarding the technical side but more of them were easy. Guys just go with confidence and you will make into it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

Application

interviewed at Infosys (Delhi (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

I wish to share my whole placement experience here, since this website was actually helpful for me to get through.

Although, this may not be much helpful for students who wish to apply Off campus. It might still be good to know a few expectations from these companies.

Aptitude:

1. Analytical Thinking and Arithmetic Reasoning: 15 questions-25 mins.

The frequently asked topics are Data Interpretation and syllogisms. Do not expect direct syllogisms, they might ask you to make your own premises and conclusions as well from the given set of sentences.

I felt this section a bit tough, since the data interpretation charts had huge values and we had to compute percentages for finding the answers. Otherwise it was easy.

2. Logical reasoning and Mathematical critical thinking: 10 questions -35 minutes.

This section is really easy if you know the basic concepts of general topics in Quants like Probability, Permutation and Combination, Ratio and Proportions, Percentages, Time speed Distance and a few others. It is less likely that you might get the type of problems that you practice at home. So make sure you understand the concepts.

Logical reasoning can be tricky so make sure you practice a few problems before exam. A few hours of practice for logical reasoning is more than enough.

3. Verbal Reasoning : 40 Questions-35 minutes.

Infosys always makes Verbal reasoning a bit tough. The key is time management really. If you have a habit of reading books then this section will be moderate for you.

Mostly asked topics are Fill in Blanks, Reading Comprehension, Sentence correction finding the grammatical mistakes and Synonyms or Antonyms.

If you don't read much, then you might wanna start practicing a bit early. Probably 5 or 6 days before the test is enough.

After all this headaches :P I cleared and went to HR interview next day.

The best mindset to have before facing an HR interview is that think that your not going to get the job. I know this is a stupid advice but trust me it will work.

Be confident, think that you have nothing to lose.

All they expect from freshers is a good attitude and an ability to learn more. And never fear to admit your ignorance on any subject that they are asking. Boldly just say "I'm sorry sir I don't know".

Interview Questions

• he asked how some questions like " What is the most amazing invention you know and how has it impacted people's life?".   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Infosys (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

A written exam to judge your mathematical and logical skills. No prior technical knowledge required. Just require to be confident in what you say or do. A 1:1 interview was conducted as well but that was quite easy to crack as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Infosys (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

Written test, mainly to test your analytic abilities. General MBA entrance exam level questions on mathematics, reasoning and English language proficiency. Interview was mainly to test your spoken English language and basic reasoning questions were also asked. This was way back in 2005.

Negotiation

No negotiations, as I had joined as a fresher (straight out of college)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Infosys.

Interview

My first interview after my graduation - the interview process is well formulated and the team tested the motivation of the candidate and relevance to the company. The analytical, mathematical and language skills are tested and following the initial round, I had to face a panel of 3 people

Interview Questions

• How do you think you are relevant to this company and what value addition can you bring to an IT company given that you are from a different engineering background   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys (Delhi (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through College/University.It was a two days Selection Process.

1. On First day,A online test was Conducted With 3 Different Sections of total 95 minutes.Regular Students with some aptitude practise will find Test Easy.
    2.Next day was HR/Technical Round in which i was asked mostly about my project.Interviewer was nice and willing to listen everything.
    3.Results were declared on that very day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.Fixed Pay as it is for all Freshers.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys.

Interview

Infy came to our college through campus placement.

First was written test which was pretty easy if you have done basic aptitude, easier than accenture.

Then was the technical the type of interview depended on which room does the coordinator takes you to eg some were pure technical grilling for 40 min some were basic hr for 10 min else were a mixed of both.

Mine was both technical and HR for 15 min approx. first he asked me about myself then on training and projects then on extracurricular. After that some random talks about IT industry and all.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jabalpur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys (Jabalpur (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a tech-HR interview.Questions were asked from my resume only.Projects were asked and basic questions from my favourite subjects such as what is stack,joins,db2.it was pretty easy.
    Written test was moderate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Infosys (Noida (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

We had the company coming to our university for campus placement. The job profile offered was software engineer, with a ctc of 3,25,000 INR.
    The process included an aptitute test and a single interview.
    On the day of the placement, the company started with a pre placement talk in which the talked about the company, job profile, training process, benefits etc. It was followed by an aptitude test. The test included basic maths ques, analytical reasoning ques and english ques. The result was announced later that day at around 8pm.
    The interviews were schedule the next morning. There was only a single round of interview which had both HR and technical question.
    The result was declared the next day.

Interview Questions

Got an offer from a better company